Disguiser

Post anything related to the game here!

Disguiser

Postby BrawnTx » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:13 am

Disguiser seems like an almost useless role. I think they should revamp disguiser to where they can select a mafia member and then choose what to disguise them as like sheriff bodyguard etc. either that or just take them outta game. I would prefer the revamp though. thoughts?
BrawnTx
Witch
Witch

Re: Disguiser

Postby EqsyLootz » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:59 am

BrawnTx wrote:Disguiser seems like an almost useless role. I think they should revamp disguiser to where they can select a mafia member and then choose what to disguise them as like sheriff bodyguard etc. either that or just take them outta game. I would prefer the revamp though. thoughts?

Disguiser can actually infact be an EXTREMELY powerful role way stronger than any of the other Mafia Deception roles however it relies much on RNG and Town Roles

For example if there's a Spy disguiser can be outted easily and as you stated useless.

But I've had 3 games before where a Disguiser single handedly got 3 townies shot by vigi, exed and hanged. Example: A Disguiser disguises the Mafioso as the Sheriff. Then they kill someone but the Lookout sees the sheriff visit the role. So The Lookout accuses the sheriff and the sheriff calls the LO Exe. Everyone lynches the sherifff and when the sheriff is shown as sheriff the vigi or Jailor kill the LO.

Of course it relies on how smart the player is but if the Disguiser knows what they are doing they can single handedly ruin the town.

So I have to disagree with you. I think disguiser is perfectly fine as it is.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Descender » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:09 am

BrawnTx wrote:Disguiser seems like an almost useless role. I think they should revamp disguiser to where they can select a mafia member and then choose what to disguise them as like sheriff bodyguard etc. either that or just take them outta game. I would prefer the revamp though. thoughts?

after so many disg revamps, the one we have right now is alright
if you have a good revamp that would make the game better, i suggest role ideas
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:12 pm

Descender wrote:

after so many disg revamps, the one we have right now is alright
if you have a good revamp that would make the game better, i suggest role ideas

ppl who say new disg is useless just show they dont know how to play and the role, and dont understand how it works
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby EqsyLootz » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:18 pm

Disguiser is probs one of my current fav mafia roles besides.

I'd say Consort, Disguiser, GF and Bmer are my personal favs.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby BrawnTx » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:50 pm

EqsyLootz wrote:

Disguiser can actually infact be an EXTREMELY powerful role way stronger than any of the other Mafia Deception roles however it relies much on RNG and Town Roles

For example if there's a Spy disguiser can be outted easily and as you stated useless.

But I've had 3 games before where a Disguiser single handedly got 3 townies shot by vigi, exed and hanged. Example: A Disguiser disguises the Mafioso as the Sheriff. Then they kill someone but the Lookout sees the sheriff visit the role. So The Lookout accuses the sheriff and the sheriff calls the LO Exe. Everyone lynches the sherifff and when the sheriff is shown as sheriff the vigi or Jailor kill the LO.

Of course it relies on how smart the player is but if the Disguiser knows what they are doing they can single handedly ruin the town.

So I have to disagree with you. I think disguiser is perfectly fine as it is.

You're right. I just didn't know how to play disg. ill try this strategy
BrawnTx
Witch
Witch

Return to Town of Salem Discussion