A totally legit guide to countering framer

Post anything related to the game here!

How easy is framer to counter after reading this guide?

I never fall for frames now.
No votes
Unless the framer is very good I don't fall for frames.
67%
I struggle to get a TI pair going but I can use the other techniques to shut down framers.
17%
Any other ease.
17%

Total votes : 6

A totally legit guide to countering framer

Postby Stiersquid » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:49 pm

Framer is one of the most powerful mafia roles second only to disguiser. The mere possibility of a framer makes the town distrust all sheriff claims. It also can make an investigator worthless if the framer is skilled. In this guide I will explain how to tell apart a frame from a real result.

As a sheriff

Focus on the non framed results
This is a simple technique, instead of trying to find the evils try finding the towns people. Focus on the not suspicious results as sheriff to find out who is working with you not against you. Once you figured out who is a town member, it is likely that the rest of the town is evil. Just remember to not get fooled by a godfather or anyother evil role that shows up as not suspicious.

TI combos
This takes time to set up but once you do it is ridiculously easy to spot a framed result. Lookout is the best for this as you will also find the framer in the process although spy allows you to be most productive. Only pair with an investigator if you have no better option and of course never pair two sheriffs.

As an investigator
As an investigator you have to be smarter then the framer while still investigating people who you know notting about. There is no secret to this. The person you want to investigate depends on the framer that the mafia has. A useful way of doing this is always going with your second guess as your first is more likely to be obvious to a framer.

This is about it. Be sure to try this out in high ELO, report on the poll have this guide helped you and suggest topics for a future guides.
Gladiators! Are you ready for the opportunity of a lifetime? Fight in a battle that will go down in history. Eight challengers enter and one leaves with a prize no man could imagine. Are you ready to rumble?!
https://discord.gg/UNf4QJuA
Stiersquid
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: A totally legit guide to countering framer

Postby FreezingFire127 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:12 pm

Not bad, I don’t fall for frames but this might help in the future
Discord: FreezingFire#8719

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." ~Benjamin Franklin

"Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~Maya Angelou

Spoiler: Image
FreezingFire127
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Stiersquid » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:36 pm

Bumping for more feedback
Gladiators! Are you ready for the opportunity of a lifetime? Fight in a battle that will go down in history. Eight challengers enter and one leaves with a prize no man could imagine. Are you ready to rumble?!
Stiersquid
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby JoltikIsDubby » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:10 pm

Stiersquid wrote:Bumping for more feedback

Gotta love when people bump threads because they're too impatient to wait for people to reply

Usually, I have a hard time detecting frames without a Spy. If I interrogate someone and they show up as mafia, I'll often just call them out. I had to have interrogated them if I was suspicious of them, right? And if they show up as mafia, then that mean my suspicion was sorta true, right? Unless Framer gets in the way. Damn Framer.

Not good at explaining things and it's midnight rn so this probably makes no sense lol
Hi. I'm an enormous wild card. About half of the time, I'll carry. The other half of the time, I'll be 5 IQ. Half of the time, I'll play super aggressively. The other half, I'll play it really safely.

Last updated: 21:28 EST, 1/23/19
FORUM MAFIA
3 Wins - 2 Losses - 0 DNF - 2 iP
Spoiler: Image
JoltikIsDubby
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Eragon1329 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:51 pm

it really depends. if you have a good, active town that will actively cc, then its fairly easy to detect frames. but with silent towns its nearly impossible w/out spy
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral

Postby Stiersquid » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:09 pm

I bumped it to stop It from going to the second page.

Anyway I accidentally made a useful guide. The joke was meant to be that im making a guide on how to counter an underpowered role. Next time I will make a better guide.
Stiersquid
Retributionist
Retributionist

Return to Town of Salem Discussion