Consider to give veteran players moderator?

Post anything related to the game here!

Consider to give veteran players moderator?

Postby marya243 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:51 pm

Maybe you can guys start a formular when people who have over 300 hours in game to participate for a moderator that can ban/kick/mute players that gamethrows instanly ? I have over 600 hours in this game and the amount of gamethrowers I meet on this game is insane and I still see them after 3 days, like for real ? Also a lot of racist players. I was banned because I responded to a toxic player being toxic aswell but yeah, I get it, that was my fault. But how a gamethrower keep playing for days and days and he is still not banned ? And why do you guys give free mobile game and also free tickets that people can easily join ? Do you guys even care about this game ? Me personally I play as a relief but it starts to become disgusting when there is more and more gamethrowers because they just can't be punished. Do something, for real.
marya243
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Consider to give veteran players moderator?

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:37 am

Banning system doesnt works like that tho, and many veteran players get tired if the game and decide to troll, so I dont think its a good idea
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby marya243 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:34 am

How other games work with a mod or admin, even apps like discord but this game can't ?
marya243
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby EqsyLootz » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:39 am

marya243 wrote:Maybe you can guys start a formular when people who have over 300 hours in game to participate for a moderator that can ban/kick/mute players that gamethrows instanly ? I have over 600 hours in this game and the amount of gamethrowers I meet on this game is insane and I still see them after 3 days, like for real ? Also a lot of racist players. I was banned because I responded to a toxic player being toxic aswell but yeah, I get it, that was my fault. But how a gamethrower keep playing for days and days and he is still not banned ? And why do you guys give free mobile game and also free tickets that people can easily join ? Do you guys even care about this game ? Me personally I play as a relief but it starts to become disgusting when there is more and more gamethrowers because they just can't be punished. Do something, for real.

Lol no, I've seen people with thousands of games played and thousands of hours put into game start to troll. A few notorious Ban on sight users like Fatpackage has done this. Imagine giving someone like that the ability to ban anyone and everyone they see. Moderators are meant to be for users who are trusted enough in the Salem community and who have a good concept of the rules. So yeah that's a terrible idea.

Edit: If you want to help the community get rid of gamethrowers feel free to join the trial system and become a juror! The more people we can get the better.
https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby EqsyLootz » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:41 am

marya243 wrote:How other games work with a mod or admin, even apps like discord but this game can't ?

Wdym by this?
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby marya243 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:27 pm

Just accept the fact that admin or developers of TOS does not care that much about this game. They get their money and that's it. Me and other who play this 2-4 hours daily know how disgusting is to meet trollers 70% of the games and that's a big precentage. But yeah, like if moderators are going to troll or idk, you can just out them by simply adding a report button and at 5 or 10 reports should be checked and monitorised. It's easy to find a solution but yeah, money are good.
marya243
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby EqsyLootz » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:39 am

marya243 wrote:Just accept the fact that admin or developers of TOS does not care that much about this game. They get their money and that's it. Me and other who play this 2-4 hours daily know how disgusting is to meet trollers 70% of the games and that's a big precentage. But yeah, like if moderators are going to troll or idk, you can just out them by simply adding a report button and at 5 or 10 reports should be checked and monitorised. It's easy to find a solution but yeah, money are good.

You've clearly never had the concept of managing a community I can tell. It's not as simple as you think it is. And yes moderators do care about the community or there would be 10x the amount of trolls and gamethrowers you'd normally encounter.
Just accept this is a terrible idea.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby marya243 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:29 pm

I managed the biggest Discord server for Among Us also I am moderator on a big Facebook community 400k members. I also had my own game, I think I can know what I am talking about.
marya243
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby EqsyLootz » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:03 pm

marya243 wrote:I managed the biggest Discord server for Among Us also I am moderator on a big Facebook community 400k members. I also had my own game, I think I can know what I am talking about.

You don't. You really. Really. Don't.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Ezradekezra » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:43 pm

my dad is bill gates can i get fm host perms again pls
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby williewest » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:49 am

marya243 wrote:I managed the biggest Discord server for Among Us also I am moderator on a big Facebook community 400k members. I also had my own game, I think I can know what I am talking about.

I've managed large communities before. I don't pretend to know everything when it comes to other systems of management.
There's a big difference between managing a Discord server or Facebook meme page and managing a mostly p2p game where you have to decide what is worth losing a paid account over with no bias.
Also, being this eager to decide who gets banned is a red flag, and severely lowers your chances of getting anywhere.

I moderate the biggest ToS Discord server that is run by fans, and once made an AutoHotkey script that sang Bohemian Rhapsody. I am qualified to be a programmer and dev for this game. /s
Everything in my signature is a clickable link
Spoiler: Discord: William#2527

williewest
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Flavorable » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:04 am

marya243 wrote:Just accept the fact that admin or developers of TOS does not care that much about this game. They get their money and that's it. Me and other who play this 2-4 hours daily know how disgusting is to meet trollers 70% of the games and that's a big precentage. But yeah, like if moderators are going to troll or idk, you can just out them by simply adding a report button and at 5 or 10 reports should be checked and monitorised. It's easy to find a solution but yeah, money are good.

Admins don't get paid. Nor do moderators.

You could participate in the Trial System, had you not been banned.

And on that note: apparently people who played for 300 hours don't all know the rules, because you managed to get banned with 4 guilty reports as well. 2 of which, ironically, were for gamethrowing.

So, yeah.. No.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby EqsyLootz » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:36 am

Hagg1s wrote:As a veteran player I require mod status immediately thx

Flav Flav Flav do it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Town of Salem Discussion