RNG Needs Work

Post anything related to the game here!

RNG Needs Work

Postby BrawnTx » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:03 pm

4 outta 5 games mafia. outta 4 games 3 games mafia in a row with 2 games mafioso in a row and 2 games in a row double forger games. needs a little work

::UPDATE::: 8 outta 9 games so far i have been evil
BrawnTx
Witch
Witch

Re: RNG Needs Work

Postby Brilliand » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:23 pm

Keep in mind that true randomness means that some people get unlucky sometimes, and the structure of the ToS rolelist guarantees that for every player who rolls Mafia, multiple other players roll Town (unless you're in All Any, in which case rolling Mafia doesn't even suck).

I would be in favor of biasing the RNG so that no one ever gets especially unlucky, but that wouldn't be "fixing" it; that would be "biasing" it.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby CrimsonKatana » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:08 am

There's nothing wrong with RNG
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:42 am

Brilliand wrote:Keep in mind that true randomness means that some people get unlucky sometimes, and the structure of the ToS rolelist guarantees that for every player who rolls Mafia, multiple other players roll Town (unless you're in All Any, in which case rolling Mafia doesn't even suck).

I would be in favor of biasing the RNG so that no one ever gets especially unlucky, but that wouldn't be "fixing" it; that would be "biasing" it.

Some people enjoy playing as mafia, and 8 outta 9 games would be awesome for them. So biasing it, would really suck, and being ''unlucky'' by rolling mafia is just a matter of perspective

Personally Id be just as pissed if i rolled town 8 out of 9 games.... how boring

Also wheres Superalex with the maths to prove gamblers fallacy is false, and the 40% chance of being evil counts across total number of games played, instead of 40% per game??
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cob709 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:20 am

There are scrolls so this doesn't happen.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby dolphina » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:36 pm

Lol
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby 3cheersforidiots » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:23 am

somebody insert the executioner copypasta here
~Trash

Sophisticatedly unsophisticated Sophie.

Other gamertags are papill0n and luciolebrillant, dependent on game launcher.

FM Record
3 - 4 - 0

ImageImage
3cheersforidiots
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Brilliand » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:21 pm

kyuss420 wrote:Some people enjoy playing as mafia, and 8 outta 9 games would be awesome for them. So biasing it, would really suck, and being ''unlucky'' by rolling mafia is just a matter of perspective

Personally Id be just as pissed if i rolled town 8 out of 9 games.... how boring

The ratio "4 players roll maf/coven, 9 players roll town" is fixed and can't be changed (except by switching gamemodes or changing the rolelist), so biasing it wouldn't mean rolling Town more often. Rather, it would mean never rolling the same faction 5 times in a row; so no matter which faction you prefer, you'd be guaranteed to get a turn as your preferred faction within a few games. (Unless you prefer NK or NE - but the RNG could be biased to guarantee each of those at least once every 30 games as well.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Town of Salem Discussion