The Accomplice, NE (1900+ VIEWS!)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Yay or Nay? (Specify reason if can ty :D)

Yay!
1
13%
Or
5
63%
Nay!
2
25%
 
Total votes : 8

The Accomplice, NE (1900+ VIEWS!)

Postby oOYuuArtSuiOo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:46 am

The Accomplice
Spoiler: Role Name: Accomplice (Formerly the Accomplice)

"You are a backstabbing Lookout being spared for life to keep quiet for murders."

Role Alignment: Neutral Evil

Goal: Survive to see the Town lose and witness a death 2 times.

Abilities: Each night choose a player to gossip with.

Special Attributes: Ignore Werewolf Maul,
Pestilence Rampage, Ambusher Ambush, Medusa Stone Gaze or Veteran Alert if you witness a kill done by them or someone trying to kill them.

Attributes:
> You will have 1 auto-vest (basic defense).
> You will learn the killer's identity if the player you gossiped with dies. (Debatable)
> If your target did not die, it will not count.
> Townies who visited your target while your target was killed will make those Townies become roleblocked excluding any Town Protective and the Lookout, Transporter or Escort.
> The following are included for witnesses:
-Executed target.
-Any player who visits a Veteran who alerts and dies.
-Target: Lookout. Bodyguard dies protecting Lookout and meanwhile
the Mafioso dies in the process. This counts as 2 witnesses. However, this does not give you
an astral visit for the current night.
> If your target was nursed, it does not count.
> You will be given an astral visit if your TARGET died. (Debatable)

Additional Information: (by BasicFourLife)
> If you witness a kill done by the chosen NK's, specifically Serial Killer, Werewolf and Arsonist, they will get an astral visit for the next stab, rampage, or douse.
> If you witness a kill done by a Godfather, that Godfather gets an astral visit for the next shot. This does not count if the Mafioso is still in-game and even when the Mafioso is roleblocked.
> If you witness a kill done by a Mafioso, that Mafioso gets a basic defense for the next two nights. This also applies to Ambusher.
> If you witness a kill done by a Coven Leader, they will be given an astral visit for their next attack.
> If you witness a kill done by any Coven members excluding a Coven Leader, they get a basic defense for the next two nights.
> Astral visit means you can't be seen by the Lookout, Tracker, etc.

Notifications:
--> Any Godfather, Serial Killer, Werewolf, Arsonist, Coven Leader and Hex Master affected by the astral visit:
"You felt as if you were invisible last night" (This will only be shown when the night ends)
--> Any of the killing roles applicable of being given a basic defense:
"You were attacked but was saved since a Accomplice was watching over you!" (This will only be shown if the basic defense came from the Accomplice and you were attacked)


Lore: (by rga89)
It was just a regular night in town, the sky had a special dark blue-ish tone that highlighted the full moon.

That day a man was invited to a very special dinner with the Escort, he was deeply in love at first sight with that woman, then after eating, with a glass of wine in her hand, the Escort declared her love to him, he was amazed, he really thought it was nothing but a dream.

Sadly, just like every night, the Escort had a duty, and went to the house in front hers. The man, perplexed at her beautiful eyes, decided to go with her, he waited at the door and not a minute after, he heard a howl followed by a scream. It was hers, she was in danger, he had to save her! He entered the house and saw how an incredibly furry beast murdered his Girlfriend, it was the Werewolf! The legend was real!

Freezing at that scene, he felt so useless. He knew he could have done something, but instead he decided to stand there and watch everything with the Werewolf's blood thirsty gaze at his lover's corpse, it was at that moment he realized he was useless, he only was useful for one single thing.

Being a witness.

Investigative Results:

Investigator: Your target could be a Witness, Survivor, Amnesiac, Witch, Hex Master
Sheriff: Your target is not suspicious.
Consigliere: Your target have seen someone being murdered! They must be a Witness!


Acknowledgement:
    BasicFourLife = For Modifications
    rga89 = For Lore
    Mystoc = For Name


I changed the name from Witness to Accomplice because Witness doesn't seem too evil.

Update Log: (Since June 29, 2018)
> June 29. Bumped topic, added poll.
Last edited by oOYuuArtSuiOo on Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:42 am, edited 35 times in total.
MY OTHER IDEAS!

The Taboo Caster (Coven Evil)
--------------------
Role Alignment Idea: The Equilibrium
--------------------
The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Shilster wrote:Isn't this just a better Janitor? It can totally disable people, and yeah, it nerfs lynching. People who can't vote (especially Town members) are useless to their team.

YuuArtSui explained it pretty well.

Aww, thanks :3

Image
User avatar
oOYuuArtSuiOo
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:17 pm
Location: Dat Booty

Re: The Witness (Neutral Benign)

Postby Mystoc » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:59 am

this is hugely evil sided

since this target has no defense it cant go against evils wishes since they can just kill the witness, so really this is just an evil sided survivor with a harder win condition

also 5 murders is waaaaay to many to witness 3 would be better prolly but it being a survivor essentially makes this role redundant it needs to be hurtful for both sides

i have role like this called the damned that's very similar check out my signature to see the role
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: The Witness (Neutral Benign)

Postby oOYuuArtSuiOo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Mystoc wrote:this is hugely evil sided

since this target has no defense it cant go against evils wishes since they can just kill the witness, so really this is just an evil sided survivor with a harder win condition

also 5 murders is waaaaay to many to witness 3 would be better prolly but it being a survivor essentially makes this role redundant it needs to be hurtful for both sides

i have role like this called the damned that's very similar check out my signature to see the role


The Goal is to witness 5 murders since if there may be a Veteran that vetbaits and kills around 3 or 2 which would (If it was 3 witnesses) make it more harder for the witness. Not to mention the WW as you can visit who the WW visits and not die but witness prolly around 2 or more kills from the WW.

Oh, and this could be evil-sided conditionally when you do know who the killer is, so when the evils try to kill you, you can just blackmail them and say that if you
try to kill me, I have your role and name in my will so you shouldn't try to kill me. Same goes for Town, since you have a chance to know who the Jailor is just
by witnessing who he executed so if they try to lynch you, you can just say that try to lynch me, and your Jailor is next.
MY OTHER IDEAS!

The Taboo Caster (Coven Evil)
--------------------
Role Alignment Idea: The Equilibrium
--------------------
The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Shilster wrote:Isn't this just a better Janitor? It can totally disable people, and yeah, it nerfs lynching. People who can't vote (especially Town members) are useless to their team.

YuuArtSui explained it pretty well.

Aww, thanks :3

Image
User avatar
oOYuuArtSuiOo
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:17 pm
Location: Dat Booty

Re: The Witness (Neutral Benign)

Postby Mystoc » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:48 pm

exactly its evil sided evil know they cant kill it cause it will have them in its will and it doesn't want to be killed it's the perfect symbiotic relationship evils give the kills to witness and you keep their secret since they gave you point towards your win condition

town on the other hand has no reason to trust this role this role will never betray evils because that will mean its death this gives nothing to town

towns best course of action is just hang the role right away since it won't help them because evils will kill it for helping

this is evil sided its a survivor with harder win condition my case stands
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: The Witness (Neutral Benign)

Postby oOYuuArtSuiOo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 pm

Mystoc wrote:exactly its evil sided evil know they cant kill it cause it will have them in its will and it doesn't want to be killed it's the perfect symbiotic relationship evils give the kills to witness and you keep their secret since they gave you point towards your win condition

town on the other hand has no reason to trust this role this role will never betray evils because that will mean its death this gives nothing to town

towns best course of action is just hang the role right away since it won't help them because evils will kill it for helping

this is evil sided its a survivor with harder win condition my case stands



I see.. I will find time to do some rework and probably (PROBABLY) repost it.

Thanks for your feedback!
MY OTHER IDEAS!

The Taboo Caster (Coven Evil)
--------------------
Role Alignment Idea: The Equilibrium
--------------------
The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Shilster wrote:Isn't this just a better Janitor? It can totally disable people, and yeah, it nerfs lynching. People who can't vote (especially Town members) are useless to their team.

YuuArtSui explained it pretty well.

Aww, thanks :3

Image
User avatar
oOYuuArtSuiOo
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:17 pm
Location: Dat Booty

Re: The Witness (Neutral Benign)

Postby Mystoc » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:22 pm

yea no problem there needs to be a reason both sides care you are witnessing kills and want you around or they both want you dead it can inclined to side with side over the other if its NB

my damned role NC and is hostile to both factions so the both want it to lose check it in my signature if you get the chance
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: The Witness (Neutral Benign)

Postby rga89 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:42 pm

Le' lorè oh la la;

Spoiler: It was just a regular night in town, sky had a special dark blue-ish tone that highlighted the full moon.

That day he was invited to a very special dinner with the Escort, he was deeply in love with that woman, after eating, with a glass of wine in hand, the Escort declared her love to him, he was amazed, he really thought it was nothing but a dream.

Sadly, just like every night, Escort had a duty, and went to the house in front hers. The man, perplexed at her beatifulness, decided to go with her, he waited at the door and not a minute after, he heard a howl followed by a scream. It was her, she was in danger, he had to save her! He entered the house and saw how an incredibly furry beast murdered his Girlfriend, it was the Werewolf! The legend was real!

After freezing at that scene, he felt so useless. He knew he could've do anything, be instead he decided to stand there and watch everything as nothing happened, it was at that moment he realized he was useless, he only was useful for one single thing.

Being a witness.
rga89
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:16 pm
Location: Spain

Re: The Witness (Neutral Benign)

Postby Shilster » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:14 pm

Why the necro?
-




It matters not who you are, Death awaits you.

-
User avatar
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3634
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:59 pm
Location: (GMT+7)

Re: The Witness (Neutral Benign)

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:57 am

1) Reduce the Witness count to 4.

2) Also what the fuck does the ability do gossip do?

3) Wait do you know who is the killer immediately when the game starts? People will just reveal the killers, and gamethrow, if they die, because why not.
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: The Witness (Neutral Benign)

Postby oOYuuArtSuiOo » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:40 pm

BasicFourLife wrote:1) Reduce the Witness count to 4.
Ok
2) Also what the fuck does the ability do gossip do?
Actually, it just means that choose a player to watch over/hang out with them.
Thie role is kind of like Lookout but with different goal and attributes.

3) Wait do you know who is the killer immediately when the game starts? People will just reveal the killers, and gamethrow, if they die, because why not.
No. You will only know who killed your target if your target was killed.


Responses in this Color
Thanks for your feedback!
MY OTHER IDEAS!

The Taboo Caster (Coven Evil)
--------------------
Role Alignment Idea: The Equilibrium
--------------------
The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Shilster wrote:Isn't this just a better Janitor? It can totally disable people, and yeah, it nerfs lynching. People who can't vote (especially Town members) are useless to their team.

YuuArtSui explained it pretty well.

Aww, thanks :3

Image
User avatar
oOYuuArtSuiOo
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:17 pm
Location: Dat Booty

Re: The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:32 pm

Why is this role neutral evil if it can win with town? Also, witnessing 4 kills is impossible. How many times have you seen people predicting 4 kills in a game?
Sorry if I have spelling mistakes. English is not my main language.
I added a petition to my achievement rework!
Plese come and vote to support it!

If you have any suggestions related to achievements, please post them on my thread so we can suggest them together!
Also, support this suggestion: Total elo rework, by Flake
User avatar
Joacgroso
Arsonist
Arsonist
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Postby oOYuuArtSuiOo » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:47 pm

Joacgroso wrote:Why is this role neutral evil if it can win with town? Also, witnessing 4 kills is impossible. How many times have you seen people predicting 4 kills in a game?


So...... What are you suggesting to change the goal to instead?
MY OTHER IDEAS!

The Taboo Caster (Coven Evil)
--------------------
Role Alignment Idea: The Equilibrium
--------------------
The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Shilster wrote:Isn't this just a better Janitor? It can totally disable people, and yeah, it nerfs lynching. People who can't vote (especially Town members) are useless to their team.

YuuArtSui explained it pretty well.

Aww, thanks :3

Image
User avatar
oOYuuArtSuiOo
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:17 pm
Location: Dat Booty

Re: The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:50 pm

oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:Why is this role neutral evil if it can win with town? Also, witnessing 4 kills is impossible. How many times have you seen people predicting 4 kills in a game?


So...... What are you suggesting to change the goal to instead?

Or maybe change it's alignement to neutral benign. The main problem is that this role wouldn't affect the game at all. It would be like a survivor. His ability is to passive to mess with town, but it wouldn't work as NB because it would be too hard. Guessing 4 kills is impossible, especially if you have no defense at night.
Sorry if I have spelling mistakes. English is not my main language.
I added a petition to my achievement rework!
Plese come and vote to support it!

If you have any suggestions related to achievements, please post them on my thread so we can suggest them together!
Also, support this suggestion: Total elo rework, by Flake
User avatar
Joacgroso
Arsonist
Arsonist
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Postby BasicFourLife » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:54 am

Okay I some new feedback and ideas for this role (please mention me if you decide to add these).

Oh I actually understand what you mean is that this role has astral visits if he witnesses a kill, okay keep it, but please reword it in Special Attribues: Astral visits when witnessing a kill. It is confusing to me.

Also give this role 1 auto vest against the first attack, like the Witch has.

All Neutral Evils should have abilities how to help the evils and I have some ideas how it would buff all killing roles.
1) If you witness a kill done by these NKs (SK, WW, Arso), they will get astral visits for the next 2 (stabs, rampages, or douses).
2) If you witness a kill done by a GF, he gets astral visits for the next 2 shots.
3) If you witness a kill done by a Mafioso, he gets basic defense for 2 nights (excluding the night you witnessed him killing someone) and astral visits for the next 2 shots.
4) If you witness a kill done by a Ambusher, he gets basic defense for 2 nights (excluding the night you witnessed him killing someone), and he gets astral visits for the next 2 ambushes.
5) If you witness a kill done by any Coven role except the Hex Master (CL, Medusa, Necro, PM, Poisoner), they get astral visits for 2 next attacks, and a basic defense if they not have one already for 2 nights (excluding the night you witnessed them killing someone).
6) If you witness a kill done by a Hex Master, he gets basic defense for 2 nights (excluding the night you witnessed him killing someone), and gets Powerful attacks for 2 hexes.

These abilities will be reset meaning if someone has used their ability once, and you witness them killing again, it will reset to 2 again, no more.

All Town Rolesroles, Plaguebearer, and the Juggernaut are unaffected by this.

Astral visits = you won't be killed Veteran's, and Medusa's alert / stone ; you won't be noticed by Lookout, and Tracker; you ignore protected targets by Bodyguard, Crusader, and Trapper by still killing their target making them useless (Doctor is unaffected by this); you won't die to Werewolf's, Plaguebearer's, and Juggernaut's rampage (unless you are targeted); you won't die to Ambusher ambushes; and you won't be infected by visiting Plaguebearer's infected targets.

Also I have a friend who creates amazing lores to roles, and I'll suggest him for writing this role a lore.

This took me nearly an hour to write, lol.
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Postby oOYuuArtSuiOo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:01 am

Joacgroso wrote:
oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:Why is this role neutral evil if it can win with town?
Still working in the win conditions and goal. I don't really have to since I'm thinking it should just be NE.
Also, witnessing 4 kills is impossible.
Not so. Refer to the attributes.
How many times have you seen people predicting 4 kills in a game?
Well, as mostly a Doc main, it's a 80% chance for late game, 50% for mid game and 40% for early game to be able to predict who to kill.. Mostly, it depends on the player. This role shows them that they have to guess right or they delay their goal by one more night.


So...... What are you suggesting to change the goal to instead?

Or maybe change it's alignement to neutral benign.
See here, the Witness is hugely evil-sided since it can know who the killer is and the killer will just help the witness get more witnesses just so they wont be revealed.
But maybe I can balance the attributes a bit more
.
The main problem is that this role wouldn't affect the game at all.
Hmm.... I wonder why it's able to know who the killer is and is undetected by the Lookout, avoid Veteran aletts and WW mauls... (This is totally not here). Ok.
It would be like a survivor.
Well, it can't defend itself seeing as the fact it can know who the killer is. Being granted 3 vests and being able to know who the killer is....... No.
And, Survivor can't know who is the killer unless they reveal themselves
.
His ability is to passive to mess with town,
Any role that is a killing role specifically.
but it wouldn't work as NB because it would be too hard. Guessing 4 kills is impossible, especially if you have no defense at night.
Well, you can technically get 2 witnesses in 1 night by visiting a Lookout protected by a Bodyguard and attacked by a Mafioso. That results to 2 deaths and since you were watching Lookout, you get 2 witnesses. Also goes for Vet and WW. Not to mention you can know who the Jailor is if they execute the target you were watching.
BTW, I changed the alignment to Evil
.


Responses to this Color.
Thanks for your feedback!
This is a very old post of mine.

------

[quote="BasicFourLife"]Okay I some new feedback and ideas for this role (please mention me if you decide to add these).

Oh I actually understand what you mean is that this role has astral visits if he witnesses a kill, okay keep it, but please reword it in Special Attribues: Astral visits when witnessing a kill. It is confusing to me.

Also give this role 1 auto vest against the first attack, like the Witch has.

All Neutral Evils should have abilities how to help the evils and I have some ideas how it would buff all killing roles.
1) If you witness a kill done by these NKs (SK, WW, Arso), they will get astral visits for the next 2 (stabs, rampages, or douses).
2) If you witness a kill done by a GF, he gets astral visits for the next 2 shots.
3) If you witness a kill done by a Mafioso, he gets basic defense for 2 nights (excluding the night you witnessed him killing someone) and astral visits for the next 2 shots.
4) If you witness a kill done by a Ambusher, he gets basic defense for 2 nights (excluding the night you witnessed him killing someone), and he gets astral visits for the next 2 ambushes.
5) If you witness a kill done by any Coven role except the Hex Master (CL, Medusa, Necro, PM, Poisoner), they get astral visits for 2 next attacks, and a basic defense if they not have one already for 2 nights (excluding the night you witnessed them killing someone).
6) If you witness a kill done by a Hex Master, he gets basic defense for 2 nights (excluding the night you witnessed him killing someone), and gets Powerful attacks for 2 hexes.
I'm thinking that the astral visits should be decreased by one because if they reveal themselves to you, Mafia can't be seen by Lookout or any other role-related roles for maybe even the entire game.


These abilities will be reset meaning if someone has used their ability once, and you witness them killing again, it will reset to 2 again, no more.

All Town Rolesroles, Plaguebearer, and the Juggernaut are unaffected by this.

Astral visits = you won't be killed Veteran's, and Medusa's alert / stone ; you won't be noticed by Lookout, and Tracker; you ignore protected targets by Bodyguard, Crusader, and Trapper by still killing their target making them useless (Doctor is unaffected by this); you won't die to Werewolf's, Plaguebearer's, and Juggernaut's rampage (unless you are targeted); you won't die to Ambusher ambushes; and you won't be infected by visiting Plaguebearer's infected targets.

Also I have a friend who creates amazing lores to roles, and I'll suggest him for writing this role a lore.
Is it rga89? Because he's done a lore for this. But still, I'd be willing to read a lore for the Witness. Thanks!

This took me nearly an hour to write, lol.
Well, I appreciate your time and effort for supporting this role! :)

Also, I've added these feedbacks to the role! Thank you so much.
I actually need a request for you. I'll PM it. Thanks!
Last edited by Flake on Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Multi-posts
MY OTHER IDEAS!

The Taboo Caster (Coven Evil)
--------------------
Role Alignment Idea: The Equilibrium
--------------------
The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Shilster wrote:Isn't this just a better Janitor? It can totally disable people, and yeah, it nerfs lynching. People who can't vote (especially Town members) are useless to their team.

YuuArtSui explained it pretty well.

Aww, thanks :3

Image
User avatar
oOYuuArtSuiOo
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:17 pm
Location: Dat Booty

Re: The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Postby BasicFourLife » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:05 am

Oh I feel it is kind of unfair that the Hex Master is the only role in Coven, who gets basic defense for 1 night.
Also basic defense for just 1 night feels unrewarding to me, because it only buffs your target if they get attacked the NEXT NIGHT.
Maybe all Coven Roles except the CL should get a Basic Defense for 2 nights, including the Mafioso and the Ambusher.
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Postby oOYuuArtSuiOo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:25 am

BasicFourLife wrote:Oh I feel it is kind of unfair that the Hex Master is the only role in Coven, who gets basic defense for 1 night.
Also basic defense for just 1 night feels unrewarding to me, because it only buffs your target if they get attacked the NEXT NIGHT.
Maybe all Coven Roles except the CL should get a Basic Defense for 2 nights, including the Mafioso and the Ambusher.


Ahh I see. I have changed it already.
Also, check your Inbox.

Thanks!
MY OTHER IDEAS!

The Taboo Caster (Coven Evil)
--------------------
Role Alignment Idea: The Equilibrium
--------------------
The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Shilster wrote:Isn't this just a better Janitor? It can totally disable people, and yeah, it nerfs lynching. People who can't vote (especially Town members) are useless to their team.

YuuArtSui explained it pretty well.

Aww, thanks :3

Image
User avatar
oOYuuArtSuiOo
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:17 pm
Location: Dat Booty

Re: The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Postby BasicFourLife » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:13 am

Hex Master already gets Astral visits with the necro, that is why I had it different from the others and I did check my mailbox.
Please check again what you sent me because u just quoted what I sent you and wrote nothing.
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:20 am

oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:
oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:Why is this role neutral evil if it can win with town?
Still working in the win conditions and goal. I don't really have to since I'm thinking it should just be NE.
Also, witnessing 4 kills is impossible.
Not so. Refer to the attributes.
How many times have you seen people predicting 4 kills in a game?
Well, as mostly a Doc main, it's a 80% chance for late game, 50% for mid game and 40% for early game to be able to predict who to kill.. Mostly, it depends on the player. This role shows them that they have to guess right or they delay their goal by one more night.


So...... What are you suggesting to change the goal to instead?

Or maybe change it's alignement to neutral benign.
See here, the Witness is hugely evil-sided since it can know who the killer is and the killer will just help the witness get more witnesses just so they wont be revealed.
But maybe I can balance the attributes a bit more
. He can also tell the town who the killers are so they don't kill him and he can witness vigilante/jailor kills, while evils would have to waste a night in order to get rid of him.
The main problem is that this role wouldn't affect the game at all.
Hmm.... I wonder why it's able to know who the killer is and is undetected by the Lookout, avoid Veteran aletts and WW mauls... (This is totally not here). Ok. That doesn't affect the game at all. What's the point of knowing who the killer is if you want to side with him? The only thing he would do is whisper to the killer to witness more kills, so if one of them dies then the other will be lynched. And if he tries to whisper to a NK and there is a bmer ingame, then the NK auto loses. And having astral visits doesn't make witnesses affect the game at all, unless they decide to reveal the killers and side with town.
It would be like a survivor.
Well, it can't defend itself seeing as the fact it can know who the killer is. Being granted 3 vests and being able to know who the killer is....... No.
And, Survivor can't know who is the killer unless they reveal themselves
. Since witness's goal is to witness 4 kills, that means that he auto losses if he dies in nights 1, 2, or 3. And with survivor I meant kingmaker who doesn't affect the game at all. Witnesses should have a scum autovest, just like witches. Maybe they should be able to watch themselves once if they still have the autovest.
His ability is to passive to mess with town,
Any role that is a killing role specifically.
but it wouldn't work as NB because it would be too hard. Guessing 4 kills is impossible, especially if you have no defense at night.
Well, you can technically get 2 witnesses in 1 night by visiting a Lookout protected by a Bodyguard and attacked by a Mafioso. Unlikely af. That results to 2 deaths and since you were watching Lookout, you get 2 witnesses. Also goes for Vet and WW. You said that if he visits someone who dies to vet, it will count as a witness, so if they visit the vet they won't witness anything. Not to mention you can know who the Jailor is if they execute the target you were watching. I thought all visits failed on jailed targets.
But if he finds the jailor, he can just tell him who to execute and get other 2 witnesses.

BTW, I changed the alignment to Evil.


Responses to this Color.
Thanks for your feedback!
This is a very old post of mine.
Sorry if I have spelling mistakes. English is not my main language.
I added a petition to my achievement rework!
Plese come and vote to support it!

If you have any suggestions related to achievements, please post them on my thread so we can suggest them together!
Also, support this suggestion: Total elo rework, by Flake
User avatar
Joacgroso
Arsonist
Arsonist
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mystoc » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:05 pm

this is actually very good but it needs some changes at first i was like wait this NB its evil sided then i saw you changed it to NE

the buffs themselves may be OP but that can be balanced

this part i disagree with

> You will learn the killer's identity if the player you gossiped with dies.
> You cannot talk once you've witnessed 2 murders.


why?

first part makes the goal to ez just whisper the killer you are the witness and to tell you who they will kill next no risk with spy reworked, since they got a buff from you last night they know the witness was the there so its not you faking LO so they have no reason to distrust you at all to ez to win

remove the last part


why cant you talk? after you see two deaths if its NE town can just do a speak test if you cant you speak you get hanged


lastly town should get a debuff for visiting a person who was murdered while you were there since its an evil role now

maybe they cant do an action the next the night (like roleblocked?)
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Postby oOYuuArtSuiOo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:19 pm

BasicFourLife wrote:Hex Master already gets Astral visits with the necro, that is why I had it different from the others and I did check my mailbox.
Please check again what you sent me because u just quoted what I sent you and wrote nothing.


Ahh.. Then I'll change it.
And I did quote what you sent.
That was an error .-.

--------

Joacgroso wrote:
oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:
oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:Why is this role neutral evil if it can win with town?
Still working in the win conditions and goal. I don't really have to since I'm thinking it should just be NE.
Also, witnessing 4 kills is impossible.
Not so. Refer to the attributes.
How many times have you seen people predicting 4 kills in a game?
Well, as mostly a Doc main, it's a 80% chance for late game, 50% for mid game and 40% for early game to be able to predict who to kill.. Mostly, it depends on the player. This role shows them that they have to guess right or they delay their goal by one more night.


So...... What are you suggesting to change the goal to instead?

Or maybe change it's alignement to neutral benign.
See here, the Witness is hugely evil-sided since it can know who the killer is and the killer will just help the witness get more witnesses just so they wont be revealed.
But maybe I can balance the attributes a bit more
. He can also tell the town who the killers are so they don't kill him and he can witness vigilante/jailor kills, while evils would have to waste a night in order to get rid of him. Well, Town would just kill the Witness also since they can still have a chance to side with evils seeing the fact as they can give a buff. How many times have you seen Witch siding with Town then just getting hanged right after? Not to mention the evils wouldn't like that the Witness is siding with Town so they'd want to kill the Witness. Making you lose instantly.
The main problem is that this role wouldn't affect the game at all.
Hmm.... I wonder why it's able to know who the killer is and is undetected by the Lookout, avoid Veteran aletts and WW mauls... (This is totally not here). Ok. That doesn't affect the game at all. What's the point of knowing who the killer is if you want to side with him? The only thing he would do is whisper to the killer to witness more kills, so if one of them dies then the other will be lynched. And if he tries to whisper to a NK and there is a bmer ingame, then the NK auto loses. And having astral visits doesn't make witnesses affect the game at all, unless they decide to reveal the killers and side with town.
Well, that's why the Witness dosn't get any defense. That's in-order to do so that the Witness should be able to find the killer more quicker. Not to mention there might be a Doc or BG protecting you. The Witness has no defense because their point is to give defense and if they think the killer will kill them, they would just side with Town, Vig and Jailor can still help on your goal. And the point of whispering to someone is very risky. The only thing that can make a Witness side with the killer is if they spam-vote the killer or if they whisper a very "strange" whisper seeing if there is a bmer in game. And getting the fact that every day, the killer would say who he would kill next just so that they would get a buff. That would make the Witness even more sus aswell as who they were whispering with.

It would be like a survivor.
Well, it can't defend itself seeing as the fact it can know who the killer is. Being granted 3 vests and being able to know who the killer is....... No.
And, Survivor can't know who is the killer unless they reveal themselves
. Since witness's goal is to witness 4 kills, that means that he auto losses if he dies in nights 1, 2, or 3. And with survivor I meant kingmaker who doesn't affect the game at all. Witnesses should have a scum autovest, just like witches. Maybe they should be able to watch themselves once if they still have the autovest.
The Witness can die in nights 1, 2 or 3. But by then, they would have already found the killer and the chances being killed in a 15-player game is in night 1,2 or 3, especially with a Townie confirming others would make you an unlikely target. But I do agree with the scum autovest tho. Ill consider that.

His ability is to passive to mess with town,
Any role that is a killing role specifically.
but it wouldn't work as NB because it would be too hard. Guessing 4 kills is impossible, especially if you have no defense at night.
Well, you can technically get 2 witnesses in 1 night by visiting a Lookout protected by a Bodyguard and attacked by a Mafioso. Unlikely af. Very likely in late game.

That results to 2 deaths and since you were watching Lookout, you get 2 witnesses. Also goes for Vet and WW. You said that if he visits someone who dies to vet, it will count as a witness, so if they visit the vet they won't witness anything. If the Vet was vet-baiting, they would be able to witness something.Not to mention you can know who the Jailor is if they execute the target you were watching. I thought all visits failed on jailed targets.
But if he finds the jailor, he can just tell him who to execute and get other 2 witnesses.
The visits will fail on a JAILED target. But if it's an EXECUTE, it's successful. And telling the Jailor who to execute can make the NK kill you instead or even the Jailor will execute you since your still Evil. Please read the attributes again.
BTW, I changed the alignment to Evil.


Responses to this Color.
Thanks for your feedback!
This is a very old post of mine.
Last edited by Flake on Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Multi-posts
MY OTHER IDEAS!

The Taboo Caster (Coven Evil)
--------------------
Role Alignment Idea: The Equilibrium
--------------------
The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Shilster wrote:Isn't this just a better Janitor? It can totally disable people, and yeah, it nerfs lynching. People who can't vote (especially Town members) are useless to their team.

YuuArtSui explained it pretty well.

Aww, thanks :3

Image
User avatar
oOYuuArtSuiOo
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:17 pm
Location: Dat Booty

Re: The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:30 pm

oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:
oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:
oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:Why is this role neutral evil if it can win with town?
Still working in the win conditions and goal. I don't really have to since I'm thinking it should just be NE.
Also, witnessing 4 kills is impossible.
Not so. Refer to the attributes.
How many times have you seen people predicting 4 kills in a game?
Well, as mostly a Doc main, it's a 80% chance for late game, 50% for mid game and 40% for early game to be able to predict who to kill.. Mostly, it depends on the player. This role shows them that they have to guess right or they delay their goal by one more night.


So...... What are you suggesting to change the goal to instead?

Or maybe change it's alignement to neutral benign.
See here, the Witness is hugely evil-sided since it can know who the killer is and the killer will just help the witness get more witnesses just so they wont be revealed.
But maybe I can balance the attributes a bit more
. He can also tell the town who the killers are so they don't kill him and he can witness vigilante/jailor kills, while evils would have to waste a night in order to get rid of him. Well, Town would just kill the Witness also since they can still have a chance to side with evils seeing the fact as they can give a buff. How many times have you seen Witch siding with Town then just getting hanged right after? Not to mention the evils wouldn't like that the Witness is siding with Town so they'd want to kill the Witness. Making you lose instantly. Lynching the witness would be pointless because he wouldn't be able to side with evils once he reveals. Everyone who whispered to him would be sus af. And there is a huge difference between witches and witnesses: Witches can't win with town. Witnesses can. Also, mafia don't have to kill witnesses because they are not town, so they wouldn't waste a kill on a neutral.
The main problem is that this role wouldn't affect the game at all.
Hmm.... I wonder why it's able to know who the killer is and is undetected by the Lookout, avoid Veteran aletts and WW mauls... (This is totally not here). Ok. That doesn't affect the game at all. What's the point of knowing who the killer is if you want to side with him? The only thing he would do is whisper to the killer to witness more kills, so if one of them dies then the other will be lynched. And if he tries to whisper to a NK and there is a bmer ingame, then the NK auto loses. And having astral visits doesn't make witnesses affect the game at all, unless they decide to reveal the killers and side with town.
Well, that's why the Witness dosn't get any defense. That's in-order to do so that the Witness should be able to find the killer more quicker.Sorry, I don't understand. What has being able to be killed and lose n1 to do with finding killers quickier? Not to mention there might be a Doc or BG protecting you. That depends of your fakeclaim. They would usually protect the jailor or any person who claimed a TPower role. Also, being protected n1 is a matter of luck. The Witness has no defense because their point is to give defense and if they think the killer will kill them, they would just side with Town, Vig and Jailor can still help on your goal. You just said they were evil sided and town would lynch them if they claim. And siding with town won't prevent them for dying either. And the point of whispering to someone is very risky.How are they supposed to guess 4 kills without whispering with the killer? The only thing that can make a Witness side with the killer is if they spam-vote the killer or if they whisper a very "strange" whisper seeing if there is a bmer in game. And getting the fact that every day, the killer would say who he would kill next just so that they would get a buff. That would make the Witness even more sus aswell as who they were whispering with. That's why I said they don't affect the game at all. They know who the killer is, but can't do anything about him except outing him in his last will if they die.

It would be like a survivor.
Well, it can't defend itself seeing as the fact it can know who the killer is. Being granted 3 vests and being able to know who the killer is....... No.
And, Survivor can't know who is the killer unless they reveal themselves
. Since witness's goal is to witness 4 kills, that means that he auto losses if he dies in nights 1, 2, or 3. And with survivor I meant kingmaker who doesn't affect the game at all. Witnesses should have a scum autovest, just like witches. Maybe they should be able to watch themselves once if they still have the autovest.
The Witness can die in nights 1, 2 or 3. But by then, they would have already found the killer and the chances being killed in a 15-player game is in night 1,2 or 3, especially with a Townie confirming others would make you an unlikely target. But I do agree with the scum autovest tho. Ill consider that. Kills in night 1, and sometimes 2, are a matter of luck.
And how many times have you seen people correctly guessing a kill in the first 3 nights? This don't usually happens, especially if mafia isn't stupid and goes for obvious targets.


His ability is to passive to mess with town,
Any role that is a killing role specifically.
but it wouldn't work as NB because it would be too hard. Guessing 4 kills is impossible, especially if you have no defense at night.
Well, you can technically get 2 witnesses in 1 night by visiting a Lookout protected by a Bodyguard and attacked by a Mafioso. Unlikely af. Very likely in late game. Only if mafia is dumb enough to go for an obviously protected person. At that point the bg should have claimed if he was rt. And if he wasn't, attacking an obvious target would be suicidal. Also, surviving until lategame as evil, isn't that easy.

That results to 2 deaths and since you were watching Lookout, you get 2 witnesses. Also goes for Vet and WW. You said that if he visits someone who dies to vet, it will count as a witness, so if they visit the vet they won't witness anything. If the Vet was vet-baiting, they would be able to witness something.Not to mention you can know who the Jailor is if they execute the target you were watching. I thought all visits failed on jailed targets.
But if he finds the jailor, he can just tell him who to execute and get other 2 witnesses.
The visits will fail on a JAILED target. But if it's an EXECUTE, it's successful. I didn't know that. So if a janitor cleans an executed person, he will be cleaned? And telling the Jailor who to execute can make the NK kill you instead Not if you whisper to the jailor or even the Jailor will execute you since your still Evil If they prefer wasting a kill on a Ne instead of killing a killer, then it's their problem.. Please read the attributes again. I can only see "Each night choose a player to gossip with".
BTW, I changed the alignment to Evil.


Responses to this Color.
Thanks for your feedback!
This is a very old post of mine.

The main problem with this role is that is NE but can win with town. NEs are supposed to be unable to harm town (jesters should be NB and exes are a bad NE, although I love playing as them). In my opinion, a better goal for witnesses would be "Survive to see the town lose the game", so they can't side with town.
Sorry if I have spelling mistakes. English is not my main language.
I added a petition to my achievement rework!
Plese come and vote to support it!

If you have any suggestions related to achievements, please post them on my thread so we can suggest them together!
Also, support this suggestion: Total elo rework, by Flake
User avatar
Joacgroso
Arsonist
Arsonist
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Postby oOYuuArtSuiOo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:10 pm

Joacgroso wrote:
oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:
oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:
oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:Why is this role neutral evil if it can win with town?
Still working in the win conditions and goal. I don't really have to since I'm thinking it should just be NE.
Also, witnessing 4 kills is impossible.
Not so. Refer to the attributes.
How many times have you seen people predicting 4 kills in a game?
Well, as mostly a Doc main, it's a 80% chance for late game, 50% for mid game and 40% for early game to be able to predict who to kill.. Mostly, it depends on the player. This role shows them that they have to guess right or they delay their goal by one more night.


So...... What are you suggesting to change the goal to instead?

Or maybe change it's alignement to neutral benign.
See here, the Witness is hugely evil-sided since it can know who the killer is and the killer will just help the witness get more witnesses just so they wont be revealed.
But maybe I can balance the attributes a bit more
. He can also tell the town who the killers are so they don't kill him and he can witness vigilante/jailor kills, while evils would have to waste a night in order to get rid of him. Well, Town would just kill the Witness also since they can still have a chance to side with evils seeing the fact as they can give a buff. How many times have you seen Witch siding with Town then just getting hanged right after? Not to mention the evils wouldn't like that the Witness is siding with Town so they'd want to kill the Witness. Making you lose instantly. Lynching the witness would be pointless because he wouldn't be able to side with evils once he reveals. Everyone who whispered to him would be sus af. And there is a huge difference between witches and witnesses: Witches can't win with town. Witnesses can. Also, mafia don't have to kill witnesses because they are not town, so they wouldn't waste a kill on a neutral.
The main problem is that this role wouldn't affect the game at all.
Hmm.... I wonder why it's able to know who the killer is and is undetected by the Lookout, avoid Veteran aletts and WW mauls... (This is totally not here). Ok. That doesn't affect the game at all. What's the point of knowing who the killer is if you want to side with him? The only thing he would do is whisper to the killer to witness more kills, so if one of them dies then the other will be lynched. And if he tries to whisper to a NK and there is a bmer ingame, then the NK auto loses. And having astral visits doesn't make witnesses affect the game at all, unless they decide to reveal the killers and side with town.
Well, that's why the Witness dosn't get any defense. That's in-order to do so that the Witness should be able to find the killer more quicker.Sorry, I don't understand. What has being able to be killed and lose n1 to do with finding killers quickier? Not to mention there might be a Doc or BG protecting you. That depends of your fakeclaim. They would usually protect the jailor or any person who claimed a TPower role. Also, being protected n1 is a matter of luck. The Witness has no defense because their point is to give defense and if they think the killer will kill them, they would just side with Town, Vig and Jailor can still help on your goal. You just said they were evil sided and town would lynch them if they claim. And siding with town won't prevent them for dying either. And the point of whispering to someone is very risky.How are they supposed to guess 4 kills without whispering with the killer? The only thing that can make a Witness side with the killer is if they spam-vote the killer or if they whisper a very "strange" whisper seeing if there is a bmer in game. And getting the fact that every day, the killer would say who he would kill next just so that they would get a buff. That would make the Witness even more sus aswell as who they were whispering with. That's why I said they don't affect the game at all. They know who the killer is, but can't do anything about him except outing him in his last will if they die. WHAT CAN YOU SUGGEST THEN? --ahem-- Other than that, is there any way you can suggest to change it?

It would be like a survivor.
Well, it can't defend itself seeing as the fact it can know who the killer is. Being granted 3 vests and being able to know who the killer is....... No.
And, Survivor can't know who is the killer unless they reveal themselves
. Since witness's goal is to witness 4 kills, that means that he auto losses if he dies in nights 1, 2, or 3. And with survivor I meant kingmaker who doesn't affect the game at all. Witnesses should have a scum autovest, just like witches. Maybe they should be able to watch themselves once if they still have the autovest.
The Witness can die in nights 1, 2 or 3. But by then, they would have already found the killer and the chances being killed in a 15-player game is in night 1,2 or 3, especially with a Townie confirming others would make you an unlikely target. But I do agree with the scum autovest tho. Ill consider that. Kills in night 1, and sometimes 2, are a matter of luck.
And how many times have you seen people correctly guessing a kill in the first 3 nights? This don't usually happens, especially if mafia isn't stupid and goes for obvious targets.
That goes on the luck of the player, then.

His ability is to passive to mess with town,
Any role that is a killing role specifically.
but it wouldn't work as NB because it would be too hard. Guessing 4 kills is impossible, especially if you have no defense at night.
Well, you can technically get 2 witnesses in 1 night by visiting a Lookout protected by a Bodyguard and attacked by a Mafioso. Unlikely af. Very likely in late game. Only if mafia is dumb enough to go for an obviously protected person. At that point the bg should have claimed if he was rt. And if he wasn't, attacking an obvious target would be suicidal. Also, surviving until lategame as evil, isn't that easy. Well, with the buff for the killing roles, it would be easy since the evil-killing roles can teak up and use theWitness as a buff. But, nonetheless, what can you suggest? Other than this useless argument.

That results to 2 deaths and since you were watching Lookout, you get 2 witnesses. Also goes for Vet and WW. You said that if he visits someone who dies to vet, it will count as a witness, so if they visit the vet they won't witness anything. If the Vet was vet-baiting, they would be able to witness something.Not to mention you can know who the Jailor is if they execute the target you were watching. I thought all visits failed on jailed targets.
But if he finds the jailor, he can just tell him who to execute and get other 2 witnesses.
The visits will fail on a JAILED target. But if it's an EXECUTE, it's successful. I didn't know that. So if a janitor cleans an executed person, he will be cleaned? I'm trying to implement a role that can affect a jailed person. Mafia and Evils aren't the same from their abilities. I'm also going for that because, lore-wise, the Witness can see the one who is jailed if they try to visit that person and, common sense, the Witness can see the jailed to be executed. And telling the Jailor who to execute can make the NK kill you instead Not if you whisper to the jailor or even the Jailor will execute you since your still Evil If they prefer wasting a kill on a Ne instead of killing a killer, then it's their problem.. Please read the attributes again. I can only see "Each night choose a player to gossip with". Read again.
BTW, I changed the alignment to Evil.


Responses to this Color.
Thanks for your feedback!
This is a very old post of mine.

The main problem with this role is that is NE but can win with town. NEs are supposed to be unable to harm town (jesters should be NB and exes are a bad NE, although I love playing as them). In my opinion, a better goal for witnesses would be "Survive to see the town lose the game", so they can't side with town.
Guess I'll just create a poll for that then.


This is becoming a really fruitless argument. I am getting irritated. Atleast give some suggestions on how to change something other than backfiring it. Thank you.
MY OTHER IDEAS!

The Taboo Caster (Coven Evil)
--------------------
Role Alignment Idea: The Equilibrium
--------------------
The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Shilster wrote:Isn't this just a better Janitor? It can totally disable people, and yeah, it nerfs lynching. People who can't vote (especially Town members) are useless to their team.

YuuArtSui explained it pretty well.

Aww, thanks :3

Image
User avatar
oOYuuArtSuiOo
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:17 pm
Location: Dat Booty

Re: The Witness (Neutral Evil) REWORKED!

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:52 am

Spoiler:
oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:The Witness
Role Name: Witness

Role Alignment: Neutral Evil (The correct color is "#40BFFF" for blue)

Goal: Live to see Town die. (It's "Survive to see the Town lose.")

Abilities: Each night choose a player to gossip with.

Special Attributes: Ignore Werewolf Maul or Veteran Alert. (This only applies if the target you visited dies right? But you already changed this role's goal, but I liked the "Witness 3 deaths" goal much more. This SA wouldn't matter then anymore)

Attributes:
> You will have 1 auto-vest (powerful defense). If you were attacked by a powerful defense an below, you will not die. An attack higher than powerful will kill you however. (This is all unnecessary info that every player should know)
> You will learn the killer's identity if the player you gossiped with dies.
> Townies who visited your target while your target was killed will make those Townies become roleblocked excluding any Town Protective.
> The following are included for witnesses:
-Executed target.
-Any player who visits a Veteran who alerts and dies.
-Target: Lookout. Bodyguard dies protecting Lookout and meanwhile
the Mafioso dies in the process. This counts as 2 witnesses. However, this does not give you
an astral visit for the current night.
> If your target was nursed, it does not count.
> You will be undetected by the Lookout/ given an astral visit for the current night if your TARGET was murdered. (You made this too complicated just write "Your visits are astral if the target you visited died.")



Additional Information: (by BasicFourLife)
> If you witness a kill done by the chosen NK's, specifically Serial Killer, Werewolf and Arsonist, they will get an astral visit for the next stab, rampage, or douse.
> If you witness a kill done by a Godfather, that Godfather gets an astral visit for the next shot. This does not count if the Mafioso is still in-game and even when the Mafioso is roleblocked.
> If you witness a kill done by a Mafioso, that Mafioso gets a basic defense for the next two nights. This also applies to Ambusher.
> If you witness a kill done by a Coven Leader or a Hex Master, they will be given an astral visit for their next attack.
> If you witness a kill done by any Coven members excluding a Hex Master or Coven Leader, they get a basic defense for the next two nights.
> Once it is already past Night 7, basic defense given will change to the next night only. (There is no reason like this is here, just remove it)
> You might want to paste that message what astral visits mean here, cuz of the players don't know / understand.
Notifications:
--> Any Godfather, Serial Killer, Werewolf, Arsonist, Coven Leader and Hex Master affected by the astral visit:
"You felt as if you were invisible last night" (This will only be shown when the night ends)
--> Any of the killing roles applicable of being given a basic defense:
"You were attacked but was saved since a Witness was watching over you!" (This will only be shown if the basic defense came from the Witness and you were attacked)

Investigative Results:

Investigator: Your target could be a Witness, Survivor, Amnesiac, Witch, Hex Master
Sheriff: Your target is not suspicious.
Consigliere: Your target has witnessed* someone [b]being murdered! They must be a Witness!

Acknowledgement: BasicFourLife (For the following information on the additional information)

Corrections in Orange.
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: The Witness (Neutral Evil) REWORKED!

Postby oOYuuArtSuiOo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:04 am

BasicFourLife wrote: Spoiler:
oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:The Witness
Role Name: Witness

Role Alignment: Neutral Evil (The correct color is "#40BFFF" for blue)

Goal: Live to see Town die. (It's "Survive to see the Town lose.")

Abilities: Each night choose a player to gossip with.

Special Attributes: Ignore Werewolf Maul or Veteran Alert. (This only applies if the target you visited dies right? But you already changed this role's goal, but I liked the "Witness 3 deaths" goal much more. This SA wouldn't matter then anymore)
Well, Joacgroso says this the goal should be Survive to see the Town lose because he's saying that this is an Evil which can win with Town so... I changed it... If I turn it to NB, the attributes would make the role evil-sided and it would become a NE instead so....... I added a Poll! Pleass vote for what should be implemented! :D


Attributes:
> You will have 1 auto-vest (powerful defense). If you were attacked by a powerful defense an below, you will not die. An attack higher than powerful will kill you however. (This is all unnecessary info that every player should know)
> You will learn the killer's identity if the player you gossiped with dies.
> Townies who visited your target while your target was killed will make those Townies become roleblocked excluding any Town Protective.
> The following are included for witnesses:
-Executed target.
-Any player who visits a Veteran who alerts and dies.
-Target: Lookout. Bodyguard dies protecting Lookout and meanwhile
the Mafioso dies in the process. This counts as 2 witnesses. However, this does not give you
an astral visit for the current night.
> If your target was nursed, it does not count.
> You will be undetected by the Lookout/ given an astral visit for the current night if your TARGET was murdered. (You made this too complicated just write "Your visits are astral if the target you visited died.")



Additional Information: (by BasicFourLife)
> If you witness a kill done by the chosen NK's, specifically Serial Killer, Werewolf and Arsonist, they will get an astral visit for the next stab, rampage, or douse.
> If you witness a kill done by a Godfather, that Godfather gets an astral visit for the next shot. This does not count if the Mafioso is still in-game and even when the Mafioso is roleblocked.
> If you witness a kill done by a Mafioso, that Mafioso gets a basic defense for the next two nights. This also applies to Ambusher.
> If you witness a kill done by a Coven Leader or a Hex Master, they will be given an astral visit for their next attack.
> If you witness a kill done by any Coven members excluding a Hex Master or Coven Leader, they get a basic defense for the next two nights.
> Once it is already past Night 7, basic defense given will change to the next night only. (There is no reason like this is here, just remove it)
> You might want to paste that message what astral visits mean here, cuz of the players don't know / understand.
Notifications:
--> Any Godfather, Serial Killer, Werewolf, Arsonist, Coven Leader and Hex Master affected by the astral visit:
"You felt as if you were invisible last night" (This will only be shown when the night ends)
--> Any of the killing roles applicable of being given a basic defense:
"You were attacked but was saved since a Witness was watching over you!" (This will only be shown if the basic defense came from the Witness and you were attacked)

Investigative Results:

Investigator: Your target could be a Witness, Survivor, Amnesiac, Witch, Hex Master
Sheriff: Your target is not suspicious.
Consigliere: Your target has witnessed* someone [b]being murdered! They must be a Witness!

Acknowledgement: BasicFourLife (For the following information on the additional information)

Corrections in Orange.


Thanks for the feedback!
MY OTHER IDEAS!

The Taboo Caster (Coven Evil)
--------------------
Role Alignment Idea: The Equilibrium
--------------------
The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Shilster wrote:Isn't this just a better Janitor? It can totally disable people, and yeah, it nerfs lynching. People who can't vote (especially Town members) are useless to their team.

YuuArtSui explained it pretty well.

Aww, thanks :3

Image
User avatar
oOYuuArtSuiOo
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:17 pm
Location: Dat Booty

Next

Return to Role Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests