Is Not Acting On A Gamethrower's Knowledge Gamethrowing?

Post anything related to the game here!

Is Not Acting On A Gamethrower's Knowledge Gamethrowing?

Postby Boredfan1 » Thu May 26, 2022 10:46 pm

So, nothing happened to prompt this question but if I chose not to act on the information a gamethrower gave town or me, would I be gamethrowing?

I have always acted under the assumption that the answer would be yes just to play it safe but what if I was town and knew who all the mafia were due to a gamethrower and I was the only one of town that does? Do I have an obligation to tell everyone or can I keep it to myself and pretend not to know in order to make the game more fun for everyone?

My hope is that the latter of course but I'm curious of what the community and staff think.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Re: Is Not Acting On A Gamethrower's Knowledge Gamethrowing?

Postby James2 » Sat May 28, 2022 2:35 pm

Gamethrowing is seldom punished unless it fits within the specific examples covered in the Trial Guide, so it's very unlikely that you'd get in trouble.

But in principle, yes. You're supposed to use whatever information you've obtained in-game for the benefit of your team, irrespective of whether another player is throwing.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Dragnier » Sat May 28, 2022 6:38 pm

The problem of having this knowledge is that it prevents you from doing your role normally.
Every town member should be trying their best to discover the evils using their skills, and trying to push the suspicious targets to be hanged. If you knew the evils because a friend threw and revealed them to you, you might avoid using your game actions in them, or avoid pushing them, which hurts greatly the town's chances to win.
If you are reported for gamethrowing because of this, you could be considered innocent or granted an exception if jurors find you guilty as "playing badly" is not against the rules, still to avoid future problems it would be a best to suggest to your friends to avoid gamethrowing, or keeping you out of it, as eventually him or you could end up being punished and losing your accounts.
Dragnier
Witch
Witch

Postby Flavorable » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:31 am

No, this would not be gamethrowing, because there is no guarantee the "gamethrower" is telling the truth. And there is no way for you to guess which ones are and aren't real throws until the game is over and the rolelist is shown.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Town of Salem Discussion