Switcher (Mafia Support)

Old Role Ideas

How do you like it VERSION 3?

I love it!!!
34%
Its good, could use improvement (state what I could change)
10%
It is pointless (to vote this as I will prove you wrong)
10%
I don't like it (state why)
3%
Version 1
3%
Version 2
3%
Version 3
34%

Total votes : 29

Switcher (Mafia Support)

Postby Arpitr20 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:19 pm

VERSION 3:
A TOWN VERSION OF SWITCHER WITCH IS BASICALLY THE SAME AS THE MAFIA ONE, BUT TOWN SUPPORT AND CAN DISPLACE NIGHT IMMUNITY. THIS IS ACTUALLY REALLY USEFUL AS A TOWN ROLE. CAN BE USED TO CONFIRM INVESTS, MESS UP WITCHES, AND MAKE IMMUNE ROLES KILLABLE.

Role: Switcher
Alignment: Town support
Abilities: switch two peoples roles at night, but they will not be able to choose who to target, for example if person 1 is serial killer and selects to attack person 3 and person 2 is bodyguard and selects to protect person 3, and the switcher switches person 1 and person 2, person 1 would end up being the person who dies protecting their target and person 2 would be the one attacking person 3.

Attributes:
-you may switch two people's roles each night
-doing so will make each switched person do the other's night action.
-You may not switch dead people
-You will not be notified that you were switched
-if you switch a person, they will not retain night immunity/no night immunity. For example, If I switched a doctor and a Serial Killer, and the serial killer was attacked, then the serial killer would die. Similarly, the doctor would be night immune that night.
Goal: Kill anyone who will not submit to the mafia
Wins with: survivors, witches.
Backstory:

Additional notes:
this makes the switched person recieve any investigative results or stuff the original person would have recieved.
if a someone is switched as an amne, the non-amne will be notified that "They have remembered their role" but it is the amne that becomes that role.
Backstory:
"Although the majority of the Salem Mafia are street thugs and murderers that get inducted into organised crime, some of the members of the Family are born into it. The Switcher, for one, was the son of a famous mafioso, the right hand of the Godfather and more loyal to him than anyone. The Switcher was brought up to respect and love the members of the Mafia, as they would do to him. His mother having died at childbirth, the mafioso cared for the Switcher in his own, strange way. Even though he was going to induct his son into the life of a criminal, he genuinely cared for and wanted the best for him. That is, until a traitor put two bullets into his head and sent him to the other side. The enraged Godfather immediately ordered a search for the man who dared to raise a hand on one of his own. The hunt was on in the earnest, but it seemed that it would all be to no avail. There was no clues as to who would have killed the mafioso. However, the Switcher decided to do some digging around of his own. Thanks to the training his father gave him, he knew how to stir up confusion and slip by the chaos unnoticed. Using this, he managed to cause a fight during one of the night meetings and slip into the Godfather's private study. There, he found files that pertained to his father's death. It seemed like the Godfather had ordered the deed to be done itself. The Switcher stared in disbelief. Why would he do something like that? Putting the files back where they were, the Switcher escaped from the room, planning his vengeance. He started manipulating the Mafia members, practising his art of confusion, until he could make it so that noone even knew what they were supposed to be doing anymore. Chaos ensured in the Family, with one man doing another's job, and noone knowing what was happening. This was when the Switcher targetted the Godfather himself. He knew that the Mafia's headsman secured himself protection from one of the Town's doctors. However, he also knew of a certain pyromaniac that was roaming around. With a bit of switching over here, and a tiny amount of disorientation over there, the Godfather found himself burning alive as the Switcher watched on with a smirk. The Mafia mourned his loss deeply, but eventually moved on and chose a new man to lead them. The Switcher decided to stay around. After all, the bastard Godfather was his only quarry, and now he was gone. There was no reason to not stick around with the Family. And besides, the thought of being the "sworn defender of truth and justice" in the Family amused the Switcher no end. Quite a catchy title, that one."
Thx to rossendale for the bacstory!

Others:
Spoiler: Version 1:
Alignment: Mafia support
Abilities: switch two peoples roles at night, for example if person 1 is serial killer and selects to attack person 3 and person 2 is bodyguard and selects to protect person 3, and the switcher switches person 1 and person 2, person 1 would end up being the person who dies protecting their target and person 2 would be the one attacking person 3.

Attributes:
-you may switch two people's roles each night
-You may not switch a member of the mafia
-if you switch a person, they will retain night immunity/ no night immunity except for survivor, bg, or doc. if they vest or self heal, and they are switched, the person they are switched with will be night immune, not them.
Goal: Kill anyone who will not submit to the mafia
Wins with: survivors, witches.
Backstory:

Additional notes:
this makes the switched person recieve any investigative results or stuff the original person would have recieved.
if a someone is switched as an amne, the non-amne will be notified that "They have remembered their role" but it is the amne that becomes that role.
Backstory:
"Although the majority of the Salem Mafia are street thugs and murderers that get inducted into organised crime, some of the members of the Family are born into it. The Switcher, for one, was the son of a famous mafioso, the right hand of the Godfather and more loyal to him than anyone. The Switcher was brought up to respect and love the members of the Mafia, as they would do to him. His mother having died at childbirth, the mafioso cared for the Switcher in his own, strange way. Even though he was going to induct his son into the life of a criminal, he genuinely cared for and wanted the best for him. That is, until a traitor put two bullets into his head and sent him to the other side. The enraged Godfather immediately ordered a search for the man who dared to raise a hand on one of his own. The hunt was on in the earnest, but it seemed that it would all be to no avail. There was no clues as to who would have killed the mafioso. However, the Switcher decided to do some digging around of his own. Thanks to the training his father gave him, he knew how to stir up confusion and slip by the chaos unnoticed. Using this, he managed to cause a fight during one of the night meetings and slip into the Godfather's private study. There, he found files that pertained to his father's death. It seemed like the Godfather had ordered the deed to be done itself. The Switcher stared in disbelief. Why would he do something like that? Putting the files back where they were, the Switcher escaped from the room, planning his vengeance. He started manipulating the Mafia members, practising his art of confusion, until he could make it so that noone even knew what they were supposed to be doing anymore. Chaos ensured in the Family, with one man doing another's job, and noone knowing what was happening. This was when the Switcher targetted the Godfather himself. He knew that the Mafia's headsman secured himself protection from one of the Town's doctors. However, he also knew of a certain pyromaniac that was roaming around. With a bit of switching over here, and a tiny amount of disorientation over there, the Godfather found himself burning alive as the Switcher watched on with a smirk. The Mafia mourned his loss deeply, but eventually moved on and chose a new man to lead them. The Switcher decided to stay around. After all, the bastard Godfather was his only quarry, and now he was gone. There was no reason to not stick around with the Family. And besides, the thought of being the "sworn defender of truth and justice" in the Family amused the Switcher no end. Quite a catchy title, that one."

Version 2:
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Abilities: switch two peoples roles at night, for example if person 1 is serial killer and selects to attack person 3 and person 2 is bodyguard and selects to protect person 3, and the switcher switches person 1 and person 2, person 1 would end up being the person who dies protecting their target and person 2 would be the one attacking person 3.

Attributes:
-you may switch two people each night
-You may switch yourself
-if someone is switched with a night immune role or a survivor/bg/doc who are vesting or healing, the actual serial killer won't be night immune that night and the person switched with that role will be
immune.
Goal: Live to see the town lose the game
Wins with: (witch win thing)
Backstory: "Although the majority of the Salem Mafia are street thugs and murderers that get inducted into organised crime, some of the members of the Family are born into it. The Switcher, for one, was the son of a famous mafioso, the right hand of the Godfather and more loyal to him than anyone. The Switcher was brought up to respect and love the members of the Mafia, as they would do to him. His mother having died at childbirth, the mafioso cared for the Switcher in his own, strange way. Even though he was going to induct his son into the life of a criminal, he genuinely cared for and wanted the best for him. That is, until a traitor put two bullets into his head and sent him to the other side. The enraged Godfather immediately ordered a search for the man who dared to raise a hand on one of his own. The hunt was on in the earnest, but it seemed that it would all be to no avail. There was no clues as to who would have killed the mafioso. However, the Switcher decided to do some digging around of his own. Thanks to the training his father gave him, he knew how to stir up confusion and slip by the chaos unnoticed. Using this, he managed to cause a fight during one of the night meetings and slip into the Godfather's private study. There, he found files that pertained to his father's death. It seemed like the Godfather had ordered the deed to be done itself. The Switcher stared in disbelief. Why would he do something like that? Putting the files back where they were, the Switcher escaped from the room, planning his vengeance. He started manipulating the Mafia members, practising his art of confusion, until he could make it so that noone even knew what they were supposed to be doing anymore. Chaos ensured in the Family, with one man doing another's job, and noone knowing what was happening. This was when the Switcher targetted the Godfather himself. He knew that the Mafia's headsman secured himself protection from one of the Town's doctors. However, he also knew of a certain pyromaniac that was roaming around. With a bit of switching over here, and a tiny amount of disorientation over there, the Godfather found himself burning alive as the Switcher watched on with a smirk. The Mafia mourned his loss deeply, but eventually moved on and chose a new man to lead them. The Switcher decided to stay around. After all, the bastard Godfather was his only quarry, and now he was gone. There was no reason to not stick around with the Family. And besides, the thought of being the "sworn defender of truth and justice" in the Family amused the Switcher no end. Quite a catchy title, that one."

Additional notes:
Last edited by Arpitr20 on Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 16 times in total.
This is where roles are tested:
ToS QR: Spoiler: Image FM wins: Spoiler: NFM 2 Mafioso WIN
NFM 4-Veteran WIN
FM 8C-Aragog (Arsonist) LOSE
My roles
Nightmarer(Maf Supp.)& Switcher(Maf. Supp.)- MY FAVS
Arpitr20
Vigilante
Vigilante

Location: Hanging out with Oliy and Kirize, playing ToS and talking about roles.

Re: Switcher (Mafia Support)

Postby Arpitr20 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:43 pm

hello?
NFM 4-Veteran WIN
My roles
Arpitr20
Vigilante
Vigilante

Location: Hanging out with Oliy and Kirize, playing ToS and talking about roles.

Postby oliy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:02 pm

An evil hijacker? Look at SFM7 or MMM to see what that is.
What does this really provide that Witch doesn't?
Arpitr20 wrote:hello?

Hi

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:
Hi! I'm Eve the Eevee! Please give me a hug :3
You can also hurt/heal me here!

My Stuff
oliy
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Totes » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:23 pm

Members of the Mafia should not be able to be switched. It just doesn't help and I could see people game throwing by switching mafioso with a non killing role.
Heroes Never Die

Guess who owns a genuine WW2 German infantry helmet. This gal.

Pokemon Resolute Nuzlocke Party:

Squidgins - Inkay
Barracutea - Basculin
The Hood - Scrafty
Pwn-iard - Pawniard
Brave Birb - Talonflame
Totes
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Arpitr20 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:30 pm

Totes wrote:Members of the Mafia should not be able to be switched. It just doesn't help and I could see people game throwing by switching mafioso with a non killing role.

yoou didnt understand the role. It doesnt have to be akilling, if you switched a bodyguard witha serial killer the serial killer would protect someone and potentially be killed protecting someone while the bodyguard makes the kill. i was thinking I might make It a neutral chaos
NFM 4-Veteran WIN
My roles
Arpitr20
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Totes » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:37 pm

Arpitr20 wrote:
Totes wrote:Members of the Mafia should not be able to be switched. It just doesn't help and I could see people game throwing by switching mafioso with a non killing role.

yoou didnt understand the role. It doesnt have to be akilling, if you switched a bodyguard witha serial killer the serial killer would protect someone and potentially be killed protecting someone while the bodyguard makes the kill. i was thinking I might make It a neutral chaos

I understand, but what if a game thrower got their filthy hands on this role. The Mafia would be pretty much unable to kill since the game throwing Switcher would constantly be switching the killing role with a random non killing role. It could work as a Neutral Chaos, but I don't know what it's goal would be.

Edit: Wait, I get it know. Sorry.
Heroes Never Die

Squidgins - Inkay
Barracutea - Basculin
The Hood - Scrafty
Pwn-iard - Pawniard
Brave Birb - Talonflame
Totes
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Arpitr20 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:59 pm

yes, the serial killer would guard someone, while the bodyguard would kill the target..

OK! WHO VOTED "IT IS POINTLESS (TO VOTE THIS BECAUSE I WILL PROVE YOU WRONG)" BECAUSE I AM READY TO PROVE THEM WRONG!
NFM 4-Veteran WIN
My roles
Arpitr20
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby oliy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:02 pm

oliy wrote:An evil hijacker? Look at SFM7 or MMM to see what that is.
What does this really provide that Witch doesn't?
Arpitr20 wrote:hello?

Hi

Fite me (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:

My Stuff
oliy
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Arpitr20 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:13 pm

Ok, it is not pointless. Can confuse lookouts. if they find a nk role or a nb role, theycan work together to draw people to veteran, maybe mafia chaos is a more useful term, I haven't thought of all the possibilities, but this role is anything but pointless
NFM 4-Veteran WIN
My roles
Arpitr20
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby oliy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:17 pm

Arpitr20 wrote:Ok, it is not pointless. Can confuse lookouts. if they find a nk role or a nb role, theycan work together to draw people to veteran, maybe mafia chaos is a more useful term, I haven't thought of all the possibilities, but this role is anything but pointless

That's one role, and Lookouts won't mess up like that.
What NB role visits? Also, transporters could mess this scheme up. Also, whispers, Spy threat and secrecy expectations. Also, Veteran probably won't alert if revealed, and more Mafia is unlikely for a Consig. Finally, the NKs could kill the Mafia because it's out of their control.
Witch does this well. It can do all of this by itself, protect itself, and other things.

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:

My Stuff
oliy
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Arpitr20 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:32 pm

oliy wrote:
Arpitr20 wrote:Ok, it is not pointless. Can confuse lookouts. if they find a nk role or a nb role, theycan work together to draw people to veteran, maybe mafia chaos is a more useful term, I haven't thought of all the possibilities, but this role is anything but pointless

What NB role visits? Also, transporters could mess this scheme up. Also, whispers, Spy threat and secrecy expectations. Also, Veteran probably won't alert if revealed, and more Mafia is unlikely for a Consig. Finally, the NKs could kill the Mafia because it's out of their control.
Witch does this well. It can do all of this by itself, protect itself, and other things.

ok, but if it finds an investigative, one gets the results but doesnt know who its about, one knows who its about but not waht the reults are. so either you get a reveal from the investigator or a waste of a night.
NFM 4-Veteran WIN
My roles
Arpitr20
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby oliy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:33 pm

Arpitr20 wrote:
oliy wrote:

ok, but if it finds an investigative, one gets the results but doesnt know who its about, one knows who its about but not waht the reults are. so either you get a reveal from the investigator or a waste of a night.

Or, you know, witch could do that too, and revealing someone like that is preferred over not killing a Mafia member, or Neutral Killing.

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:

My Stuff
oliy
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Arpitr20 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:10 am

witch can't do that!?
NFM 4-Veteran WIN
My roles
Arpitr20
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby oliy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:12 am

Arpitr20 wrote:
oliy wrote:

Essentially, this is an uber buffed witch. It's a Mafia role, has no notifications, and messes everything up.

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:

My Stuff
oliy
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Arpitr20 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:18 am

yes, but it doesnt know wht it messes up, trust me, if it was tested, it would work well.
NFM 4-Veteran WIN
My roles
Arpitr20
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Arpitr20 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:26 am

lucas8411 wrote:Well this role seems interesting but I'm really confuced (but that was also when I played transporter for the first time)
Few questions so I can understand (a little) about this role:
1: If you switch with someone, do you see a diffenced result?
2: If you switch someone are they still on the same place?
3: Can I know the invest, sheriff and consig results? You forgot to add that.
4: Let we say the sk attack person 3 (witch) and the sheriff checked also person 3. The Switcher clicked on Sheriff and sk, does that mean the sk dies?
5: Let we say this, the escort tryed to rb the sk, but the switcher chose the escort and the sk. Does that mean the sk dies. And if you say "Yes" do you see that the sk was killed by the sk?
Also you forgot to add mafia by this "Wins with: survivors, witches."

1: yes, you will receive any notifications, investigative results, ect. when switched at the end of the night
2:no
3:i did add this if you read the thread, that you will receive investigation results and any notifications, but not who they are about.
4: no, the sheriff will make the kill, and the serial killer will see a not suspicious notification at the end of the night.
5:yes, i do see that. I might think of making night immunity transfer over even when switched or else mafia could kill nay immune person they please.
NFM 4-Veteran WIN
My roles
Arpitr20
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Arpitr20 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:01 pm

I request feedback.
NFM 4-Veteran WIN
My roles
Arpitr20
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby kookeekwisp » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:23 pm

Here's what i think:
1. Make this Neutral Chaos, unique and able to target yourself.
2. Give it the power to misplace immunity
3. Have it win with everyone
4. Make transporter and witch immune.
5. If mafia, don't let it target other members **Please**
Favorite roles: Framer Survivor Trapper VampireHunter Consigliere Mafioso Escort Lookout Mayor Arsonist Disguiser Veteran Bodyguard Plaguebearer Medusa Blackmailer Executioner Doctor Crusader Vigilante Vampire PotionMaster Poisoner Transporter Jester Jailor Consort Ambusher Werewolf SerialKiller Hypnotist CovenLeader Pirate Godfather Sheriff Forger ??? Retributionist Amnesiac Investigator Necromancer Spy GuardianAngel Tracker Psychic HexMaster.

Kirize wrote:
kookeekwisp wrote:Dont single out Arso cause it kills slower!
I didnt know you could contradict yourself in one sentence
kookeekwisp
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Arpitr20 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:16 pm

kookeekwisp wrote:Here's what i think:
1. Make this Neutral Chaos, unique and able to target yourself.
2. Give it the power to misplace immunity
3. Have it win with everyone
4. Make transporter and witch immune.
5. If mafia, don't let it target other members **Please**

I might implement number 4, but its absolutely pointless. as a member of the mafia, it can't misplace night immunity for a reason, as otherwise mafia could kill the serial killer. it can't target other members of the mafia. I don't see a use in making this neutral chaos, maybe neutral evil. If its neutral chaos, i agree it causes chaos, but there would be no strategy, you are there just to mess up the game.

PLEASE TELLME WHETHER YOU LIKE IT AS NEUTRAL EVIL OR MAFIA SUPPORT!
NFM 4-Veteran WIN
My roles
Arpitr20
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Totes » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:40 pm

Neutral evil.
Heroes Never Die

Squidgins - Inkay
Barracutea - Basculin
The Hood - Scrafty
Pwn-iard - Pawniard
Brave Birb - Talonflame
Totes
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Arpitr20 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:48 am

xXScrublord27Xx wrote:Its not very good in my opinion.

What can it be used for?

1-Confusing investigatives
2-Luring people into Veterans.

The first one, is pretty much what a witch does, or consort, or framer. They will know that they got switched, as they would investigate and get no results. (Unless they were lookout). The other person switched will now have confirmed information, allowing them knowledge of say what the NK is, or if there is an amnesiac, who is mafia... This means all the information is spread throughout town. Its pretty much a consort, that gives someone else (you choose) the results from their night.

The latter, is very rare to happen. To find a veteran (1/4 chance to be in the game, and unique), to find a targeting role to choose that veteran, to successfully target him and a townie on the night the veteran alerts and the targeting role visits the veteran.

Also how does this work with jailor? I assume its either switch immune or the switched role can only choose to execute, (if they were to visit the person jailed)

All in all a bit too complicated, for a practical downgrade to consort/witch, which is able to be used easily for gamethrowing.

It isn't too bad in theory, just work on it to more it more unique.

for your first thing, the person who receives the investigative results will have no idea who they are about, so this is confusing, and how a witch does this I don't know.

luring to veterans is a possibility IF they find a neutral who is willing to work with them.

OH, now I understand, you misunderstood the concept of the role. If person A is serial killer, and chooses to target person C, and person B is doc, and chooses to heal person D, the doctor willkill person C and the serial killer will heal person D, the doctor doesn't get to choose who to kill and the serial killer doesn't get to choose who to heal.
NFM 4-Veteran WIN
My roles
Arpitr20
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Arpitr20 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:54 pm

thx lucas.
I request feedback!
NFM 4-Veteran WIN
My roles
Arpitr20
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Skulldug13 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:38 pm

Nk, NB, NE, and Revealing mayor

Should not be allowed to be switched roles
RNG is fun isn't it? -

Grave Digger
Skulldug13
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Arpitr20 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:07 pm

Skulldug13 wrote:Nk, NB, NE, and Revealing mayor

its only for one night... and if you die you will die as serial killer
it doesn't actually switch the roles.
NFM 4-Veteran WIN
My roles
Arpitr20
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Skulldug13 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:24 pm

Arpitr20 wrote:
Skulldug13 wrote:Nk, NB, NE, and Revealing mayor

its only for one night... and if you die you will die as serial killer
it doesn't actually switch the roles.

Mafia trans?
NO
RNG is fun isn't it? -

Grave Digger
Skulldug13