SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Minority Wins

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby STAA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:57 pm

FMLSheWas12 wrote:
Erravi wrote:Secondly, 'they are distancing without a valid reason' is contradictory and shows little thought.

You interpreted Short wrong. To my understanding he believes that STAA voted Mel for no reason and there's no town perspective. He also thinks they're distancing.

Are we now dismissing my reasoning of it was a gut feeling?

And does anyone have a problem if I actually am distancing?

And why aren't we bothering to ask the one person who knows the answer to me distancing?
STAA
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby SirCakez » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:58 pm

Cyantic translate your posts into English thanks
Gent/cow might actually be town

Gobln wrote:FurCakez isn't so great? Are you kidding? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability in Forum Mafia? Cakez takes the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. gobln breaks records. FurCakez breaks the rules.
SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby TheCow » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:59 pm

STAA wrote:
FMLSheWas12 wrote:
Erravi wrote:Secondly, 'they are distancing without a valid reason' is contradictory and shows little thought.

You interpreted Short wrong. To my understanding he believes that STAA voted Mel for no reason and there's no town perspective. He also thinks they're distancing.

And why aren't we bothering to ask the one person who knows the answer to me distancing?

Pussyfooting won't do anyone any good. If you want to say something, say something. This post makes little sense on a lot of levels -- scum or town.
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby ShortcutButton » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:59 pm

STAA wrote:
FMLSheWas12 wrote:

I have a problem with distancing

What a strange thing to ask. It's like you know mela knows something.
ShortcutButton
Forger
Forger

Postby ShortcutButton » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:00 pm

IAmAMunchlax wrote:oshit im being roasted.

IAmAMunchlax wrote:
Hiphoplog wrote:/daydouse Munch

oh shit im being literally roasted.

Also I take back what I said about the votes being hidden because of a double voter, it seems dumb to hide the votes because of that.

something about it goes like "oshit I'm being roasted haha... this is a meme right?" nervousness would be the right word.

and of course the classic Wisconsin take-back

and if Staa wants to give me his perspective he is welcome to do so
ShortcutButton
Forger
Forger

Postby RetralMega » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:03 pm

STAA wrote:
FMLSheWas12 wrote:

I just really don't like this. Town wouldn't have to distance from anyone. Scum would to make it seem like you're not scumbuddies with someone.

I'll wait to see how this plays out before I vote.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby STAA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:04 pm

TheCow wrote:
STAA wrote:
FMLSheWas12 wrote:

Pussyfooting won't do anyone any good. If you want to say something, say something. This post makes little sense on a lot of levels -- scum or town.

I did. I'm just wondering why we're going to bother arguing if I'm distancing myself from Mel, and NOT bother asking me if I am. If you want me to make it any more simplistic I will:

I'm asking in response to FML if s/he's dismissing me saying I voted Mel because of a gut feeling.

I'm asking the group as a whole if anyone has a problem with me/me distancing, if I truly am.

And finally, see the very top part.
STAA
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby TheCow » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:04 pm

ShortcutButton wrote:

IAmAMunchlax wrote:

Also I take back what I said about the votes being hidden because of a double voter, it seems dumb to hide the votes because of that.

something about it goes like "oshit I'm being roasted haha... this is a meme right?" nervousness would be the right word.

I see. I saw the former more of how I would normally approach being scum read -- ignoring it. That said, I'll concede that he could do that as scum because it's what I would do as scum, and isn't all that great one way or another. I'm going to reread a couple games after work, and I'll get back to you with what I find. If I recall correctly, he has a few scum games that fit situations like this. I'll see if it jibes.

The second half, I doubt. It looks like setspec to me.
Erravi wrote:
TheCow wrote:
Erravi wrote:
TheCow wrote:Hmm, if Short has a lack of confidence, that must make you an overweight fifteen year old girl with daddy issues and a free supply of twinkies.

This whole argument here can easily be turned on its head or against you. Dubious at best.

Close, but it's my mother. And if you believe the circumstances to be similar, then you aren't seeing the full picture.

Quite a save, FML. But equally, that same argument could be pressed onto many of the votes here. Should it stand with this many people to choose from?

Enlighten me.

A statement best asked tomorrow.

Oh, it seems that you are the one misinterpreting me. I'll clear up this misunderstanding after work when I have more time.
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:05 pm

Spoiler:
Erravi wrote:Quite a save, FML. But equally, that same argument could be pressed onto many of the votes here. Should it stand with this many people to choose from?

I just read Short's post and put it in my own words. I didn't "save" him nor did I ever agree with his argument. However he's not contradicting himself. Your posts seemed to heighten the severity of the situation by misrepping him. From my perspective I simply don't like Short's vote and I think he's very inadequate with FM terminology.

STAA wrote:Are we now dismissing my reasoning of it was a gut feeling?

Honestly I don't think anyone thinks you're distancing except Short and he's getting a brutal butt pounding because of it.

TheCow wrote:I don't feel like lynching FML. That's a good sign, I think.

Smooth. I'll spare you. ;)
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Trolled by the League of Losers
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby TrueGent » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:08 pm

STAA wrote:
TheCow wrote:
STAA wrote:
FMLSheWas12 wrote:

I did. I'm just wondering why we're going to bother arguing if I'm distancing myself from Mel, and NOT bother asking me if I am. If you want me to make it any more simplistic I will:

I'm asking in response to FML if s/he's dismissing me saying I voted Mel because of a gut feeling.

I'm asking the group as a whole if anyone has a problem with me/me distancing, if I truly am.

And finally, see the very top part.

How does town distance?
she/her
TrueGent
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby TrueGent » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:08 pm

SirCakez wrote:Cyantic translate your posts into English thanks
Gent/cow might actually be town

we did it reddit
she/her
TrueGent
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby TrueGent » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:09 pm

ShortcutButton wrote:

IAmAMunchlax wrote:

I dont see it
she/her
TrueGent
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby TrueGent » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:10 pm

like idk what you would expect munch to do there tbh
she/her
TrueGent
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby STAA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:11 pm

ShortcutButton wrote:
STAA wrote:
FMLSheWas12 wrote:

I have a problem with distancing

What a strange thing to ask. It's like you know mela knows something.

Your complaints can be sent to the Complaint Department, it's uhm, just down the hall and the... Oh, I forgot, they stopped funding it. Soz.

I find it interesting that people are trying to speculate if I'm distancing without asking the person who knows the answer to that question, and I don't know what Mela knows.

Also, Gent, it's been like 2-3 years since I last played Forum Mafia, and honestly, I'm not entirely sure if I am distancing or not. I voted Mela because I have a gut feeling she's scum.
STAA
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby ShortcutButton » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:11 pm

oh I love butt poundings
ShortcutButton
Forger
Forger

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:12 pm

STAA wrote:I'm asking in response to FML if s/he's dismissing me saying I voted Mel because of a gut feeling.

Okay the problem here is I'm not dismissing anything. I accepted your reason. You need more context before looking at one post I made and deriving assumptions.
@TheCow I think STAA is asking vague questions because he's really caught up with the thread fully.

ShortcutButton wrote:something about it goes like "oshit I'm being roasted haha... this is a meme right?" nervousness would be the right word.

I don't think anyone would be realistically threatened by a public daydouse. Neither by being called a bad player. He said this on Day 3 for christs sake.
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:14 pm

Goy a rolecard my ass

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town
FM Awards: Town

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:15 pm

STAA wrote:Also, Gent, it's been like 2-3 years since I last played Forum Mafia, and honestly, I'm not entirely sure if I am distancing or not. I voted Mela because I have a gut feeling she's scum.

The act of distancing is when one mafia scum reads another mafia partner. This is done to further the idea that neither of these players are associated.
If you are town then you cannot distance with another player because distancing is done to remove possible evidence of association (between mafia buddies.)
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby ShortcutButton » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:15 pm

With munch - Wasn't there a slip somewhere in there about something, by the by? I'd need to look at that but it could be the cause of the nervousness.
ShortcutButton
Forger
Forger

Postby STAA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:16 pm

FMLSheWas12 wrote:
STAA wrote:I'm asking in response to FML if s/he's dismissing me saying I voted Mel because of a gut feeling.

Okay the problem here is I'm not dismissing anything. I accepted your reason. You need more context before looking at one post I made and deriving assumptions.
@TheCow I think STAA is asking vague questions because he's really caught up with the thread fully.

ShortcutButton wrote:something about it goes like "oshit I'm being roasted haha... this is a meme right?" nervousness would be the right word.

I don't think anyone would be realistically threatened by a public daydouse. Neither by being called a bad player. He said this on Day 3 for christs sake.

What do you mean by me being "really caught up with the thread fully?"

Judging by one of your responses it would have seemed that you were. I'll go with what you said tho.

In that case I'm not. It's been too long since I last played. I just have a gut feeling that she's scum.
STAA
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby SirCakez » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:16 pm

This game is being painful to read already

Gobln wrote:FurCakez isn't so great? Are you kidding? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability in Forum Mafia? Cakez takes the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. gobln breaks records. FurCakez breaks the rules.
SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:17 pm

Erravi wrote:
ShortcutButton wrote:They both imply a general scumread on each other and my miswording of the situation does not matter

They are distancing without a valid reason

You miswording it seems to imply a certain lack of... confidence. How sure are you, really? Because you have every indication of 'not being sure at all'. The second sentence just further backs that assessment up - if he's distancing from Mela, then surely ensuring a degree of separation is enough of a reason, yes? And then you follow it up on a vote on... STAA, instead of Mela to verify this distancing.

... and you call my posts painful

then again I'm pretty tired so I'm having difficulty parsing through this thread with all of the TrueGents :v

Anyways TrueGent #1 why are you defending people early on, are you scum again? :>

Short I fail to see where in the zero posts mel has made mentioning STAA that she distanced from him.

STAA wrote:Want some ice with that burn?

How did I miss this beforehand?
I'm not for sale >:(

P-Edit
ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:Goy a rolecard my ass

Didn't you say that in 10E?
Didn't you have it there too? :roll:

P-P-Edit
what Sir said
Spoiler: Image

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby STAA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:17 pm

SirCakez wrote:This game is being painful to read already

It is getting to that point. Hopefully I don't have a repeat of what was my last true game of Forum Mafia.
STAA
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby ShortcutButton » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:19 pm

Reread, ICE. STAA is the one mentioning mel.
ShortcutButton
Forger
Forger

Postby IAmAMunchlax » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:20 pm

I was mostly laughing at you guys calling me trash in the first "im being roasted" post, i don't see how someone could be nervous from that.
IAmAMunchlax
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Location: ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads