Blackmailer accuses me of gamethrowing and gamethrows

Post anything related to the game here!

Blackmailer accuses me of gamethrowing and gamethrows

Postby Randyxpxp » Mon May 13, 2019 1:04 pm

As the title suggests, this thread is a short story about a blackmailer who accused me of gamethrowing and decided to gamethrow in response. This is how the game went.

N1/D2: I’m the godfather with a framer and a blackmailer in Classic All Any. I ask them not to visit any D1 talkers for now as there could be a vet bait. The framer decides to ignore me and frame the survivor claim. This pissed me off I admit (mainly given the possibility the surv claim could be a vet bait and also that framing an actual survivor could get them lynched when they could easily side with us in late game). I decided to claim investigator, show the framer as framer/vampire/jester, and push for them to be lynched. They were almost lynched on the stand but the vote split and I asked a vigilante to shoot them. I appreciate some players may consider what I did here gamethrowing, but it is what it is. I didn’t claim mafia or out my blackmailer. I only claimed invest and the framer acted like a jester. My N1 target didn’t die, but I didn’t receive a defense message, and as someone claimed witched and my target didn’t claim healed, I whispered them at day’s end and only said, “Me and Alice” so that if they were witch, they should understand what I’m telling them, and if they aren’t, I’m not outright claiming mafia to them.
N2/D3: That night, Alice the blackmailer accuses me of gamethrowing by whispering our names to someone (in addition to bussing the framer). I clarify that I think the person I whispered is a witch (they were in fact a witch as I suspected). The framer is understandably pissed that I pushed them. I kill a vigilante that night and the framer is shot by a vigilante. In his will, he accuses me of being a consigliere and says I’m gamethrowing. Again, I appreciate some players may consider what I did to the framer gamethrowing. However, what Alice the blackmailer did D3 is itself definitive gamethrowing, and I got them suspended for it. D3, Alice comes out and says I’m mafia and I’m gamethrowing and that I whispered our names to Rook (the witch), giving away our identities. I stick to my invest claim and accuse Alice of being a jester, trying to keep my cover. Alice then explicitly outed me as godfather and themself as blackmailer, and pushed for the town to lynch me because, according to them, I’m gamethrowing. As the game was already falling apart, I clarified that I whispered to Rook because they’re a witch, and Rook even implicitly admitted this during discussion. The town, including Alice, then voted and lynched me. That night (N3), the blackmailer didn’t attack, and the next day they told town to lynch them, which they did. Town then won that day with no vampires or NK in the town.

The point of this thread is that just because you think someone is gamethrowing, that doesn’t mean you yourself aren’t gamethrowing, and it doesn’t excuse you from gamethrowing in retaliation. Alice thought I was gamethrowing by pushing the framer and telling the witch our names, so they decided to out both of us by our exact roles in day chat, push to lynch me and guilty me, refuse to attack, and then allow themself to be lynched. They accused me of gamethrowing and then gamethrew themself, as if that somehow sets things right. (On a side note, had they not gamethrown, we could have easily won, as I appeared to be invest and the witch knew our names by D3, but that’s besides the point here.) Funny enough, they said I would be suspended and I have yet to be suspended to date, while they were suspended less than 48 hours later due to my report, which a moderator agreed proved gamethrowing. So for anyone who gamethrows in response to an accused gamethrower, just remember you yourself aren’t exempt from the rules, and that regardless of whether you think the other player gamethrew, if you straight-up out your godfather and yourself by name and role, you’re gamethrowing.

Blackmailer suspended by moderator:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=99375
Randyxpxp
Transporter
Transporter

Re: Blackmailer accuses me of gamethrowing and gamethrows

Postby lalasex » Tue May 14, 2019 5:27 am

imagine giving a fuck in non-competitive mode where literally no one is trying to win LOL
RIP Town of Salem 2017-2018

You will not be remembered

lalasex
Transporter
Transporter

Re: Blackmailer accuses me of gamethrowing and gamethrows

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Tue May 14, 2019 6:41 am

In essence gamethrowing is considered to be the case in which one actively goes against their role's objectives. Thus intention is a core factor. So fortunately it was not gamethrowing but bussing should be probably discussed with the victim of the bus beforehand to prevent communication problems such as this. As for the blackmailer, that was blatant gamethrowing and nothing excused his actions.
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Return to Town of Salem Discussion