Gamethrowing differences in Elo

Post anything related to the game here!

Gamethrowing differences in Elo

Postby Knuffeldraak » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:13 am

In low elo, people gamethrow simply because they don't know how the game works yet, or can't handle the chaos evils spread.
In high elo, people gamethrow literally out of personal reasons.

Last game I had a Transporter and Doctor refusing to cooperate. I was jailor and n2 I went around to gather role info. I'ved carried my buttocks from start (Silver) to nearly DIAMOND in 2 weeks using this method, and even in this game I proved my value by finding Jester, Consort and GF. Mafioso had died n2, and so it was only up for the last RM and NK. Night 4 I died by a surprise werewolf (no ww kills N2). Unlucky. There were 2 refusing to claim roles, because they didn't like my way of carrying the game. The first was pushed up the stand, still refused to claim because they whispered to someone else. Easy lynch, right. No they were Transporter, and their attitude made them so suspiscious they got themselves hung. (On top of that he was IMMENSELY toxic.)

Then we reached the endgame. WW was buddying up with framer posing as second Transporter, because WW needed him. Suddenly turns out. Suddenly a doc dies. He NEVER was on the jailor. His reason being; also because he didn't like my way of carrying the game. And yes, he did know I was jailor.

I mean, what the hell? I scooped away two evils, LO found the third (A consort) which made for an easy lynch, and we nearly won the game. We ended up losing because two strong town roles refused to play as a team just because they didn't like me asking for their role outside jail. Please tell me that this is genuine gamethrowing, so that my reports work properly so I don't have to deal with these kind of kids in this Elo anymore. Who the hell puts their personal problems in the way of a RANKED game?
25+ Wins:
Bodyguard Doctor Lookout
Survivor
Knuffeldraak
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: Gamethrowing differences in Elo

Postby Knuffeldraak » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:33 am

And to top it off (Wow, this just isn't my day, lol.)

Half an hour ago, after said match, I had another game crash (look here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=96910 ). Suddenly, I now get a transporter use me as meatshield because he remembered my name.
True, in this case he had no idea whether I was a town or evil, but he clearly stated his intent, he thought I was an intentional leaver. This is yet another case to add with my main post that people are literally throwing in personal vendetta's in competitive play.
25+ Wins:
Bodyguard Doctor Lookout
Survivor
Knuffeldraak
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Knuffeldraak » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:27 am

WOW, the shit just keeps coming?!

Just a game now where I get a jailor calling me out for being mafia. (I was mafioso). The funny thing? This was DAY TWO. He was JAILOR, and no maf was jailed, there was NO LOOKOUT. There was no way he would know I was evil, at all! Either he somehow knew I was mafioso, harshly lucked out on a random call, or knew who I was from said issue(s) above.
25+ Wins:
Bodyguard Doctor Lookout
Survivor
Knuffeldraak
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Descender » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:22 am

(please edit your posts instead of saying something 3 times in a row)
(also this should go in game stories, may I request a merge)

sometimes is just be this way, in ranked practice vig didnt claim to the last second, and threatened to kill me (the confirmed jailor), so I jailed them thinking they were Jester. I killed them after they said I was big oof and nothing else. They were vig. Town said I was a bad jailor.

Is the game slowly degrading into an actual salem witch trial
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Knuffeldraak » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:08 am

I swear, I honestly don't know what is going on with this matchmaking system. I'm stuck with lots of 1200-1400 elo people in this game (Bronze/Silver/Gold), while I'm near Diamond.
25+ Wins:
Bodyguard Doctor Lookout
Survivor
Knuffeldraak
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Anyar » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:14 pm

Well good thing the honorable Trial System™ takes care of these blatant gamethrowers, right?
Anyar
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Kombinator1991 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:05 am

You must play a number of games on ranked practice before you can enter ranked games. So not knowing the game is not really an excuse on ranked. Having bad tactics, and plays is different. For example people might think, that caliming jailor as alerted vet. on d1 is a good idea, because only evil is stupid enough to visit. It's the opposite. Evil will not visit for sure unless they intend to gamethrow, and town has bigger chance for visit.
Kombinator1991
Transporter
Transporter

Return to Town of Salem Discussion