How is life in school?

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Re: How is life in school?

Postby Alicitzen » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:33 pm

chitownmvp01 wrote:
Harkonnen97 wrote:
chitownmvp01 wrote:Senior year of high school has went well for me. I finished all of my college applications.

hve u smoked weed


No. I've heard about others doing it (may be rumors), but I haven't seen it happen before with my own eyes.

Do it.
Go wild.
Peace out nerds
User avatar
Alicitzen
Halloween 2019 Winner
Halloween 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 7810
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:56 am
Location: Chaldea

Re: How is life in school?

Postby destawaits » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:26 am

Sarah Thorpe wrote:
chitownmvp01 wrote:
Harkonnen97 wrote:
chitownmvp01 wrote:Senior year of high school has went well for me. I finished all of my college applications.

hve u smoked weed


No. I've heard about others doing it (may be rumors), but I haven't seen it happen before with my own eyes.

Do it.
Go wild.

*Takes 50 cannabis in Torn*
Meh, it doesn't really do anything.

Kenny#8446
User avatar
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Summer classes [UTC-7]

Re: How is life in school?

Postby twelvethousandants » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:34 am

I have physics and French tests tomorrow, an A3 poster and an entire biography of Queen Elizabeth I, another 3 pages of chem questions, and another French test later next week that I need to prepare answers for.

It's only the second week into the term.

:')
Image
^click if you want to make a very small criminal empire^
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
twelvethousandants
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: suffering (GMT)

Re: How is life in school?

Postby Damafaud » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:59 am

So I had a problem.

The new headmaster has a big hope for the student council, so we are involved in 85% of school activity.

In three month, we will have an internal festival, followed by ANOTHER internal festival one month later, and then an art festival three month afterward, which the teacher note, need to be huge and open for public.

It won't be so bad if the teacher in charge of dealing with sponsors is friendly. He refuse to let our sponsor to put one single banner at school.

I mean....hell.

Searching for sponsor is hard enough, then the teacher just need to make it harder.
Hi.
Toasts are nice. And cookies. COOKIES!

Image
User avatar
Damafaud
Consort
Consort
 
Posts: 1098
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:11 am

Re: How is life in school?

Postby li1candy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:30 am

Damafaud wrote:It won't be so bad if the teacher in charge of dealing with sponsors is friendly. He refuse to let our sponsor to put one single banner at school.

Eh? Your teacher wants sponsors but won't let sponsors to put even a single banner? Now, THAT (I think) is UNFAIR on the part of the sponsors.
What is/are the purpose of those festivals in the first place?
User avatar
li1candy
Investigator
Investigator
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:04 pm

Re: How is life in school?

Postby Damafaud » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:03 am

li1candy wrote:
Damafaud wrote:It won't be so bad if the teacher in charge of dealing with sponsors is friendly. He refuse to let our sponsor to put one single banner at school.

Eh? Your teacher wants sponsors but won't let sponsors to put even a single banner? Now, THAT (I think) is UNFAIR on the part of the sponsors.
What is/are the purpose of those festivals in the first place?


I know. That usually made the sponsors walk away and never look back. I hate him.

The purpose is to promote the school and how awesome we are. Also to provide the students a time to relax and hang out.

It's a kind of a competition here between the schools in my city. The school that held the best festival will gain a lot of prestige and will raise in government rating and public 's eye.
Hi.
Toasts are nice. And cookies. COOKIES!

Image
User avatar
Damafaud
Consort
Consort
 
Posts: 1098
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:11 am

Re: How is life in school?

Postby lucas8411 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:41 pm

destawaits wrote:
lucas8411 wrote:I also had a sportday (don't know how you guys call it but I'm too lazy to search that up). We did Ski, hockey and tennis.

A... trip? You went somewhere?

Yeah, but it's not so far then you think. It was really fun but my classmates don't like sports, for me it feels I'm a little free from school. That you get less stressed from exams until you are done with sportday and that you realise you have an exam :lol: But if you weren't there, let we say you get extra homework to do ...
IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I WANT TO SAY THAT I LEFT THE FORUMS.

Here is my last (goodbye) post in case you want to read it.

.
User avatar
lucas8411
Blackmailer
Blackmailer
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:42 am
Location: Somewhere in a place where my time is UCT

Re: How is life in school?

Postby Crushed6 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:57 am

MY EXAMS JUST ENDED! YES!

'O' levels MT today....
Favourite Roles: Jailor, Transporter, WW, Executioner, Godfather, Mafioso, Consig
Hated Roles: Survivor, Arsonist(unless there's 2 or more), Framer
Roles I haven't won as yet: None, xD
User avatar
Crushed6
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:47 pm

Re: How is life in school?

Postby lucas8411 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:07 am

Did the exams and got my grades back. Very dissapointed to myself. It's not that they are low but it's alright and I wish that I could better then this example 5,7/10
IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I WANT TO SAY THAT I LEFT THE FORUMS.

Here is my last (goodbye) post in case you want to read it.

.
User avatar
lucas8411
Blackmailer
Blackmailer
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:42 am
Location: Somewhere in a place where my time is UCT

Re: How is life in school?

Postby Arckas » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:30 pm

Teachers letting people skip class to go vote.

Awesome.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
User avatar
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire
 
Posts: 8972
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:37 pm
Location: Inishmore (-6 UTC)

Re: How is life in school?

Postby Alicitzen » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:43 pm

Arckas wrote:Teachers letting people skip class to go vote.

Awesome.

They are legally supposed to do that yeah.
Peace out nerds
User avatar
Alicitzen
Halloween 2019 Winner
Halloween 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 7810
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:56 am
Location: Chaldea

Re: How is life in school?

Postby lucas8411 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:32 am

I came out of school and saw a truck with a freaking meme on it. I don't know if you guys see this alot but seeing it for the first time feels amazing. I could take a picture of it but I do remember the full Meme. Here is a link of it:

https://memegenerate/instance/19949221
IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I WANT TO SAY THAT I LEFT THE FORUMS.

Here is my last (goodbye) post in case you want to read it.

.
User avatar
lucas8411
Blackmailer
Blackmailer
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:42 am
Location: Somewhere in a place where my time is UCT

Re: How is life in school?

Postby twelvethousandants » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:30 pm

lucas8411 wrote:I came out of school and saw a truck with a freaking meme on it. I don't know if you guys see this alot but seeing it for the first time feels amazing. I could take a picture of it but I do remember the full Meme. Here is a link of it:

https://memegenerate/instance/19949221

that's not a link
unless you're just memeing

in which case i got memed



in other news i'd really appreciate if someone could hit me with a brick, like, right in the back of the head.
I have this entire project that I've barely started, and they're basically forcing me to join another two project things on top of all my ordinary schoolwork
aaaaaaaa
Image
^click if you want to make a very small criminal empire^
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
twelvethousandants
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: suffering (GMT)

Re: How is life in school?

Postby NDM » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:19 pm

I have not been to school since 9/22.
Spoiler: Thanks Archo and sorry for rushing you

Anyone who thinks they can debate me without evidence cannot win a debate. Anyone who just uses one quote as a point shows they are the failure, and prove the opposing side.

I suck at grammar. I admit it. Grammar is my lowest subject, compared to my math, reading, writing, science and history.
User avatar
NDM
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1881
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:29 am
Location: Hell, Norway

Re: How is life in school?

Postby Crushed6 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:43 am

NDM wrote:I have not been to school since 9/22.


erm isn't that in the future? is this some joke that I don't get?
Favourite Roles: Jailor, Transporter, WW, Executioner, Godfather, Mafioso, Consig
Hated Roles: Survivor, Arsonist(unless there's 2 or more), Framer
Roles I haven't won as yet: None, xD
User avatar
Crushed6
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:47 pm

Re: How is life in school?

Postby NoodleLick » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:44 am

Crushed6 wrote:
NDM wrote:I have not been to school since 9/22.


erm isn't that in the future? is this some joke that I don't get?


Some write the date like, month day year, but you probably write it like day month year. I do too, I have no idea why someone would write it month day year.
Favourite Roles: Jailor, Spy, Lookout, Vampire Hunter, Forger, Consigliere, Witch and Jester
Hated Roles: Veteran, Mayor, Escort, Retributionist, Mafioso, Disguiser, Vampire and Serial Killer

FM Record: 3-0-0
Spoiler: NFM30: Veteran|Alive|Win
NFM32: Lookout|Dead|Win
NFM33: Marshal|Alive|Win
NFM34: Doesn't Exist

Names on ToS: Nightbeat and Nootbeat (Only on Ranked)

Image
User avatar
NoodleLick
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:36 am
Location: Were your eyes can't go

Re: How is life in school?

Postby Crushed6 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:52 am

NoodleLick wrote:
Crushed6 wrote:
NDM wrote:I have not been to school since 9/22.


erm isn't that in the future? is this some joke that I don't get?


Some write the date like, month day year, but you probably write it like day month year. I do too, I have no idea why someone would write it month day year.


erm... I DUMBED. I tot the 9th month of the year was November.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3qdxhz
Favourite Roles: Jailor, Transporter, WW, Executioner, Godfather, Mafioso, Consig
Hated Roles: Survivor, Arsonist(unless there's 2 or more), Framer
Roles I haven't won as yet: None, xD
User avatar
Crushed6
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:47 pm

Re: How is life in school?

Postby destawaits » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:53 pm

I finished my first debate in English class, wow! What's more, we won 7-6! Although I procrastinated a lot when I was writing my first affirmative constructive, this was still a great experience.

Kenny#8446
User avatar
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Summer classes [UTC-7]

Re: How is life in school?

Postby Damafaud » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:01 am

destawaits wrote:I finished my first debate in English class, wow! What's more, we won 7-6! Although I procrastinated a lot when I was writing my first affirmative constructive, this was still a great experience.

Tsk. I'm green with envy. Debate is fun to do, especially when you can debate for real, not questioning a statement given by the other side.

I'm taking applying for a scholarship for my next 5 semester at school. Wish me luck!
Hi.
Toasts are nice. And cookies. COOKIES!

Image
User avatar
Damafaud
Consort
Consort
 
Posts: 1098
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:11 am

Re: How is life in school?

Postby destawaits » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:20 am

Damafaud wrote:
destawaits wrote:I finished my first debate in English class, wow! What's more, we won 7-6! Although I procrastinated a lot when I was writing my first affirmative constructive, this was still a great experience.

Tsk. I'm green with envy. Debate is fun to do, especially when you can debate for real, not questioning a statement given by the other side.

I'm taking applying for a scholarship for my next 5 semester at school. Wish me luck!

We also have a debate team at our school, heh heh.

Good luck!

Kenny#8446
User avatar
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Summer classes [UTC-7]

Re: How is life in school?

Postby alouvre » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:16 pm

Better question: what's the 22nd month? :roll:

I've never been truly overwhelmed with work until now. Yesterday, I started working as soon as I got home and didn't stop until i went to bed, with the exception of three 10-minute breaks. Yet, I'm still lagging behind, and the only reason why I'm not failing my math class is because my teacher acts like incomplete work doesn't exist and doesn't penalize late work.

I'm pretty stressed out, because there are two large projects due next week on top of an even larger project I'm supposed to be working on simultaneously. This is one of the 10-minute breaks I'm taking and tonight I'm probably going to indulge myself with a bowl of noodles or something.

[obligatory swearing]

Congratulations Dest and good luck, Dama.
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer
 
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:12 pm
Location: Central Daylight Time (UTC-5)

Re: How is life in school?

Postby lucas8411 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:07 pm

Wait you 2 did a DeBate, that sounds so cool.

Anyway, this is what I have done on this week. I did a presentation about comparing a bad store and good store, but my presentation was too long and boring (that is what my Teacher told me). The reason I did it so long is because I did'nt really know what I should tell or should'nt telll to the class. The good thing is that I was clear and that my presentation looked good, so I probably get 6/10.

And we did a practice test via Kahoot, we did this 2 times with English and Politics (not the American Politics). To say it short, you get questions with 4 Multiple choices that you have to awnser in 10 seconds. The faster you get the right awnser, the higher your score. Really fun and learnful expierence, I hope that we do this more in the future.
IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I WANT TO SAY THAT I LEFT THE FORUMS.

Here is my last (goodbye) post in case you want to read it.

.
User avatar
lucas8411
Blackmailer
Blackmailer
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:42 am
Location: Somewhere in a place where my time is UCT

Re: How is life in school?

Postby destawaits » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:27 am

lucas8411 wrote:And we did a practice test via Kahoot, we did this 2 times with English and Politics (not the American Politics). To say it short, you get questions with 4 Multiple choices that you have to awnser in 10 seconds. The faster you get the right awnser, the higher your score. Really fun and learnful expierence, I hope that we do this more in the future.

If this practice test forces you answer fast, it doesn't show your true knowledge, and can be compared to the SAT. But then, this is only form way of learning, and can be considered a class activity.

Kenny#8446
User avatar
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Summer classes [UTC-7]

Re: How is life in school?

Postby lucas8411 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:24 am

I will agree that it doesn't learn you that much then the books. And if you say it like that then it's a class activity. Still it was different and did learn from my mistakes. Hopefully I do it better on the real test (that is not on Kahoot).
IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I WANT TO SAY THAT I LEFT THE FORUMS.

Here is my last (goodbye) post in case you want to read it.

.
User avatar
lucas8411
Blackmailer
Blackmailer
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:42 am
Location: Somewhere in a place where my time is UCT

Re: How is life in school?

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:02 pm

I have 2 tests, 1 quiz to study for and a rough draft for an essay to write this weekend. Luckily Thanksgiving Break starts Wednesday! Cuz I'm pretty stressed out right now.
Spoiler: Image


Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.


Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
User avatar
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
 
Posts: 8464
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:50 am
Location: Chicagoland (CST/UTC-6 or CDT/UTC-5)

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests