New Role: The Consultant

Old Role Ideas

New Role: The Consultant

Postby HappyMatt369 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 am

In Town Of Salem, voting is a big deal. It kills people, and also puts suspicion on others, and normally is the way for the town to win the game. This two new roles would change the way people vote and could be a game changer. These roles also would be unique, and a role that can act during the day (during the time people vote guilty or innocent) So, lets list the two new roles! :D

Role name: Distracter
Role Alignment: Town Support
Attributes: Distracts people during the voting phase.
Abilities: Forces voters to abstain form voting.
Goal: Lynch every criminal and evildoer.
Wins with: Town
Special Attributes: Unique Rol
e Is this useless? It could be used to save a townie from mafia majority. Idk though. Put your thoughts!

Role Name: Convincer
Role Alignment: Mafia Deception
Attributes: Convinces people during the voting phase
Abilities: Forces one person the vote guilty or innocent, depending on what the Convincer chooses.
Goal: Kill anyone that will not submit to the mafia.
Wins with: Mafia
Special Attributes: Unique Role
Any ideas for these roles or changes? Please post in the comments. Looking forward to even more ideas for the Town Of Salem! Oh, and by the way, these roles need a lot of work. This was my first post , and I wasn't that good back then. So, any ideas will help! Thanks!:D

Edits:
Distracter is not going to be used. Convincer/Consultant is still there. Here is a new summary.
Role Name: Consultant
Role Alignment: Mafia/Neutral Evil or Benign. (Probably evil, since voting is important to town)
Attributes: Consults people during voting time.
Abilities: Forces one person to vote guilty or innocent, depending on what the Consultant chooses.
Goal: Survive to see the town lose. (Same as witch? Maybe)
Wins with: Everybody but town.
Special Attributes: Unique Role, 1 time night immunity? (idk, maybe because the attacker is convinced not to attack)
Backstory: (Needs work)
Spoiler: It was voting day. The town was ready for a fierce argument; based off off the Mayor's suspicions, that Maxwell was the Godfather. Maxwell tried to claim that he was a bodyguard, but it was for naught. The time came, and the town cast their votes. During this whole time, the Consultant was taking their own notes. "It's time,"they thought. The Consultant asked to have a private meeting with the Mayor. He agreed, and so they sat down in the Mayor's office. The Consultant dropped down a bunch of bloody papers and notes from the mafia. "You see, Mayor, Maxwell was framed." The Mayor wasn't convinced, and said: "How so?" The Consultant replied: "As you know, Danielle was mistakenly lynched because the Sheriff thought she was guilty. Turns out she was framed. Similar papers were in her home, so couldn't Maxwell be framed too? If he really is the Bodyguard, the mafia would come for you!" The Mayor thought over this, and nodded. "Thank you Consultant. I will be happy to vote innocent on Maxwell." The votes came in, and it was a tie 3-3. Everyone was shocked! "Is there mafia majority?" "Is there a troll in our midst?" The night came by, and while the Mayor thought he did the right thing, the Consultant smiled. The Godfather would get another kill, and this time, on the person he was supposed to protect.
Last edited by HappyMatt369 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Can I say a few things here? First, be nice on the forums. Leave suggestions for everyone!
Have a look!
Removed games record. No space to update :(
HappyMatt369
Doctor
Doctor

Re: New Role(s): The Distracter (town) and the Convincer (ma

Postby Nellyfox » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:00 am

Please put the roles in the format found here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4280
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby VoidRuler » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:27 pm

I actually really like the Convincer. Although, I think it should be renamed to something like the Consultant.

I just don't seem sold on the idea of the Distracter though, considering it's not very useful to have a Town abstain.
I guess the only time it would be useful is if it's a Mayor for instance, guiltying an obvious Jester. But even then, you can just whisper to him not to or say not to.
VoidRuler
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby murat1996 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:41 pm

VoidRuler wrote:I actually really like the Convincer. Although, I think it should be renamed to something like the Consultant.

I just don't seem sold on the idea of the Distracter though, considering it's not very useful to have a Town abstain.
I guess the only time it would be useful is if it's a Mayor for instance, guiltying an obvious Jester. But even then, you can just whisper to him not to or say not to.

Same.

Also the Distracter should be Neutral Evil/Benign.

If Town, it really should just be Town Deception and add Transporter to that Alignment.
33-40-3 : My FM Record

Hosted: VFM13

My discord is fluffymurat#2318 if you really want it I guess...it's now a legacy name.

My discord is just fluffymurat
murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby theo07 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:23 am

I like the idea of the convincer.Change his name to Consultant,as Voidruler suggested.

I also don't find The distracter necessary in the game.

Also the Distracter should be Neutral Evil/Benign.

What goal would it have as a Nb?
I AM THE HERO THAT THIS FORUM DESERVES,BUT NOT THE ONE THAT IT NEEDS
theo07
Framer
Framer

Postby HappyMatt369 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:24 pm

I edited the roles, and put a backstory in. What do you think? I feel it still needs more work, but it could be good.

Last bumped by HappyMatt369 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:24 pm.
Can I say a few things here? First, be nice on the forums. Leave suggestions for everyone!
Have a look!
Removed games record. No space to update :(
HappyMatt369
Doctor
Doctor

Return to Role Idea Archives