More fixed rolelists

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

More fixed rolelists

Postby NettoTakashi » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:30 pm

Something I've seen come up a lot in discussions of the new Ranked and Ranked Practice rolelist is that people don't just use Ranked Practice as practice for Ranked, but also as a rolelist that's more flexible than Classic, more balanced than the Chaos modes, and more consistent than Custom, without being as competitive as the actual Ranked mode.

I think it would be beneficial to have an additional two or three game modes with fixed rolelists that would allow for different styles of play, without having to find a Custom lobby that suits your needs. Perhaps have the old Ranked rolelist in such a mode, and for the Coven expansion, have a three faction rolelist with Town, Mafia, AND Coven. This would also allow for, say, Guardian Angel showing up outside of Custom/All Any, by having an NB/GA slot in one of these "RP alternate" game modes. A fixed rolelist that includes NC and Any could also be worth trying out. I don't feel like I'm explaining myself very well here, but I think having 2-3 additional game modes would be beneficial overall.
NettoTakashi
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: More fixed rolelists

Postby alex1234321 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:34 pm

/support

I am slightly annoyed by how many people are saying that Ranked Practice is not practice for Ranked. It was originally made for newer players to learn the Ranked role and for players to try new strategies out without having to risk losing Elo. However, many people want to play a casual game that is consistent like you are saying, sort of like CL games in FM. There seems to be a lot of demand right now for a mode like that, and Ranked Practice should not be turned into something that it is not.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: More fixed rolelists

Postby CsBlastoise » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:29 pm

/support
Honestly, I'm kind of surprised that this is dead, unless there's another similar thread out there that's larger (if there is, I don't know of it).
I would like to see more fixed role lists mostly just for the sake of having more options. I'm sure many would be glad to have a new mode that isn't kill-filled, unpredictable, or subject to the host's whims.
Maybe what needs to come next in a thread like this is a few suggestions of some specific rolelists.
Favorite role: Consigliere (Ever played a game with two Consigs? It tips the balance severely in favor of the Mafia, but that's what makes it so fun when you're one of them!)
After that, it's Godfather and Mafioso, I guess. I prefer to play as Mafia in general because then I have allies, and the killing roles are the most straightforward.
CsBlastoise
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Suggestions