The "Is it bannable/reportable" thread

Post anything related to the game here!

The "Is it bannable/reportable" thread

Postby Kamaree » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:13 am

I'll start out with 2 that I've always wondered.. (Not saying that I'm going to start reporting for it, just some things I've seen and wondered about)

Is it reportable if mafia kills the witch, knowing they are the witch and the NK is dead?

Is it reportable if the medium dies and leaves without using their seance? They left before their role duties were completed. I see this happen all the time. I've always wondered if it is reportable because they still had a job to do.
Kamaree
Survivor
Survivor

Re: The "Is it bannable/reportable" thread

Postby Descender » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:18 am

no and no
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby FrenchyTheSphee » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:45 pm

Pretty simply answered by heli

But I do like this kind of thread to have some fun in let's not just kill it with these 2 answers

I already know the answer to this but who cares let's make this thread live

Is it reportable that Spy does not visit the revealed Jailor n1?
FrenchyTheSphee
Spy
Spy

Postby dolphina » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:52 pm

No ya fricker Jailor meta suuuuuccckkkkksssss
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby cob709 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:21 am

as godfather, is it reportable for killing the town traitor?
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby dolphina » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:57 am

Yes, if they specifically chose to do it

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby FrenchyTheSphee » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:19 am

dolphina wrote:No ya fricker Jailor meta suuuuuccckkkkksssss

I disagree, If you don't follow a direct order from a confirmed townie that confirms you and other people that is reportable

It's the same thing as an Investigator not claiming or revealing or doing any of his abilities to confirm people or find information.
FrenchyTheSphee
Spy
Spy

Postby dolphina » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:06 pm

FrenchyTheSphee wrote:

I disagree, If you don't follow a direct order from a confirmed townie that confirms you and other people that is reportable

It's the same thing as an Investigator not claiming or revealing or doing any of his abilities to confirm people or find information.

Jailor meta makes Townies even more op

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby CrimsonKatana » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:20 pm

I don't think Jailor meta is OP
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Kamaree » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:28 pm

Jailor meta works to a point..

Most of the time Jailor dies to Arso by D3 and 1 or 2 townies don't go on Jailor to confirm themselves, and usually TP or a role that could be confirmed by LO is jailed or the LO themselves are jailed lol.. A lot of times there isn't even a LO to confirm anyone..

Jailor Meta only works when the conditions are right.
Kamaree
Survivor
Survivor

Postby CrimsonKatana » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:45 pm

Jailor meta is a a part of the best possible town strategy but I don't think even the best possible town strat is OP
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Kamaree » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:32 pm

CrimsonKatana wrote:Jailor meta is a a part of the best possible town strategy but I don't think even the best possible town strat is OP

Agreed, it's a great town strat if town is lucky enough to get the right roles and N1 actions. However, those right conditions don't happen as often as most people want you to believe.

I have found that usually the ones who complain about Jailor meta are the ones who are not that great at being maf.
Kamaree
Survivor
Survivor

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:56 am

FrenchyTheSphee wrote:

The only thing considered a ''confirmed townie'' is a revealed mayor and a ressurected player, and even then, its not a gamethrow to do whatever the fuck you want, instead of what they told you to do. So all your reports are being innoed, and Im not spending time reading thru anymore gamethrow reports that day (so legit reports arent getting guiltied).

By your logic, the ''confirmed townie'' should be reported for telling vigi to shoot player 3, when player 3 turns out to be a doc.... ''He didnt play his role the way I would have'' or ''he didnt play the way i told him to'' is a spite report and will be innoed 100%

Not bugging jailor n1 as spy is a G/T report... smh dude, and you think the spy is dumb.... your opinion isnt worth shit, its whats written in the rules that counts and that is what jurors base their guiltys on. Stop wasting our time with this kind of bullshit report, and maybe youll see real gamethrowers getting dealt with faster.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Brilliand » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:50 pm

cob709 wrote:as godfather, is it reportable for killing the town traitor?

dolphina wrote:Yes, if they specifically chose to do it

I could see some possible strategies around attacking the Traitor on a night when you think they will be protected, though. A Doctor confirming that "the Mafia attacked this person" can go a long way in the TT countdown.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby FrenchyTheSphee » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:06 pm

kyuss420 wrote:
FrenchyTheSphee wrote:

The only thing considered a ''confirmed townie'' is a revealed mayor and a ressurected player, and even then, its not a gamethrow to do whatever the fuck you want, instead of what they told you to do. So all your reports are being innoed, and Im not spending time reading thru anymore gamethrow reports that day (so legit reports arent getting guiltied).

By your logic, the ''confirmed townie'' should be reported for telling vigi to shoot player 3, when player 3 turns out to be a doc.... ''He didnt play his role the way I would have'' or ''he didnt play the way i told him to'' is a spite report and will be innoed 100%

Not bugging jailor n1 as spy is a G/T report... smh dude, and you think the spy is dumb.... your opinion isnt worth shit, its whats written in the rules that counts and that is what jurors base their guiltys on. Stop wasting our time with this kind of bullshit report, and maybe youll see real gamethrowers getting dealt with faster.

Damn dude relax.

It seems like you have seen a lot of gamethrowing reports
FrenchyTheSphee
Spy
Spy

Postby kyuss420 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:28 am

FrenchyTheSphee wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:
FrenchyTheSphee wrote:

Damn dude relax.

It seems like you have seen a lot of gamethrowing reports

yup and 90% of em are a waste of time....being dumb, or making a mistake that costs the game (or gets a townie killed) isnt gamethrowing. So its kind of annoying that someone is posting misinformation (based on an opinion) on a thread about what is and isnt a gamethrow according to the trial rules.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Ellenore » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:33 pm

I have questions. Is it baneable when people is AFK and is not doing their work hence getting lynched when they are town? It happens a lot in my games and people never gets banned even if i report
Ellenore

Postby Brilliand » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:54 pm

Ellenore wrote:I have questions. Is it baneable when people is AFK and is not doing their work hence getting lynched when they are town? It happens a lot in my games and people never gets banned even if i report

I cannot find anything in the trial guide to indicate that AFKing all game is a bannable offense. So I guess the answer is no... that isn't bannable.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby cob709 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:44 pm

Brilliand wrote:
Ellenore wrote:I have questions. Is it baneable when people is AFK and is not doing their work hence getting lynched when they are town? It happens a lot in my games and people never gets banned even if i report

I cannot find anything in the trial guide to indicate that AFKing all game is a bannable offense. So I guess the answer is no... that isn't bannable.

"No AFKing"
"Do not leave your computer for an extended time during live gameplay" - Town of Salem Rules Menu
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Brilliand » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:36 am

cob709 wrote:
Brilliand wrote:I cannot find anything in the trial guide to indicate that AFKing all game is a bannable offense. So I guess the answer is no... that isn't bannable.

"No AFKing"
"Do not leave your computer for an extended time during live gameplay" - Town of Salem Rules Menu

Oh, well apparently it's against the rules then, but I can't find anything in the trial system jurors' guide that says to guilty it.

So... an oversight perhaps? In any case it probably isn't getting punished nowadays, even if it technically should be.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby OreCreeper » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:21 pm

Brilliand wrote:
cob709 wrote:
Brilliand wrote:I cannot find anything in the trial guide to indicate that AFKing all game is a bannable offense. So I guess the answer is no... that isn't bannable.

"No AFKing"

Oh, well apparently it's against the rules then, but I can't find anything in the trial system jurors' guide that says to guilty it.

So... an oversight perhaps? In any case it probably isn't getting punished nowadays, even if it technically should be.

Yes it is I was afk in one of my games and got suspended for it. Also not following the meta technically isnt bannable but it gets you lynched half the time and you can't really complain about it either.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby genericnpc » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:32 pm

Spoiler: to be quite honest you should just assume yes, this community has always been that way.
genericnpc
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby OreCreeper » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:19 pm

Should reghunting be bannable? Imo yes.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Brilliand » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:54 pm

OreCreeper wrote:Should reghunting be bannable? Imo yes.

I think it is in extreme cases (it would be a textbook example of "harassment"), but in mild cases the regulars are supposed to prevent it by changing their name.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby OreCreeper » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:21 pm

Brilliand wrote:
OreCreeper wrote:Should reghunting be bannable? Imo yes.

I think it is in extreme cases (it would be a textbook example of "harassment"), but in mild cases the regulars are supposed to prevent it by changing their name.

I mean reghunting goes by the same mindset as moneyshaming (the kind of people who reghunt and probably the same kind of people who would moneyshame) so it should be bannable if someone admits that they killed someone because of their IGN.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Next

Return to Town of Salem Discussion