The "Is it bannable/reportable" thread

Post anything related to the game here!

Re: The "Is it bannable/reportable" thread

Postby FrenchyTheSphee » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:30 am

kyuss420 wrote:
Pixies wrote:Can I get a offical response to this please -

Is it a reportable/bannable offense if a veteran goes "TP LO ON ME"; goes on alert and kills town? In all modes, not just one. I've been in too many town traitor game modes where the vet goes "tp/lo on me" and goes on alert, only to be town, not the traitor. This should be a bannable offence.

Not gamethrowing, altho it is a dick move and quite dumb. Jailor should have jailed it n1.

Why would it not count as gamethrowing?

The Veteran asked for townies to visit him and alerted to kill them. That is the same thing as lynching multiple confirmed townies.
FrenchyTheSphee
Spy
Spy

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:38 am

FrenchyTheSphee wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:
Pixies wrote:Can I get a offical response to this please -

Is it a reportable/bannable offense if a veteran goes "TP LO ON ME"; goes on alert and kills town? In all modes, not just one. I've been in too many town traitor game modes where the vet goes "tp/lo on me" and goes on alert, only to be town, not the traitor. This should be a bannable offence.

Not gamethrowing, altho it is a dick move and quite dumb. Jailor should have jailed it n1.

Why would it not count as gamethrowing?

The Veteran asked for townies to visit him and alerted to kill them. That is the same thing as lynching multiple confirmed townies.

It’s defendable under the (incorrect) logic that Mafia may attack a TPLO claim, and score the Vet a kill.
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby FrenchyTheSphee » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:55 pm

But isn't killing confirmed townies for a chance to get mafia not just gamethrowing?

For Example Jailor randomly executes for no reason at all because "there might be chance to get mafia"

That is gamethrowing
FrenchyTheSphee
Spy
Spy

Postby Joacgroso » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:09 pm

It's only gamethrowing if it is intentional. Sometimes you have to take a risk and exe to avoid losing mayority, even if you are not sure wheter your prisoner is evil or not. And there has to be a line to define gamethrowing.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:17 pm

FrenchyTheSphee wrote:But isn't killing confirmed townies for a chance to get mafia not just gamethrowing?

For Example Jailor randomly executes for no reason at all because "there might be chance to get mafia"

That is gamethrowing

That isnt gamethrowing either. Neither is random lynching.

If it were it would be considered gamethrowing every time a jailor exed anyone who gave a will. 3 sheriff claims? Gamethrowing if jailor exes the wrong one?

You have to realise the only townie considered confirmed, is a revealed mayor (and previously any player revived by ret)
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby alskdynhb » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:18 pm

FrenchyTheSphee wrote:But isn't killing confirmed townies for a chance to get mafia not just gamethrowing?

That is gamethrowing

That isn't technically gamethrowing. Jailor can exe anyone they want and as long as they do so with the intent of reaching their win condition it isn't reportable or gamethrowing. You may argue that it is a bad play and you'd be right, but the only time its reportable for a jailor to exe someone is if they are revealed mayor.
alskdynhb

Previous

Return to Town of Salem Discussion