Accuser First

Post anything related to the game here!

Accuser First

Postby Yemac » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:14 pm

So I've been seeing this new "meta" strat in Ranked recently. Where if someone accuses another player (like a sheriff saying someone is sus, a vig saying they shot someone), a lot of people think lynching the accuser first is the best strat. I think this is to avoid a possible executioner win.

However, I would disagree. At best it's an exe who you're giving the win. Yes you lose a towny, but jailor can just execute the exe (of course it should be noted that with witch in ranked there are better strats than just "accused first" vs "accuser first"). Even better if the exe in Ranked votes with town. Th

At worst, you hang a towny who would've been useful to town. Often this is a TI. And you give the accused another day to get majority. Witch can witch jailor and all sorts of things can happen.

I was wondering what this community thought of it. Why is accuser first a good strat, or why is it a bad one?
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: Accuser First

Postby Descender » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:51 pm

where have you seen this? i usually see accused first.
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby OreCreeper » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:28 pm

Descender wrote:where have you seen this? i usually see accused first.

Accuser first = Ranked/RP

Accused first = any gamemode where exe can't spawn (basically only TT/CTT/VIP/lovers).
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Descender » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:58 am

OreCreeper wrote:

Accused first = any gamemode where exe can't spawn (basically only TT/CTT/VIP/lovers).

the rp ive played has had accused first 100% of the time
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:34 am

Descender wrote:
OreCreeper wrote:

Lemme tell you that players in your time zone are dumb wierdos
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Descender » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:37 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
Descender wrote:
OreCreeper wrote:

Lemme tell you that players in your time zone are dumb wierdos

im in gmt and play in the evening
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby EqsyLootz » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:50 am

Accuser first is low elo meta where people don't know proper strats. However Diamond/Master Elo tend to follow the accused first UNLESS there is clear contradiction in the accuser's claim.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Descender » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:58 am

EqsyLootz wrote:Accuser first is low elo meta where people don't know proper strats. However Diamond/Master Elo tend to follow the accused first UNLESS there is clear contradiction in the accuser's claim.

its not specifically a low elo meta
its just a bad meta
it looks better on the surface but really isnt
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Yemac » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:29 am

Descender wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:Accuser first is low elo meta where people don't know proper strats. However Diamond/Master Elo tend to follow the accused first UNLESS there is clear contradiction in the accuser's claim.

its just a bad meta

Exactly. 9/10 times the Sheriff is real and not an exe. Low ELO exes do claim Sheriff, but even then they do it d2 because they want to make sure their target wasn't jailed.

Accuser first just makes it so an important town gets hung and a mafia gets saved. Getting the mafia first means you can get some info on the votes. Not always, it really depends on the quality of the mafia players, but a lot of the time you get some nice info.
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Descender » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:53 am

Yemac wrote:
Descender wrote:

its just a bad meta

Exactly. 9/10 times the Sheriff is real and not an exe. Low ELO exes do claim Sheriff, but even then they do it d2 because they want to make sure their target wasn't jailed.

Accuser first just makes it so an important town gets hung and a mafia gets saved. Getting the mafia first means you can get some info on the votes. Not always, it really depends on the quality of the mafia players, but a lot of the time you get some nice info.

there are definitely situations where you should do accuser first, but overall accused first is fair
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby OreCreeper » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:17 pm

Accused first is also a pretty bad strat because if the sheriff claims IS an exe, then you lose a potentially important townie and witch can still control jailor to stop them from killing the exe. The best strat for town right now is to ignore 1f1s until it is safe to do so without risking town losing majority.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Descender » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:44 pm

OreCreeper wrote:

Accused first is also a pretty bad strat because if the sheriff claims IS an exe, then you lose a potentially important townie and witch can still control jailor to stop them from killing the exe. The best strat for town right now is to ignore 1f1s until it is safe to do so without risking town losing majority.

well neither is just as bad so
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby dolphina » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:11 pm

this tends to happen

sometimes
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby alex1234321 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:13 pm

Either way you're probably going to get a 1f1 unless Witch/Consort messes it up. But with accuser first you get an Exe at best and with accused first you'll probably get Mafia if the claim is correct. So I think accused first is generally a better strategy in Ranked but the best way to do it is to lynch the scummier player.

In All Any 1f1s tend to be worse for Town but I usually push the accuser first due to the number of NKs who pose as Exes to explain their immunity (not a good strat but ppl do it), but it depends on the roles that are present. If there are 4 Mafia confirmed in Classic All Any with a Spy it's probably better to go accused first but if there's an NK (especially a WW) it's usually better to go accuser first.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Descender » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:43 am

alex1234321 wrote:Either way you're probably going to get a 1f1 unless Witch/Consort messes it up. But with accuser first you get an Exe at best and with accused first you'll probably get Mafia if the claim is correct. So I think accused first is generally a better strategy in Ranked but the best way to do it is to lynch the scummier player.

In All Any 1f1s tend to be worse for Town but I usually push the accuser first due to the number of NKs who pose as Exes to explain their immunity (not a good strat but ppl do it), but it depends on the roles that are present. If there are 4 Mafia confirmed in Classic All Any with a Spy it's probably better to go accused first but if there's an NK (especially a WW) it's usually better to go accuser first.

this^
its highly gamemode dependent and really just isnt good for anyone
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby dolphina » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:43 am

just fluctuate your accuser/accused strategy depending on the situation and the rolelist
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Descender » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:45 am

dolphina wrote:just fluctuate your accuser/accused strategy depending on the situation and the rolelist

case by case, basically
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Yemac » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:59 am

Yeh I agree. But I think the meta of accuser first is so dumb, especially in ranked. I have seen exes siding with town after they got their win, so it's way better to help a potential exe than lynching a potential town
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Descender » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:00 am

Yemac wrote:Yeh I agree. But I think the meta of accuser first is so dumb, especially in ranked. I have seen exes siding with town after they got their win, so it's way better to help a potential exe than lynching a potential town
potential exes in ranked are usually blatant doe
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Town of Salem Discussion