Spy issue on blackmail

Post anything related to the game here!

Spy issue on blackmail

Postby StormReturn » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:53 am

Hi guys,

I was using Spy on a game.

On Night 3, I was bugged let just say player A. The message was showed the player A was visited by mafia. Also, player B and player C was visited by mafia.

Here the problem, I was show my will to the player. And I got hang by Mayor.
At first, I thought the Mayor was threw the game.
When he died in the chat, he gave the reason was he was visited by mafia and got blackmailed.
Saying that my will does not have his name on it.

I checked my chat again, but it turned out his name wasn't visited by mafia.
Is that possible for a spy unable to detect blackmailer blackmail someone or maybe the message will not pop out when blackmailer visit someone?
StormReturn
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Spy issue on blackmail

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:35 am

is possible that the mayor is a filthy dirty cheatin LIAR

was there even a BMer in game?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Brilliand » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:41 am

Disguiser can hide a Mafia visit from the Spy. Was there a Disguiser in that game?
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby EqsyLootz » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:33 pm

Brilliand wrote:Disguiser can hide a Mafia visit from the Spy. Was there a Disguiser in that game?

Yeah I was about to say. A Disguiser blocks spy visits so if there were 3 visits chances are a Disguiser could've messed with the results. Disg is a complicated role for new players but it's important to learn it to avoid mislynches.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby StormReturn » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:02 am

Hi guys. Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, I think there was a disguiser on that game.

I never know that disguiser can mess up the spy information.
Thank you all of your answer.

I was hanged by Mayor when he say my will doesn't have mafia visited him which the disguiser has done something.
Cheers. =)
StormReturn
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby StormReturn » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:11 am

Hi kyuss420,

I don't want judge that Mayor right after on this issue especially me and the Mayor's conversation is getting heat by accusing me throwing the game.
I was avoid any argument with him since the conversation is not going to be fruitful.
At first I thought he might messed up with me, but I think there might be some reasons that I missed it up. (I didn't know disguiser can cause some mess on spy's information until now)

Anywhere, thanks for you reply.
Cheers. =)
StormReturn
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:10 am

StormReturn wrote:Hi kyuss420,

I don't want judge that Mayor right after on this issue especially me and the Mayor's conversation is getting heat by accusing me throwing the game.
I was avoid any argument with him since the conversation is not going to be fruitful.
At first I thought he might messed up with me, but I think there might be some reasons that I missed it up. (I didn't know disguiser can cause some mess on spy's information until now)

Anywhere, thanks for you reply.
Cheers. =)

Seems the mayor didnt know either
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby PatrykSzczescie » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:29 pm

This is quite hilarious that disguiser is considered a bad role but when the disguiser uses the ability properly, town reports each other for gamethrowing due to messed up TI results.
PatrykSzczescie
Transporter
Transporter

Postby OreCreeper » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:45 pm

PatrykSzczescie wrote:This is quite hilarious that disguiser is considered a bad role but when the disguiser uses the ability properly, town reports each other for gamethrowing due to messed up TI results.

Disguiser kind of suffers from what I like to call "new role syndrome" which is basically when a role is new and no one has gotten used to it being in games yet, so it ends up being pretty broken. Hypnotist suffered from this too, back when it was first introduced into classic, it was pretty OP because no one knew how to deal with it. You had people cc'ing witched and accusing each other, and fake transporter claims were still 100% trusted because that's the way it has been for literally ages. It was also the case with new forger, veterans and retris used to be lynched for claiming their role when there was a forged vet or retri in the graveyard when the role first came out. For disguiser, people are used to spy/LO info being 100% reliable, so when a spy/LO posts false info because of a disguiser, people immediately think that the player lied and was gamethrowing. This is also why you see so many posts in the bug reports section going like "I didn't see mafia visit the mafia kill as spy!" or something like that.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Kelisidina » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:50 am

To respond to Orecreeper, I do think disguiser is a very good RM early-game, especially since they can restrict the capability of TIs finding the mafia. The only problem are spies who see the disguiser visiting their own mafia.

In a game with a bunch of experienced players, [from what I can remember at least] I was witch and there was a framer, disguiser, sheriff, and spy [all are very good, high elo players]. The disguiser disguised the framer as someone else night one, causing a 3-maf visit night one. Nobody questioned that, as there could have been 2 RMs that randomly visited. All was good. The framer then told the sheriff claim to check a doc claim to confirm themself. On night two, the framer framed the doctor, causing the sheriff to find the doctor suspicious. Since the disguiser disguised the framer night one, the spy did not see the framer visit the doc claim night two. The spy was very suspicious on the sheriff to begin with, and them finding someone suspicious night 2 made them wary. Likewise, the sheriff thought that the player who told them to check the doc claim might've been framer who framed, but the SPY WILL NIGHT 2 confirmed them as not framed, so she [the sheriff] hard pushed on the doc claim. The doc claim got put up, and the disguiser ccd. I believe the spy [who was pushing against the sheriff on day 2] was the only inno on the doc claim, who turned out to be the doctor. The spy was yelling for the sheriff to be executed, and the sheriff was then saying the player she whispered with the day before was framer and that the spy was fake.

For some weird reason, the jailor didn't execute that night, but now everyone was hard pushing on the sheriff, who was trying to say that the spy and framer were fake. The town were forced to believe the spy, as they were the only hard inno on the doctor. The sheriff got up and was swiftly hanged, which confused everyone.

At this point, mafia had already gotten 2 mislynches in a row and had killed a total of 2 townies since the frame night two. The transporter and mafioso had died night one to an alerting veteran, and the BG had killed the GF night two. That's 6 townies killed since the sheriff hang, and now an exe, witch [who knew the mafs :D], 2 mafs versus 3 townies. The jailor had jailed me and didn't execute. The jailor was then killed, and the evils won.

The point of the story is to prove that with experienced players, disguiser can prove to be very very useful, even up against almost half of the Top 25 players.

PatrykSzczescie wrote:This is quite hilarious that disguiser is considered a bad role but when the disguiser uses the ability properly, town reports each other for gamethrowing due to messed up TI results.
Funnily enough, this report shows the spy telling the town to report sheriff for gamethrowing. Infact, when I check it out, I notice that the MAJORITY of the dead chat was debating whether the spy was evil or the sheriff was evil. Overall, a very good game!
Last edited by Kelisidina on Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I AM !@#$%^#-------- C0NSIG/WiTCH ON ME T0 DeSCRAMBLE C0DE-------- BMER D0NT CoME!!!!----------------- XDiES HAS MALE B00BS!
Kelisidina
Transporter
Transporter

Postby OreCreeper » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:56 am

Kelisidina wrote:To respond to Orecreeper, I do think disguiser is a very good RM early-game, especially since they can restrict the capability of TIs finding the mafia The only problem are spies who see the disguiser visiting their own mafia.

In a game with a bunch of experienced players, [from what I can remember at least] I was witch and there was a framer, disguiser, sheriff, and spy [all are very good, high elo players]. The disguiser disguised the framer as someone else night one, causing a 3-maf visit night one. Nobody questioned that, as there could have been 2 RMs that randomly visited. All was good. The framer then told the sheriff claim to check a doc claim to confirm themself. On night two, the framer framed the doctor, causing the sheriff to find the doctor suspicious. Since the disguiser disguised the framer night one, the spy did not see the framer visit the doc claim night two. The spy was very suspicious on the sheriff to begin with, and them finding someone suspicious night 2 made them wary. Likewise, the sheriff thought that the player who told them to check the doc claim might've been framer who framed, but the SPY WILL NIGHT 2 confirmed them as not framed, so she [the sheriff] hard pushed on the doc claim. The doc claim got put up, and the disguiser ccd. I believe the spy [who was pushing against the sheriff on day 2] was the only inno on the doc claim, who turned out to be the doctor. The spy was yelling for the sheriff to be executed, and the sheriff was then saying the player she whispered with the day before was framer and that the spy was fake.

For some weird reason, the jailor didn't execute that night, but now everyone was hard pushing on the sheriff, who was trying to say that the spy and framer were fake. The town were forced to believe the spy, as they were the only hard inno on the doctor. The sheriff got up and was swiftly hanged, which confused everyone.

At this point, mafia had already gotten 2 mislynches in a row and had killed a total of 2 townies since the frame night two. The transporter and mafioso had died night one to an alerting veteran, and the BG had killed the GF night two. That's 6 townies killed since the sheriff hang, and now an exe, witch [who knew the mafs :D], 2 mafs versus 3 townies. The jailor had jailed me and didn't execute. The jailor was then killed, and the evils won.

The point of the story is to prove that with experienced players, disguiser can prove to be very very useful, even up against almost half of the Top 25 players.

Yeah, there's no doubt that disguiser is good, but it's probably an A or B tier mafia role that looks like S tier rn because no one knows how to deal with it. It was the case with hypno as well; I got it a few times when it just escaped into classic, and every time I faked transporter, people immediately regarded me as a confirmed townie even if a spy confirmed the mafia visited one of my targets. But now, it's considered to be on the worse side of mafia roles because people learned to spot it. This will happen with disguiser too, but to a smaller extent because unlike hypnotist, disguiser is actually useful.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Kelisidina » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:24 pm

Yeah, definitely.

The best RM has always and consistently been consort, especially because of how it stops most other important town roles from using their abilities [TP, jailor, vigilante, etc.]

I am a firm believer that TS is very powerful late game and TI is powerful early game [especially since ALL TS roles are immune to an rb], so hypnos, consigs, janitors, framers and disguisers should be in charge of the early game, and consort/bmer should be in charge of everything else. [For ambusher, it can work any time of game, so I would rate that 2nd if used well]
I AM !@#$%^#-------- C0NSIG/WiTCH ON ME T0 DeSCRAMBLE C0DE-------- BMER D0NT CoME!!!!----------------- XDiES HAS MALE B00BS!
Kelisidina
Transporter
Transporter

Return to Town of Salem Discussion