46%
Its great!
25%

Total votes : 24

Hunter (Neutral Benign)

Postby sh99er » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:02 pm

Name: Hunter

Alignment: Neutral Benign

Abilities: Find your given target and kill them.

Attributes: At the start of the game you are told the role of your target, this can be any role that is not night immune. Each night you will check some one and it will say "This person is your target" OR "This person isn't your target". You will be informed if your target dies.

Special Attributes: Immunity piercing on target, bite immune, night immune. (only a jailor can save your target, bg will kill you but your target will die, doc wont save your target)

Goal: Hunt down and kill your target

Win Conditions: Wins with anyone once they kill their target (Could also be - kill your target and see your targets faction lose)

Investigative Results: Sheriff: Not sus
Invest: Vig / Vet / Mafioso / Hunter
Consig: Your target is hunting some one down, they must be a Hunter.

Additional Information: How this works - If your target is killed at night by anyone other than you, the killer is your new target. Of course, you will only know the role of the killer. And to add on, if more than one person kill the target, the power of who your new target will become is Town, Mafia, Neutral. If your target is lynched its down to the power system again. If you find your target then kill them but some one else killed them at the same time, the other killer will become your target (This can be removed).
If by the odd chance your target dies to a BG or a Jester (or their own quilt) You get a random target within the faction of the killer (so neutral for jester, town for vig / bg)
This was changed from NC to NB as it can win with all sides and have to kill any role from any side

Sample Text -
You are being hunted (for the target at N1 or if they killed the huntress's target)
You where found by a hunter! (When the hunter first finds you)
You where hunted down and killed by a Huner! (when you where killed)
You have decided to check if ____ is your target.
The person was not your target.
The person is your target! Tomorrow you will kill them!
You killed your target! You have completed your goal!
You went to kill your target, but a ____ killed them instead and has become your new target!(This can be removed)
Your target was ____ but they where killed! (when your target dies)
____ was found last night, he was skinned by a Hunter.

Lore:
Last edited by sh99er on Tue May 02, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

After agreeing that as Godfather id have my mafioso make food for me, here was a funny response.
Jezz wrote:Godfather: mafioso, make me a sandwich
Mafioso: ...we kinda should kill one of our enemies tonight sir
Godfather: no I'm hungry fuck you
sh99er
Spy
Spy

Location: When I'm at my home....London...when I'm at boarding school...hell.

Re: Huntress (Neutral Chaos)

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:13 pm

Huntress is specifically female, whereas 'Hunter' is just a 'person' who hunts.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby sh99er » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:15 pm

HereThereEverywhere wrote:Huntress is specifically female, whereas 'Hunter' is just a 'person' who hunts.

Well, yeah i know but for some reason, i put huntress. Eh ill change it if more people comment on it. Other than that, anything about the role itself?
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

After agreeing that as Godfather id have my mafioso make food for me, here was a funny response.
sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby Gregreat » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:47 pm

I have a few points to raise here.

sh99er wrote:If your target is killed at night by anyone other than you, the killer is your new target.

This sounds like it's impossible for the Hunter (because I agree with HereThereEverywhere that that's a better name) to lose, since they'll always have a target to find.
I do support the idea of the killer becoming a target, but limiting the number of times this transfer can occur really puts pressure on the Hunter. Maybe...if your first target is killed, the killer becomes your target; if the second target dies, the Hunter fails*? This could even be accompanied by a suicide, since it seems that roles that don't do their job right in this game immediately turn to suicide (witness Vig and Exe).

*This could also go to three targets before the Hunter fails, but that seems like a bit much IMO.

sh99er wrote:At the start of the game you are told the role of your target, this can be any role to start with.

This sounds okay at first...until you consider the poor NK who gets targeted right at the start. I would say that the original target must be a Town role, so this is less initially punishing to scum (who, quite frankly, have enough to deal with when they're not being targeted by an immunity-piercing killer). In fact, with this proposed change, it might even be moved to Neutral Evil...

sh99er wrote:If you find your target then kill them but some one else killed them at the same time, the other killer will become your target.

This...this upsets me, because if you've already found your target and killed them, you should get your win, not have to chase down someone else.

sh99er wrote:You where found by a huntress! (When the huntress first finds you)
You where hunted down and killed by a Huntress! (when you where killed)

This confuses me, since it makes it sound as though the Hunter doesn't kill their target the same night they find them. Does that mean that the Hunter has to separately choose whether to check to see if someone is their target or kill them? Does this mean that the Hunter can select to kill someone who isn't their target? Or is it that someone the Hunter checks who isn't their target recieves the first message? This raises so many questions!
Signature is closed pending a request for "subtle gay". If anyone can offer subtle gay to my signature, feel free to PM me.
Gregreat
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby sh99er » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:01 pm

Gregreat wrote:I have a few points to raise here.

sh99er wrote:If your target is killed at night by anyone other than you, the killer is your new target.

This sounds like it's impossible for the Hunter (because I agree with HereThereEverywhere that that's a better name) to lose, since they'll always have a target to find.
I do support the idea of the killer becoming a target, but limiting the number of times this transfer can occur really puts pressure on the Hunter. Maybe...if your first target is killed, the killer becomes your target; if the second target dies, the Hunter fails*? This could even be accompanied by a suicide, since it seems that roles that don't do their job right in this game immediately turn to suicide (witness Vig and Exe). So what your saying is put a limit on how many times it can change? If so, ill think about it

*This could also go to three targets before the Hunter fails, but that seems like a bit much IMO.

sh99er wrote:At the start of the game you are told the role of your target, this can be any role to start with.

This sounds okay at first...until you consider the poor NK who gets targeted right at the start. I would say that the original target must be a Town role, so this is less initially punishing to scum (who, quite frankly, have enough to deal with when they're not being targeted by an immunity-piercing killer). In fact, with this proposed change, it might even be moved to Neutral Evil...Good point, ill make it any role that is not night immune (this will still make some neutrals and maf a possible target

sh99er wrote:If you find your target then kill them but some one else killed them at the same time, the other killer will become your target.

This...this upsets me, because if you've already found your target and killed them, you should get your win, not have to chase down someone else.I could remove this

sh99er wrote:You where found by a huntress! (When the huntress first finds you)
You where hunted down and killed by a Huntress! (when you where killed)

This confuses me, since it makes it sound as though the Hunter doesn't kill their target the same night they find them. Does that mean that the Hunter has to separately choose whether to check to see if someone is their target or kill them? Does this mean that the Hunter can select to kill someone who isn't their target? Or is it that someone the Hunter checks who isn't their target recieves the first message? This raises so many questions! Ok so if you visit your target N2, they get the "You where found by a huntress!", Then the Huntress will have to revisit the target the next night to kill said target.

commented in red
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Re: Hunter (Neutral Chaos)

Postby sh99er » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:27 pm

Name changed to Hunter.
Starting target cannot be an immune role.
Highlighted in red what could be removed
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby sh99er » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:02 am

Bump
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby sh99er » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:08 am

Any feedback? like....come on
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby sh99er » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:09 am

Any feedback? like....come on
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby Bodhrak » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:08 am

This seems about as interesting as VH.
Just go down the list, until you find your target. Kill it the next night. Wait out the rest of the game.
May be sped up by people claiming roles, but the hunter has little interest pointing out if claims are true...
Unlike VH you gave this night-immunity, but this doesn't change much. Once someone attacks you and points out your immunity, you will be lynched/roleblocked/executed by jailor.
You can call me Bod.
No, that's not my real name. Thanks for asking.
Bodhrak
Witch
Witch

Postby sh99er » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:28 am

Bodhrak wrote:This seems about as interesting as VH.
Just go down the list, until you find your target. Kill it the next night. Wait out the rest of the game.
May be sped up by people claiming roles, but the hunter has little interest pointing out if claims are true...
Unlike VH you gave this night-immunity, but this doesn't change much. Once someone attacks you and points out your immunity, you will be lynched/roleblocked/executed by jailor.

Well of course any immune role will be killed, also, your target changed about so i it isnt as simple, unless you got lucky N1

And instead of just giving a opinion of how interesting it is and the fact it has night immunity....could you give some pointers, if it isnt good, tell me what to change.
Number of targets? Abilities? like what?
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Re: Hunter (Neutral Benign)

Postby sh99er » Tue May 02, 2017 3:34 pm

Edited
- Changed to NB as requested in messages
- A 2nd possible goal was put up
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby timurtheking » Tue May 02, 2017 3:38 pm

sh99er wrote:Edited
- Changed to NB as requested in messages
- A 2nd possible goal was put up

If hunter killed his target but then died later, but his target's faction lost would he still win? Or would this be like witch where it needs to be alive to see town lose.
Check out my ideas:
The Philosophers (New Faction)
Witch Change/buff

Just remembering the good times when this forum was alive :))

Best known for; hosting The Room FG series and being the Right Hand of Game's Hub
timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Jalandh » Tue May 02, 2017 7:25 pm

I really like this idea. IDK about having to wait the night to kill the target after you found them but other then that, i would love to see this be a thing.
Use your full power. Take out your soul weapon, and do your best. Otherwise...

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby dyaomaster » Tue May 02, 2017 10:44 pm

This isn't really a Neureal Benign. Starting from Day 1, you are given a faction that you cannot aid unless you kill one of their members. It's like an Executioner after getting their target lynched.

I would advise reducing how often you can visit... maybe only every other night? This way, you actually have to strategize, instead of randomly covering 10 people in an average 10 day game.
"Research has it that 47% of quotes are fabricated using true statistics."
-Alfred Wolman, 1997

Did I just say something about Coven? Don't trust me, I don't own it.

we need help
dyaomaster
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Jalandh » Tue May 02, 2017 11:43 pm

dyaomaster wrote:This isn't really a Neureal Benign. Starting from Day 1, you are given a faction that you cannot aid unless you kill one of their members. It's like an Executioner after getting their target lynched.

Amnesiac is a Benign that supports one faction after that faction has lost a member. Until then, it does it's own thing like the Hunter would. I agree with the Executioner mention though except that an Executioner can only target a Town role. Hunter can target any role that isn't immune.
Use your full power. Take out your soul weapon, and do your best. Otherwise...

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby sh99er » Wed May 03, 2017 12:28 am

Jalandh wrote:
dyaomaster wrote:This isn't really a Neureal Benign. Starting from Day 1, you are given a faction that you cannot aid unless you kill one of their members. It's like an Executioner after getting their target lynched.

Amnesiac is a Benign that supports one faction after that faction has lost a member. Until then, it does it's own thing like the Hunter would. I agree with the Executioner mention though except that an Executioner can only target a Town role. Hunter can target any role that isn't immune.

Also the watch ur target faction lose part is an extra, I dont know if it shuld be added or removed.
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby sh99er » Wed May 03, 2017 12:33 am

I would advise reducing how often you can visit... maybe only every other night? This way, you actually have to strategize, instead of randomly covering 10 people in an average 10 day game.

Unlikely to have 10 people games + ur target can die meaning you get a new target etc. it would be unfair to reduce visits
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby Mroz4k » Wed May 03, 2017 3:26 am

If the Target is evil role, then you are putting them into even more disadvantage then where they already are.

If the Target is Town role, then this really is just a more powerful, different kind of Executioner, and it would be a Neutral Evil at best.

In either cases its a meh role that relies on RNG in the beggining of the game to select their targets.
Since nobody knows who the target is, this role would be preventively executed by the Jailor.
There are about 50/50 chances your target is killed by evil roles before you - this puts you on a warpath with evil roles, which is a nerf to the already losing allignments.

All in all, this is not a terrible role idea, but it is pretty damn bad. It makes the game highly swingy depending on who the current target is, and apart of the fact that the Hunter role would be hated by everyone, its also rather OP given its night immunities and abilities towards the target.

Finally the Investigation tag has 4 roles in it so its bad.
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Return to Role Idea Archives