City Mode

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Is this a good idea?

I love it! Make it happen!
45%
Sounds like it would be hard to implement...
42%
NO
13%

Total votes : 78

City Mode

Postby TheMajesticSammie » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:57 am

Nothing too complicated- just a gamemode with 30 people instead of 15. That is all.
Last edited by TheMajesticSammie on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheMajesticSammie
Spy
Spy

Re: City Mode

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:22 pm

The thing is that, in fact, is too complicated. If they made a gamemode with 30, they would have to program everthing again. They would have to make LOT'S of animations for each sking, house, pet, etc.
Also, how would be the rolelist? Have you got any idea?
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby TheMajesticSammie » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:59 pm

Joacgroso wrote:The thing is that, in fact, is too complicated. If they made a gamemode with 30, they would have to program everthing again. They would have to make LOT'S of animations for each sking, house, pet, etc.

Isn't it possible to simply have two players with the same animation, side-by-side? And the role list would be double what it is now, except instead of a second Jailor, there would be another unique town role, such as Mayor or Vampire Hunter, the mafia would have 5 members instead of 3, there would be double the neutral roles, and three "any" roles. It would be utter mayhem.
TheMajesticSammie
Spy
Spy

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:15 pm

TheMajesticSammie wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:The thing is that, in fact, is too complicated. If they made a gamemode with 30, they would have to program everthing again. They would have to make LOT'S of animations for each sking, house, pet, etc.

Isn't it possible to simply have two players with the same animation, side-by-side? And the role list would be double what it is now, except instead of a second Jailor, there would be another unique town role, such as Mayor or Vampire Hunter, the mafia would have 5 members instead of 3, there would be double the neutral roles, and three "any" roles. It would be utter mayhem.

Vampire hunter is not unique.
And I don't think that I will be too easy. The map is circular. Having two players with the same animation would be impossible. And I don't know if having vampires would be a good idea. Everybody hates them!
And the game would be too chaotic. Protecting and investigating people would be almost impossible, and the town would lose his mayority very soon.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby TheMajesticSammie » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:01 pm

Joacgroso wrote:
TheMajesticSammie wrote:

Vampire hunter is not unique.
And I don't think that I will be too easy. The map is circular. Having two players with the same animation would be impossible. And I don't know if having vampires would be a good idea. Everybody hates them!
And the game would be too chaotic. Protecting and investigating people would be almost impossible, and the town would lose his mayority very soon.

I may need to draw a diagram to explain my reasoning... and not everyone hates vampires. I, personally, find the vampires to be a nice challenge to work with. They make the game more challenging, and challenges are fun.
TheMajesticSammie
Spy
Spy

Hmmmmmmmm...

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:44 pm

Well as cool as that sounds to have more people in a game of Town of Salem, there would be a variety of errors.

1) Animations. If there are 30 houses, 30 skins, and possibly 30 pets (max), then how are you going to animate all of that? The artists and programmers alike would all have to work together to make the game even more graphic. That means more angles for all the old and new cosmetics, more chat space, bigger screens...and well...that's...That's just too much work for one game mode.

2) Role limits. There are currently 33 roles in town of salem. And if you're going to have 30 people, that means you're only 3 roles away from having every single role in the city mode game. All of the unique roles would also be in every city game, because they'll take up space on the role list to work.

3) Balance. How are you going to balance a set of roles between 30 people? If you're shooting for something like ranked, then you basically have to rebalance all the roles as a whole.

4) Lag. Lag will be a severe problem with this game mode because of 1). People would hate that. A lot.

5) Town will almost always win. The majority of the town will be nearly 20 people. About 3-5 neutral roles, and there can only be a maximum of 5 mafia. If you want to raise the maximum amount of mafia even higher, then the same rules have to apply to other game modes. Which would just make everyone else, mad.

The main issue is just that it's too much work, and rebalancing.
But I'll admit. It does sounds really fun.

Maybe someday, someone will make a sequel called "City of Salem" and it comes pact with a whole ton of new roles, cosmetics, and basically everything you'd need for a remake.
Happy-end-of-the-year holidays!
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Hmmmmmmmm...

Postby TheMajesticSammie » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:43 pm

RosalinasGalaxy wrote:Well as cool as that sounds to have more people in a game of Town of Salem, there would be a variety of errors.

1) Animations. If there are 30 houses, 30 skins, and possibly 30 pets (max), then how are you going to animate all of that? The artists and programmers alike would all have to work together to make the game even more graphic. That means more angles for all the old and new cosmetics, more chat space, bigger screens...and well...that's...That's just too much work for one game mode.

2) Role limits. There are currently 33 roles in town of salem. And if you're going to have 30 people, that means you're only 3 roles away from having every single role in the city mode game. All of the unique roles would also be in every city game, because they'll take up space on the role list to work.

3) Balance. How are you going to balance a set of roles between 30 people? If you're shooting for something like ranked, then you basically have to rebalance all the roles as a whole.

4) Lag. Lag will be a severe problem with this game mode because of 1). People would hate that. A lot.

5) Town will almost always win. The majority of the town will be nearly 20 people. About 3-5 neutral roles, and there can only be a maximum of 5 mafia. If you want to raise the maximum amount of mafia even higher, then the same rules have to apply to other game modes. Which would just make everyone else, mad.

Maybe someday, someone will make a sequel called "City of Salem" and it comes pact with a whole ton of new roles, cosmetics, and basically everything you'd need for a remake.

Or perhaps a DLC only available on Steam?
TheMajesticSammie
Spy
Spy

Postby maezm » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:51 pm

Lol this suggestion. Game barely gets updated twice a year regarding game mechanics. I find it close to impossible of this happening for reasons that people already mentioned. There are still a lot of problems that aren't fixed in the current state of the game. City of Salem should be the last thing anyone should focus on right now.
~ I usually go by ottie ~

Ranked Season 1 Elo: +2000

Ranked Legacy Elo: +3400

Tired of bad players in your Ranked Queues? | Join SCD

maezm
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Villagerlover » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:55 pm

maezm wrote:Lol this suggestion. Game barely gets updated twice a year regarding game mechanics. I find it close to impossible of this happening for reasons that people already mentioned. There are still a lot of problems that aren't fixed in the current state of the game. City of Salem should be the last thing anyone should focus on right now.

Who's to say "anyone"?

What if someone just takes Town of Salem, and transforms it?
City of Salem sounds awesome. And if it was ever a thing, I hope it doesn't have the same shitty game Devs who never actually do anything with the popular game they have.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Distortion » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:58 pm

I actually think this sounds a like a very amusing and interesting gameplay mode. I don't think the devs would ever actually create it but if anyone makes something like it I'd totally play.
Sometimes I wish the game would be a little bigger, like twice the night time so you could actually discuss and work things out more (as boring a thats be for roles like ret and mayor) but I never thought of doubling the amount of players, too. I feel like if the game was just bigger in size I could get more invested in it.

If city of salem does ever become a thing, I'd hope the times for voting/discussion/night would be raised as well.
Distortion
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby maezm » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:54 am

Villagerlover wrote:
maezm wrote:Lol this suggestion. Game barely gets updated twice a year regarding game mechanics. I find it close to impossible of this happening for reasons that people already mentioned. There are still a lot of problems that aren't fixed in the current state of the game. City of Salem should be the last thing anyone should focus on right now.

Who's to say "anyone"?

What if someone just takes Town of Salem, and transforms it?
City of Salem sounds awesome. And if it was ever a thing, I hope it doesn't have the same shitty game Devs who never actually do anything with the popular game they have.

My bad for not being very clear. I was saying "anyone" in a context where the OP asked BMG to make this gamemode. I was talking about the Devs that should be focusing on fixing the game as it is now, with only 15 people, a game that still lacks a lot of things balance-wise and that barely gets any fixes. City of Salem does sound awesome, but it would require the double/triple amount of work for it to function properly (especially if you enjoy balanced games rather than chaotic ones). I don't see BMG make this happen anytime soon, not even in the most distant future.
~ I usually go by ottie ~

Ranked Season 1 Elo: +2000

Ranked Legacy Elo: +3400

Tired of bad players in your Ranked Queues? | Join SCD

maezm
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PolyesterHomes » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:07 pm

Come back when you take every skin and tilt them in a way that 30 people can fit in a circle and devise a balanced 30 player role list.
"Whisper in the dark. The battle may yet be won."
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby TheMajesticSammie » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:22 pm

PolyesterHomes wrote:Come back when you take every skin and tilt them in a way that 30 people can fit in a circle and devise a balanced 30 player role list.

You wouldn't necessarily NEED to- you could just as easily reuse animations. Instead of having the city perfectly circular, it would be more of a pentadecagon, with two players with the same animation side-by-side on every side of it.

As for the balanced role list, that's where the fun part comes in. I don't expect this to be implemented very soon, but by the time it's considered, the game will likely have at least a handful of new roles to play with. When that does happen, all you would really need to do it double the town roles, double the mafia roles, and double the neutral roles. Unique roles would be replaced with some other role of the same faction, and there would be 3 any's (because mafia is limited to 5 members).
Last edited by TheMajesticSammie on Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheMajesticSammie
Spy
Spy

Postby PolyesterHomes » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:23 pm

TheMajesticSammie wrote:
PolyesterHomes wrote:Come back when you take every skin and tilt them in a way that 30 people can fit in a circle and devise a balanced 30 player role list.

You wouldn't necessarily NEED to- you could just as easily reuse animations. Instead of having the city perfectly circular, it would be more of a pentadecagon, with two players with the same animation side-by-side on every side of it.

Alright, then come back with each version of the map in a 15 sided pentagon rather than a circle as well as a balanced 30 person role list.
"Whisper in the dark. The battle may yet be won."
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby TheMajesticSammie » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:38 pm

PolyesterHomes wrote:
TheMajesticSammie wrote:

Alright, then come back with each version of the map in a 15 sided pentagon rather than a circle as well as a balanced 30 person role list.

How do I send images?
TheMajesticSammie
Spy
Spy

Wow.

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:48 pm

TheMajesticSammie wrote:
PolyesterHomes wrote:
TheMajesticSammie wrote:

How do I send images?

If you actually did it, then you can use the [img] code to post images. And incase I'm not mistaken, you must be a member of the trusted users group in order to even have the [img] code.
To become a registered user, you need to have at least 150 posts, and apply for it in the User Control Panel.

Also, it is kind of necessary to have a balanced list of 30 roles. It's not an option. It has to be done in order for people to be willing to play it. Because people aren't going to play a game where there is always a clear side on who's going to win. And even if they do, it will get boring really fast.
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:07 am

Is the idea of allowing more players to play needed ? Not really. Is it a bad idea? Not at all. It is something we could try and get into once more basic problems are solved. It takes a lot of programming and thinking that I should really needed in balanche issues right now. Once that is fixed sure we could begin thinking of possible ways it could turn out better. But not now.
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby li1candy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:51 pm

Seems like it'll be overcrowded.. It also seems like it'll take so much time to finish just one game. hmm
li1candy
Investigator
Investigator

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:36 pm

li1candy wrote:Seems like it'll be overcrowded.. It also seems like it'll take so much time to finish just one game. hmm

Technically speaking if we use the right amount of killers there should be little difference between normal and more crowded games

the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby li1candy » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:38 am

randomguyhavingfun wrote:
li1candy wrote:Seems like it'll be overcrowded.. It also seems like it'll take so much time to finish just one game. hmm

Technically speaking if we use the right amount of killers there should be little difference between normal and more crowded games

But then it would be too hard for the TIs :/
li1candy
Investigator
Investigator

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:12 am

li1candy wrote:
randomguyhavingfun wrote:

But then it would be too hard for the TIs :/

Right now there should be 2-3 kills per night for a game to not be unbalanced. So with double the amount of players we should have 3-4 kills per night ( 2 in first case and 3 in later are the suggested and the second number is max ). I would really like this implemented becasue of the limited rolelists currently. As for th TIs we can always have MORE ti to balanche it out so normally there's are 2-4 now we have 3-6.

the psychaiatrist

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Myersvandalay » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:35 pm

IMO I think that's the problem with the graphical levels they put into the game, personally I think they DO need to go to at least 20ish, See every single discussion on trying to make a balanced role list with something resembling claim space. or actually allowing more than one non-killing mafia role without destroying the only claimspace they have etc...

But yeah it's a moot point, because the dev's have always prioritized graphics/skins. Which makes changing the quantity of players in a game, force them to re-do almost all of their work. In spite of the fact that the skin/graphics, become less and less noticable the more you play the game.
Myersvandalay
Disguiser
Disguiser

Re: Hmmmmmmmm...

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:52 pm

TheMajesticSammie wrote:
RosalinasGalaxy wrote:Well as cool as that sounds to have more people in a game of Town of Salem, there would be a variety of errors.

Or perhaps a DLC only available on Steam?

Again, the errors above wouldn't be solved. At that point, "City of Salem" would have to be its own game.
Because there is no way the game developers would try to put a whole new level of effort into a single game mode that may/may not be popular.
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby datdownie » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:25 pm

I had this thought back when this game was in Beta still. I once thought maybe 15 people would be in one circle arc as well as the other. It won't be the usual circle format, but rather two separate districts with the lynching stand being still in the middle.

Still, you have to realize how much time it would take to code all of this into the game. BMG would probably need a KS to back up this kind of idea, since it's size is much bigger and the graphics and frame rates would most likely need a huge overhaul to make this work.

"Determination, the ability to move forward despite any possible hardship, the promise to return for a second chance no matter how much you're beaten and bloody. The power of Determination has sculpted legends for all of humanity, impossible feats, one in a million shots made like they're nothing, while those that pull them off stand alone."

If you want to find me, hop onto Board Game Online <3

Discord: Downie#0904
datdownie
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby WindBlqde » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:36 pm

Do you realize how long this would take? Probably a 50 minutes to play ONE GAME! It would move very slowly and also, it would be super hard for all the developers to recode EVERYTHING!
I am a preteen fortnite tiktok kid
WindBlqde
Mayor
Mayor

Next

Return to Suggestions