Government Faction

Old Role Ideas

Out of 10 what would you rate this faction?

10 - Overall Game Ready!
No votes
9 - Overall Great
No votes
8 - Overall Pretty Good
No votes
7 - Good, but could be better with some improvements
17%
6 - Decent
17%
5 - Meh
8%
4 - It's something I guess...
25%
3 - Not Bad
8%
2 - Not Terrible
No votes
1 - Horrible
17%
? - Not Sure
8%

Total votes : 12

Government Faction

Postby Seththeking » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:05 pm

Government Faction

All Government members have a Red Night Button.

All Government can vote to kill a player using the Red Night Button

Majority Government determines who dies

If their is no Majority the first Government That voted will go kill the person they voted for.
However if there is a Governor they will attack their target instead.

When someone dies it says: Player died last night, he was killed by the Government

The Government Attack is always a Basic Attack. (Unless Only Governor Left)

All Government roles are Unique

Sheriff: Your Target is a Member Of The Government!
Spy: You will know who the Government Visits
Lookout: You Will see an Alive Government player visit the dead target (Decided by the last one who voted for the killed player)

(Roles)

Governor
Spoiler: ATK: Basic (Powerful) DEF: Basic (None)
Alignment: Government Control
Abilities: During the night go to someone’s house and check for their role.
Attributes: If your the only Government left you Gain Powerful Attack But Lose your Defence.
Invest Results: ?
Consig/Witch/Governor Results: Your target owns a Government Corporation, they must be the Governor!

Role: Assistant

Spoiler: ATK: Basic DEF: None
Government Control
Alignment: During the night you can choose to Assist a Government Member. (Assisting a Government Member makes any Town Investigative or Town Support who visits that Government Member becomes Roleblocked)
Consig/Witch/Governor: Your target assists any who works for the Government, Your target is an Assistant

Role: Administrator
Alignment: Governement Control
Abilities: During the night you can choose to administrate someone (You can even administrate a Government Member including yourself)
During the day their will be a message saying “The Government Reports “Picked Player” to be unfit for the Town!
(All votes will seem to be againts the Picked Player but it will really be for whoever they pick and just look like they voted for the Picked Player)
Attributes: You can Hear Whispers
Consig/Witch/Governor Results: Your Target Administrates With High Power, they must be an Administrator

Role: Hacker
Alignment: Governement Execution
Abilities:
During the night you will Hack Player

Hack: If the target visits you or themselves they will get killed by a Virus (During the night someone that was killed by a Virus anyone who visited them is also killed by a Virus)
If you are roleblocked at anytime you will die by a Virus.

Role: Enforcer
Spoiler: ATK: Basic (Unstoppable During Day) DEF: None
Alignment:Governement Execution
During Judgement Phase you can choose to execute that person on trial right away.
(You can only use this ability Twice)
When you use this ability on someone your Government Vote counts as 0 and if you get visited by a Town Member you will deal Basic Attack to Yourself.
Consig/Witch/Governor Results: Your target has a angry urge of power, They must be an Enforcer!

Role: Agent
Spoiler: Alignment: Governement Offical
Abilities: Go to someone’s house and watch them, the whole Government will be aware of who visited them at the end of the night (Big Night Message Revealed)
Consig/Witch/Governor Results: Your target keeps an undercover watch for trouble, they must be an Agent

Role: Researcher
Alignment: Governement Offical
Attributes: Roleblock Immune
Abilities: Go to someone’s Research them.
It will take 1 Night to Research a Role.
When you finished a Research you will gain your targets ability!

Your Research will fail when Researching these following roles:
Jailor
Veteran
Retributionist
Mayor
Godfather
Mafioso
Plaugebearer
Vampire
Amnesiac
Guardian Angel
Jester
Executioner

Consig/Witch/Governor Results:
Your target wants to find something new, they must be a Researcher

Role: Executive
Ability: During the night target a person, if they visit you or someone visits them they will visits themselves instead
Invest Result: ?
Consig/Witch/Governor: Your target is the Master of confusion, They must be the Executive!

Ranked
Spoiler: Jailor
2 Town Investigative
1 Town Protective
1 Town Killing
1 Town Support
3 Random Town
Governor
2 Random Government
Neutral Killing
Neutral Evil
ANY
Last edited by Seththeking on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: Government Faction

Postby Mystoc » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:27 pm

i may leave more feedback on this later when i can read it the text you use for the names its horrible i cant tell what it says seth, im partially colorblind please change the color
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Seththeking » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:18 pm

Mystoc wrote:i may leave more feedback on this later when i can read it the text you use for the names its horrible i cant tell what it says seth, im partially colorblind please change the color

I like it Greyish Light blue but I will PM you the whole thing without the colors

(Also Can I have a Bump?)
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby FreezingFire127 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Seththeking wrote:(Also Can I have a Bump?)

No.
Discord: FreezingFire#8719

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." ~Benjamin Franklin

"Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~Maya Angelou

Spoiler: Image
FreezingFire127
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Seththeking » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:04 pm

Lol who voted Horrible? Was that you Shilster?
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Eragon1329 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:10 pm

I like the idea and it seems interesting, but I feel that enforcer is way too overpowered.

Reasoning:being able to instantly execute someone on trial, if its a townie, means that you automatically get one free kill during the day, plus the night kills. also, there is no stopping it. To get to do this twice is almost madness. Imagine a jester with two kills, except still alive and working for a faction. If you could nerf this ability a little I think this role would be much more balanced

imagine a mafia being able to get 2 free day kills, then you'll see what I mean.

also it kinda takes away the only consistent form of killing for the townies, lynching, for two days.
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral

Postby Seththeking » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:14 pm

Eragon1329 wrote:I like the idea and it seems interesting, but I feel that enforcer is way too overpowered.

Reasoning:being able to instantly execute someone on trial, if its a townie, means that you automatically get one free kill during the day, plus the night kills. also, there is no stopping it. To get to do this twice is almost madness. Imagine a jester with two kills, except still alive and working for a faction. If you could nerf this ability a little I think this role would be much more balanced

imagine a mafia being able to get 2 free day kills, then you'll see what I mean.

also it kinda takes away the only consistent form of killing for the townies, lynching, for two days.

Remember it is only during Judgement Phase so the person has to be voted up first

So here is an example situation you would use this ability:
Dan: Hey Bob what’s your role?
Kyle: Bob?
Gary reveals themselves as mayor
Voting Phase
Gary Votes Against Bob
Dan Votes Against Bob
Sarah Votes Against Bob
Tracy Votes Against Bob
Kyle Votes Against Bob
Bob: I’m Jailor!
*An Enforcer Decided To Kill this suspect!*
*The Jailor was Lynched*
Last edited by Seththeking on Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Eragon1329 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:15 pm

Seththeking wrote:
Eragon1329 wrote:I like the idea and it seems interesting, but I feel that enforcer is way too overpowered.

Remember it is only during Judgement Phase so the person has to be voted up first

Ok I see your point, but how many times do you see a townie put up to the stand either to vote for role or because the town thinks they are something other than what they claim. When this happens, you get 2 free kills. I like the idea though maybe if you change it to only once per game

*I still like the idea and the faction itself
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329

Postby Seththeking » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:20 pm

Which this role makes it so people try and advoid VFR And such

I also have an example in my other comment
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Eragon1329 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:24 pm

okay I see, good point about avoiding VFR, didn't think about it that way. :)

I can also see how avoiding this can help this role avoid being lynched, because the town won't want to VFR so they will waste time trying to figure out the role of sus person
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329

Postby Seththeking » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:53 pm

I’m still trying to figure out if it was Shilster who voted Horrible....

(Am I able to check who voted what?)

(Wait WTF now theirs 2 Horribles? Shilster must be using both their main and Lemonader666 account to vote Horrible)
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Eragon1329 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:04 pm

idk about checking, but I'll balance it out with a 9, even if I still believe(personally) that enforcer, is a bit too OP, even though I get the idea behind it

I do believe this faction is good, maybe with a bit of extreme power, but it seems like you took your time creating interesting fun roles
cheers
Last edited by Eragon1329 on Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329

Postby KingoftheRocks » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:05 pm

Seththeking wrote:(Wait WTF now theirs 2 Horribles? Shilster must be using both their main and Lemonader666 account to vote Horrible)

Actually, it was me. Any faction that can get a higher then 1kpn is a no-no unless they suffer ery severe disadvantges. The fact that the Enforcer works so well with a Exe disconcerts me, as Town should be able to have a complete power of voting while in the majority, and this throws that out the window. Also, I have rarely seen the VFR strat used succesfully, and a role that depends on a certain payer type is a secon no-no.

/nosupport until nerfed down to 1kpn. (i.e. goverment looses their kill that night to keep things even.)

(don't balance vote, vote what you think)
KingoftheRocks wrote:also of course my combat trial
would end up f***ing a fire slime and become a half reptile
and being won
by giving a slime couple relationship counseling

*click this spoiler for my sig.

KingoftheRocks
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Eragon1329 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:13 pm

anything 1kpn or under huh?

Coven if used correctly
-PM-kills player a
-Cl-with necro kills player B
-Medusa stoning-most likely 1 person, plus no will shown
-necromancer-most likely a kill here

if I read this correctly this guarantees 2 kills with a likely chance of 2 others, so 4kpn, must be overpowered...
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329

Postby KingoftheRocks » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:27 pm

Eragon1329 wrote:anything 1kpn or under huh?

Coven if used correctly
-PM-kills player a

if I read this correctly this guarantees 2 kills with a likely chance of 2 others, so 4kpn, must be overpowered...

Did I say Coven is balanced? No. A large amount of roles in the Coven DLC are fluctuationg wildly in terms of balance. (i.e. Crusader targets Town over Evils, Pshyic is RNG, Pest is outrght a neutral chaos role...) Besides, BMG added in Vampires (and a direct counter), but you know what you don't see on the TG? Conversion roles. (and direct counters.)

TDLR: Coven isn't balanced, and shouldn't be used as an excuse for bad kpn ratios.
and being won

KingoftheRocks
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Seththeking » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:46 am

KingoftheRocks wrote:
Eragon1329 wrote:anything 1kpn or under huh?

Coven if used correctly
-PM-kills player a

Did I say Coven is balanced? No. A large amount of roles in the Coven DLC are fluctuationg wildly in terms of balance. (i.e. Crusader targets Town over Evils, Pshyic is RNG, Pest is outrght a neutral chaos role...) Besides, BMG added in Vampires (and a direct counter), but you know what you don't see on the TG? Conversion roles. (and direct counters.)

TDLR: Coven isn't balanced, and shouldn't be used as an excuse for bad kpn ratios.

Keep In Mind the two extra Killing roles are not guaranteed plus this isn’t overall such an OP thing
Keep In Mind if you play it right vigi can kill every Government Member (Unlike Mafia)
The sheriff can find all Government members (Unlike Mafia)
Therefore this is as balanced as Mafia is.
And dude 2KPN
Hello dude -Ambusher/GF Combo!!??!!
KingoftheRocks wrote: I'm Not talking About DLC, I'm Talking about the default version. In the default version their is no Ambusher!

Well this would be DLC anyway but if you wanna go their fine

Janitor and Forger can remove wills (Government cannot do so)
Mafioso can become Immune (By Going to Godfather, And Again Government cannot do so)

If you vote horrible and don't have a reason or a evidence with your reason to back you up please vote ?
because I really don't think you honestly think its 1..
Last edited by Seththeking on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby KingoftheRocks » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:33 pm

Seththeking wrote:
KingoftheRocks wrote:Did I say Coven is balanced? No. A large amount of roles in the Coven DLC are fluctuationg wildly in terms of balance. (i.e. Crusader targets Town over Evils, Pshyic is RNG, Pest is outrght a neutral chaos role...) Besides, BMG added in Vampires (and a direct counter), but you know what you don't see on the TG? Conversion roles. (and direct counters.)

Keep In Mind the two extra Killing roles are not guaranteed plus this isn’t overall such an OP thing

Uh, yeah, it is. A KPN is a faction's most powerful thing at the beginning. The only reason Town (should(damn you ambusher and coven)) get more KPN then any other faction is that they have to figure out who to kill first.
Seththeking wrote:Keep In Mind if you play it right vigi can kill every Government Member (Unlike Mafia)

Vigi isn't a guaranteed. Jailor is, though, and he can kill every Mafia Member. (unless there's more then 3. If there's more then 3 Goverment, Vig can't kill them all either. Not a good point.)
Seththeking wrote:The sheriff can find all Government members (Unlike Mafia)

That helps balance a little, as 4/4 Goverment does mean you have a slight disadvantage to 3/4 Mafia. Not enough to balance, though.
Seththeking wrote:Therefore this is as balanced as Mafia is.

Nope.
Seththeking wrote:And dude 2KPN
KingoftheRocks wrote: I'm Not talking About DLC, I'm Talking about the default version. In the default version their is no Ambusher!

First:
KingoftheRocks wrote: I'm not talking about DLC, I'm talking about the vanilla version. In the default version, there is no Ambusher.

Second, DLC does not give you an excuse to make bad roles with bad KPN ratios. The fact that it's possible to do such in Coven doesn't make it the new normal. As well as the fact that Ambusher is somewhat more balanced, as it reveals itself and isn't really fun to play because of that.

Seththeking wrote:Janitor and Forger can remove wills (Government cannot do so)
Mafioso can become Immune (By Going to Godfather, And Again Government cannot do so)

[/quote]

Assistant can group roleblock/protect from NKs. (Mafia cannot do so.)
Enforcer can kill people on the stand, taking away the Town's most valuable weapon. (Mafia cannot do so without majority, which they have to work for.)

All in all, still ehh about this faction.
and being won

KingoftheRocks
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Seththeking » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:39 pm

KingoftheRocks wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
KingoftheRocks wrote:Did I say Coven is balanced? No. A large amount of roles in the Coven DLC are fluctuationg wildly in terms of balance. (i.e. Crusader targets Town over Evils, Pshyic is RNG, Pest is outrght a neutral chaos role...) Besides, BMG added in Vampires (and a direct counter), but you know what you don't see on the TG? Conversion roles. (and direct counters.)

Uh, yeah, it is. A KPN is a faction's most powerful thing at the beginning. The only reason Town (should(damn you ambusher and coven)) get more KPN then any other faction is that they have to figure out who to kill first.
Seththeking wrote:Keep In Mind if you play it right vigi can kill every Government Member (Unlike Mafia)

Vigi isn't a guaranteed. Jailor is, though, and he can kill every Mafia Member. (unless there's more then 3. If there's more then 3 Goverment, Vig can't kill them all either. Not a good point.)
Seththeking wrote:The sheriff can find all Government members (Unlike Mafia)

That helps balance a little, as 4/4 Goverment does mean you have a slight disadvantage to 3/4 Mafia. Not enough to balance, though.
Seththeking wrote:Therefore this is as balanced as Mafia is.

Nope.
Seththeking wrote:And dude 2KPN

First:
KingoftheRocks wrote: I'm not talking about DLC, I'm talking about the vanilla version. In the default version, there is no Ambusher.

Second, DLC does not give you an excuse to make bad roles with bad KPN ratios. The fact that it's possible to do such in Coven doesn't make it the new normal. As well as the fact that Ambusher is somewhat more balanced, as it reveals itself and isn't really fun to play because of that.

Seththeking wrote:Janitor and Forger can remove wills (Government cannot do so)

ThatGuy wrote:Assistant can group roleblock/protect from NKs. (Mafia cannot do so.)
Enforcer can kill people on the stand, taking away the Town's most valuable weapon. (Mafia cannot do so without majority, which they have to work for.)

All in all, still ehh about this faction.

Then vote ? Please :)

Anyway another thing this faction does is that it requires full team work where as mafia could just have a smart GF doing all the work
Spy could also see 4 people visited everyday
Where as Maf only 2

Here is a Role Battle
If you are wondering why one wins over the other ask me and I’ll let you know

Government and Mafia

Governor And Godfather (Even)
Administrator And Blackmailer (Mafia)
Executive And Consort (Even)
Hacker And Ambusher (Even)
Researcher And Disguiser (Government)
Assistant and Janitor (Even)
Enforcer And Hypnotist (Government)
Agent And Forger (Mafia)

It ends up being both sides even!

/Bump? I would like some feedback from Shilster and Mystoc Plz.
And Shilster I mean feedback like this could be better if or You should change this part because
Last edited by Gooose26 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please refrain from multi-posting
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby KingoftheRocks » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:44 pm

Wait wait wait waaaiiitttt...
You didn't.
Seththeking wrote: An alive goverment member chosen at random.

No bloody RNG. None. Make a list of who visits depending on roles, a priority list. I refuse to have something random be what an entire faction is based off of (other then random KPN rates and taking away Towns voting power).
and being won

KingoftheRocks
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Seththeking » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:52 am

KingoftheRocks wrote:Wait wait wait waaaiiitttt...
You didn't.

No bloody RNG. None. Make a list of who visits depending on roles, a priority list. I refuse to have something random be what an entire faction is based off of (other then random KPN rates and taking away Towns voting power).

Alright, Changed
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby KingoftheRocks » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:16 am

Seththeking wrote:
You didn't.

Alright, Changed

Oh, cool!
Wah…

You do know players can't control the order of houses, and it's completely RNG? It was the main problem with my Neighbor, which depended on houses before I found out they're RNG.

May want to change it again, mate.
and being won

KingoftheRocks
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Seththeking » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:06 am

KingoftheRocks wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
You didn't.

Alright, Changed

Oh, cool!
Wah…

You do know players can't control the order of houses, and it's completely RNG? It was the main problem with my Neighbor, which depended on houses before I found out they're RNG.

May want to change it again, mate.

Alright, Changed (Also What makes this Faction stand out over other ideas is because it has a new mechanic, The "Red" Button)
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby TheGator » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:05 pm

This is Gator-Garbage!

is this suppose to be a faction? this looks like a bunch of roles put together into something stupid....
Support the Gator club! (Talk about TOS, ideas, life, crocodilians and much much more.)

Check out my haunted mansion by clicking here!

I own a Casino! Wanna play a game at my Casino? If so click on this link
Click on this link or it will Infect you!

Fourm Games
Spoiler: TGVIII - Citizen - Survived - Town
TGX - Consort - Canned

TheGator
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Gooose26 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:27 pm

You asked in FD for some advice, so here it is (I don't go very easy). I will note that since this is the first read through, my opinions on the faction are not always set in stone and if you disagree with something, then it is up for debate. The more discussion that takes place, the better the result of the faction.

All Government can vote to kill a player using the Red Night Button

Majority Government determines who dies

If their is no Majority the Government won’t kill anyone

So this is a democracy sort of thing, it is a great way of killing outside of tactical mafia. However, there is a problem with how the not killing will occur when you cannot decide. I think that there should always be a kill in this situation, some sort of tie breaker should take place in my opinion.

All Government roles are Unique

I do believe this to be an important implementation, but you should also understand that there is a drawback to it: This means that in the endgame, you can pick out players to not be certain roles. I'll use mafia in this example: Say that a Consort has just died, and the Investigator checks another player and they claim Escort, they are confirmed to the Investigator and to the town they will be partially confirmed, because there cannot be another Consort. I'm just pointing out that it gives town information when some government dies that can help later in the game. However, making sure each role has a unique function in the faction is more important.

Sheriff: Your Target is a Member Of The Government!
Spy: You will know who the Government Visits
Lookout: You Will see an Alive Government player visit the dead target (Decided by the last one who voted for the killed player)

I have a problem with the Spy mechanic. I understand that Spy is ruined without this mechanic, but does Spy deserve to exist with this mechanic? With Spy in play, it will confirm all visited players who are not killed, and this is a major problem as it hardcounters all nonkilling roles. I would consider the removal of Spy as a part of your faction.

Governor
Spoiler: ATK: Basic (Powerful) DEF: Basic (None)
Alignment: Government Control
Abilities: During the night go to someone’s house and check for their role.
Attributes: You can Activate a day Ability during the day (Sun Icon) (2 Times Use)
your vote will Count as 2 when picking who to kill tonight. If your the only Government left you Gain Powerful Attack But Lose your Defence.
Consig/Witch/Governor Results: Your target owns a Government Corporation, they must be the Governor!

So essentially it is a Consigliere, which is a good role in my opinion. Why is the 2 vote day ability a good system? It doesn't do much as far as a stronger outcome to the night, but it does disconnect the democratic system unfairly. As far as powerful attack no defense, this makes it so that you can easily wreck neutral killings, which in my opinion is not a good thing as Neutral Killings going late game should have an equal chance with the mafia who didn't get rid of it mid to late game, and if not even better. The powerful attack ruins that. I believe it should be basic. I do believe that the defense change is a good mechanic as well, to help Neutral Killings and it is also fair to the Vigilante.

I also want to note that investigative results are not very important until the faction is in a pretty good state, I haven't read through everything yet but I doubt you got to the point where investigative results are necessary to improve yet.

Role: Assistant

Government Control
Alignment: During the night you can choose to Assist a Government Member. (Assisting a Government Member makes anyone who visits that Government Member becomes Roleblocked)
Consig/Witch/Governor: Your target assists any who works for the Government, Your target is an Assistant

This is a protective scum, which is not very good almost no matter how you make it. The roles should be focused on deceiving the town or destructing the town, rather than being protective. A protective style is counter-productive for the evils as the town have to come to them for this role to work, which is bad as you are waiting rather than doing. I would suggest a rework on this role that makes it go out on deceive rather than protect.

Role: Administrator
Alignment: Governement Control
Abilities: During the night target someone, that person cannot whisper to anyone or vote innocent
the next day
Attributes: You can Hear Whispers
Consig/Witch/Governor Results: Your Target Administrates With High Power, they must be an Administrator

I do not like roles that rely on messing with voting, speaking, or reading whispers. This is because these are core mechanics and are necessary for scumreading and deception, so when you take away these abilities you take away the ability for this player to fully play the game. Night abilities are an extension when these are the base, so roleblocking is okay but taking away these bases are not. In theory, it is not a bad role, but in effect, it is unbalanced. I suggest you delete this role.

Role: Hacker
Alignment: Governement Execution
Abilities: During the night you will Hack Player
Hack: If the target visits you or themselves they will get killed by a Virus (During the night someone that was killed by a Virus anyone who visited them is also killed by a Virus)

Role: Enforcer
Spoiler: ATK: Basic (Unstoppable During Day) DEF: None
Alignment:Governement Execution
During Judgement Phase you can choose to execute that person on trial right away.
(You can only use this ability Twice)
When you use this ability on someone your Government Vote counts as 0
Consig/Witch/Governor Results: Your target has a angry urge of power, They must be an Enforcer!

Multiple killing methods are in general a bad idea as KPN shouldn't get above 1 kpn in my opinion, as it cannot be very well balanced when there is too much killing since you would have to remove deception to even it out and then it becomes a game of will town die out or get called out first? It's not a good meta, especially in vote for roles. I do not think that the Government (Execution) alignment should exist along with the voting of a kill onto somebody that is independent as well.

Role: Agent
Abilities: Go to someone’s house and watch them, the whole Government will be aware of who visited them at the end of the night (Big Night Message Revealed)
Consig/Witch/Governor Results: Your target keeps an undercover watch for trouble, they must be an Agent

Watcher, this is a good role as it is an exact copy of a mafia role in TG, with the added "the whole Government will be aware of who visited them at the end of the night" part. I have a comment about this at the bottom of the thread.

Role: Researcher
Alignment: Governement Offical
Attributes: Roleblock Immune
Abilities: Go to someone’s Research them.
It will take 2 Nights to Research a Role.
When you finished a Research you will gain your targets ability!

Your Research will fail when Researching these following roles:
Jailor
Veteran
Retributionist
Mayor
Godfather
Mafioso
Plaugebearer
Vampire
Amnesiac
Guardian Angel
Jester
Executioner

Consig/Witch/Governor Results:
Your target wants to find something new, they must be a Researcher

This role seems extremely underpowered and with the delayed start, it will be a death wish to put a scroll of it on. In most situations, your target's ability will be balanced if you started with it, or weak as it doesn't have enough utility. I suggest removing the delay, and not allowing it to be a killing role in any way(accelerated killing is always bad)

Role: Executive
Ability: During the night target a person, if they visit you or someone visits them they will visits themselves instead
Invest Result: ?
Consig/Witch/Governor: Your target is the Master of confusion, They must be the Executive!

So this is a Stalker from TG in the informed minority faction, this is fine in my opinion but it isn't very reliable and requires somebody else to do anything, it doesn't go out and do anything as I stated earlier with one of your roles.

Ranked
Spoiler: Jailor
2 Town Investigative
1 Town Protective
1 Town Killing
1 Town Support
2 Random Town
Governor
3 Random Government
Neutral Killing
Neutral Evil
Neutral Benign or ANY

Town will lose majority day 2 if the town is killed twice and no non-townies are killed, so town will essentially lose every game. This is too evil-sided, and mostly too government-sided.

I want to touch on what makes a faction good. Of course, you could always make a balanced faction, but something that is extremely hard to do is to make a faction unique, and this faction is not unique. I ask you, what makes this any different than the mafia? Think about it like this: If I took all of your non killing roles, and added them into the mafia, would they function pretty much equal to the other mafia roles? Well, if the answer is yes, and I believe it is, then your faction is not unique. Take my Cult for example, it has a 0.5 kpn. To go along with this, the roles all have a lot more utility and deception involved with them. Roles would simply be too overpowered from the Cult if they were added to the mafia. You need to have a determining mechanic that makes this faction unique to the mafia.
ICECLIMBERS wrote:Stop acting like a ringleader bigot, goose.
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Return to Role Idea Archives