"Traitors in Salem: Banshee and Poisoner Ability Reveal!"

Post anything related to the game here!

Re: "Traitors in Salem Mini Role Reveal"

Postby Emily372 » Tue May 18, 2021 5:14 am

alex1234321 wrote:I'm really disappointed about Vigi suicide guilt. From what I have seen, almost everyone thinks suicide guilt is too much of a punishment. This is the second time that BMG completely ignored changes that are in the process of being tested (the first was Conqueror as a solution for kingmaker situations).

I think maybe BMG is doing this to prevent vigilantes from shooting townspeople for fun. It lowers the chances of gamethrowing/trolling vigilantes.
Serial Killer has killed the TT Jailor... and now the Town has congratulated that serial killer for no reason.
That TT Jailor has a will covered in blood, making it unreadable...
Since there is no medium, the town lost to the SK.
Emily372
Witch
Witch

Postby itsmedash2 » Tue May 18, 2021 6:47 am

Emily372 wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:I'm really disappointed about Vigi suicide guilt. From what I have seen, almost everyone thinks suicide guilt is too much of a punishment. This is the second time that BMG completely ignored changes that are in the process of being tested (the first was Conqueror as a solution for kingmaker situations).

I think maybe BMG is doing this to prevent vigilantes from shooting townspeople for fun. It lowers the chances of gamethrowing/trolling vigilantes.

people will do it regardless, and from a gameplay perspective it basically gives two free kills to the traitors, which may be a lot depending on how this game is supposed to play out. It could just be better to either kill the vig and keep the townie alive, or not allow vig to shoot again after killing the townie
itsmedash2
Witch
Witch

Postby StlnSP » Tue May 18, 2021 7:27 am

itsmedash2 wrote:
Emily372 wrote:

people will do it regardless, and from a gameplay perspective it basically gives two free kills to the traitors, which may be a lot depending on how this game is supposed to play out. It could just be better to either kill the vig and keep the townie alive, or not allow vig to shoot again after killing the townie

if you keep any trigger-happy vigs alive they will still make a network of easily confirmable roles, which is literally what town of salem has been trying to avoid.
Last edited by StlnSP on Wed May 19, 2021 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's short for Stallion, but you can call me Stin.

FM Record: 0 / 0 / 0

Image Spoiler:
Goodbye, GrandChase.
StlnSP
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby itsmedash2 » Tue May 18, 2021 7:44 am

we would need to see actual gameplay first but with how different standard mafia is compared to among us, faking vig shots is definitely a thing that can happen in this style of gameplay
itsmedash2
Witch
Witch

Postby Joacgroso » Fri May 28, 2021 5:47 pm

Huh, I thought the mafia wasn't going to participate in the new game. I'm happy to see the old disguiser back, I always thought it was a cool concept. I'm not sure about its balance implications, though.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Re: "Tavern Concept Reveal, and More Roles!"

Postby Ezradekezra » Fri May 28, 2021 5:56 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:Three roles have passed on their trades to future generations and will appear in Traitors in Salem. The Poisoner, Disguiser, and Sheriff!

The Poisoner is able to kill their target before they even know what hit them, and get away from the scene of the crime with a delayed kill.

The Disguiser takes samples from players to use to create the perfect disguise, allowing them to transform into another player for a period of time.

The Sheriff is a Town role that will be able to check a player and find out if they are good or evil.

With Traitors in Salem users will be able to roam around Salem, with that comes further development of the Town of Salem. The Tavern is one such area and you can see some concept art for it below!

You can see three NPCs located in the Tavern, and a very strong Pumpkin theme for the interior. These NPCs aren’t just for aesthetics, and play an integral part in how the Town wins the game!

I guess the Disguiser defected from the Mafia
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Joacgroso » Fri May 28, 2021 8:08 pm

I think it should be renamed to "shapeshifter" so it fits better with the theme of the game.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Emily372 » Fri May 28, 2021 8:08 pm

Discussion for all revealed roles so far...
Vigilante:
This one looks, highly familiar. I'm betting that the vigilante will have three bullets (maybe more or less depending on the players [a bit similar to the card game, in a way]), that they can use to kill the evildoers. Like in TOS, the TIS Vigilante will die of guilt if they shoot a townie.
Lookout:
This "Eagle Eye" ability is a bit new, but it matches up with the lore quite nicely. After all, the lookout is...
Lookout Role Card wrote:an eagle-eyed observer, stealthily camping outside houses to gain information.

Except now the lookout can use the ability anywhere, not just outside houses.
Wraith:
This is a new role. I still have a few questions, though.
    1. If the Lookout uses their "Eagle Eye" ability, will they be able to see invisible wraiths?
    2. Are invisible wraiths able to use teleporters?
    3. How does the teleporter system work?
Teleporters:
I think this is a bit similar to the vents in among us, except only traitors and witches are able to use them...
Maybe in certain chaos modes, (possibly capture the flag), there will be some teleporters that both townies and traitors will use, or maybe there are some teleporters that townies, but not traitors, can use.

Poisoner:
Very similar to the original poisoner, but the free moving system makes the new poisoner more powerful than the original.
If there are doctors, the doctor will likely have a harder time finding the poisoner's victim than in the original TOS, as the doctor would have to scour the map to find the poisoned victim. In the original, the doctor could just select the poisoned victim's name and heal them, voila. I'm predicting that the delay for killing will be shorter, too, as the delay couldn't be any shorter than 1 day in the original TOS, but if the delay is longer, the poisoner might be left undetected, unless the poisoned victim, or a witness, has good evidence against them.
Disguiser:
Since when did the disguiser enter the traitor faction from the Mafia? I thought the Mafia went to Italy and will not be joining...
Maybe the Disguiser passed down their disguising abilities to a certain witch before going back to Italy with the other mafia members, and that witch passed down those abilities to her posterity? Then again, the mechanics are a bit different from the original disguiser (The sampling system is new).
With the new free moving system, the disguiser might be able to disguise as another to frame that other person, especially for the witnesses.
Sheriff: Not much changed, but I have some questions to ask:
    1. How many times can the Sheriff use their ability per night?
    2. Will all traitors be shown as "Evil"? Or, like in the original TOS, have some evil roles be shown as evil and others be shown as good?
    3. Not a question, but I feel like that maybe the Sheriff will be a bit... underestimated. At least, it was in TOS. The role is still vital, however.
Tavern:
The location system is new. Wonder how the interaction between NPCs will work.
Serial Killer has killed the TT Jailor... and now the Town has congratulated that serial killer for no reason.
That TT Jailor has a will covered in blood, making it unreadable...
Since there is no medium, the town lost to the SK.
Emily372
Witch
Witch

Postby Joacgroso » Fri May 28, 2021 8:12 pm

To be fair, we don't even know if TiS will have a day/night cycle yet.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby alex1234321 » Fri May 28, 2021 8:20 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else think the NPCs are going to be similar to the Among Us tasks?

The more they announce, the more similar it seems to Among Us. The new roles are cool though, and I'm definitely hoping for some unique mechanics like a day/night cycle.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Joacgroso » Fri May 28, 2021 8:24 pm

alex1234321 wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else think the NPCs are going to be similar to the Among Us tasks?

Seems likely. The town needs a way to pressure evils into playing.

The only thing that annoys me are teleporters, since those are too similar to vents. But considering the amount of videos of among us with roles, I guess TiS may be better than Among Us, as long as the devs really care (that's one of the strong points of Among Us, in my opinion).

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Sat May 29, 2021 2:09 pm

Tbh, I wouldn't mind a version of Among Us with actual content updates, and an actual team. Among Us is a fun game, but it lacks in content updates, so maybe TiS will pick up the slack?
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Joacgroso » Sat May 29, 2021 2:21 pm

Didn't among us add a new map not so long ago?

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby itsmedash2 » Sat May 29, 2021 4:07 pm

Among Us also has a small dev team, and are also working on a big update anyway
itsmedash2
Witch
Witch

Postby itsmedash2 » Sat May 29, 2021 4:08 pm

Honestly given the roles, and NPCs being introduced, I have a feeling this will stray from the original 'among us clone' i suspected it'd be and more of just a similar concept
itsmedash2
Witch
Witch

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Sat May 29, 2021 8:33 pm

NPCs could be merchants? I think there could be day/night cycles, kind of like a live action mafia game with maybe some elements from among us?
Spoiler: Image

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby StlnSP » Sun May 30, 2021 4:55 am

the NPC's reminds me of that minecraft werewolf mod where there was shops where you can buy tools to do stuff with
It's short for Stallion, but you can call me Stin.

FM Record: 0 / 0 / 0

Image Spoiler:
Goodbye, GrandChase.
StlnSP
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Stiersquid » Sun May 30, 2021 8:12 am

Ib4 the npcs are just tasks.
Gladiators! Are you ready for the opportunity of a lifetime? Fight in a battle that will go down in history. Eight challengers enter and one leaves with a prize no man could imagine. Are you ready to rumble?!
https://discord.gg/UNf4QJuA
Stiersquid
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Sun May 30, 2021 11:08 am

I'm not blaming the Among Us team but, tbh, they really need a bigger team if they expect to keep the game alive, and that's where BMG could improve on it, partly.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby itsmedash2 » Sun May 30, 2021 11:33 am

The game is still alive and played by many people today. It doesn't need constant updates to keep going. That kinda mindset encourages crunch which will lead to rushed content and stressed out team members
itsmedash2
Witch
Witch

Postby Joacgroso » Sun May 30, 2021 11:43 am

I agree. But it's not like BMG is that big anyway. Aren't they like 5 people?
Last edited by Joacgroso on Sun May 30, 2021 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby itsmedash2 » Sun May 30, 2021 11:47 am

Probably, I dont pay much attention to this stuff
itsmedash2
Witch
Witch

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Sun May 30, 2021 5:34 pm

Why doesn't the Among Us team just, hire more people then? I think they only have 1 dev who's actually working on the game, so it's kind of to much work to put on one person.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby itsmedash2 » Sun May 30, 2021 6:37 pm

Because there's no rush and it's clear the team are comfortable with how they are now.
itsmedash2
Witch
Witch

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:08 pm

It seems that Innersloth is planning to implement roles into among us in the near future. If this is really what the playerbase wants, there's a chance TiS will have the advantage as long as it doesn't come off as overcomplicated.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

PreviousNext

Return to Town of Salem Discussion