Party Planner (THANKS FOR OVER 4000 VIEWS!)

Old Role Ideas

Is this a good role?

Yes
42%
No
31%
Needs work (just post it, m8)
27%

Total votes : 26

Re: REEEEEEEEEE: Party Planner (THANKS FOR OVER 9000 VIEWS!)

Postby lemonader666 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:26 am

TheNightmareFox wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
TheNightmareFox wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:I like how you get excited over a role idea post getting 650 views over 3 months, mine got like over 350 views and i just posted it yesterday.
I think this role should be neutral benign since it can win with everyone as long as it complete it's goal. ( NB can help all of the factions but this is in the right spot do remember Pirate wins if he plunders 2 people and hes NC)But he attacks his target with a Powerful attack if they lose. (yes but NC is for all thoses roles that dont fit in this is a NC)That's why it fits Neutral Benign. Neutral Chaos is the last resort.
What does "-Investigative roles (Sheriff, Witch, Consigliere, Investigator) will also get a message that you and the infected are dancing along with your role or status (no matter what your role is)." means?
I don't like the fact that the game stops every 3rd night.
Does every 3rd night means 3/6/9 or the 3rd night after they were infected
Overall pretty fun role, me likey.
/support
lol it's currently at 666 views.

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby TheNightmareFox » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:28 am

lemonader666 wrote:
TheNightmareFox wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
TheNightmareFox wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:I like how you get excited over a role idea post getting 650 views over 3 months, mine got like over 350 views and i just posted it yesterday.
I think this role should be neutral benign since it can win with everyone as long as it complete it's goal. ( NB can help all of the factions but this is in the right spot do remember Pirate wins if he plunders 2 people and hes NC)But he attacks his target with a Powerful attack if they lose. (yes but NC is for all thoses roles that dont fit in this is a NC)That's why it fits Neutral Benign. Neutral Chaos is the last resort.(its NC)
What does "-Investigative roles (Sheriff, Witch, Consigliere, Investigator) will also get a message that you and the infected are dancing along with your role or status (no matter what your role is)." means?
/support
Man I can't come up with anything good to put here
TheNightmareFox
Civilian
Civilian

Postby lemonader666 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:30 am

TheNightmareFox wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
TheNightmareFox wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
TheNightmareFox wrote:
I think this role should be neutral benign since it can win with everyone as long as it complete it's goal. ( NB can help all of the factions but this is in the right spot do remember Pirate wins if he plunders 2 people and hes NC)But he attacks his target with a Powerful attack if they lose. (yes but NC is for all thoses roles that dont fit in this is a NC)That's why it fits Neutral Benign. Neutral Chaos is the last resort.(its NC)I was suggesting that it should be NB, not NC because NC is a last resort.
/support

Stop acting dumb.

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Re: Party Planner (THANKS FOR OVER 650 VIEWS!)

Postby lemonader666 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:08 am

What? I'm telling the truth.

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Hawkwing425 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:09 pm

Oh dear...

As for the PP's alignment, I'm still stuck between NB and NC myself.
Let's go through the list of things that people have said...
lemonader666 wrote:I like how you get excited over a role idea post getting 650 views over 3 months, mine got like over 350 views and i just posted it yesterday. This is my most viewed role, and it's the one that I'm the proudest of. That's why I'm excited.
I think this role should be neutral benign since it can win with everyone as long as it complete it's goal. See what I said about alignment.
What does "-Investigative roles (Sheriff, Witch, Consigliere, Investigator) will also get a message that you and the infected are dancing along with your role or status (no matter what your role is)." means? If an Investigative role visits an infected or a PP, they will see the typical results for what role you are (like a Framer would show up as Framer/Vamp/Jester AND as Infected, or as Mafia and infected)
I don't like the fact that the game stops every 3rd night. It doesn't. The infection works like: You get infected n1, you are roleblocked that night, on n4 you are also roleblocked, and so on. Just an example.
Does every 3rd night means 3/6/9 or the 3rd night after they were infected 3rd night after they are infected and so on
Overall pretty fun role, me likey.Thanks for your support!
/support
lol it's currently at 666 views. :devil:
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby lemonader666 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:30 pm

Hawkwing425 wrote:Oh dear...

As for the PP's alignment, I'm still stuck between NB and NC myself.
Let's go through the list of things that people have said...
lemonader666 wrote:I like how you get excited over a role idea post getting 650 views over 3 months, mine got like over 350 views and i just posted it yesterday. This is my most viewed role, and it's the one that I'm the proudest of. That's why I'm excited.Damn, i just made my first role idea 2 days ago and I don't give a damn that it has over 500 views.
I think this role should be neutral benign since it can win with everyone as long as it complete it's goal. See what I said about alignment.Don't see anything.
What does "-Investigative roles (Sheriff, Witch, Consigliere, Investigator) will also get a message that you and the infected are dancing along with your role or status (no matter what your role is)." means? If an Investigative role visits an infected or a PP, they will see the typical results for what role you are (like a Framer would show up as Framer/Vamp/Jester AND as Infected, or as Mafia and infected)Oh ok.
I don't like the fact that the game stops every 3rd night. It doesn't. The infection works like: You get infected n1, you are roleblocked that night, on n4 you are also roleblocked, and so on. Just an example.k
Does every 3rd night means 3/6/9 or the 3rd night after they were infected 3rd night after they are infected and so onThat's going to stall the town for a while.
Overall pretty fun role, me likey.Thanks for your support!
/support
lol it's currently at 666 views. :devil:

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Hawkwing425 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:55 pm

lemonader666 wrote:That's going to stall the town for a while.

Not just the town, you know.
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby lemonader666 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:11 pm

Hawkwing425 wrote:

I mean the whole town.

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Hawkwing425 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:29 pm

lemonader666 wrote:
Hawkwing425 wrote:

I mean the whole town.

Yeah, the PP is pretty chaotic, which is why I'm currently making it NC.
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:10 pm

Hawkwing425 wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
Hawkwing425 wrote:

I mean the whole town.

Yeah, the PP is pretty chaotic, which is why I'm currently making it NC.

Where it should be, it'll wreak havoc on winrates like the other NC roles.

The difference between NC and NB is how they role. (I meant to put roll, but autocorrect changed it to role. I think it's developing a sense of humor.)
NC roles punish the winrates of factions and independents, whereas NB assists the winrates of factions. Granted this is my speculation and musing.

[url=https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MZk7o65Y-BguXn9lOU9tVijQEPUZ7iYZ?usp=drive_link
]My Role Ideas[/url]
Fair warning, I know many of the ideas in this are pretty shitty/unbalanced, but I have a lot more knowledge of role mechanics and balancing now than I did then.

Currently Working On:
- Nothing in particular, might return to rework old ideas. We'll see.

EvilPudding wrote:Interesting idea and it is balanced like the WW

/support
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch

Postby Hawkwing425 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:29 pm

Blackwolfe99 wrote:Where it should be, it'll wreak havoc on winrates like the other NC roles.

The difference between NC and NB is how they role. (I meant to put roll, but autocorrect changed it to role. I think it's developing a sense of humor.)
NC roles punish the winrates of factions and independents, whereas NB assists the winrates of factions. Granted this is my speculation and musing.

I agree with this.
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: Party Planner (THANKS FOR OVER 2000 VIEWS!)

Postby Hawkwing425 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:35 pm

Should I do a rework on this role for the Coven DLC rules?
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby MafiaMenace » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:19 pm

Jesus christ, necro-bump.
Spoiler: Image

You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Shilster » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:26 am

MafiaMenace wrote:Jesus christ, necro-bump.

What's the problem? He's the OP.
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby MafiaMenace » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:29 am

I.... okay, I have been told on an alt many times not to necrobump when it was my post, nvm.

You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby lemonader666 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:43 am

Hawkwing425 wrote:Should I do a rework on this role for the Coven DLC rules?

Sure, why not.

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby JamTinkTonk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:13 pm

i like the idea however it may be a bit chaotic but surely when there are very few people left its would be extremely easy to infect them all so i think in the end it would basically be a survivor with a very small chance of not winning especially if your rbing a lot of people its gonna make the game longer and make you have a very easy win

i feel like its a good role but it would be too hard to lose
JamTinkTonk

Postby Hawkwing425 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:33 pm

JamTinkTonk wrote:i like the idea however it may be a bit chaotic but surely when there are very few people left its would be extremely easy to infect them all so i think in the end it would basically be a survivor with a very small chance of not winning especially if your rbing a lot of people its gonna make the game longer and make you have a very easy win

i feel like its a good role but it would be too hard to lose

How should I nerf the PP?
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby pierrew » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:15 am

I really like it!
Last edited by pierrew on Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
pierrew
Jester
Jester

Postby NeptuneJump » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:49 am

So basically a slower PB.

Nope.
NeptuneJump

Location: You can find me between Uranus and Pluto, right around Triton.

Postby MafiaMenace » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:59 pm

Neptune are you fucking kidding me, don't compare this role to Plaguebearer, it was made long before PB, now stfu.

MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby lemonader666 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:34 pm

NeptuneJump wrote:So basically a slower PB.

Nope.

FIRST OF ALL IT WAS MADE BEFORE PB
It doesn't need to kill anyone

lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Mystoc » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:49 pm

the concept of the role isn't a joke

but the lore certainly is a joke and will never added into the game as is

a party planner who hosts parties at houses and somehow forces everyone inculding evil people to dance?? whaaaaat yea no

maybe if it was clarified the role was some type of laidback magician type person who just likes to party so they they cast a spell on a dwelling each night to enchant the occupants of the house to feel the irresistible urge to dance i could see it working

================================

or just make it weaken people so they have take a resspit every third night because they feel to weak

call it Leech or Siphoner it takes part of people's energy who visit a place and uses its for its own

==================================

that fact all it really does is make games last longer and can win with everyone makes this role hugely town sided

if evil roles are forced to take break and dance a night every so often that means they aren't killing, if they aren't killing for some nights games will last longer, if games last longer town gets more info, a town with more info finds evils, if town who find evils they hang them, town who hang evils will win more

see the problem?

town will never hang you cause you're actually a beneficial thing for town

sure evils can kill you if yourself reveal but your so useful to town that i feel TP would be justified in protecting you

the concept is cool lore is horrible and the goal needs to change so if it wins town loses

a lot people are saying this is too much PB like and i agree true you posted this idea before PB was a thing but that doesn't change the fact this a weaker PB with a very bad goal

cool concept but /nosupport
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Hawkwing425 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:19 pm

Mystoc wrote:the concept of the role isn't a joke

but the lore certainly is a joke and will never added into the game as is Honestly, the lore doesn't matter. That can be changed. If your argument is solely about the lore sucking, that's a pretty shitty argument right there.

a party planner who hosts parties at houses and somehow forces everyone inculding evil people to dance?? whaaaaat yea no No, they aren't forcing people to dance. The people caught the Dance Fever.

maybe if it was clarified the role was some type of laidback magician type person who just likes to party so they they cast a spell on a dwelling each night to enchant the occupants of the house to feel the irresistible urge to dance i could see it working So when are you going to get to the gameplay aspects of the role instead of whining about the lore?

================================

or just make it weaken people so they have take a resspit every third night because they feel to weak One, read a dictionary. Two, read what I said earlier again. It's an "illness" of sorts. It comes and goes in waves.

call it Leech or Siphoner it takes part of people's energy who visit a place and uses its for its own Now you're just telling me to make a different role.

==================================

that fact all it really does is make games last longer and can win with everyone makes this role hugely town sided And Survivor is totally okay. Not like everyone lynches them first chance because "every Surv sides with evil"

if evil roles are forced to take break and dance a night every so often that means they aren't killing, if they aren't killing for some nights games will last longer, if games last longer town gets more info, a town with more info finds evils, if town who find evils they hang them, town who hang evils will win more

see the problem? Did you miss the part about "EVERYONE IS AFFECTED"? If PP was helpful to the Town, I'd make him/her/them a Town role.
However, PP isn't always a good guy. And besides, when PP shows up, not every evil role immediately starts getting auto-blocked.
And the Town can't get info if the investigative roles are dancing that night, can they?

town will never hang you cause you're actually a beneficial thing for town HA

sure evils can kill you if yourself reveal but your so useful to town that i feel TP would be justified in protecting you See previous comments.
They're all in pink.

the concept is cool lore is horrible and the goal needs to change so if it wins town loses Nobody cares about the lore, and PP isn't an evil role all the time. Therefore, they are a Neutral Chaos role. If you want to make your own evil role, you do that. However, this is MY role. Constructive criticism is appreciated. Whining is not.

a lot people are saying this is too much PB like and i agree true you posted this idea before PB was a thing but that doesn't change the fact this a weaker PB with a very bad goal This was made way before PB. Besides, PB is kind of overpowered, while PP is more balanced.

cool concept but /nosupport
And no support for you, either, sir.
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Mystoc » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:15 pm

you don't seem to take feedback very well and are hostile to negative feedback what do you mean you dont support me? this is your role

===============================================

ok they aren't being forced to dance by why would an evil person choose dance over killing people it makes no sense
ok but what is dance fever is it magic what does dance fever mean??

lore is actually a very important part of a role if its not lore friendly it won't be added into the game like if i tried to add the pilot who flies around in plane to see who leaves their house at night the role wouldn't be added because there weren't airplanes in the 1690s

===============================================

look even it the dance fever affects town its still town sided

they still have day chat to ask for and roles and such so they are still sharing and getting info and asking for info even if the town got roleblocked there night abilities are was less important than a night ability that kills people

longer games mean town has more days to get info since less killing happens it doesn't matter if town doesn't have night actions

towns main win condition is hanging people which does not happen during the night
evils win condition is killing people which does happen during the night

the downside for town is basically non existent
i think the idea of the role is a cool but the debuff is very town sided

=======================================

you need to change the goal or make their be more of downside for town

like what if you made it so people with dance fever cant vote that night after they are forced to dance
this way town is hurt too by this their voting power during the day is crippled while evils killing power during the night is crippled that way its fair
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives