MysticMismagius wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:Next reveal is gonna come today

Let's hope we get more information than we did last time

How adorable, you have hope

Let's watch it burn.
I refuse to give up hope

Even if not much is revealed this time either, I'm confident that we'll get more information eventually
I mean yeah, they're eventually going to reveal all this shit they're intentionally hiding to generate a false sense of hype by getting people addicted to the "mystery" and enticing them to chase closure

But if you think they're not going to draw this out for another 5 weeks, if not longer, with just the barest minimum information like they gave us last week, you're in for disappointment.

I think this reveal is going to be very similar to the last one. But I also think it'll be worth the hype.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: "The Next Evolution of Salem"

Postby EqsyLootz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:19 pm

Patience is of course a virtue. Like I said they might reveal more and more each week then the final reveal will blow us off our feet. I think.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby MysticMismagius » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:46 pm

alex1234321 wrote:I think this reveal is going to be very similar to the last one. But I also think it'll be worth the hype.
EqsyLootz wrote:Patience is of course a virtue. Like I said they might reveal more and more each week then the final reveal will blow us off our feet. I think.
Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I can't know. But I don't appreciate the devs jerking us around for almost two months with barely a trickle of information when they could very easily provide SOMETHING for people to talk about. They're trying to generate hype, but there is nothing really present to be hyped for: just an artificial mystery that exploits the brain's desire to have closure and tie up loose ends.

The worst part is, they already learned this from the Unity Port: while it wasn't completely under control, the devs could see the effects of over-extended waiting periods: as people had to wait longer and longer for the port, the hype turned to frustration and boredom. It's quite annoying that now that they actually have some control over this (even if the assets being "revealed" here aren't done yet they can certainly give us more info on them than they have), they're doing the same thing that pissed many people off in the first place.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby vegtable » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:00 pm

Would be fab if it was a set time each day instead of whenever they feel like it... I have to check back more now
vegtable
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby alex1234321 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:25 pm

vegtable wrote:Would be fab if it was a set time each day instead of whenever they feel like it... I have to check back more now

Based on the last two it’s probably always going to be between 23:00 and 24:00 UTC
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby vegtable » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:40 pm

alex1234321 wrote:Based on the last two it’s probably always going to be between 23:00 and 24:00 UTC

Hope so! My alarm is set
vegtable
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:14 pm

HURRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:02 pm

not really that hyped for a bunch of skins Ill never use tbh.....
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:38 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:

Let's watch it burn.
I refuse to give up hope

Even if not much is revealed this time either, I'm confident that we'll get more information eventually
I mean yeah, they're eventually going to reveal all this shit they're intentionally hiding to generate a false sense of hype by getting people addicted to the "mystery" and enticing them to chase closure

But if you think they're not going to draw this out for another 5 weeks, if not longer, with just the barest minimum information like they gave us last week, you're in for disappointment.

Why would you think that though if they've never done this before and never let us down with false hype?
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby MysticMismagius » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:44 pm

DiamondRanger8 wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:

Let's watch it burn.
I refuse to give up hope

Why would you think that though if they've never done this before and never let us down with false hype?
I think this because of the two things that BMG established when they revealed the Pilgrim last week.
1) They established that they're going to make us wait a week for each image.
2) They established that each image reveal is going to give us as little information as they can get away with while not technically "letting us down with false hype".

I specifically said BMG was going to eventually give us the info, but I'm no fool. I can see that they're making this as slow and drawn-out as possible to milk as much hype as they can out of it.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby vegtable » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:58 pm

I specifically said BMG was going to eventually give us the info, but I'm no fool. I can see that they're making this as slow and drawn-out as possible to milk as much hype as they can out of it.

Almost like it's the whole point. They are trying to sell us things and therefore will drag it out for a while to make sure everyone knows smth is coming - does it feel long and drawn out for people who frequent forums and visit every day? well yea I'd assume so. But for outsiders through word of mouth and telling friends to go look what the Dev's are putting up on the forums, a timeline like this isn't wild IMO.

Personally yeah I'd love more info but I'm happy to wait.
vegtable
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby MysticMismagius » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:06 pm

vegtable wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:I specifically said BMG was going to eventually give us the info, but I'm no fool. I can see that they're making this as slow and drawn-out as possible to milk as much hype as they can out of it.
Almost like it's the whole point. They are trying to sell us things and therefore will drag it out for a while to make sure everyone knows smth is coming - does it feel long and drawn out for people who frequent forums and visit every day? well yea I'd assume so.
Like I said earlier, there's a balance to strike. If you make people wait too long on too little information, they will cease to feel excited and instead feel angry, or lose interest. They've only got 7 images and whatever tf they might mean to reveal. Making people wait a week for each image and then not giving any info about them besides their name falls under the category of "making people wait too long with too little information".

vegtable wrote:Personally yeah I'd love more info but I'm happy to wait.
You're saying this on the second week. Come back on the second month and see how you feel then. (If these reveals follows the same pattern as they have so far, it will have taken a total of 7 weeks after the initial announcement to reveal all the images, with maybe another week to provide the context that these images desperately need)

EDIT:
vegtable wrote:But for outsiders through word of mouth and telling friends to go look what the Dev's are putting up on the forums, a timeline like this isn't wild IMO.
What word of mouth, by the way? What exactly are you going to tell your friends about this? There's nothing to say. We have 6 remaining silhouettes, and one image with nothing but a name. Can't exactly spread the hype to an outsider with that little. If the Pilgrim's image came with some actual context behind it when it was revealed, I'd see this point, but in order to generate word-of-mouth marketing you need something interesting to say that your fans can spread around. There's nothing but dust on the wind here.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby vegtable » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:16 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:Like I said earlier, there's a balance to strike. If you make people wait too long on too little information, they will cease to feel excited and instead feel angry, or lose interest. They've only got 6 silhouettes and whatever tf they might mean to reveal. Making people wait a week for each image and then not giving any info about them besides their name falls under the category of "making people wait too long with too little information".

You're saying this on the second week. Come back on the second month and see how you feel then. (If these reveals follows the same pattern as they have so far, it will have taken a total of 7 weeks after the initial announcement to reveal all the images, with maybe another week to provide the context that these images desperately need)

Yeah deffo with you on there is a balance to strike, and this is on the extreme end of 'ok' for me. But also I feel like we are both coming at this from a very different perspective. For me, even though I play maybe an hour, two hours a day I'm not up to date with every move of the devs, and that's the case for such a large section of ToS' daily players.
For someone who rarely ever checks the forums, I haven't been bothered with waiting ages for any of the other updates. The only reason I've been keeping up with this one is sheer chance of dropping by the forums and seeing an update. I'm gonna come back and check for the updates, but there being a week/ month between them will affect me very little. I just think that from the perspective of most of you guys as forum regulars you will feel this drag a lot more than the average ToS player, hence a choice to drag it out to ensure the most traction from all kinds of players
vegtable
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby alex1234321 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:47 pm

I think 7 weeks is perfectly fine if at the end of this we get 7 new roles or a sequel game. We haven't had a truly new role in like 4 years so 2 months really isn't a lot of time. I'm honestly very hyped for this. And if you're not hyped, forget about it and come back in two months.

If it's 7 new skins or other minor graphical changes, I'm going to be upset. But as I have mentioned in previous posts, I doubt they would drag a graphics update for this long. If they did that, they would face a lot of backlash and probably lose a significant chunk of their already dying playerbase.

Edit: rip now it seems like a graphics update. Still holding out hope that this is a sequel and maybe WW is a role in it. And maybe they're messing with us to make us think it's a graphics update. But I don't think BMG is dumb enough to draw out a graphics update for seven weeks.
Last edited by alex1234321 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#SaveTheTG

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby vegtable » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:56 pm

Yooo the WW one looks sick - GG on its belt? wonder whats up with that
vegtable
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby EqsyLootz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:01 pm

alex1234321 wrote:I think 7 weeks is perfectly fine if at the end of this we get 7 new roles or a sequel game. We haven't had a truly new role in like 4 years so 2 months really isn't a lot of time. I'm honestly very hyped for this. And if you're not hyped, forget about it and come back in two months.

If it's 7 new skins or other minor graphical changes, I'm going to be upset. But as I have mentioned in previous posts, I doubt they would drag a graphics update for this long. If they did that, they would face a lot of backlash and probably lose a significant chunk of their already dying playerbase.

Edit: rip now it seems like a graphics update. Still holding out hope that this is a sequel and maybe WW is a role in it. And maybe they're messing with us to make us think it's a graphics update. But I don't think BMG is dumb enough to draw out a graphics update for seven weeks.

I count the new Disguiser, Forger and Retri as new roles as they contain new abilties and play styles. And I agree about it being dumb for them to draw it out. No reason to hype up a community for that.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: "After Many Moons, an Era of Uneasy Peace Began"

Postby EqsyLootz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:06 pm

Anyways cyall next week.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Ezradekezra » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:07 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:

The Werewolf revealed!

Come back next Friday, April 2nd, for another announcement!

Here's the next announcement

It looks neat, but I wish they'd give more info.

Edit: Oh nice, 999 counted posts
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby EqsyLootz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:24 pm

It's more likely each week it will be a reveal till the final week when they do their huge announcement of the upcoming changes.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby EqsyLootz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:24 pm

Anyways, who wants to play the game of guess what the next reveal is (As I honestly have no clue)

I think: Introducing the dinosaur! Since that's all that I can see.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Ezradekezra » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:26 pm

EqsyLootz wrote:Anyways, who wants to play the game of guess what the next reveal is (As I honestly have no clue)

I'm pretty sure that the next one is the Vampire or something

(1000 posts yayyyyyy)
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby alex1234321 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:40 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:Anyways, who wants to play the game of guess what the next reveal is (As I honestly have no clue)

(1000 posts yayyyyyy)

Nah looks like Plaguebearer to me with the bird mask
#SaveTheTG

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Ezradekezra » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:01 pm

alex1234321 wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:

(1000 posts yayyyyyy)

I think that you might have forgotten how to count to 3
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby alex1234321 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:21 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:

(1000 posts yayyyyyy)

Yeah I'm talking about the red one
#SaveTheTG

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Ezradekezra » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:24 pm

alex1234321 wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:

(1000 posts yayyyyyy)

Yeah I'm talking about the red one

Look at the light green one (#5)

I think that one is the Plaguebearer, seeing how this is the current Plaguebearer skin:

Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Town of Salem Discussion