Spiritualist (Neutral Evil)

Old Role Ideas

Spiritualist (Neutral Evil)

Postby BS4125 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:32 am

Spiritualist

Alignment: Neutral Evil
Abilities:
- Transfer your first target's soul to your second target each night.

Attributes:
- If your first target dies, they will instead survive as a revenant in your second target.
- If you or your second target dies, the revenant will be vanquished.
- Your soul transferal will still exist until you switch your target.
- Town roles will fail upon being your first target.
- Revenants cannot be targeted during the day or night.
- You can upkeep at most 1 revenant, new ones will kill the previous.

Stats:
Attack: None
Defense: None
Priority: 3rd

Goal:
Help your revenant achieve it's goal.

Win Condition
You must kill the Town
You win with the Mafia
You win with Serial Killers
You win with Arsonists
You win with Butchers
You win with Shadowalkers
You win with Electricians
You win with Werewolves
You win with Slaughterers
You win with Witches
You win with Warlocks
You win with Stalkers
You win with Necromorphs
You win with Survivors
You may spare anyone else.

Example:
A = Spiritualist
B = Serial Killer
C = Doctor
D = Consort

N1: A targets C and D
The setup to transferal was unsuccessful due to the first target being Town
N2: A targets B and D
The set up to transferal is successful due to the first target being scum
N3: N/A
The set up to transferal done the previous night still exists
D4: The Town lynches B
The souls were transferred and the Serial Killer didn't die but still lives on in D
N4: A targets D and C
The Serial Killer revenant is killed and the new set up to transferal is successful
D5: The Town lynches D
The souls were transferred and the Consort didn't die but still lives on in C
D6: The Town lynches C
Both the Doctor and the Consort revenant died from their souls being joined

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.

Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Re: Spiritualist (Neutral Evil)

Postby ProfessorArceus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:46 am

I have a few problems with this role. Mainly the fact that it will most likely be a Medium claim (I'm assuming those will be invest results).
Also, this role can kill roles very easily, I'm afraid that is is very overpowered. If you see a scum who will be lynched the next day, you take the Town with it. I would also like to know how and when the bound people dies. Is it the day they are hung, the next night? Consider roleblocking the bound target who will be dying, and killing them the next day? What will be the death message?

Overall, it's a nice idea. I've only made a short post here because it's late and I want this to be in the View my Posts section so I can comment later.
I'm your average British fuckup.
Spoiler:
2:27, 'Fuck up Jeremy Corbyn' ~ The average YouTube comments section.

STRONG AND STABLE GOVERNMENT Y'ALL

FM Stuff
Spoiler: I'm not shameless.
ProfessorArceus
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby BS4125 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:52 am

ProfessorArceus wrote:I have a few problems with this role. Mainly the fact that it will most likely be a Medium claim (I'm assuming those will be invest results).
Also, this role can kill roles very easily, I'm afraid that is is very overpowered. If you see a scum who will be lynched the next day, you take the Town with it. I would also like to know how and when the bound people dies. Is it the day they are hung, the next night? Consider roleblocking the bound target who will be dying, and killing them the next day? What will be the death message?

Overall, it's a nice idea. I've only made a short post here because it's late and I want this to be in the View my Posts section so I can comment later.

I think you've understood wrong, this role doesn't kill at all, it actually does the opposite. When it's first target is killed, it actually doesn't die and lives on the the second target's body, still able to perform their role. The second role does not die too, they're still able to live on, but it's that when it second target does die, then the revenant of the first target dies with it

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby ProfessorArceus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:01 am

Spoiler:
BS4125 wrote:
ProfessorArceus wrote:I have a few problems with this role. Mainly the fact that it will most likely be a Medium claim (I'm assuming those will be invest results).

I think you've understood wrong, this role doesn't kill at all, it actually does the opposite. When it's first target is killed, it actually doesn't die and lives on the the second target's body, still able to perform their role. The second role does not die too, they're still able to live on, but it's that when it second target does die, then the revenant of the first target dies with it

So it's a protective Neutral evil? I like the idea, but it seems a bit too powerful like that. See if it was an aggressive Neutral Evil, it wouldn't take the Town's main way of killing. The trial system gives Town an unstoppable daily weapon, and this defeats the point of waiting until day. The protective neutral like this, from what I can see, prevents deaths from the trial.
I suggest a more aggressive neutral, which allows Town to still use their trials, but with a constant possibility that another Town might die too?

Also, wouldn't Jester get fucked if it rolled as the any?

I've probably misunderstood this role again, sorry.

Also, I trust that this doesn't work like the old Disguiser when you say "lives on in the second target's body"?
Spoiler:

FM Stuff
ProfessorArceus
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby BS4125 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:08 am

ProfessorArceus wrote: Spoiler:
BS4125 wrote:

So it's a protective Neutral evil? I like the idea, but it seems a bit too powerful like that. See if it was an aggressive Neutral Evil, it wouldn't take the Town's main way of killing. The trial system gives Town an unstoppable daily weapon, and this defeats the point of waiting until day. The protective neutral like this, from what I can see, prevents deaths from the trial.
I suggest a more aggressive neutral, which allows Town to still use their trials, but with a constant possibility that another Town might die too?

Also, wouldn't Jester get fucked if it rolled as the any?

I've probably misunderstood this role again, sorry.

Also, I trust that this doesn't work like the old Disguiser when you say "lives on in the second target's body"?

It is a more protective NE, but so is Jester and Executioner in that regard as they both prevent lynches of actual scum. Probably needs another nerf, I'll look into it

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby ProfessorArceus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:11 am

Also didn't you make a role with a similar name? Would it be a problem if they both got into tg or the game?
Spoiler:

FM Stuff
ProfessorArceus
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby BS4125 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:13 am

ProfessorArceus wrote:Also didn't you make a role with a similar name? Would it be a problem if they both got into tg or the game?

I'm abandoning the old one because however much I try to make it not confirmable it destroys core mechanics

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby ProfessorArceus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:18 am

BS4125 wrote:
ProfessorArceus wrote:Also didn't you make a role with a similar name? Would it be a problem if they both got into tg or the game?

I'm abandoning the old one because however much I try to make it not confirmable it destroys core mechanics

Oh, R. I. P.

Also, with regards to your statement about Jesters and Executioners, I'd like to say that their actions do not directly protect Scum. While they use these means to achieve their goal, their actions do not directly involve protection of Scum. Also with the new Jester Overhaul, hopefully Jester will no longer be NE.
Spoiler:

FM Stuff
ProfessorArceus
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby roz1roz » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:33 am

/support
roz1roz
Civilian
Civilian

Postby roz1roz » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:38 am

Actualy it's simlar to Nercomorph, cause it allows dead scum to still perform theirs role.

It still is slightly weaker then it cause Spiritualist does not adapt the defense of it's target.
On the other side lookouts/trackers can't really see it, cause he does not perform action instead of the scum. Scum does it, cause they still "live" bound to someone.

Generaly very interesting concept.
roz1roz
Civilian
Civilian

Postby BS4125 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:02 pm

roz1roz wrote:Actualy it's simlar to Nercomorph, cause it allows dead scum to still perform theirs role.

It still is slightly weaker then it cause Spiritualist does not adapt the defense of it's target.
On the other side lookouts/trackers can't really see it, cause he does not perform action instead of the scum. Scum does it, cause they still "live" bound to someone.

Generaly very interesting concept.

And also nothing can happen to the revenant except killing, where it is twice more likely to die

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby lemonader666 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:34 pm

/support, really good concept of a Neutral Protective for scum.

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby roz1roz » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:46 am

I'm thinking of actualy increasing number of max. revenants (?)
roz1roz
Civilian
Civilian

Postby BS4125 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:10 pm

roz1roz wrote:I'm thinking of actualy increasing number of max. revenants (?)

Hmm... I'm not sure. I'll have to think about it

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby ProfessorArceus » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:10 am

BS4125 wrote:
roz1roz wrote:I'm thinking of actualy increasing number of max. revenants (?)

Hmm... I'm not sure. I'll have to think about it

Having multiple revenants could prove to be too powerful. While it work better as a protective, it can save too many scum, unless the maximum number of revenants is gained very slowly. Plus how would that work? With the normal Witch/Trans menu, only 2 people may be selected.
Spoiler:

FM Stuff
ProfessorArceus
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby kiera26 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:05 pm

It seems kinda confusing but interesting
kiera26

Postby Shilster » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:26 am

Question.

What if the second target is Esc/Cons/Trans, and the first is Spy/BM/Jailor,
and when the first target dies, they live on as the second?
Do the second's invest results change?

Also, if Mafioso attacks the first target (ex. Jester), and your target second target is a Mafia (ex. Consort), then will they know that their Consort has disappeared from their window?
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby BS4125 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:56 am

Shilster wrote:Question.

What if the second target is Esc/Cons/Trans, and the first is Spy/BM/Jailor,
and when the first target dies, they live on as the second?
Do the second's invest results change?

Also, if Mafioso attacks the first target (ex. Jester), and your target second target is a Mafia (ex. Consort), then will they know that their Consort has disappeared from their window?

1) No the Investigation Results don't change
2) I don't think this role should give feedback like that to make it as unconfirmable as possible

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Shilster » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:25 am

If the first "dies", will the body die?
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby BS4125 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:40 am

Shilster wrote:If the first "dies", will the body die?

Yes it will

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Shilster » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:52 am

So, it's basically a harder-to-play Transporter?
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Return to Role Idea Archives