Can anyone teach me spies way of talking?

Post anything related to the game here!

Can anyone teach me spies way of talking?

Postby Kuter » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:31 pm

Haven't been playing for long, maybe have 20-ish game under my belt, mainly playing classic. So i thought i would try ranked practice, for a change of scenery and see more role in action and it felt like the spies were those math guy from NASA..saying [name] MV [name], (b: -x) or whatever...there must be more term im not familiar with, i even went on the wiki and haven't found much info about spy speech/slang
Kuter
Witch
Witch

Re: Can anyone teach me spies way of talking?

Postby Kaladef » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:21 pm

{Spy Name}: Bugged: {Can see any effect - Roleblocked, Healed, Attacked by Mafia/SK/WW, Wiped gas off of themselves(AFK Arsonist), Witched, Defended by BG, Died protecting their target} Mafia Visited - {Names}

It's not that bad to figure out, you just need to know what the abbreviations are and what role they apply to, vb - Visited by (Lookout), Inno/Sus - Innocent/Suspicious (Sheriff), Role/Role/Role (Investigator), Bullet 1/2/3 (Vig) and the whole spy thing works out to that they can see who mafiai visited during the night and the bug they place at a house can prove them as spy based on if it's correct or not, the friggin spy can see if a doctor healed their target at night and can confirm the doctor that way if they're trusted by town. There's some crazy stuff spies can do when played/rng'd well, I hope that helps
Kaladef
Witch
Witch

Postby Nightwhisper13 » Sat May 04, 2019 5:42 pm

I'll set up my normal spy will. Mafia lets say are Cricket, Torrent, Urufu, and Bones. Town is Casper, Lucent, JSiwo, Wuwu and me, the fbi. I usually go with the night number, being just a number, and then my bug just being B:. My Mafia Visits turn into MV:.
FBI THE SPY
1 B: Casper MV: (Lucent Wuwu x2)
The next day, it's revealed that Wuwu was cleaned. Janitor in play. Wuwu was visited twice. Each visit will show up in the dead chat as a separate bar. so it would of come up as "A member of the mafia visited Lucent!" "A member of the mafia visited Wuwu!" "A member of the mafia visited Wuwu!" so that's when they record how many visits happened. Then that's also how you catch the random mafia like framer, disguiser, consigliere, etc. Pretty fun. Then next day, lets say I bug Lucent to see what happens.
FBI THE SPY
1 B: Casper MV: (Lucent Wuwu x2)
2 B: Lucent (attack+heal) MV: (Lucent x2 Casper)
Then I see that Lucent was attacked and healed; the chat would say something like "your target was attacked and healed". It would also give your visits, lets say Lucent was visited twice and Casper was visited once.
Hope this helped :)
Hello I suck at this game
Nightwhisper13
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Scrappydoo » Sat May 11, 2019 4:07 pm

You should go on a town asking for tp/lo N1 and then move onto more suspicious claims after that. If you don't know whether there is an arso or ww, you might consider not bugging N2 at all. You go on suspicious people after you are confirmed by lookout to catch them in lies: a ret claim that says he is role blocked, a transporter claim who only transports himself, a vig claim who says he was not shot by the other vig claim, etc. I set up my will like this:

Piper the Spy
N1 B: Eurus was jailed, MV: Dallas (x2), Curry

I put the results of my bug first and then the mafia visits follow. Be wary of a bug that doesn't readily give bug information. That might be a lazy mafia!
Scrappydoo
Survivor
Survivor

Postby TheRealChickenPatty » Sun May 26, 2019 9:25 pm

You should claim night one,and request TP/LO N1)Keep a clean will(Not cluttered/not entirely lowercase)

(name)-Spy)
n1)B(name)(results),Mv(Name(S)

Visited by Mafia:Name(S)
not visited:Name(s)

If you don't want to reveal and risk being killed,stay quiet until N2.If any spy claims come out,verify their visits.If they have false visits,suspect them as well as the person mafia "visited".Fake spies tend to put teammates as visits to confirm them as not mafia.
I wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was
To hang them is my real test
and surviving is my cause.

I live every day,
Talking day and night.
To each dead folk,to understand
What the fuck they said about my mom.

MEDIUM (gotta hang them all) it's you and me
MEDIUM,I know its my destiny
MEDIUM, oh you're all dead
With the dead I share my bread.