I'm gonna say it

Post anything related to the game here!

I'm gonna say it

Postby LCo » Sun May 17, 2020 3:46 pm

The devs are either lazy or incompetent or both. That's my free opinion and here's why I think this way:
This game has been around for years and so has a plethora of issues that the community is constantly crying about, yet the devs decide that the "unity port" is more important than a simple quick fix for easy to alter things. While I'm sure the port takes a lot of time and effort, most of the issues have existed long before porting started and most of the issues are easy changes to implement. Let's be real for a second here, the game pays the bills so don't tell me you are too small of a team to change few lines of code. While the game does pay the bills, remind yourselves that you're not running a multi million Esports and 2-4 weeks of live server testing wouldn't ruin anything for anyone. Or you know, just do what you do best like indefinitely working on the unity port but also finding time for more cosmetics, that seems to work well for you. After all, a balance patch won't give you money but a few new skins might... :Clapping:
LCo
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: I'm gonna say it

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:04 pm

the unity port is being so prioritized because flash sucks and is going out of commission later this year
signature

this is a certified floating candle moment

i am female now jsjsjs
KAKERMAN23
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby GobblinGoblin » Thu May 21, 2020 8:06 am

I love how you say 'indefinitely working on unity' when the devs have been actively posting about progress on the Unity beta test, and their plans going forward after that. I absolutely understand your frustration with the staleness of the game at this point, as there have been no true gameplay updates for a while, and the devs keep talking about how everything will start after the Unity port is done for the web game. But first of all, porting the game to Unity is the most important thing for them to do right now. If the devs don't port web to Unity, the web game will die, forcing a very large player base to buy the Steam edition if they want to play. The reason they have 'time for cosmetics' is because cosmetics don't require nearly as much work, or even the same kind of work. Dedicated artists can't just become a game dev over night... so the people working on skins are gonna continue working on skins. And while the dev team is working on Unity, and making it as good as possible, the artist(s?) will keep working on new cosmetics, because that's what they do. They aren't devs. Cosmetics and game updates run on different tracks.
GobblinGoblin

Postby kyuss420 » Thu May 21, 2020 9:20 pm

i get the cosmetics free from the cauldron.... idk how they make money on those....
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Transcender » Fri May 22, 2020 5:07 am

honestly still annoyed that when the devs finally released steam beta it was exactly the same as mobile (alot of mobile "features" would be considered issues on PC) with multiple bugs on the sign in page
did they not test it or did they just not care
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby MysticMismagius » Fri May 22, 2020 1:35 pm

To their credit they did fix most of those problems between the beta and the final release
Which is exactly what a beta is for, to test the port in real play and fix issues discovered in that environment

Although I do agree that it was annoying that we had to spell it out again that having a Steam version that functioned exactly like the mobile version was bad
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Return to Town of Salem Discussion