Devs/Mods/Admins, some questions, as players, not staff.

Post anything related to the game here!

Devs/Mods/Admins, some questions, as players, not staff.

Postby Cookazoo2 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:51 pm

1. What do you think of the role lists?
  2. Do you find this game entertaining or is it sometimes frustrating to play?
  3. What are your favorite roles? To play? As concepts?
Hiya. I'm a Tactical Mafia Kills supporter.

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Re: Devs/Mods/Admins, some questions, as players, not staff.

Postby cob709 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:58 pm

1. The role list is quite balanced. If both teams play well, then it really comes down to how the TKs act, and if the TIs can coordinate and confirm each other. If one team plays better than the other, then they will win. If both teams play poorly, then it entirely comes down to Town's power roles and if they can get it together, or Mafia's kill choices. Overall, it depends more on coordination, teamwork, and decision making.

2. The frustration is part of the fun. Things can turn around really quickly if town doesn't coordinate. It's chaos and panicky.

3. Generally, I don't play favorites. I strive to achieve mastery with every role and every playstyle.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby lemonader666 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:35 pm

cob709 wrote:1. The role list is quite balanced. If both teams play well, then it really comes down to how the TKs act, and if the TIs can coordinate and confirm each other. If one team plays better than the other, then they will win. If both teams play poorly, then it entirely comes down to Town's power roles and if they can get it together, or Mafia's kill choices. Overall, it depends more on coordination, teamwork, and decision making.

2. The frustration is part of the fun. Things can turn around really quickly if town doesn't coordinate. It's chaos and panicky.

3. Generally, I don't play favorites. I strive to achieve mastery with every role and every playstyle.

You're not a staff member cob

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:59 pm

lemonader666 wrote:
cob709 wrote:1. The role list is quite balanced. If both teams play well, then it really comes down to how the TKs act, and if the TIs can coordinate and confirm each other. If one team plays better than the other, then they will win. If both teams play poorly, then it entirely comes down to Town's power roles and if they can get it together, or Mafia's kill choices. Overall, it depends more on coordination, teamwork, and decision making.

You're not a staff member cob

As a self-appointed god, I believe Cob is more than qualified to answer the question.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:30 am

I don't think the devs play the game. That's what everyone says, at least.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Descender » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:36 pm

Joacgroso wrote:I don't think the devs play the game. That's what everyone says, at least.

im pretty sure they used to, they just dont as much anymore
they probably play on alt accounts if they do though
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Hiway202 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:35 pm

You didn't list judges but I'll answer :P

1. What do you think of the role lists?

I mostly play Coven All Any, so I'm probably the wrong person to ask about role lists lol but I've been thinking about trying out this new season of ranked and maybe some of the other modes cause I'm curious.

2. Do you find this game entertaining or is it sometimes frustrating to play?

I find this game fun. Sometimes I get frustrated if something unbelievably stupid happens in one of my games but I just try to remind myself that it's just a game and I generally try to be positive about it.

3. What are your favorite roles? To play? As concepts?

I like being town roles the best, mostly TI's. I'd say some of my favorites are sheriff, invest, spy (I know, I'm in the minority lol), and psychic. My favorite evil role overall would have to be Arso. I always feel so satisfied when I win as it. My favorite mafia role would be consig and my favorite coven role would be Necro. I think I'm more of a fan of the classic witch than I am of coven leader. I find jailor fun sometimes, but mostly in all any. when I play a mode with a role list I always find it too stressful :P
Hello, my name's Elencia! I'm happy to answer questions, so feel free to send me a PM if you need anything! However, I don't have the power to grant your appeal, so please don't PM me about that.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Hiway202
Trial System Judge
Trial System Judge

Postby Flavorable » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:53 pm

I steal Hiway's first answer, about the rolelists. Apart from the fact that I'm not trying Ranked because I personally don't find it challenging and I find the people ingame to be way more toxic.

As for number 2:

Well, I've played roughly 4700 games, so I do find the game entertaining, obviously (although the NK patches are something I very strongly disagree with). I wouldn't say the game is frustrating, although I would say some of its players level of intelligence (or common sense) can be extremely frustrating. (Revealed Mayor: "Framer, Vamp, Jest, HM are NOT real invest results! Lynch this!")

Number 3:

My all-time favorite role is Survivor. It's by far the role I have the most wins with in total and it's the role I enjoy the most, because of the versatility. I can lead the game, while playing people out against each other, making sure that by Day 5, when my vests are out, I get to pick the person who can win with me. My Survivor games almost never end in a loss.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Town of Salem Discussion