Soul-Binder (Neutral Chaos)

Old Role Ideas

Soul-Binder (Neutral Chaos)

Postby sh99er » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:48 pm

(This is a repost as I sorta wanna give it a new try)

Name: Soul-Binder

-You are a monk who became obsessed with peoples souls and dark magic-

Alignment: Neutral Chaos

Abilities: Bind peoples souls and fate together

Attributes: Each night select some one, what ever happens to one person will happen to the next, this will create a chain. If everybody in the town is bound, you will win. once everyone in the town is bound they will be told and then they have that 1 day to lynch you. If they cant, you win.

Special Attributes: Bind immune, Role-block immune, Unique

Goal: bind everyone together and win alone

Win Conditions: wins with no one. (well, jesters and exe can win but you know). Wins all draws as well.

Investigative Results: Invest - Your target waits for the perfect time to strike they must be a sheriff, exe, Soul-binder or WW(i dunno really :\)
Consig - Your target ties fate together as if it was nothing! They must be a Soul-Binder!
Sheriff - your target is a Soul-Binder!

Additional Information: The only things that wont happen to all is thinks like transporting, disguising, amne remembering, execution, lynching, pirate (but all will be attacked if they lose to pirate), Jester guilt, vigilante guilt

Sample text -
You have been bound to a soul chain!!
Some one joined the soul chain!
You have decided to bind ___ to your soul chain tonight.
Some one on the chain died from _____! You died!
Some one on the chain was attacked by a _____ but a bodyguard saved them! (could remove this going on everyone)
Some one on the chain was attacked but they where healed! (Could remove this going on everyone)
Some one on the chain was (role-blocked, blackmailed etc) so you where too!
Some one on the chain was attacked by ____ but your defense value was too high!
A Soul-binder has bound you all! You have today to lynch them or your souls shall be ripped out!
___ is Role, role or role! but they where bound to this -
someone is a role, role or role! (or it will also say but they where bound to this - )
___ is (Mafia / Coven / Non-sus / Sk / Ww) but they where bound to a - (Mafia / Coven / Non-sus / Sk / Ww)
The soul-binder is dead! You where set free!

Gameplay -
N1 SB selects A (Vigilante)
N2 SB selects B (Sheriff)
N3 SB selects C (Serial Killer) as investigator checks A.
N3 Invest gets A is a Vig/ Mafi / Vet but they where bount to a Sheriff / Ww / Exe but they where bound to a Sk / Doc / Disguiser
N4 SB selects D (Jester) as A Shoots D
N4 A, B and D all die to Vigilante. Serial killer was attacked but didnt die.

Lore: (some time in the future)

(this is a recreation of my old role called binder AND a repost)

Edits -
15/7/2017 (4:11 am)
Removed night immunity
Last edited by sh99er on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

After agreeing that as Godfather id have my mafioso make food for me, here was a funny response.
Jezz wrote:Godfather: mafioso, make me a sandwich
Mafioso: ...we kinda should kill one of our enemies tonight sir
Godfather: no I'm hungry fuck you
sh99er
Spy
Spy

Location: When I'm at my home....London...when I'm at boarding school...hell.

Re: Soul-Binder (Neutral Chaos)

Postby Thegummyunicorn » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:37 pm

It's rather overpowered, with night immunity, roleblock immunity, and the ability to kill multiple people indirectly. Near the end of the game, the soul binder could win quite easily since there would be a smaller number of people in the town. I suggest you nerf it a bit more, possibly do something like remove roleblock or night immunity.
Many times over, I repeated this process.
If I could part with my consciousness,
I don’t need it, I don’t need anything!
Only, I will fall into deep slumber today as well...

-I Sleep Well, by After the Rain.

Thegummyunicorn
Survivor
Survivor

Postby sh99er » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:59 pm

Thegummyunicorn wrote:It's rather overpowered, with night immunity, roleblock immunity, and the ability to kill multiple people indirectly. Near the end of the game, the soul binder could win quite easily since there would be a smaller number of people in the town. I suggest you nerf it a bit more, possibly do something like remove roleblock or night immunity.

I was thinking that. it was a bit op. So night immunity or role-block immunity. What do you think should go?
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

After agreeing that as Godfather id have my mafioso make food for me, here was a funny response.
sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby Thegummyunicorn » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:05 pm

sh99er wrote:
Thegummyunicorn wrote:It's rather overpowered, with night immunity, roleblock immunity, and the ability to kill multiple people indirectly. Near the end of the game, the soul binder could win quite easily since there would be a smaller number of people in the town. I suggest you nerf it a bit more, possibly do something like remove roleblock or night immunity.

I was thinking that. it was a bit op. So night immunity or role-block immunity. What do you think should go?

I think night immunity would be better. If you're a smart player, getting killed near the first one or two days shouldn't be a problem, and it'll balance it out at the end of the game since the binder can be killed instead of just having to lynch somebody.
Many times over, I repeated this process.
If I could part with my consciousness,
I don’t need it, I don’t need anything!
Only, I will fall into deep slumber today as well...

-I Sleep Well, by After the Rain.

Thegummyunicorn
Survivor
Survivor

Postby sh99er » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:11 pm

Night immunity has been removed
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby sh99er » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:35 am

So any more feedback?
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby sh99er » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:48 am

JGaming08 wrote:This is a very, very, VERY complicated role, it would be hard for new players to understand.

Summary -
Each player chosen will share all non-game breaking effects with all other chosen people. This effect goes when the SB dies.
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby Mystoc » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:49 am

Attributes: Each night select some one, what ever happens to one person will happen to the next, this will create a chain.

how does this work with TI like sheriff and inves do you check them all and get a list of roles?

jailor couldn't possibly work with this

tp with this effect sounds very very well funny i'm imagining crusader guarding 4 people houses at once

well i do agree this role would cause chaos i dont think its works for the game its it does its chaos jobs to well and and make games very swingy and unfun i think

this role promotes just not using your ability till the end of the game so you can get an easy win and go unnoticed till the end of the game

usually a role wins condition should promote it to use its ability this does not cause the ability draws to much attention to it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its actually very funny i though this role was very strong till i read this line

once everyone in the town is bound they will be told and then they have that 1 day to lynch you. If they cant, you win.

think how often pestilence is hung the day after its becomes the role and then proceeds to get lynched the next day it cause everyone puts aside there difference to kill the overpowered role that cant be killed during the night

your role is 10x worse cause not getting you means the game ends if you bound everyone alive odds are there are not alot people are alive so they will almost definitely be able to figure out who you are, 90% of the time this role will just get hung the night after it binds everyone's soul

you shpuld make it have to wait a day to win but not announce to everyone all there souls are bound

even then you have this very swingy chaos role and then this impossible win condition they are very contrasting and i dont think its balance it is a intresting role though!
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby sh99er » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:51 am

Mystoc wrote:
Attributes: Each night select some one, what ever happens to one person will happen to the next, this will create a chain.

how does this work with TI like sheriff and inves do you check them all and get a list of roles? I put examples

jailor couldn't possibly work with this Ik thats why its an effect that cant happen

tp with this effect sounds very very well funny i'm imagining crusader guarding 4 people houses at once Could be removed if needs be

well i do agree this role would cause chaos i dont think its works for the game its it does its chaos jobs to well and and make games very swingy and unfun i think

this role promotes just not using your ability till the end of the game so you can get an easy win and go unnoticed till the end of the game

usually a role wins condition should promote it to use its ability this does not cause the ability draws to much attention to it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its actually very funny i though this role was very strong till i read this line

once everyone in the town is bound they will be told and then they have that 1 day to lynch you. If they cant, you win.

think how often pestilence is hung the day after its becomes the role and then proceeds to get lynched the next day it cause everyone puts aside there difference to kill the overpowered role that cant be killed during the night

your role is 10x worse cause not getting you means the game ends if you bound everyone alive odds are there are not alot people are alive so they will almost definitely be able to figure out who you are, 90% of the time this role will just get hung the night after it binds everyone's soul

you shpuld make it have to wait a day to win but not announce to everyone all there souls are bound

even then you have this very swingy chaos role and then this impossible win condition they are very contrasting and i dont think its balance it is a intresting role though!

So you want me to -
Make its announcement wait a day

Anything else? (also thanks i guess xD)

also a few answers in bold
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Return to Role Idea Archives