What Happened To Sheriff?

Post anything related to the game here!

What Happened To Sheriff?

Postby LordSelrahc » Thu May 23, 2019 9:53 pm

So it has admittedly been a bit since I've played, and during that time, the sheriff got an update. Now, instead of being able to determine between maf, sk, ww, the sheriff can only say if they are suspicious. Why did sheriff get nerfed into oblivion?
Favorite Role Types: TI, Maf Non-killing, NE
Least Favorite Role Types: TK, MK, NK
Best Roles: Jailor, Sheriff, Vigilante
Worst Roles: Vampire Hunter, Arsonist, Serial Killer Consort
LordSelrahc
Executioner
Executioner

Re: What Happened To Sheriff?

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Fri May 24, 2019 1:37 am

To buff the NKs I suppose. As it was a sheriff finding SK or WW was mostly an insta lynch but now there's the possibility of them being framed.
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby shelboo » Fri May 24, 2019 8:42 am

Forums > Announcements > Patch 2.5.1

shapesifter13 wrote:Sheriff change

Sheriff will now only see "Your target is suspicious" instead of specific feedback about Mafia/Coven/Werewolf/SK. This will allow NK roles to more easily claim they were framed when checked by a Sheriff.

Where did this change come from?

Well, originally BMG was going to change the Framer so that frames would last all game instead of just the one night. The community voiced that they did not like that change.

Achilles wrote:I think the best course of action is to put Framer on the back burner and start discussion on what other roles are in need of some love and can hopefully be fixed without a bunch of client changes.
Reference

BasicFourLife wrote:Change the current Alignment Cop to Guilty/Innocent Cop

What this means is that Sheriff only gets Suspicious/Not Suspicious, this isn’t a nerf to the Sheriff but more so of a buff to Neutral Killings allowing them to claim framed due to being paired with Mafia.

This would be a really change, small and easily implementable change.

But there’s also Blackmailer who could use a change. Replacing the blackmail ability with Lookout’s identical ability and keeping the ability to read whispers.

This would have a great affect on the meta, because Lookouts are always proven and provide so much info to the Town and Blackmailer’s current ability is very toxic and useless.

There’s also many other changes that could be done but I feel like these are the most simple and logical ones.
Reference

Achilles wrote:The Sheriff change is a pretty easy server only change (and a little client XML) if there is a lot of agreement on that.
Reference

The idea was liked and that's where the Sheriff change came from.
Click here to send TrialBot a message where you will receive all reports ever filed against your account.
Just click on that link and then select "Submit" towards the bottom of the message.

shelboo
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Postby LordSelrahc » Sat May 25, 2019 1:38 pm

Huh, I suppose you have a point, NK really does get a hard time. Thank both of ye.
Favorite Role Types: TI, Maf Non-killing, NE
Least Favorite Role Types: TK, MK, NK
Best Roles: Jailor, Sheriff, Vigilante
Worst Roles: Vampire Hunter, Arsonist, Serial Killer Consort
LordSelrahc
Executioner
Executioner

Return to Town of Salem Discussion