TFM18 | AoM: War of the Titans | Titans Win! (World Reborn)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: TFM18 | AoM: War of the Titans | D1 (Mount Olympus)

Postby Cyantic » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:24 pm

Cow, want to make this vote count less disgusting?
Spoiler: Image
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby RetralMega » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:24 pm

Cyantic wrote:I think I'll take the hanging option. It's just got that rustic feel to it that I enjoy.

Retral, puzzle me this. Why would I vote you now if I desperately wanted to mislynch?

Why pick anyone at all? It's Day 1.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Cyantic » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:29 pm

RetralMega wrote:
Cyantic wrote:I think I'll take the hanging option. It's just got that rustic feel to it that I enjoy.

Retral, puzzle me this. Why would I vote you now if I desperately wanted to mislynch?

Why pick anyone at all? It's Day 1.

Why, indeed.
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Cyantic » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:35 pm

Cyantic wrote:Cow, want to make this vote count less disgusting?

Same offer applies to you, Def.
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby deferentsheep » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:54 pm

Cyantic wrote:

suggestion to vote retral or just any vote because you can change votes onto other wagons too? and no fuck off i'm more stubborn than you

retral is euphoria
bound to the sky for eternity, the unbudging god is all-knowing, all-seeing
deferentsheep
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby deferentsheep » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:54 pm

Metrion wrote:
Cyantic wrote:
Metrion wrote:I'm not sure if the fact that those are full numbers makes that funnier or not. Anyway you're just meming around voting Cow I pressume?

I find his abject silence to be most discomforting, don't you?

"I find his [extremely bad, unpleasant, degrading] silence to be most discomforting, don't you?"

I mean, awesome implications are cool and redundant, don't forget redundant either.

TheCow hasn't said anything, and I don't find it awkward yet so; no. Do you believe your opinion is that of the majority or more outlier? Perhaps neither? Maybe you're playing the part of the provoker, either way I haven't been scum reading you on the first page, so progress I suppose.

i dislike this post
deferentsheep
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby deferentsheep » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:56 pm

Metrion wrote:
RetralMega wrote:Oh, it was in a spoiler. I was high as fuck. XD I'm Hades and I can make people die a phase later. So yeah. I'm claiming because of my passive being awesome.

Sounds OP, Hades is a pretty rocking claim too.

More importantly are you just liberal with your role cards or do you not understand that it's best to keep those bits squared away from everyone else?

so you think retral is town and arc just chose to put an overpowered role into the game?
deferentsheep
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby deferentsheep » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:57 pm

also this is why we only have one pokerfaced memelord per game and it's cow
deferentsheep
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby RetralMega » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:58 pm

deferentsheep wrote:
Metrion wrote:
RetralMega wrote:Oh, it was in a spoiler. I was high as fuck. XD I'm Hades and I can make people die a phase later. So yeah. I'm claiming because of my passive being awesome.

More importantly are you just liberal with your role cards or do you not understand that it's best to keep those bits squared away from everyone else?

so you think retral is town and arc just chose to put an overpowered role into the game?

Hades is overpowered? I can choose someone at night. If they die, I keep them alive for one additional phase. They die after the day ends, but before the next night begins. Not too OP, really.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby deferentsheep » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:00 pm

i was addressing metrion for a reason

go sit in the corner
deferentsheep
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby RetralMega » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:01 pm

deferentsheep wrote:i was addressing metrion for a reason

go sit in the corner

Yes, sir.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Cyantic » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:06 pm

deferentsheep wrote:
Cyantic wrote:

suggestion to vote retral or just any vote because you can change votes onto other wagons too? and no fuck off i'm more stubborn than you

retral is euphoria

Nah. One vote on Retral is easily as good as three. No point anymore.
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby deferentsheep » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:09 pm

what reactions should be produced?
how were the reactions produced?
for whom were the reactions produced?
deferentsheep
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby deferentsheep » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:41 pm

oh and i almost forgot

protect me for a free win etc
deferentsheep
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby RetralMega » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:10 am

So this is 6v2v1? Naes meantioned that he was anonymously messaged by grey, which would either be a Neutral of sorts, or a Red (I don't know what Mafia is called in this) role trying to make us think it's 6v2v1, when it's really 6v3. Or are my numbers wrong to begin with?
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby deferentsheep » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:24 am

imo its probably 6 v 2 v 1 with the whisperer thing as neutral

i dont see motive for mafia to do that, i would expect them to neutral fish rather than mafia fish, and looking at the op it says that there arent various specific neutrals, arc would probably just say there were no neutrals if there were no neutrals
deferentsheep
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Elastoid » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:49 am

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1umfJh7c9dr

So I just woke up -- many of you knew I'd been sleeping. No hangover, btw. Anyway, a couple things:

1) I have nearly no understanding of players' history, so my votes are going to largely be in a vacuum. If someone seems scummy and it turns out they're ALWAYS like that, feel free to demonstrate that, but I cbf to go ISO hunting under the assumption that someone just always seems scummy.

2) I don't understand the Retral reveal at all. Don't understand why you'd reveal yourself as a killing role under almost no pressure, don't understand why you'd play the victim card at literally the first vote as if you'd never been voted for before. I'm VERY interested to hear more about that.

/vote Retral
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby deferentsheep » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:58 am

lol this is great

RetralMega wrote:I can choose someone at night. If they die, I keep them alive for one additional phase. They die after the day ends, but before the next night begins.

retral didnt claim a killing role, jfc

perhaps from your perspective it doesn't make much sense for town to claim early on d1, but does it make any more sense for scum to do that?
deferentsheep
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Elastoid » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:19 am

deferentsheep wrote:lol this is great

RetralMega wrote:I can choose someone at night. If they die, I keep them alive for one additional phase. They die after the day ends, but before the next night begins.

retral didnt claim a killing role, jfc

perhaps from your perspective it doesn't make much sense for town to claim early on d1, but does it make any more sense for scum to do that?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0eihJLVFHyZ

Oh hey I missed that point -- yeah so it's not a killing role. My bad.

Yeah sorry for my mistake, but I still stand by my raised eyebrow at Retral. I haven't read many games, but he's been present in a couple I've seen, so I don't believe that the concept of random votes could be alien to him. I consider it strange that he not only takes offense to it, but claims a scumread off of it. To be clear, his vote on Cy was more than an OMGUS vote -- he further claimed that Cy's behavior in voting for him day 1 was scum behavior.

In a way, he's largely guilty of what he's accusing Cy of doing -- attempting to push a lynch. His vote on Cy was the second, and he attempted to establish it as a non-random vote. I see no reason to alleviate pressure on him.

As an aside, I'm interested to hear more from Swordworth on Neasans. I agree that the several posts in a row seems odd. What were you getting at there?
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Metrion » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:30 am

deferentsheep wrote:
Metrion wrote:

Retral is probably town. Their role is pretty OP, at least how it was understood to be. But not really anymore OP than a Vigilante that has a delay on their kills.

Hades is also like I said a pretty rocking claim to make. It fits too; god of wealth and the underworld makes sense to either usher souls in early or give them a detour when they're headed that way. After all Hades manages tartarus and that's the graveyard. Flavour is flavour though.

On the grounds of Nerfed Potion Maker / Link from SFM6. This subtype of role has been used before (the one being claimed right now). Seems believable so far in a RM game.

I think I get what he's doing, but it would be great if he could clear the air with why he claimed without delving further into his role, besides what he has revealed.
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator

Postby VonAntarctic » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:30 am

Alright, I'm back.

The fact someone asked Neasans about wheter she is Town, Scum or Neutral (basing this off the colours), gives us two options - Either we are 6 v 2 v 1, which would be the most likely if the message is from Mafia or Neutral Evil, or Mafia is trying to decieve us into thinking there is a Neutral, making this 6 v 3. I think 6 v 2 v 1 is more likely. The fact the person said they are Gray seems odd to me, because it can be truly a Neutral or a Mafia pretending to be Neutral.

Retral's claim is pretty bold but dumb at the same time (yeah, you just gave everyone including scum info that you have a strong role). That is, unless their passive is so almighty as they say. Currently, I'm in with Metrion that lore-wise the stuff fits. Also it doesn't seem to be that strong, like some have mentioned.

Cyantic's push on Retral has pretty much done nothing because Retral forgot that spoilers exist. However, the information gained from it about people is interesting. Cyantic is aggressive, and strikes me oddly with his joke, or the fact that he refuses to requote a simple question for Shortsword while claiming answer was contradictory. Also his aggressiveness was immediate ever since he came here. I'm not sure what to make out of this yet, - he's been looking too much on certain people, pushing one to other, but I don't find that as alignment-indicative whatsover.

Retral however wasn't an innocent angel either. I feel he overreacted to Cyantic's accusations and immediatly made a scum read out of it, also he suddenly claimed for no reason, another odd thing. As I said, their claim, however, makes next to no sense for any Mafia member, because that would attract so much attention to them in instant + Retral for sure knows that Cyantic is aggressive.

Metrion's posts seem mostly fine, only one thing I'm questioning:
Metrion wrote:Arc/Zeus, you're not going ro pull a bastard game mechanic out of no where are you? I assume not but you went through great detail of everything else and I'd rather not be caught with my pants down.

Why were you worried about this?

I'm not sure what to say about the rest as of now, but I'm working on it.
R.I.P 2015

and

Welcome 2016.
VonAntarctic
[Forum Mafia VIII] Winner

Postby Elastoid » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:37 am

VonAntarctic wrote:Alright, I'm back.

The fact someone asked Neasans about wheter she is Town, Scum or Neutral (basing this off the colours), gives us two options - Either we are 6 v 2 v 1, which would be the most likely if the message is from Mafia or Neutral Evil, or Mafia is trying to decieve us into thinking there is a Neutral, making this 6 v 3. I think 6 v 2 v 1 is more likely. The fact the person said they are Gray seems odd to me, because it can be truly a Neutral or a Mafia pretending to be Neutral.

Retral's claim is pretty bold but dumb at the same time (yeah, you just gave everyone including scum info that you have a strong role). That is, unless their passive is so almighty as they say. Currently, I'm in with Metrion that lore-wise the stuff fits. Also it doesn't seem to be that strong, like some have mentioned.

Cyantic's push on Retral has pretty much done nothing because Retral forgot that spoilers exist. However, the information gained from it about people is interesting. Cyantic is aggressive, and strikes me oddly with his joke, or the fact that he refuses to requote a simple question for Shortsword while claiming answer was contradictory. Also his aggressiveness was immediate ever since he came here. I'm not sure what to make out of this yet, - he's been looking too much on certain people, pushing one to other, but I don't find that as alignment-indicative whatsover.

Retral however wasn't an innocent angel either. I feel he overreacted to Cyantic's accusations and immediatly made a scum read out of it, also he suddenly claimed for no reason, another odd thing. As I said, their claim, however, makes next to no sense for any Mafia member, because that would attract so much attention to them in instant + Retral for sure knows that Cyantic is aggressive.

Metrion's posts seem mostly fine, only one thing I'm questioning:
Metrion wrote:Arc/Zeus, you're not going ro pull a bastard game mechanic out of no where are you? I assume not but you went through great detail of everything else and I'd rather not be caught with my pants down.

Why were you worried about this?

I'm not sure what to say about the rest as of now, but I'm working on it.

So of Cyantic and Retral, whom would you lean towards being scum, and why?

I am, of course, not ruling anyone out, I'm just unsure what you mean by some of this, and could use clarification.
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby VonAntarctic » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:39 am

Honestly I think Cyantic is a little bit more on the scum side than Retral.

I don't think Retral would do what he would as scum.
R.I.P 2015

and

Welcome 2016.
VonAntarctic

Postby VonAntarctic » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:39 am

VonAntarctic wrote:Honestly I think Cyantic is a little bit more on the scum side.

I don't think Retral would do what he would as scum.

Fixed.
R.I.P 2015

and

Welcome 2016.
VonAntarctic

Postby RetralMega » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:51 am

I hardclaimed because of how OP my passive is. If I get attacked, you'll see. ;)
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads