Politician (Neutral Evil)

Old Role Ideas

Vote if you think this should be added to the game

Yes
165
83%
Yes
35
18%
 
Total votes : 200

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil) New Poll!

Postby Mace8937 » Wed May 04, 2016 5:49 pm

BPsycho2 wrote:By the way,

back to achievements.

replace Honest Politician with Honest Abe.

Replace Remember to vote for me with remember to vote.

I know they were my ideas, just edited.


Ok. Editting in a sec.
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere
 
Posts: 1260
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Wed May 04, 2016 7:35 pm

EDIT: Can read whispers.
Does the majority agree with this?
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere
 
Posts: 1260
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BPsycho2 » Wed May 04, 2016 7:51 pm

I certainly agree with this.

1. It's with Spy/Bm. Anyone in this Investigation result should hear whispers.
the more whisper-hearing evils the better. Well, three is enough, provided Blackmailer gets its buff.
This way, the Spy isn't confirmed town.

2. Politicians work with secret information lore-wise too. (Balance> Lore, but this helps so why not?)

3. It gives them a solid claim.
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Kirize12 » Wed May 04, 2016 8:58 pm

Seems like way too much tbh. Just move it out of Spy/BM category.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BPsycho2 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:11 pm

I disagree.


Politician- Gets two votes. Politician also unconfirms the Spy now, which is necessary. The less confirmed towns the better, you know?
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Kirize12 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:12 pm

BPsycho2 wrote:I disagree.


Politician- Gets two votes. Politician also unconfirms the Spy now, which is necessary. The less confirmed towns the better, you know?

Blackmailer already does that job.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BPsycho2 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:31 pm

Blackmailer does not hear whispers. Besides, even if it did, it wouldn't hurt for a less powerful evil role to be able to.

A Good NE has some sort of protection, some sort of way to find teammates, and some sort of offense.

Executioner (See my link)- Night Immunity, Can become any NE with witchgoals, Can lynch target
Witch: Needs Autovest(Vigpierce), Controls to find MK or NK, Controls roles to cease their progress
Necromancer: Night Immunity, Resurrect a teammate, Resurrected teammate provides offense
Chemist: Night Immunity, Gas attack [is gas immmune], Teammates can call out who they are and it's safe.
Politician: Autovest, Hears whispers, Can steal votes


Also, the Politician is unique.
Last edited by BPsycho2 on Thu May 05, 2016 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Kirize12 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:34 pm

BPsycho2 wrote:Blackmailer does not hear whispers. Besides, even if it did, it wouldn't hurt for a less powerful evil role to be able to.

A Good NE has some sort of protection, some sort of way to find teammates, and some sort of offense.

Executioner (See my link)- Night Immunity, Can become any NE with witchgoals, Can lynch target
Witch: Needs Autovest(Vigpierce), Controls to find MK or NK, Controls roles to cease their progress
Necromancer: Night Immunity, Resurrect a teammate, Resurrected teammate provides offense
Chemist: Night Immunity, Gas attack [is gas immmune], Teammates can call out who they are and it's safe.
Politician: Autovest, Hears whispers, Can steal votes

It will. The devs have HARDCONFIRMED that a mafia role is due to read whispers, it's just that mobile comes first.
Also, Necro doesn't have NI, it has a scum autovest.

Not every role needs to have a way to find teammates. Just make reads m8 ¯\_(=•ᴥ•=)_/¯
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BPsycho2 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:40 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
BPsycho2 wrote:Blackmailer does not hear whispers. Besides, even if it did, it wouldn't hurt for a less powerful evil role to be able to.

A Good NE has some sort of protection, some sort of way to find teammates, and some sort of offense.

Executioner (See my link)- Night Immunity, Can become any NE with witchgoals, Can lynch target
Witch: Needs Autovest(Vigpierce), Controls to find MK or NK, Controls roles to cease their progress
Necromancer: Night Immunity, Resurrect a teammate, Resurrected teammate provides offense
Chemist: Night Immunity, Gas attack [is gas immmune], Teammates can call out who they are and it's safe.
Politician: Autovest, Hears whispers, Can steal votes


It will. The devs have HARDCONFIRMED that a mafia role is due to read whispers, it's just that mobile comes first.
Also, Necro doesn't have NI, it has a scum autovest. Once again, It wouldn't hurt for a less powerful evil role to be able to

Not every role needs to have a way to find teammates. Of course not! That would break the game if town could find all of their teammates. NE's should all have a way, though. Just make reads m8 ¯\_(=•ᴥ•=)_/¯ Once again, not every person is MLG used to be #1 can make accurate reads 99.99% right.

And that emoji doesn't help your case either, unless the point of this post was to make me cringe.
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Sun May 08, 2016 10:54 am

The point of this bump is that I added a new summary, and I'm wondering if the public likes it, and what should be changed about it.

(I know we're not allowed to change our roles in the Tourney now, but Kirize said we could change the lore, just that)
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere
 
Posts: 1260
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BPsycho2 » Sun May 08, 2016 3:22 pm

I enjoy it the new summary.

But Summary or no Summary, this NEEDS to be put in game. Even more than Chemist, Auditor and maybe even the Necromancer.

The vote bribing gives a whole new level of gameplay, with people voting guilty confirmed town, claiming bribed,

Spy unconfirmed by this too (and with Blackmailer also getting this, Spies actually HAVE to act like a townie to be treated as such, what with mafia AND neutral having roles that read whispers)
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Tue May 10, 2016 6:31 pm

Should bribing go through when your target is jailed? Yes or No in the polls.
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere
 
Posts: 1260
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Kirize12 » Tue May 10, 2016 6:38 pm

This has two sides of the coin:
1) If other roles are not allowed to pierce the Jailor's protective custody, neither should this.
2) Jailor fucking needs a nerf.
1) There are better ways to nerf Jailor.
2) Like removing protective custody?

Yeah...gonna abstain.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BPsycho2 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:38 pm

Kirize12 wrote:This has two sides of the coin:
1) If other roles are not allowed to pierce the Jailor's protective custody, neither should this.
2) Jailor fucking needs a nerf.
1) There are better ways to nerf Jailor.
2) Like removing protective custody?

Yeah...gonna abstain.


I was going to go with No because of the Jailor's protective custody...

1) It's equal, yes.
2) Well, remove the profanity.
1) Yeah, like making him die when killing the Jester.
2) Or just make the Politician go through.

hmm.
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Kirize12 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:47 pm

BPsycho2 wrote:2) Well, remove the profanity.

can u not
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BPsycho2 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:01 pm

Oh, I will.

It doesn't need to be sprinkled everywhere.
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby JazzMusicStops » Wed May 11, 2016 2:27 pm

It's time for me to post on this idea


I like it
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Mr Johnson's Wild Ride (GMT)

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:50 pm

JammySplodge wrote:It's time for me to post on this idea


I like it

I'm glad you support it!
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere
 
Posts: 1260
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Wed May 11, 2016 3:17 pm

(Mods please don't ban me for double posting :) )
EDIT: Attributes: The bribing will not go through if your target is jailed.
Also, should it be a part of the attributes or left out but still in effect?
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere
 
Posts: 1260
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Kirize12 » Wed May 11, 2016 4:53 pm

Mace8937 wrote:(Mods please don't ban me for double posting :) )
EDIT: Attributes: The bribing will not go through if your target is jailed.
Also, should it be a part of the attributes or left out but still in effect?

Leave it out, put it in special attributes.

BPsycho2 wrote:Oh, I will.

It doesn't need to be sprinkled everywhere.

You're not my mom.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Wed May 11, 2016 4:58 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
Mace8937 wrote:(Mods please don't ban me for double posting :) )
EDIT: Attributes: The bribing will not go through if your target is jailed.
Also, should it be a part of the attributes or left out but still in effect?

Leave it out, put it in special attributes.


Ok I will, thanks.
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere
 
Posts: 1260
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BPsycho2 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:12 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
Mace8937 wrote:(Mods please don't ban me for double posting :) )
EDIT: Attributes: The bribing will not go through if your target is jailed.
Also, should it be a part of the attributes or left out but still in effect?

Leave it out, put it in special attributes.

BPsycho2 wrote:Oh, I will.

It doesn't need to be sprinkled everywhere.

You're not my mom.



If it wasn't obvious, I'm male. the proper way to say it is "You're not my dad", but, I digress.

The whole jailed thing probably shouldn't be put into attributes at all, considering no harmful night abilities work on the jailed target, It would probably be assumed.
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Kirize12 » Wed May 11, 2016 8:36 pm

BPsycho2 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:
Mace8937 wrote:(Mods please don't ban me for double posting :) )
EDIT: Attributes: The bribing will not go through if your target is jailed.
Also, should it be a part of the attributes or left out but still in effect?

Leave it out, put it in special attributes.

BPsycho2 wrote:Oh, I will.

It doesn't need to be sprinkled everywhere.

You're not my mom.



If it wasn't obvious, I'm male. the proper way to say it is "You're not my dad", but, I digress.

The whole jailed thing probably shouldn't be put into attributes at all, considering no harmful night abilities work on the jailed target, It would probably be assumed.

1) I know you're male.

2) Please refrain from talking about my dad.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BPsycho2 » Fri May 13, 2016 6:56 am

I was talking about myself.

I was addressed to as a woman by you. Insolence isn't tolerated.

Anyways, cease this, and any further comments should be about the amazing role idea in question.
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby JazzMusicStops » Fri May 13, 2016 6:59 am

BPsycho2 wrote:Insolence isn't tolerated

You sound like a strict teacher
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Mr Johnson's Wild Ride (GMT)

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron