The Oval Office: Game Over

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

The Oval Office: Game Over

Postby Lokiben » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:38 pm

I know it's an eyeful, but please read the rules in their entirety before joining. I'll know if you didn't.

The Oval Office is a social deduction, hidden role game based upon the party game Two Rooms and a Boom.

Basics
-At the beginning of a game, players are equally distributed into two groups, the East Wing and the West Wing, and then each player is randomly dealt a role card.
-Each wing is represented by its own QT (Quicktopic).
-Each wing has a leader selected by the players in that wing by a majority vote in the first round. At the end of each round, the leaders of each wing meet privately in the Oval Office, represented by a private QT, and negotiate a hostage swap, with each leader sending the required number of players from their wing to the other.
-If a leader is not elected by a majority vote during Round One, the player with the most votes becomes the leader.
-All players must cast a vote during Round One.
-Leaders may not send themselves to the other wing as hostages.
-Leaders will remain the leaders of their wing until someone else is elected by a majority vote. This is called a usurp.
-The number of hostages each leader must choose depends on the round. The hostages chosen by each leader per round are as follows:

Round 1: 3
    Round 2: 3
    Round 3: 2
    Round 4: 2
    Round 5: 1

-In addition, the leader of the wing with one more player than the other wing (since we are playing with an odd number of participants) has the option during the first three rounds only to send one extra hostage to the other room.
-The first three rounds will each last 120 hours, and the last two rounds will each last 72 hours. The negotiating periods for leaders in the Oval Office will all last 24 hours.
-After the hostage swap, I will create new QTs for the East Wing, West Wing, and the Oval Office so players that are new to a wing will not be aware of conversation that has come before they joined the wing.
-Please do not post links to other QTs in the game. Also, to make sure everyone read the rules carefully before joining as I asked, please post the code '2R1B' in size 1 font when you join so I know you read this. If you post this code, you will go straight to the top of the signups and will be safe from being relegated to the backups, as I will explain below.
-There are 2 teams, the Red Team and the Blue Team. The Blue Team has a President and an Agent. The Red Team has a Bomber and a Ringleader.
-There are also third party roles floating about, most importantly the Judge and the Gambler.

This game takes place entirely through QTs. I will keep this OP updated as the game progresses, and bump it every once and a while, but please do not post here outside of signups.

Actions
Private Conversation: Any two players (or more) can have a private conversation, in a separate QT. Both players must PM their consent to initiate a private conversation to me, and I will PM both players the link to a new QT. Each player may only do this with another player three times per round. It will be publicly announced when two (or more) players are having a private conversation.
Eavesdrop: Once per round, a player can choose to eavesdrop on a private conversation that they are not included in. I will PM that player a link to the QT for that conversation. The player may choose to reveal their presence by posting, or not. As soon as a player has posted, they are eligible to be targets of any actions used in the private conversation, but not before then.
Card Share: A consensual form of card revealing where two players reveal their roles to each other. Both players must PM their consent to the card share to me, and I will PM both players the role of the other. Can be performed in a public or private conversation. It will be announced to everyone in that conversation that the two players have card shared.
Color Share: A consensual form of color revealing where two players exchange character cards. Both players must PM their consent to the color share to me, and I will PM both players the color of the other. Can be performed in a public or private conversation. It will be announced to everyone in that conversation that the two players have color shared.
Private Reveal: Any form of card revealing from one player to another that does not require reciprocation. Can be performed in a public or private conversation.
Color Reveal: Any form of revealing your color from one player to another. This includes revealing that does not require reciprocation, or consensual revealing.
Public Reveal: Any form of card revealing towards multiple players that does not require reciprocation. Can be performed in a public or private conversation.

Endgame
-The game ends after five rounds. At the end of the game, everyone's roles are revealed in a specific order.
-First, the Judge privately announces to the mod what they believe to be the roles of everyone in the game. If the Judge correctly guesses the roles of at least half the players in the game, they win.
-Then, the Gambler reveals, and announces which team, Red or Blue, has won. If the Gambler correctly identifies the winning team, they win.
-Then everyone else's roles are revealed. If the President is in a different wing than the Bomber, and the Agent is in the same wing as the Ringleader, the Blue Team wins. If the Bomber is in the same wing as the President, and the Ringleader is in a different wing than the Agent, the Red Team wins. If each team has only one of these conditions fulfilled, then whichever team had less of their members correctly identified by the Judge wins.
-Whether or not the Judge's intel plays a role in determining which team wins has no bearing over whether or not the Judge wins.
-If by chance the Judge has correctly identified equal numbers of Red and Blue team members, the winning team is then whichever team the Gambler predicted to lose.

Roles
Depending on how many players we get, there are several options for setups. Here are the potential roles you could see in the game. Note that none of these roles outside of the core roles are guaranteed to appear:

Red Team/Blue Team: You're a member of your team. Vanilla. That is all.
Bomber/President: You're the VIP of your team. You either want to be together or separate at the end of the game.
Ringleader/Agent: You are the other VIP of your team. You either want to be together or separate at the end of the game.
Red/Blue Enforcer: Once per round, you may privately reveal your card to a player and force them to reveal their role to you.
Henchman/Bodyguard: If someone card shares with you, you intimidate them. Intimidated players retain their allegiance and abilities, but they cannot private/public/color/card share until the end of the round, when they lose their shyness.
Red/Blue Ambassador: Ambassadors are publicly revealed prior to the first round starting. You may move freely between the two wings, but cannot participate in any vote, nor can you be sent as a hostage by the wing's leader. Ambassadors are immune to all abilities, and cannot participate in private conversations.
Red/Blue Spy: On color reveals, you will appear to be the opposite color of their alignment. (So the red spy will show up blue, and vice versa).
Red/Blue Usurper: Once per game (not in the last round), you may publicly and permanently reveal. You usurp the leader of the wing and become the new leader. The Usurper can't be usurped in the same round they used their ability, not even by another usurper.

Gambler: At the end of the last round, you must announce whether you believe the Red Team or Blue Team to have won. If you guess correctly, you win.
Judge: You win if at the end of the game you can accurately identify the roles (and allegiance) of at least half the players in the game, yourself not included.
Minion: You win if the Judge wins.
Negotiator: You must be sent as a hostage in the majority of game rounds.
Clone/Robot: Clone wins with whoever they card share or color share with first. Robot wins if whoever they card share or color share with first loses.
Sniper/Target/Decoy: At the end of the game, the Sniper can shoot another player in the same room as them. If the Sniper shoots the Target, both the Sniper and the Target win. If the Sniper shoots the Decoy, the Decoy wins. At the beginning of the game, the Sniper may divide the living players into three lists, and will be told by the mod if at least one of the Target and Decoy is in each of the lists.

Important: When a third party role color shares or private reveals, the other player will see the third party role as being of the same allegiance as them. The third party role will receive no result. Spies will see the third party role as being the same color the spy is masquerading as.

When a third party role publicly color reveals, they will be revealed as neither Blue nor Red only.

So, how to I sign up?
I'm about to leave for China, and will be V/LA until April 4th, although if I'm being honest I'm probably not going to be able to find the energy to go online for a few more days after that. The signups will close when I return. Then I will decide on a role list, distribute roles, and prepare QTs. The last player to join will be automatically relegated to the backups. So if you want to be assured of a slot in the game, get someone else to join after you. :D

Varanus and ElusiveBelle have graciously agreed to aid me in moderating this monsterpiece of a game. Please send all PMs to them as well as me, and feel free to ask them questions if I'm not around.

Role List
President
Agent

Spy

Enforcer OR Bodyguard
Usurper

Bomber
Ringleader

Spy
Enforcer OR Henchman
Usurper

Judge
Gambler
Clone OR Negotiator

Players will begin Round One divided between the two wings as follows:

The East Wing
  1. SamuelJackson1972
  2. PitIcarus
  3. VucubCaquix
  4. XerxesLeFan
  5. BRVR
  6. Mkim
  7. ChubbyMooshroom9

The West Wing
  1. HappyMatt369
  2. ICECLIMBERS
  3. Flamingkamikaze
  4. JammySplodge
  5. vorono
  6. harkonnen97

Backups
1. EldritchSupremacy
Last edited by Lokiben on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Lokiben
Investigator
Investigator

Re: The Oval Office

Postby VucubCaquix » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:18 pm

/join
For lokibae
Coming 2020 - Who is The Mole?
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby ElusiveBelle » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:26 pm

Ready to go and help a good friend Loki 8-)
Should be pretty fun to see how this goes down really

The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth
ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Mkim » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:26 pm

/join
Seems complicated.
I like it.
I should think about what to post in this place

BtM:
T3: Judge - 6th (Guessed)
T4: Augur - 7th (Guessed)( ._.)
7.1: Blackmailer - 8th (Guessed) FML
T5: Knight - 2nd (Blackmailed to death) Damn JAD
T6: Blackmailer - 10th (Soul absorbed)

FM:
Spoiler: SFM 3: Doctor - Loss - Killed N4 by Mafia
TFM 19: Coroner (Sympathizer) - Loss - Lynched D2
NFM 12: Doctor - Win
TFM 21: Citizen - Loss - Lynched D2

Spoiler:
Mkim
Jester
Jester

Postby ElusiveBelle » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:28 pm

You guys didn't hear this from me, but things have been missed

Yes I edited this

ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby HappyMatt369 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:47 pm

/join as backup
Might be busy, so for now I'll be a back up Was I the only one the fully read the rules? 2R1B
Can I say a few things here? First, be nice on the forums. Leave suggestions for everyone!
Have a look!
Removed games record. No space to update :(
HappyMatt369
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Mkim » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:03 pm

Mkim wrote:/join
Seems complicated.
I like it.

PD: Oh, oh I didn't read that. 2R1B
I should think about what to post in this place

BtM:
T3: Judge - 6th (Guessed)
T4: Augur - 7th (Guessed)( ._.)
7.1: Blackmailer - 8th (Guessed) FML
T5: Knight - 2nd (Blackmailed to death) Damn JAD
T6: Blackmailer - 10th (Soul absorbed)

FM:
Spoiler: SFM 3: Doctor - Loss - Killed N4 by Mafia
TFM 19: Coroner (Sympathizer) - Loss - Lynched D2
NFM 12: Doctor - Win
TFM 21: Citizen - Loss - Lynched D2

Spoiler:
Mkim
Jester
Jester

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:07 pm

/join

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town
FM Awards: Town

Postby BRVR » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:09 pm

I remember this game /join :D
THE GREAT KIJAH IS BACK AND IS HERE TO STAY!
I AM OPEN TO MAKING NEW FRIENDS TO FILL THE VOID IN MY HEART OF SADNESS!
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby XerxesLeFan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:46 pm

/Join2R1B, no Matt, you weren't. Im kinda dissapointed really, but lol how hard is it to read the rules? but then again, these people probably either didn't want to be bumped up or knew the rules already. Shows them right ;3
Yessssssss
Lets the mind games begin ;3

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
【Horane - Lucius - Phoenix】
chubee wuz heer
XerxesLeFan
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Location: ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ, ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ꜱᴀʏ ɪ'ᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Re: The Oval Office (Signups close April 4th!)

Postby PitIcarus » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:24 pm

I am interested in how this will play out. I am totally ready to join another game of insanity, tactics, and me burning someone alive at the end.

/join
Hey. I'm just your friendly neighborhood Red Mage.
I sincerely hope we can get along and all, but if you do something real rude...
There is no escape from the firestorm you will endure.
PitIcarus
Witch
Witch

Postby ElusiveBelle » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:33 pm

Good to see there is interest in this

ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby JazzMusicStops » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:40 am

/joineroonie

Spoiler: I'm probably just going to lurk forever, posting occasionally
But if there ever comes a point where my account speaks its last
Know that it was a pleasure to be here, especially in Forum Games
During my teenage years, this place was my first real community
Thank you all so much for playing silly games with me
I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Lokiben » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:53 pm

Getting ready to go. Varanus and Elusive are free to bump this thread as need be in my absence. I'd prefer it to remain on the front page.
Lokiben
Investigator
Investigator

Postby ElusiveBelle » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:54 pm

Alright got it captain loki!

ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby vorono » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:13 pm

/join2R1B
vorono
Witch
Witch

Postby ElusiveBelle » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:15 pm

Welcome there and glad to see how many people can read :D

Good luck to all when we get this train rolling

ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby PitIcarus » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:25 pm

Well, I can tell already this will be an interesting game with the players that are joining in. Kind of.

Good luck to everybody. Let's all play fair, be nice, and try not to blow up a wing too soon.

Red team is anarchy, Blue team is democracy
start9 start9 start9

i'm so sorry
Hey. I'm just your friendly neighborhood Red Mage.
I sincerely hope we can get along and all, but if you do something real rude...
There is no escape from the firestorm you will endure.
PitIcarus
Witch
Witch

Postby JazzMusicStops » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:10 am

Kirize12 wrote:/unjoin

Nuuuuu!

Spoiler: I'm probably just going to lurk forever, posting occasionally
But if there ever comes a point where my account speaks its last
Know that it was a pleasure to be here, especially in Forum Games
During my teenage years, this place was my first real community
Thank you all so much for playing silly games with me
I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Flamingkamikaze » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:46 pm

/join

What have I got?
Why am I alive anyway?
What have I got
That nobody can take away?

Flamingkamikaze
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby ElusiveBelle » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:59 pm

More peeps! The more the better!

ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Flamingkamikaze » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:58 pm

ElusiveBelle wrote:More peeps! The more the better!

I just hope someone gets in here after me.

What have I got?
Why am I alive anyway?
What have I got

Flamingkamikaze
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:04 pm

/join

2R1B
Spoiler: Image

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Flamingkamikaze » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:13 pm

ICECLIMBERS wrote:/join

2R1B

WHEEEEEE!

What have I got?
Why am I alive anyway?
What have I got

Flamingkamikaze
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby ElusiveBelle » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:21 am

Lets get a few more in here, to keep the hype up until Loki's return

ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Next

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games