language barrier

Post anything related to the game here!

language barrier

Postby sokkimy2018 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:55 pm

Dear Tos Deverlopers.
I feel very sorry for not being able to invite my friends to play your game, more specifically my country, Vietnam.
My idol plays ToS today, but frankly he is very bad at English. He has over 3 million subscribers on a youtube channel called mixigaming. As an idol of my country's youth.
I hope the developer is interested in allowing game translations to be translated into languages other than English.
Developers please pay more attention to the custom section can set a password to strangers can not participate.
This game is very complicated and not easy to get used to for newbies if the language barrier is too big for them to learn English is too difficult and takes a lot of time.
I sincerely thank you for taking the time to read.
sokkimy2018

Re: language barrier

Postby James2 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:02 pm

It has been pointed out that the devs could immediately create servers for every language that uses the Latin alphabet. They've chosen not to do this for some reason.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Brilliand » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:55 am

James2 wrote:It has been pointed out that the devs could immediately create servers for every language that uses the Latin alphabet. They've chosen not to do this for some reason.

Size of playerbase might be a factor. Creating servers that don't have enough players to start a game would just look bad.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby James2 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:59 am

I don't see how it'd be any worse than not having servers at all. The result (speakers of those languages either not playing or going to the English server) would be the same either way.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:47 am

Brilliand wrote:
James2 wrote:It has been pointed out that the devs could immediately create servers for every language that uses the Latin alphabet. They've chosen not to do this for some reason.

Size of playerbase might be a factor. Creating servers that don't have enough players to start a game would just look bad.

you mean like Coven ranked?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Brilliand » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:52 am

kyuss420 wrote:you mean like Coven ranked?

Yes.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby James2 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:37 am

kyuss420 wrote:
Brilliand wrote:

How is anyone worse off for the existence of Coven Ranked?
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:06 am

James2 wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:
Brilliand wrote:

How is anyone worse off for the existence of Coven Ranked?

try queueing for it, then tell me you arent any worse off.....
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby anaviana91 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:43 pm

Yeah, Ive been trying to get my friends to plat this game, but with the language barrier its gonna be impossible
anaviana91

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:12 pm

I see no reason to create more servers if it costs nothing to the devs. Otherwise, I think it would be nice if people were able to create private lobbies (see the link in my signature) so they can play in the language they want, without needing 14 other players to start a game.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:27 pm

Joacgroso wrote:I see no reason to create more servers if it costs nothing to the devs. Otherwise, I think it would be nice if people were able to create private lobbies (see the link in my signature) so they can play in the language they want, without needing 14 other players to start a game.

Nothing in the history of mankind costs nothing.
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:57 pm

I was referring to what James2 said.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Descender » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:09 am

kyuss420 wrote:
Brilliand wrote:

you mean like Coven?

fixed it for ya
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Town of Salem Discussion