Change my mind....
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Re: Whats the worst traitor role?

Postby SizzleShot » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:16 am

Why is bg suddenly not the worst in coven? And why is sheriff not the worst in classic?

I think bg is the worst overall.
SPLOOF
SizzleShot
Witch
Witch

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:24 am

SizzleShot wrote:Why is bg suddenly not the worst in coven? And why is sheriff not the worst in classic?

I think bg is the worst overall.

It easier to gain majority/ kill the jailor outright early in coven, so losing the traitor isnt neccessarily bad. Especially if he was BG and saved a killing role from (and also took out) the vigi.

Sheriff sucks because even when sheriff is town, they usually end up checking ''sus'' people - eg medusa bait (where they get stoned), or someone who was obviously the evil on the psy vision (idk why noobs do this, but they always do) so they give town a very small advantage anyway.
When theyre traitor, they offer no extra information to the coven, (and usually randomly visit a vet or a crus target anyway - cos u know... gotta click that button) and from finding nobody suspicious, they are sus themselves when it comes to tt hunt.

In classic, medusa and psy dont exist, so the TI aspect makes it more powerful against mafia than coven.
Losing traitor as maf - even if he saved from and took out the vigi, is hard to come back from (what do i know... i dont play classic....)
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby OreCreeper » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:24 am

kyuss420 wrote:classic - BG

coven - sheriff

Change my mind....

Coven psychic TT is also pretty bad. I'm not sure if it's worse than sheriff, but people expect you to find evils every other day so not only are you not offering anything useful to the coven, you are also a liability because you are outing at least one of them every other day. Also, psychics are also lynched pretty early in TT hunt.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Ezradekezra » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:36 am

Anything that's not TK, TS, or Crus is kinda bad as the TT imo

LO and Tracker can help identify TPs and stuff ig, but CL and PM already have ways of doing that

BG is the worst regardless of the mode, since it has to die to perform its action, and the protected teammate will still be outed from the fact that the TT BG was on them, killing 2 evils to get rid of 1 Vigi.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby OreCreeper » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:36 am

Ezradekezra wrote:Anything that's not TK, TS, or Crus is kinda bad as the TT imo

LO and Tracker can help identify TPs and stuff ig, but CL and PM already have ways of doing that

BG is the worst regardless of the mode, since it has to die to perform its action, and the protected teammate will still be outed from the fact that the TT BG was on them, killing 2 evils to get rid of 1 Vigi.

Doctor can be useful to help mafia/coven survive TK or TP. Trapper can give coven some info by acting as a role lookout and can get a free kill on vigilante if they shoot an outed coven member. Most of the TIs though except investigator, lookout, and tracker are basically completely useless. Investigator is also pretty bad but at least it's almost a consigliere because in each result at most 2 town is present, and in coven you know who all the evils are. It also has the added bonus of being unable to be detected by spy.

Other than the abovementioned roles, the rest of the TTs can really only lie to clear their coven members of suspicion, but then again so can other coven members. The only real advantage of being a TT sheriff or something is that if you are checked by TIs, you will show up as town. So if an investigator finds you as sheriff, your results will definitely seem more credible if you lie to say, find a coven member as innocent. But that relies on you being checked by an investigator. With spy, you can only really lie about visits, which isn't even possible if there's another spy. With psychic, you can put 3 innocents in your will, but when all the people in your will are killed or confirmed, you will be killed. And with psychic you don't even have the bonus of having an invest result that confirms you as town. I think psychic is the only TI that has a coven member in their results other than LO which is easily confirmable.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:26 am

well, if the invest checked you early game (or on a night someone was stoned) then youre kind of cleared as not being medusa (what kind of noob dusa doesnt gaze n1 and 2??) and putting 3 innos in your will gives coven a hell of a lot of time to gain majority (do towns really lynch the tt over confirmed coven?) I mean...jailor should be dead n3 if town hasnt fucked with the CL...if any of the tt crew were any good at VIP (which they arent) they would easily have TP and jailor dead by n3, if they have outed themselves... and town love to listen to psychics, so its a strong tt role, even if they dont claim psy and withhold the information from town it makes them strong.
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Yemac » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:30 am

BG is absolutely the worst TT in Classic TT.

If you're revealed as TP, and maf doesn't kill you then you're automatically suspicious
Witch can witch mafia into Jailor killing you as TT
You can never kill jailor because you get hanged for not being on Jailor
BG will need to veticide at one point so they die to that.
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:29 am

kyuss420 wrote:well, if the invest checked you early game (or on a night someone was stoned) then youre kind of cleared as not being medusa (what kind of noob dusa doesnt gaze n1 and 2??) and putting 3 innos in your will gives coven a hell of a lot of time to gain majority (do towns really lynch the tt over confirmed coven?) I mean...jailor should be dead n3 if town hasnt fucked with the CL...if any of the tt crew were any good at VIP (which they arent) they would easily have TP and jailor dead by n3, if they have outed themselves... and town love to listen to psychics, so its a strong tt role, even if they dont claim psy and withhold the information from town it makes them strong.

congrats for the SK flair
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Descender » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:59 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:well, if the invest checked you early game (or on a night someone was stoned) then youre kind of cleared as not being medusa (what kind of noob dusa doesnt gaze n1 and 2??) and putting 3 innos in your will gives coven a hell of a lot of time to gain majority (do towns really lynch the tt over confirmed coven?) I mean...jailor should be dead n3 if town hasnt fucked with the CL...if any of the tt crew were any good at VIP (which they arent) they would easily have TP and jailor dead by n3, if they have outed themselves... and town love to listen to psychics, so its a strong tt role, even if they dont claim psy and withhold the information from town it makes them strong.

congrats for the SK flair

first one in a long while
it appears kyuss took up my spot of "person who posts too much" in my absence
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Town of Salem Discussion