Town of Salem's The Savior Of Salem!

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Town of Salem's The Savior Of Salem!

Postby shapesifter13 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:41 pm

Hey Townies!

Soon we will be launching a Kickstarter for our second card game.

Disclaimer: The making of this card did not take away from the development of the online version in any capacity.

The Savior of Salem is a simple, easy to learn, multiplayer RPG dungeon crawling game. You fight monsters, grow your mob, work with and backstab other players in order to be the first player to overpower the Coven and become the hero of the Town.

Starting with 3-6 players each player draws their starting hand. Some cards allow you to grow your mob, give your mob bonuses, or mess with other players.

Every turn a player searches a house. If there is a monster in the house the player must fight it. With each monster you defeat you get rewards which can include more mob members, equipment for your mob, identities, items, and more.

Sometimes you will stumble upon a monster you can't beat, and you can ask other players for help in exchange for some of the rewards. Other times you may be able to beat a monster, but the other players can make that monster stronger, or even add more monsters to the fight!

The first player to have 20 mob members will be able to overpower the evil doers, regain control of the town, and be the Savior of Salem!
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Re: Town of Salem's The Savior Of Salem!

Postby mdb1023 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:59 pm

So if I understood this correctly, this is like Munchkin crossed with the deception of mafia? Interesting....
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby Djaouida » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:16 pm

Sounds cool! Looking forward to supporting it!
(There is no signature)
Djaouida
Veteran
Veteran

Postby mdb1023 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:30 pm

NozBugz wrote:Why..why..WHY??!? WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER GODDAMN CARD GAME. Focus on perfecting the online version then maybe make card games
Spoiler: BECAUSE THE LAST ONE WAS UDDER GODDAMN SHIT

shapesifter13 wrote:Disclaimer: The making of this card did not take away from the development of the online version in any capacity.

it's ok, reading is hard.

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby mdb1023 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:39 pm

Why does it matter what order it happens!? Especially if production of this game didn't take away from work in TOS? The game doesn't run on good will, you know.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Hurricat » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:45 pm

can't wait to buy the nsfw deck
Hurricat
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Postby mdb1023 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:46 pm

NozBugz wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:Why does it matter what order it happens!? Especially if production of this game didn't take away from work in TOS? The game doesn't run on good will, you know.

I have had many bad tastes in my mouth from BMG's ToS card game, I'm very reluctant to support another one if its the same quality

Then don't. But we dont know the details yet so calm your tits.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Hurricat » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:49 pm

mdb1023 wrote:Why does it matter what order it happens!? Especially if production of this game didn't take away from work in TOS? The game doesn't run on good will, you know.

well gosh darnit you're just so right, in fact i am going to donate my entire next paycheck to BMG just to show them who's boss
Hurricat
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Postby Nellyfox » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:51 pm

hey sorry brandon, you're cool and all, but may i suggest more piggybank pets instead of card games
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby mdb1023 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:56 pm

NozBugz wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:
NozBugz wrote:

I have had many bad tastes in my mouth from BMG's ToS card game, I'm very reluctant to support another one if its the same quality

I agree we don't know the details, from PAST quality of their card games I am not expecting much out of this one, also can't wait to spend 40 bucks to get an NSFW deck! (Obvious sarcasm there)

Then quit bitching and don't buy it.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Soulshade55r » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:57 pm

NozBugz wrote:Why..why..WHY??!? WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER GODDAMN CARD GAME. Focus on perfecting the online version then maybe make card games
Spoiler: BECAUSE THE LAST ONE WAS UDDER GODDAMN SHIT

Thumbs up here if they focused on adding new content to TOS I'd be happy, but we get to play with cards! (too bad no one likes me IRL)
even if it was more coven stuff so people are more willing to pay for it.

All I'm saying is you guys need to focus on improving the game instead of skins and card games.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Soulshade55r » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:00 pm

TeamMystic wrote:Hey kids let's calm down and enjoy this fresh, new, and totally original card game the devs brought us

Yay I gotta play Tos with cards unlike the real game I can play alone
Last edited by Soulshade55r on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby mdb1023 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:01 pm

NozBugz wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:
NozBugz wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:
NozBugz wrote:

I agree we don't know the details, from PAST quality of their card games I am not expecting much out of this one, also can't wait to spend 40 bucks to get an NSFW deck! (Obvious sarcasm there)

Then quit bitching and don't buy it.

Since when was complaining about a unnecessary card game "bitching". Also love how they are going to make a kick starter for it when the mostly likely have the money

I would love to see your proof that they "most likely have the money," microtransactions and ad rev only get you so far. And you're literally bitching, that's what complaining is lol.

soulshade55r wrote:All I'm saying is you guys need to focus on improving the game instead of skins and card games.

shapesifter13 wrote:Disclaimer: The making of this card did not take away from the development of the online version in any capacity.

seriously, am i the only one who knows how to fucking read!?

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby mdb1023 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:09 pm

It's the way you're coming off about it. Like seriously, just don't buy the damn game and let it be, you don't need to get so bent out of shape about it.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Shilster » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:36 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:our second card game.

Why another one though?
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Soulshade55r » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:47 pm

TeamMystic wrote:
NozBugz wrote:
TeamMystic wrote:Hey kids let's calm down and enjoy this fresh, new, and totally original card game the devs brought us

Is that sarcasm? I really can't tell?

How would it be sarcasm? This is a great idea from the devs and maybe their best decision yet. It surely is a card game everyone will love.

This is the best thing that could happen in my life, my depression is cured.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby mdb1023 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:49 pm

Shilster wrote:

Why another one though?

puttin the "s" in Blank Media Games I guess. Plus money is kinda good when you're running a company.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Soulshade55r » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:50 pm

mdb1023 wrote:
Shilster wrote:

Why another one though?

puttin the "s" in Blank Media Games I guess. Plus money is kinda good when you're running a company.

Whos going to buy this? just asking
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby mdb1023 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:52 pm

idk I might. Depends when we get more details. And there were a lot of people who bought the first card game so i'd say it's a reasonable investment for them to make another one.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Soulshade55r » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:56 pm

mdb1023 wrote:idk I might. Depends when we get more details. And there were a lot of people who bought the first card game so i'd say it's a reasonable investment for them to make another one.

I heard that a lot of people got really upset over the first card game, not saying it's the worst thing ever.
Also I find it hard to believe in modern times that people will often play a card game.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby mdb1023 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:11 am

IDK how many people were upset with it- I have it and I'm satisfied with it, the only problem is that I've never had a big enough group to play with it so maybe that's the issue people had? Unless you're saying that a lot of people were upset at the concept of it, which would be correct (though it's really not that unheard of for a business to make new products so idk why people were so upset about it). But a big part of that was when Tormental threw a tantrum and got a bunch of people all pissy over it, so that where a chunk of the hate came from.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Icibalus » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:18 am

Soulshade55r wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:idk I might. Depends when we get more details. And there were a lot of people who bought the first card game so i'd say it's a reasonable investment for them to make another one.

I heard that a lot of people got really upset over the first card game, not saying it's the worst thing ever.
Also I find it hard to believe in modern times that people will often play a card game.

You have upset the board and card gamers.
Prepare for doom.

On a slightly more serious note, I already have Munchkin, so why would I buy it again? :thinking:
Spoiler: FM - 3-7

Links:

None... yet.
Icibalus
Medium
Medium

Location: On your shoulder. No, not the one with the angel on it. (GMT)

Postby Icibalus » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:23 am

Just be honest and call it Munchkin: ToS edition. Please, BMG, we're not falling for this.
Spoiler: FM - 3-7

Links:

None... yet.
Icibalus
Medium
Medium

Location: On your shoulder. No, not the one with the angel on it. (GMT)

Postby JazzMusicStops » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:53 am

NozBugz wrote:I want a very polished game (Which ToS is close to doing)

Kappa?

Spoiler: I'm probably just going to lurk forever, posting occasionally
But if there ever comes a point where my account speaks its last
Know that it was a pleasure to be here, especially in Forum Games
During my teenage years, this place was my first real community
Thank you all so much for playing silly games with me
I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby JazzMusicStops » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:01 am

Spoiler: I'm probably just going to lurk forever, posting occasionally
But if there ever comes a point where my account speaks its last
Know that it was a pleasure to be here, especially in Forum Games
During my teenage years, this place was my first real community
Thank you all so much for playing silly games with me
I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Next

Return to Announcements