Postby mustiboi999 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:24 am

Everytime I play this role I get lynched before I can even ignite anyone
How do you play this role well
mustiboi999
Civilian
Civilian

Re: I want a detailed guide on how to play Arsonist

Postby blackaxe3 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:57 am

One of the main problems is the Mafia. The reason why Arsonists get lynched so often is because Consiglieres can find you and Mafiosos can expose your defense. That’s why it’s best to try and help Town as much as you can, since you can’t just kill the Mafia like a Serial Killer.

Get Neutral Benigns and Evils your side, most will be happy to help an Arsonist over Mafia. Don’t wait too long to ignite since you win every 1v1 you don’t need to douse everyone. Don’t ignite too early either, you will easily be lynched because of the narrowed possibilities. If there’s another Arsonist, coordinate. Douse different targets and one of you should douse a target the same night the other ignites.

Arsonist is actually somewhat easier than Werewolf because it isn’t unique and your attack is Unstoppable, meaning all of your important targets WILL die. You just have to be patient and get Town and Neutrals on your side.
My Name Picks:

Royal Match - my default pick
Melon King - when someone named themselves Pumpkin King
Godfather - for role theme or to just bait people
Cottan Mother - to cause confusion
blackaxe3
Transporter
Transporter

Postby mustiboi999 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:02 pm

blackaxe3 wrote:One of the main problems is the Mafia. The reason why Arsonists get lynched so often is because Consiglieres can find you and Mafiosos can expose your defense. That’s why it’s best to try and help Town as much as you can, since you can’t just kill the Mafia like a Serial Killer.

Get Neutral Benigns and Evils your side, most will be happy to help an Arsonist over Mafia. Don’t wait too long to ignite since you win every 1v1 you don’t need to douse everyone. Don’t ignite too early either, you will easily be lynched because of the narrowed possibilities. If there’s another Arsonist, coordinate. Douse different targets and one of you should douse a target the same night the other ignites.

Arsonist is actually somewhat easier than Werewolf because it isn’t unique and your attack is Unstoppable, meaning all of your important targets WILL die. You just have to be patient and get Town and Neutrals on your side.

Thanks but what to claim as an arsonist
mustiboi999
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:48 pm

You can claim anything because even if an invest checks you you can say you were doused. If there is a spy, you can claim sheriff to out the mafia who visits you. Or you can claim investigator and try to "investigate" whoever visited you. This also makes you likely to be visited by other townies. Claiming veteran is risky but very good if there isn't an actual vet, because if there is a witch she will start sending townies to you every night. And you will know when no one visited you, allowing you to claim you alerted without raising suspicion. Claiming vigi, on the other hand, can lead to you being witched which is terrible. If you are feeling uninspired, claim doctor. There's no way to prove you're not one. Claiming bg is pretty bad because people will suspect you just for claiming it, especially if they know there is an arsonist.

Try to ignite if the ignition will lead to evils having mayority, or if it will lead to a 1 vs 1. You can pick a 2 vs 1 if you are worried, as long as you end up in a kingmaking scenario. Hope this helps.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Return to Town of Salem Discussion