5+ Years of Role Ideas

Post anything related to the game here!

5+ Years of Role Ideas

Postby alex1234321 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:40 am

Today, I decided to look back at my old role ideas. I remember making a few of them, but I have no memory of creating the majority of them. A few of my ideas actually have duplicate names and a lot of them have similar elements. Apparently 5 years ago I really liked roles that would ruin the reporting system by manipulating the chat. I also seem to have had a thing for killing NE roles and NB roles that did weird things N1. Seems like I'm not the most creative person.

Of my 46 role ideas, I made 26 of them in the month after I started posting on the forums, which was in mid-May 2016. After around 2 months of forum posts, my activity decreased drastically. I remember still being active at that point but I guess I was out of ideas for roles. Between August 2016 and January 2018, when I left, I only made three role ideas. Since returning, I have made 7 ideas in just about three months.

12 of my role ideas are Town, 4 are Mafia, and 30 are Neutral. Even since returning, 4 of my 7 ideas were Neutral. I haven't made any Coven roles yet but I might make a couple if I can come up with a balanced idea. I don't try to make lots of Neutral roles, and I'm not sure why I do that. I guess it's because I enjoy Neutral roles the most, which would make sense since I like the Mafia the least and make the fewest Mafia roles. I have made at least one role for each sub-alignment besides MK and CE in addition to two Town Power roles. In total, I've made 10 NB roles, 11 NE roles, and 7 NK roles. No other alignment has more than four roles.

I have only had one truly successful role idea, which was the Psychic (not the expansion role). It had 160 replies and over 34,000 views. None of my other roles have crossed 50 replies or 2,000 views. Interestingly, I have not had any roles with over 1,000 views since June 2016. That is probably due to a combination of decreasing activity, random chance, and less time since creating those roles. The closest I've come has been the Mortician (which I worked on with CapWarrior2), which is currently at 747 views. Hopefully it makes it into the TG and gets to 1,000 views or more.

It would be cool if some other people who have been on the forums for a decently long time look at their past role ideas and analyze them like I did. Maybe we can compare our role idea histories and come up with ways to better and more original ideas.

tl;dr: For some reason I like making tons of Neutral role ideas
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: 5+ Years of Role Ideas

Postby Descender » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:41 am

its because neutral is the most fun to make
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator