Fake Last Will Generator V2.2 (HUGE UPDATE) Add info + more!

Post anything related to the game here!

Re: Fake Last Will Generator V2.2 (HUGE UPDATE) Add info + m

Postby Uhmmm » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:57 pm

chitownmvp01 wrote:This is a very cool creation, but typing a fake will from scratch doesn't take me much longer or any longer. I also need to focus on the game itself.

Yeah no, for one there isn't enough space in the standard in-game last will to have more than 2-3 fake wills ready + they can become useless in a matter of seconds if all of the TI/TP/TK/TS spots are taken. The fake generator is useful for not only tracking ALL in game information (aka if someone is role blocked, transported, visited, etc.) but also for jailed situations where you need a will instantly and all of your fake wills that you've created are useless because they're impossible.

P.S. You can add names by pressing "Enter" on your keyboard now so it's really no time at all.
Please look at my "Joined" date before trying to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about, because I probably do.

Check out my 40+ Win-Rates for Ranked Games (Patch 1.5) (15 Game Preview)
Also, take a look at my Fake Last Will Generator
Uhmmm
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Uhmmm » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:19 pm

Sadorius wrote:One thing I noticed is that between N1 and N3, the fake will stated I investigated the same person, but with different results.
Maybe there's a way to prevent doubles to make it slightly more realistic?

Uhmmm wrote:I suppose I could figure out a way to prevent duplicates, and I'll add that to my "To Do" list.

Wow I hate myself. After spending 4-5 hours fucking around with this trying to figure out WHY MY PROGRAM IS IMPLODING ON ITSELF AND FUCKING UP, I've decided I'm giving up.

I'll probably end up trying to figure it out again at a later point, because I hate myself, but for now: Sorry I couldn't figure it out :(

With that said, if anyone has any more ideas about how to improve the fake last will generator, I'm all ears!
god I fucking hate programming so much sometimes because it's so fucking frustrating and I can't stop why did I choose this as my major uggg
Please look at my "Joined" date before trying to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about, because I probably do.

Uhmmm
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Kresimir » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:50 am

Cool. Now I can spot fake wills easier.

I'll continue writing my own, since it's much easier than doing all those steps required for your generator.

Anyways, to fix the problem above, just store names in an array as you write them each night, then you check if that name's been said before. There're also roleblockers and transporters which can make the same person have different results.
Kresimir
Jester
Jester

Postby Uhmmm » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:07 pm

Kresimir wrote:Cool. Now I can spot fake wills easier.

I'll continue writing my own, since it's much easier than doing all those steps required for your generator.

Anyways, to fix the problem above, just store names in an array as you write them each night, then you check if that name's been said before. There're also roleblockers and transporters which can make the same person have different results.

That's exactly what I was trying to do, except I was using an arraylist. I encountered two problems that I couldn't figure out after 5 hours:

1. For some reason, the program simply wasn't accurate in searching through the Arraylist and I don't know why. Here's an example of some code I used:
Code: Select all
for(String alive: playersAliveArrayList)
{
     if(!playersUsed.contains(alive)
     {
          return false;
     }
}
return true;

I don't know what the fucking problem was, but I fucked around with it for like 5 hours and it never really worked perfectly. It worked MOST of the time, but it would fuck up occasionally.

2. Once all of the people alive have already been investigated, I want the program to choose a random player and keep their results consistent, which I struggled trying to figure out a decent way of making that happen. As I type this, I realize that I *could* use an ArrayList<String[]> where the string arrays would be of length 2 and contain the player and their result. If I have more time, I might just try doing that.

Thanks for your help, though! If you're willing to help further, I could send you the BlueJ package/the Investigator class and you could mess around with it.

Also, just so you're aware, I write all of my wills, real or fake, in that exact format. So don't rely on the format to determine if a will is fake or not, rely on the content.

Also it takes less than 15 seconds to enter in the 14 names (for me at least, I'm a fast typer). Adding legitimate information is simple because it's mostly comboboxes. I don't know how many fake wills you make by hand, but using the space provided in game allows only 2-3 fake last wills MAX. And when your wills become useless because the roles you chose are literally impossible to have present in the game, you're fucked. I, on the other hand, will at least have some kind of backup.

To each their own.

EDIT: Okay so I've managed to make all results consistent (so ignore issue #2), but for some reason my "isFull" method just isn't working. I'm going to re-paste it here so anyone can help.
public boolean isFull(Players p)
    {
        for(String alive: p.getAlive())
        {
            if(!used.contains(alive))
                return false;
        }
        return true;
    }

Uhmmm
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby fireyfireking » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:46 am

Can I get VAC banned from this?!!?
Spoiler:
Please just call me Skelly

Don't call me fireyfireking, it triggers me

Don't let them die
ImageImage Image Image
fireyfireking
Witch
Witch

Postby Uhmmm » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:05 pm

fireyfireking wrote:Can I get VAC banned from this?!!?

wtf no? The program doesn't interact with the game in any way.

Uhmmm
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Sadorius » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:07 pm

Uhmmm wrote:Wow I hate myself. After spending 4-5 hours fucking around with this trying to figure out WHY MY PROGRAM IS IMPLODING ON ITSELF AND FUCKING UP, I've decided I'm giving up.

I'll probably end up trying to figure it out again at a later point, because I hate myself, but for now: Sorry I couldn't figure it out :(

With that said, if anyone has any more ideas about how to improve the fake last will generator, I'm all ears!
god I fucking hate programming so much sometimes because it's so fucking frustrating and I can't stop why did I choose this as my major uggg

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to cause you huge headaches! Still checking this thread occasionally, I appreciate the time you've spent on it.
Sadorius

Postby Uhmmm » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:31 pm

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to cause you huge headaches! Still checking this thread occasionally, I appreciate the time you've spent on it.[/quote]
Eh, don't worry about it! I have half of it working, and I may sit down and try to figure out the rest at some point.

If anyone with a background of coding in java is interested in helping me, hit me up! I'd be more than willing to share the BlueJ package with you!

Uhmmm
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby TheHiddenPower » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:17 am

So this allows me to make my surv/trans claim for Arso games?
Wow. Neat, thanks.
Lugia is the all-powerful Pokémon of the wind and sea! Image
Preferred roles: Serial Killer, Veteran, Jailor, and Disguiser.
Roles I hate: Jester, Vigilante and Arsonist.
I go by Jerry Thompson, Sparky or Primal Groudon in-game.
http://imgur.com/a/lmnim All those bodies. It's mayhem. And this was just ranked practice. Not even all any.
TheHiddenPower
Witch
Witch

Postby Cenas4life » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:44 am

Or you could hand type your fake will like me :3
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48645

I really need players for this one! Please Join! Castle Mayhem!
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48781

Check out my role the Tailor
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47868
Cenas4life
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Uhmmm » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:12 pm

Cenas4life wrote:Or you could hand type your fake will like me :3

Good luck with hand typing every possible role claim every single game... and making it believable.

Uhmmm
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Cenas4life » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:24 pm

Uhmmm wrote:
Cenas4life wrote:Or you could hand type your fake will like me :3

Good luck with hand typing every possible role claim every single game... and making it believable.

Thanks for the good luck wishes :D
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48645

I really need players for this one! Please Join! Castle Mayhem!
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48781

Check out my role the Tailor
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47868
Cenas4life
Jailor
Jailor

Postby destawaits » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:58 am

Wow... this looks so cheat :D

Kenny#8446
destawaits
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby QuantKnight » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:38 pm

Thanks for making this, definitely comes in handy sometimes.

Some suggestions:
Randomize the generated will syntax between 2 or 3 formats, makes it much harder for people to remember the format and spot it.
Add some dummy proofing, like preventing same names, cap to 15 players, etc.
If you are really ambitious and have a lot of spare time, you could implement some optical character recognition functionality, that reads the player names automatically from the game instead of having to type them. Maybe that's a little too close to actually be considered cheating, but would definitely be cool :P.

Uhmmm wrote:EDIT: Okay so I've managed to make all results consistent (so ignore issue #2), but for some reason my "isFull" method just isn't working. I'm going to re-paste it here so anyone can help.
public boolean isFull(Players p)
    {
        for(String alive: p.getAlive())
        {
            if(!used.contains(alive))
                return false;
        }
        return true;
    }

I'm not quite sure what exactly you are trying to do here, what is the purpose of isFull, and when do you call it?
Hiyaaaaa!!!!

You can find me chilling in Ranked Practice mostly, under the name Quantum Knight.

Favorite role is Invest, I love to solve some puzzles ^_^

And if you have time to spare, check out my companion app on Google Play called
Town of Salem Assistant:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hari.tosHelper&hl=en

You can always pm me any feedback :)
QuantKnight
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Uhmmm » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:49 pm

QuantKnight wrote:Thanks for making this, definitely comes in handy sometimes.

Some suggestions:
Randomize the generated will syntax between 2 or 3 formats, makes it much harder for people to remember the format and spot it.
Add some dummy proofing, like preventing same names, cap to 15 players, etc.
If you are really ambitious and have a lot of spare time, you could implement some optical character recognition functionality, that reads the player names automatically from the game instead of having to type them. Maybe that's a little too close to actually be considered cheating, but would definitely be cool :P.

The will syntax would be very difficult to implement tbh, because each role has it's own specific "format". Which would mean that every role would have to have 2 to 3 different formats, which would take a very long time to implement. It would be cool, though.

There is actually a 14 player cap (if you try to enter more than 14 players, it just won't add). I could possibly have it reject entering in multiple of the same name, but I haven't been updating the generator very much as I haven't played in a while (although I have been playing more recently).

I actually really wanted to figure out a way to have the program read the players (if the user had Steam/Browser), but I honestly have no idea how to do that. If anyone wants to figure something out for me and send it to me, I'd definitely be down to add it to the program and give you credit.

(I also believe I fixed that issue, but I don't remember honestly.)

Uhmmm
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby QuantKnight » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Uhmmm wrote:The will syntax would be very difficult to implement tbh, because each role has it's own specific "format". Which would mean that every role would have to have 2 to 3 different formats, which would take a very long time to implement. It would be cool, though.

There is actually a 14 player cap (if you try to enter more than 14 players, it just won't add). I could possibly have it reject entering in multiple of the same name, but I haven't been updating the generator very much as I haven't played in a while (although I have been playing more recently).

I actually really wanted to figure out a way to have the program read the players (if the user had Steam/Browser), but I honestly have no idea how to do that. If anyone wants to figure something out for me and send it to me, I'd definitely be down to add it to the program and give you credit.

(I also believe I fixed that issue, but I don't remember honestly.)

Yeah I'm sure you have better things to work on =P.

I might consider looking into the automatic name reading, but I don't have much time to work with in the near future. It sounds very promising and would give a guaranteed advantage alot of times.
Hiyaaaaa!!!!

You can find me chilling in Ranked Practice mostly, under the name Quantum Knight.

Favorite role is Invest, I love to solve some puzzles ^_^

And if you have time to spare, check out my companion app on Google Play called
Town of Salem Assistant:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hari.tosHelper&hl=en

You can always pm me any feedback :)
QuantKnight
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Uhmmm » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:20 pm

QuantKnight wrote:Yeah I'm sure you have better things to work on =P.

I might consider looking into the automatic name reading, but I don't have much time to work with in the near future. It sounds very promising and would give a guaranteed advantage alot of times.

Definitely. Let me know if you figure it out!

Uhmmm
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:20 pm

lv01magikarp wrote:I feel this should be classed as cheating, kind of takes away some of the skill of the game and fun for that matter.

Not sure how this is allowed honestly. :?

It's not cheating, though.
I wouldn't use it, but it's still not cheating.
People can make fake wills, this isn't too different.
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby ElizabethBathory » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:07 am

Not sure i'll use it but thanks for this nice work. Hope to play against you some time. :)
IG Names : Serenity / RandomLynching
ElizabethBathory
Jester
Jester

Postby destawaits » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:14 am

I suggest making the Medium fake will more believable. Because right now I only see "The curse is not real."

Kenny#8446
destawaits
Arsonist
Arsonist

Previous

Return to Town of Salem Discussion