SFM29 | Make A Mafia | GAME OVER (Moles + Rogue Agents Win)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

SFM29 | Make A Mafia | GAME OVER (Moles + Rogue Agents Win)

Postby ZSSDistortion » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:13 pm

SFM 29: Make A Mafia

We're All Mafiascum Now

Credit goes to the original Bulbagarden setup for the idea.

Basic Rules(non-mechanic related)
Spoiler: 0) FM Rules. Follow them or something spooky happens to you, and not in the good way.

1) Inactivity: If a player hasn't posted in the thread within 36 hours, the host will prod them for inactivity. If they do not respond to the prod within 18 hours of it being sent, they will be replaced. If you recieve a prod, the timer to post is lowered to 24 hours before a second prod. Receiving two prods will result in an automatic replacement. Posts must be productive to the game as determined by the moderator and anything else will be seen as prod dodging and will not reset the prod timer.

2) Be Respectful: ZSSDistortion and the FM Moderators will not tolerate any homophobic, racist, sexist, or any otherwise discriminatory behavior. Any type of behavior like this will be punished by being forcibly replaced. Remember that this is a game and if you feel that you're too on edge, take a break from it. ZSSDistortion or an FM Moderator will step in and ask people to calm down if it starts getting too heated. So please, refrain from personal attacks.

3) Gamethrowing: Any attempt to intentionally make your faction lose the game will result in being blacklisted from future games. This includes shooting a revealed Mayor as a Vigilante or executing a confirmed Town member as a Jailor. All your actions must be done with the goal of winning as your faction and have a clear, logical explanation for your actions. This can include Jesting. Due to the nature of this game, if you have any questions about actions you are going to carry out or anything regarding your role then PM ZSSDistortion with your questions.

4) Spam: Do not post multiple times in a row if it can be avoided. It detracts from the game and makes it harder for people to catch up. Use quotes and spoilers to make one large post instead of many small ones as well as using the preview function to look at your post before posting it. You know who you are. The FM Mods will spoiler excessively long posts at their own discretion.

5) No Outside Communication: Do not use outside methods of communication to disclose your role or any other similar information about this game to another player. Only the Mafia and specific roles are able to discuss the game outside the game thread with my permission. Dead players may only speak to dead players. Breaking this rule will result in being blacklisted from future games if discovered.

6) Last Wills, Deathnotes, and Night Actions: Last Wills and Deathnotes are not in play this game. Be sure to label all PMs to ZSSDistortion accordingly or you risk the chance that I'll miss the PM and not process whatever you wanted done. The proper way to label them is:

SFM29 Day Action
SFM29 Night Action

7) Whispers: There will be no whispers this game.

8) Codes: No codes or encryptions of any form are allowed, apart from signals. PM me if you are unsure if something would be considered a code.

9) Mod Messages:Do not quote any mod messages you are sent privately. This includes quoting role-cards. Paraphrasing is permitted.

10) Flavor: Flavor posted in the game thread and not in PM responses should not be used to infer anything or support arguments as it is as the title implies, flavor text.

11) Fun: The most important rule is to have fun because this is a game and shouldn't be treated as anything aside from that.

Full list of game mechanics:

TL:DR of game mechanics (recommended to read the google doc if you have time):
Spoiler:
  • Days are 120 hours and nights are 48 hours. There is a Day 1 lynch.
  • Pick a role from the Mafiascum role list below and it is given to a player in the game
  • Roles are Mafiascum variants, roles normally night immune like SK and GF aren't
  • Majority of roles except Neutral based roles can be any alignment
  • Rolecards may recieve hidden modifiers and are revealed on death(modifier included)
  • Roles may be rerolled depending on circumstances
  • Linked roles must have 2 of that role in game to function properly
  • Do not claim what role you suggested in thread
  • You can try and balance the game a bit if you want but gl with that

List of Mafiascum roles available to be picked:

Spoiler: Absorber
Arsonist
Ascetic
Beloved Princess
Bodyguard
Bomb
Bulletproof
Bus Driver
Captain
Commuter
Cop
Deathproof
Doctor
Doublevoter
Dreaming God
Enabler
Executioner
FBI Agent
Firefighter
Fisherman
Follower
Forensic Investigator
Framer
Friendly Neighbour
Gladiator
Godfather
Governor
Gunsmith
Hider
Innocent Child
Inventor
Jack-of-all-Trades
Janitor
Jester
Judas
Lie Detector
Lightning Rod
Lover
Lyncher
Lynchproof
Mailman
Miller
Motivator
Nexus
Ninja
Oracle
Psychiatrist
Redirector
Restless Spirit
Role Cop
Roleblocker
Rolestopper
Sensor
Serial Killer
Sidekick
Strongman
Suicidal Townie
Suicide Bomber
Survivor
Switch
Tracker
Traitor
Tree Stump
Universal Backup
Unlyncher
Vampire
Vengeful
Vigilante
Vote Thief
Voteless
Voyeur
Watcher

Sample rolecard
Spoiler:
CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTATION

Agent Code Name: ZSSDistortion

This agent is a member of the Forum Mafia Federation.

FILE PHOTO:

Assigned Role: Overlord

Overlord Specifications: Each phase you may smite a player using the /smite [player] command. This will instantly kill the player on the spot. You may also check somebody's alignment at night and are also immune at night.

Unbeknownst to this player, any alignments they received were the opposite of the true alignments of their targets.

You win with the Forum Mafia Federation.
You must kill the Moles.
You must kill hostile Rogue Agents.
You may spare anyone else.

Role list
Spoiler: Image

If you have any more questions about the game, ask me in a PM or in the thread and I'll do my best to answer them.

Live Playerlist

2) JammySplodge
4) JackoDerp
8) EvilDeanius0
13) cmitc1 AtEPrincess
15) CatgirlAzuki Icibalus
16) Dragonfire77111
17) Bottlenose
20) mdb1023

Assimilated (Graveyard)
Actual game balance LUL
5) Elbmuh - Blew himself up Day 1 - Suicide Bomber
18) taylork2 - Blown up by Elbmuh Day 1 - Inventor
9) leyva45 - Lynched Day 1 - Gladiator
14) TheParanoidAndroid - Killed Night 1 by the Moles - Lightning Rod
10) chitownmvp01 - Lynched Day 2 - Fisherman
1) Schultz128 - Lynched Day 3 - Lie Detector
11) TrueGent - Killed Night 3 by the Moles - Tree Stump
3) TeamMystic ChubbyMooshroom9 - Killed Night 3 by a Vigilante - Tree Stump
6) xUltiix - Lynched Day 4 - Inventor
7) lucky333123 - Killed Night 4 by the Moles - Lie Detector
19) heytheregirl17 - Killed Night 5 by the Moles - Dreaming God
12) CatgirlMaple ElusiveBelle - Killed Day 6 by an Executioner - Judas

ISOS
Spoiler: ZSSDistortion [Host]
Metrion [Nerd]

Schultz128
JammySplodge
TeamMystic ChubbyMooshroom9
JackoDerp
Elbmuh
xUltiix
lucky333123
EvilDeanius0
leyva45
chitownmvp01
TrueGent
CatgirlMaple ElusiveBelle
cmitc1 AtEPrincess
TheParanoidAndroid
CatgirlAzuki Icibalus
Dragonfire77111
Bottlenose
taylork2
heytheregirl17
mdb1023

Timeline
Spoiler: Day 1 End
Day 2 Beginning
Day 2 End
Day 3 Beginning
Day 3 End
Day 4 Beginning
Day 4 End
Day 5 Beginning
Day 5 End
Day 6 Beginning
Day 6 End
Last edited by ZSSDistortion on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:24 am, edited 31 times in total.

FM Record
17-13-1
ZSSDistortion
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: SFM29 | Make A Mafia (Setup)

Postby ZSSDistortion » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:14 pm

Game is being setup with alignments, roles and other stuff. Sit tight whilst I get these ready and the game will start soon. Do not post until Day 1 starts if the thread is unlocked.

Rolecards will be sent when they are ready.

FM Record
17-13-1
ZSSDistortion
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby ZSSDistortion » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:58 pm

Alignments and players for the roles have been rolled, I'll start sending rolecards in a few minutes.

this is gonna be a fun game

FM Record
17-13-1
ZSSDistortion
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby ZSSDistortion » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Just as a heads up, if you have a broken image in your rolecard at any time don't worry about it. It has no bearing on the game whatsoever.

FM Record
17-13-1
ZSSDistortion
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby ZSSDistortion » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:13 pm

Remind me to never make a game with randomising alignments again.

All rolecards are sent out. I will be starting the game shortly, however you may not get a votecount for a few hours as I'll be sleeping. Get ready to lose your sanity folks, this is gonna be a wild ride.

Do not post until day starts.

FM Record
17-13-1
ZSSDistortion
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby heytheregirl17 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:16 pm

Okay, first off...
Someone has a twisted sense of humor.

vote tpa
heytheregirl17 wrote:Y'all trust me when it comes to matters of protecting ourselves from aliens

I'm not sure whether that says more about me or you guys
heytheregirl17
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Location: respawining at phylactery, please wait... (CST, UST-6)

Postby heytheregirl17 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:16 pm

Oh ffs sorry *facepalm*
heytheregirl17 wrote:Y'all trust me when it comes to matters of protecting ourselves from aliens

heytheregirl17
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby ZSSDistortion » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:17 pm

DO NOT POST UNTIL DAY STARTS

FM Record
17-13-1
ZSSDistortion
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: SFM29 | Make A Mafia - Day 1 (Traitors Among Us)

Postby ZSSDistortion » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:21 pm

Side note: Flavour is just for fun, no flavour arguments in the actual game please.

Prologue Spoiler: In the ToS branch of the FM Federation headquarters one weekend, all was quiet. Nothing could be heard apart from the quiet hum of the lights left on at night. The majority of the staff had departed to attend an important conference concerning certain problems in FM games and the standard at which they were being run. The few staff who did remain continued to keep necessary features online at daytime and had left afterwards at night. All except one.

Down in the bowels of the headquarters was the abandoned sector where roles and other unsavory ToS subjects went to die. In the room at the end of the eerily quiet corridor was the laboratory, where the resident doctor would experiment on roles and mechanics assigned to him by the high ranks of the Federation. He went by the name of Doctor Z, however a few people claimed to know his true identity. That Sunday night, he had no assignments so he decided to conduct his experiments on a batch of people who had been quietly communicating with each other, like a network of secret agents.

The Spies had been here for a short time, so unlike a few other people representing different roles they were still sane… and alive. Doctor Z had been working overtime over the last few weeks to perfect the latest, most ambitious batch of his serums yet to test on the Spies, and at long last he had finished it. 21 vials of genetically engineered serum designed to radically alter the Spies in ways they couldn’t imagine. Once he had prepared syringes, he crept up to the holding cell the Spies were in and knocked on the cell door. “Alright rejects, who’s ready for a dose of crazy tonight?”, the mad doctor spoke like a lunatic. Immediately, the Spies fell silent and turned their heads to the Doctor. They didn’t appear to show resistance at first, but like a bolt from the blue they began to frantically worry about being the subjects of human experimentation. Whilst Doctor Z got away with being able to experiment on mechanics, insane people and even dead people, the spies had only recently been ditched from FM in the ToS branch. But their worry only culminated in a deathly silence, as they suddenly crumpled to the floor once the Doctor threw a modified sleeping gas device into the cell. With a deafening clank, the cell door opened and the sleeping spies were injected one by one with the mad doctors serums.

However, Doctor Z made a fatal error with the one vial of Overlord-type serum he used as the spy it was used on immediately began to convulse and move in horrifying ways until he was alive no more. Doctor Z didn’t notice the body as he gleefully celebrated the successful administration of the serums to the altered Spies. After taking a sip of black coffee, he continued to work on a new all-purpose serum to present to the high ranks of the Federation overnight.

But on Monday when the staff returned, one of the moderators entered the abandoned sector to check on the subjects and discovered that whilst 20 of them had woken up, 1 was peacefully rotting away, distant from the other subjects who had no desire to be near the corpse. Immediately, they knew the culprit and busted down the door to Doctor Z’s laboratory. “Doc, we’ve been lenient with your shenanigans for far too long, but now your time is up. Come with me.” The doctor was confused at first, wondering what went wrong until he saw the pale body of the Overlord victim. His expression changed from confusion to glee. “Come on now, I managed to give 20 other people the serum without side effects, so what’s the problem?” Without hesitation, the moderator knocked the Doctor out and dragged him out of the abandoned sector.

A tribunal was held the following Wednesday where Doctor Z was found guilty of manslaughter for the death of the Overlord victim. He was blacklisted indefinitely from the FM Federation as a whole due to this and told to never return to FM at all. But despite all this, Doctor Z felt no remorse. He even felt joy as he drove away from the HQ in his car. He had managed to smuggle the experimental serum he had developed out of the base under the watchful eyes of the moderators, and he was now free to do whatever he wanted. But he wasn’t done with the Federation yet. He still had one trick up his sleeve, but for the time being, he would wait. A few of the serums he administered were… “unique”, in the words of the lunatic doctor who was now far away from the base. The clock was ticking for the FM Federation.

Today, 11:30pm
Spoiler: Around a year later, it was business as usual in the ToS branch of the FM Federation. A few incidents had occurred here and there but there was nothing too significant which had happened over the year. Tonight, everyone was working overtime to prepare the next SFM for their players. The atmosphere was moody as the majority of workers didn’t want to be working this late, but they knew they had to so they could get paid so they sat at their computers typing away all night. However, at 11:30 PM the ban evasion alarm was sounded, which instantly caused all the workers and mods to flee the building in fear of being murdered by a blacklisted person. As a result of this, the cells in the abandoned sector also opened, which caused everyone to rush towards the exit of the building. Everyone except the Spies, of course. They were given bracelets to keep track of their newfound abilities which would notify the moderators if they escaped the building. After a few minutes, the building went on lockdown so nobody could get in or out, much to the Spies disappointment. As they got up to the main office, they immediately noticed an odd message plastered across all of the computer screens:

“Greetings ToS branch.
If you are reading this message right now, you can probably guess who is this. That’s right, it's your old pal Doctor Z! Now, I don’t want to beat around the bush for too long so I’ll get straight to the point. Among the Spies you have, a number of them work for me willingly now. Don’t ask why or how, I just gave them a better offer than what they were currently doing, which was languishing in your cramped cells. These moles are gonna bring me all the data in your computers and the building itself, and they have a secret network which they’ll use to talk with each other without anyone here noticing. They also have access to the… wait, I shouldn’t mention that. Then everyone could kill each other easily. Now, I await the return of my precious Moles and my data. Good luck… NOT.
-Doctor Z”

The spies instantly looked at each other. Eyes darted across the room, shocked by this sudden turn of events. The Federation spies didn’t know who was on their side, but they were determined to bring Doctor Z and the Moles to justice. The Moles had now sworn loyalty to the crazy doctor and would murder every last Federation agent if it meant fulfilling his goal. There were even a few rogue agents who had decided to escape the building regardless of what the Federation and Moles did. With the modifications given to them by the serums, it was do or die now. It was time to decide the future of the Federation.

Day 1 begins!
The day will end at 1am BST on the 16th of June. There is a Day 1 lynch.

Reminder to not say what roles you suggested in the thread.

Last edited by ZSSDistortion on Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

FM Record
17-13-1
ZSSDistortion
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby heytheregirl17 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:23 pm

well thank goodness I'm lynch proof, you can't memewagon me for it =P

heytheregirl17
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby cmitc1 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:24 pm

/vote cow i am the true got here
cmitc1
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:24 pm

/vote JackoDerp

Easiest decision in my FM career.

heytheregirl17 wrote:well thank goodness I'm lynch proof, you can't memewagon me for it =P

Does something bad happen if I vote you?

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:25 pm

No early gladiating please (*looks at HTG*). I hope nobody suggested that role. Don't want it getting into the wrong hands.

Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby heytheregirl17 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:26 pm

chitownmvp01 wrote:/vote JackoDerp

Easiest decision in my FM career.

heytheregirl17 wrote:well thank goodness I'm lynch proof, you can't memewagon me for it =P

Does something bad happen if I vote you?

I omgus vote you

chitownmvp01 wrote:No early gladiating please (*looks at HTG*). I hope nobody suggested that role. Don't want it getting into the wrong hands.

dammit

heytheregirl17
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:26 pm

Vote Jacko then.

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby heytheregirl17 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:27 pm

JackoDerp wrote:My role is a hearty meme

/vote HTG

Prove it.

I warned you.
/vote jackoderp
I'm also a triplevoter

heytheregirl17
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby heytheregirl17 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:28 pm

CatgirlMaple wrote:
chitownmvp01 wrote:No early gladiating please (*looks at HTG*). I hope nobody suggested that role. Don't want it getting into the wrong hands.

/gladiate chit

/dayvig catgirl

heytheregirl17
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:29 pm

heytheregirl17 wrote:
JackoDerp wrote:My role is a hearty meme

/vote HTG

Prove it.

I warned you.
/vote jackoderp
I'm also a triplevoter

Well that will be proven/disproven soon.

CatgirlMaple wrote:

/gladiate chit

This better be a joke.

heytheregirl17 wrote:
CatgirlMaple wrote:

/gladiate chit

/dayvig catgirl

Good idea! :D

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby heytheregirl17 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:31 pm

I told myself I was only going to bluff at a level that equals the sum of vfm12v2 and sfm26 this game

heytheregirl17
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:31 pm

CatgirlMaple wrote:/vote chitownmvp01

You've been a naughty neko, haven't you?

CatgirlMaple wrote:

/gladiate chit

This should get you coal for Christmas.

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:31 pm

heytheregirl17 wrote:I told myself I was only going to bluff at a level that equals the sum of vfm12v2 and sfm26 this game

lol

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby heytheregirl17 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:32 pm

chitownmvp01 wrote:
CatgirlMaple wrote:/vote chitownmvp01

You've been a naughty neko, haven't you?

CatgirlMaple wrote:

/gladiate chit

This should get you coal for Christmas.

@Santa verdict on this?

heytheregirl17
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:33 pm

We'll find out postgame.

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby heytheregirl17 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:36 pm

JackoDerp wrote:
heytheregirl17 wrote:I told myself I was only going to bluff at a level that equals the sum of vfm12v2 and sfm26 this game

I'm going to shank you

No you're not I'm also infinite shot bulletproof

heytheregirl17
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:36 pm

HTG are you every role that can exist?

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Next

Return to Game Threads