Vet baiting

Post anything related to the game here!

Vet baiting

Postby ZeusHagg » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:19 pm

What is everybodies ideal vet bait?

I just played a game where D1 and claimed I was doc and was at jailor's will -- which to me is obvious vet bait. Why would doc come out D1? That would be an easy target for Mafia or NK. Anyway, I went on Alert and 2 other docs visited me that night.... Town agreed it was obviously vet bait and pretty good... so good even Townies believed it. Which obviously wasn't my intention but come on, it was blaringly obvious.

Thankfully there was a Retri but the dude was so salty over it to the point where he said he had reported me for 'gamethrowing' and ignored me. It's not my fault he fell for the oldest trick in the book. I've done it many times, quite successfully might I add. Probably a 95% success rate. But he was so mad and salty over the whole thing.

Then D3 he makes a comment saying he's town for lynching me, a confirmed town purely cos he's upset which means he's doing what he supposedly reported me for in the first place. Could the bait been better? Sure. Everything can be done better but as I said, it's successful vet bait.

1: Why would a Doc openly come out on D1? That makes you an easy target.

2: Why would Doc go on another Doc claim (which is obvious vet bait) in the first place? You get self-heal after all

What do you guys think? It was never my intention for it to go down that way. I've seen many different claims for vet bait, such as Jester, Sheriff etc, which again why would you come out on D1 if it wasn't vet bait? Just makes you an easy target.

So yeah, thoughts and what's your Vet strat?
ZeusHagg

Re: Vet baiting

Postby BlastingOff » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:05 am

I avoid baiting as a whole, beacause, in most cases, smart Mafia will see your bluff and dumb Town will go onto you to protect you (or interrogate you). The opposite is possible, but very unlikely

What I generally do is present myself as a good player and coordinating TPs on someone else so they don't go on me. Sooner or later, Mafia will attack me while TPs will stay on someone else. I may also be able to lure a Consigliere or Witch that wants to see what I am exactly.
BlastingOff
Medium
Medium

Postby dolphina » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:23 am

I bait in the form of no

My most successful vet plays are when I alert N1
Chances are I killed a random Townie or I killed a Mafia boi
And then I immediately claim vet afterward
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby cmitc1 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:47 pm

I just play to be an active and vocal town member, whisper the jailor every morning to make myself look TI like, and alert with my gut.

that out of the way, claiming a role d1 that is likely to attract town visits, and alerting, is one of those borderline gamethrowing thing.
cmitc1
Arsonist
Arsonist

Return to Town of Salem Discussion