The Time Traveller Faction

Old Role Ideas

The Time Traveller Faction

Postby cupcakeaj2 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:06 pm

Lore-The time travelers were a group of people from the far, far, future, where Salem is peacefil and nothing bad ever happens. A man found a history book about the old evils of Salem, the mafia, the coven, the killers, and monsters... Then, being a master inventor, he decided to create a time machine! After that, he got his old buddies to join him on his adventure back in time to the evil Town of Salem. Of course, somethjng bad had to happen right? There were many flaws in the machine and when they got there, the machine needed to take a few days to recharge. "2.5x+2 days is how long it will take, where x is the number of Time travelers", the Inventor had told them. Now, they must survive until the machine recharges.

Goal-Have at least one Time Traveler alive when the time machine becomes active.

Note-When you guys win, the town will be informed that the Time Travelers have won, then the surviving TT die the next night. The game will keep going even if you win. 

Alignment-Time Travelers

Theyre all unique, they dont know who each other are, and have no night chat

There may be 2 to 4 time travelers per game. There must be an Inventor.

Role-Inventor

Abilities-Wheh you die, the day that you need to reach to win will reduce by one.

Each night, you will be informed what the current day/night needed to reach to win is.

You may give a player a toolkit. You have one toolkit. If they aren't a TT, the day/night needed to reach will be increased by 1. If the TT with the toolkit is the last TT alive, the day/night needed to reach will be reduced by 1. You having a use of this ability doesn't count as having the toolkit.

Sheriff-NS

Invest-BG GF ARSO CRUS INVENT

Consig-Your target is tinkering with a machine! They must be an Inventor!

Observer-Your target is a Time Traveler!

Role-Observer

Abilities-Observe someone each night.

Attributes-You will know if they are a Time Traveler or not. You have a night chat. When you find a Time Traveller, they get added to the night chat.

Sheriff-NS

Invest-Invest Consig Mayor Tracker PB Obs Programm

Consig-Your target stares at people intently! They must be an Obserfer!

Observ-Your target is a Time Traveler!

Role-Astronomer

Abilities-You may pray to the stars at night.

Attributes-The phase needed to reach to win will reduce by one for every visitor you get.

You can do this once. It auto triggers when you die and haven't used it.

Invest-Surv VH Witch/Medusa Psychic Astro

Consig-Your target gazes at the stars! They must be an Astronomer!

Role-Programmer

Abilities-Find the roles of 5 people at night.

Attributes-You MUST choose 5 people to check for roles.

If you dont your ability will fail.

You dont know what role go to which players.

Your investigating doesnt count as a visit.

Invest-Invest Consig Mayor Tracker PB Obs Programm

Consig-Your target uses a weird machine called a computer! They must be a Programmer!

Role-Architect

Abilities-Choose a player's house to remodel.

Attributes-Remodelled houses will grant the player an auto-vest. You will be informed if an auto-vest gets triggered and the player that had the vest's name. You cannot remodel a house that you already remodeled since it's beyond improvement.

Invest-Frame Vamp Jest Hex Architect

Consig-Your target builds and recreates buildings! They must be an Architect!

Role-Drunk

Abilities-Get drunk with someone.

Attributes-If your target also visits you, then the day needed to reach to win, will reduce by 1. They will also get roleblocked the following night.

You are roleblock immune.

Invest-Look Forge Amne CovenL Drunk

Consig-Your target always has a pint of beer! They must be Drunk!

Role-Darling (Needs a better name)

Abilities-Roleblock someone.

Attributes-If you roleblock a Time Traveler, then the day needed to reach to win, will reduce by 1.

Time Travelers will become immune to roleblock after you roleblock them.

Invest-Esc Trans Cons Hypno Darling

Consig-Your target is a beautiful lady from the distant future! They must be a Darling!

Role-Historian

Abilities-TBA

Change Log- (Cause why not) (The first few are from the TOS wiki)

Made the Programmer's investigation not count as visting to nerf the Drunk.

Time Travelers will become immune to roleblock after Darling RBs them to prevent spamblock to win.

Architect gets the smallest nerf ever.

Nerfed Astronomer and Architect from reducing days to phases (Day 8 to Night 7 like that)

Removed Lunatic (Doesn't work lorewise and promotes gamethrowing)

Buffed Inventor to know the day/night needed to reach to win each night.

Gave Observer a night chat with TT that he finds.

Astronomer's ability now auto triggers upon death.

Nerfed Drunk so he roleblocks a player he night after he drinks with them. (To prevent a TT constantly visiting him. Which is only Observer and Darling lol)

Buffed Drunk to be roleblock Immune

Gave Inventor the toolkit ability.

Reworked Architect to grant auto-vests instead.

Added the Historian
Last edited by cupcakeaj2 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Spoiler: Repertoire

Mad Scientist

Prophet

Blacksmith

Anonymous

Forum Mafia Games:

ALL:

5 - 6 - 2

TOWN:

3 - 4 - 1

MAFIA:

2 - 3 - 0

OTHER:

0 - 0 - 1
cupcakeaj2
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: The Time Traveller Faction

Postby Mystoc » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:18 pm

Inventor - super lazy role it's good no matter what and promotes dying it its ability does not match its name, this role can afk and basically do its it job its ability is literally dying, you need restrictions on the -1 day not all forms of death should activate it

observer - super boring its time traveler sheriff - it should add them to a night chat if it finds a fellow time traveler

lunatic - promotes killing your teammates that is all i don't know why you would add this

Astronomer - incredibly over powered role for this factions win condition i think the average person gets 3-5 visits randomly in a game and that without faking an important role, does this role trigger on being killed does the killer count as a visitor to the countdown even though you died

-Programmer - why this role is a super consig and doesn't add anything to the factions win condition this is the most random role i have ever seen in a faction ever and i have seen alot of faction ideas that is all

Architect - this would be an OP role even if it was a NK its unkillable role that roleblocks people then uses them as meat shields this role is unkillable during the night....

Drunk - this is a strictly worse observer but waaaay more balanced delete observer keep this but change it to if they visit any time traveler but make it the drunk debuff only last 2 nights

Darling (Needs a better name) - dude you realized most of your names make no sense right?
anti synergy role this is bad if roleblock them then they cant use there ability to help with win condition

so the less people alive the faster the machine is built? that seems it should be opposite since the more people from the future could be smarter as group and fix it faster

most these roles are just random and some are Flat out OP

your lore doesn't match this faction at all, most of the abilities promote dying to win faster but the lore is escape back into the future.....

you have two roles that kill people but other then that town won't care if you win since you just all leave the win condition needs give town a reason to stop you from winning

the concept is cool but the roles don't match the concept at all though this needs tons of work

good try but /nosupport
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby cupcakeaj2 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:49 pm

Mystoc wrote:Inventor - super lazy role it's good no matter what and promotes dying it its ability does not match its name, this role can afk and basically do its it job its ability is literally dying, you need restrictions on the -1 day not all forms of death should activate it. Eh I'll leave it for now.

observer - super boring its time traveler sheriff - it should add them to a night chat if it finds a fellow time traveler Ok

lunatic - promotes killing your teammates that is all i don't know why you would add this Tbh I'm probably going to remove it

Astronomer - incredibly over powered role for this factions win condition i think the average person gets 3-5 visits randomly in a game and that without faking an important role, does this role trigger on being killed does the killer count as a visitor to the countdown even though you died You activate the ability. I'll add that it auto triggers if you get killed.

-Programmer - why this role is a super consig and doesn't add anything to the factions win condition this is the most random role i have ever seen in a faction ever and i have seen alot of faction ideas that is all

Architect - this would be an OP role even if it was a NK its unkillable role that roleblocks people then uses them as meat shields this role is unkillable during the night.... I don't know how to really nerf it though. I might change the entire role.

Drunk - this is a strictly worse observer but waaaay more balanced delete observer keep this but change it to if they visit any time traveler but make it the drunk debuff only last 2 nights

Darling (Needs a better name) - dude you realized most of your names make no sense right?
anti synergy role this is bad if roleblock them then they cant use there ability to help with win condition

so the less people alive the faster the machine is built? that seems it should be opposite since the more people from the future could be smarter as group and fix it faster

most these roles are just random and some are Flat out OP

your lore doesn't match this faction at all, most of the abilities promote dying to win faster but the lore is escape back into the future..... Oh ya...

you have two roles that kill people but other then that town won't care if you win since you just all leave the win condition needs give town a reason to stop you from winning

the concept is cool but the roles don't match the concept at all though this needs tons of work

good try but /nosupport

Mad Scientist

Prophet

Blacksmith

Anonymous

Forum Mafia Games:

ALL:

5 - 6 - 2

TOWN:

3 - 4 - 1

MAFIA:

2 - 3 - 0

OTHER:

0 - 0 - 1
cupcakeaj2
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby cupcakeaj2 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:48 pm

I game Inventor a toolkit ability (Look at role to see what it does) and reworked Architect.

Mad Scientist

Prophet

Blacksmith

Anonymous

Forum Mafia Games:

ALL:

5 - 6 - 2

TOWN:

3 - 4 - 1

MAFIA:

2 - 3 - 0

OTHER:

0 - 0 - 1
cupcakeaj2
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby cupcakeaj2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:14 pm

Bump

Mad Scientist

Prophet

Blacksmith

Anonymous

Forum Mafia Games:

ALL:

5 - 6 - 2

TOWN:

3 - 4 - 1

MAFIA:

2 - 3 - 0

OTHER:

0 - 0 - 1
cupcakeaj2
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby MafiaMenace » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:02 am

You bumped it after a day. -_-

And if you want to ask, Mystoc said all there needs to be said, buttttttttt, the toolkit is a hail-mary in order to improve Inventor.

Architect - I... don't... see how this helps the faction? It is seriously a temporary doctor.
Spoiler: Image

You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby cupcakeaj2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:27 am

Architect-Keeping the TT alive longer.

Mad Scientist

Prophet

Blacksmith

Anonymous

Forum Mafia Games:

ALL:

5 - 6 - 2

TOWN:

3 - 4 - 1

MAFIA:

2 - 3 - 0

OTHER:

0 - 0 - 1
cupcakeaj2
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby cupcakeaj2 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:44 pm

Bump

Mad Scientist

Prophet

Blacksmith

Anonymous

Forum Mafia Games:

ALL:

5 - 6 - 2

TOWN:

3 - 4 - 1

MAFIA:

2 - 3 - 0

OTHER:

0 - 0 - 1
cupcakeaj2
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby cupcakeaj2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:32 pm

Cmon someone comment on this :(

Mad Scientist

Prophet

Blacksmith

Anonymous

Forum Mafia Games:

ALL:

5 - 6 - 2

TOWN:

3 - 4 - 1

MAFIA:

2 - 3 - 0

OTHER:

0 - 0 - 1
cupcakeaj2
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby MafiaMenace » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:02 pm

Just let it die, people aren't commenting because someone either said what they thought already, or they just aren't posting.

You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Purple998 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:00 pm

I think the reason people aren't commenting I'd because you need to make this thread more user-friendly, add spoilers and some colors
Who needs a "GF", when you have your own hands? -Mafioso

If you read this yu gai xd
Purple998
Veteran
Veteran

Postby xXIllegalPotatoXx » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Also, bumping is kind of illegal...The faction seems great, but I just see it as a whole bunch of useless survivors, and nobody has any reason to kill them. The whole game could be spent on a whole bunch of time traveller claims, while the mafia slowly picks off the town. /nosupport
Favorite Roles:Survivor, Necromancer, Jailor, Plaguebearer,(even though it never wins.)Executioner,
Worst/Most boring roles:Framer, Disguiser, Forger, Hex Master, Medium, Retributionist, Vigilante.

Spoiler: Yes, I know my signature is unoriginal. Deal with it.
xXIllegalPotatoXx
Lookout
Lookout

Postby MafiaMenace » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:30 pm

xXIllegalPotatoXx wrote:Also, bumping is kind of illegal...The faction seems great, but I just see it as a whole bunch of useless survivors, and nobody has any reason to kill them. The whole game could be spent on a whole bunch of time traveller claims, while the mafia slowly picks off the town. /nosupport

How is bumping "illegal"?
There are no rules towards it.

MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby cupcakeaj2 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:49 pm

xXIllegalPotatoXx wrote:Also, bumping is kind of illegal...The faction seems great, but I just see it as a whole bunch of useless survivors, and nobody has any reason to kill them. The whole game could be spent on a whole bunch of time traveller claims, while the mafia slowly picks off the town. /nosupport

You just bumped it.

Now let this die

Mad Scientist

Prophet

Blacksmith

Anonymous

Forum Mafia Games:

ALL:

5 - 6 - 2

TOWN:

3 - 4 - 1