The new PTR rolelist

The new PTR rolelist

Postby Macspie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:50 pm

First of all, Congratulations! You made a rolelist that isnt completely fucked for town which is already a huge improvement over the current RP rolelist which was rumored to be the new ranked rolelist.

But now the one obvious flaw on the new one which also made the current RP rolelist bad: The 4th mafia.

The mafia having 4 people gives them a huge advantage over town not only being able to plan out their exact claims for day 2 with the spy nerf. but also in deciding which way the votes are going to swing early in the game. This could easily be fixed by replacing the 4th mafia with a neutral evil if you insist on having another evil in the game INSTEAD of having 2 random mafia roles. If the mafia starts out with 2 powerfull RM roles (lets say blackmailer and consort) their chances of losing are really low since they'l have all the info they will need to win by day 2 or 3.

How is a neutral evil better than an random mafia?
-Town will be hesitant to perform lynches because of possible executioners or jesters
-Mafia wont be overpowered in the voting system
-Neutral killings will have more potential allies instead of having only 1 possible ally

How do i KNOW this works out better? In both the community server tournament and custom hosted town of salem tournaments this rolelist has been used and it WORKED brilliantly. giving town around 60-65% winrate on average. By giving mafia 4 people you are giving them a hoost buge not only over town but also over the NK which winrate is already insanely low.

Hell even adding the NB back instead of a 4th mafia makes it more balanced for ALL sides (less mafia power,more town potential AND more potential allies for the NK)
Macspie
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: The new PTR rolelist

Postby Chancell0r » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:59 pm

I wish they spent the last two months testing these kind of lists instead of just one. >.>
Check out my Competitive Ranked guide for all roles in Ranked.
https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... =3&t=73489

2k+ elo
Go by Chancellor/Illuminate/Emily in Ranked.
Chancell0r
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:10 pm

Honestly I think 3RN is still too much
My Role list suggestion
>Jailor, Ti, Ti, Ts, Tp, Tk, Rt, Rt, Godfather, RM, MS, Nk, any, RN (Apart from vapires? they are un-needed in ranked lol)
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Jerme » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:38 am

Since a NB slot would be "too swingy" it will not be added according to PyroMonkeyGG.
Also BMG did test more than one rolelist, but they haven't managed to hit the liveservers.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:53 am

I don't believe NB is Broken on a role list, jester and exe can side with who ever (Jester could even kill a evil) Neutral benign is fun to play because your not forced on one side and its not that broken in fact it helps out the Neutral killing a lot
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Macspie » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Jerme wrote:Since a NB slot would be "too swingy" it will not be added according to PyroMonkeyGG.
Also BMG did test more than one rolelist, but they haven't managed to hit the liveservers.

I could use the "too swingy" argument multiple times in the current ranked and in the new ranked so much.

-1 NK being NK is too swingy because an arsonist makes towns winchance greater while an SK lowers it the most. if they're so scared of making ranked too swingy it should be a guaranteed SK.
-2 2 RM roles allows for maf to get unlucky with a framer and forger but also Overpowered with a janitor and any of the MS roles (consig consort bmer)
-3 Excluding the witch neutral evils have the option of siding town even if the community doesnt like it.

NB is just as "swingy" as NK being able to be 3 different things which heavily influences how evils have to play to win.
Macspie
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Macspie » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:37 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:Honestly I think 3RN is still too much
My Role list suggestion
>Jailor, Ti, Ti, Ts, Tp, Tk, Rt, Rt, Godfather, RM, MS, Nk, any, RN (Apart from vapires? they are un-needed in ranked lol)

3RT is fine in my own experience. Im against an any (and somewhat RN) role since it adds the possibility of multiple NK's in a game which is a lost cause for many towns starting from day 2.
Macspie
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Soulshade55r » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Any isn't broken because it's hardly neutral killing, agreed with RN when you think about it
>Jailor, Ti, Ti, Ts, Tp, Tk, Rt, Rt, Godfather, RM, MS, Nk, NB, NE would be my other one
or
>Jailor, Ti, Ti, Ts, Tp, Tk, Rt, Rt, Godfather, RM, MS, Nk, NE, Any

I feel like 3 random towns is too much.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer