Is there any actually good ToS youtuber out there?

Post anything related to the game here!

Is there any actually good ToS youtuber out there?

Postby Joacgroso » Sun May 03, 2020 1:29 pm

Reading the balance thread I noticed there are a lot of "high elo players" who claim that their high elo games are different from what people expect. Is there any youtuber that accurately shows how these games are? It doesn't matter if they are not commented.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Re: Is there any actually good ToS youtuber out there?

Postby CrimsonKatana » Sun May 03, 2020 1:41 pm

Vsefotonz
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby EgyptFalcon » Sun May 03, 2020 8:39 pm

iRepptar
Check out my best role ideas:
Doomsayer (TK)
Kleptomaniac (NE)
Riddler (MK)
EgyptFalcon
Spy
Spy

Postby Flavorable » Mon May 04, 2020 12:32 am

"Good" is highly subjective and depends on what you're looking for.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby EgyptFalcon » Mon May 04, 2020 1:42 pm

I think he meant good at the game?
Check out my best role ideas:
Doomsayer (TK)
Kleptomaniac (NE)
Riddler (MK)
EgyptFalcon
Spy
Spy

Postby Joacgroso » Mon May 04, 2020 2:46 pm

I meant someone whose games shows what those supposed "high elo games" where "evils control town" and "jailors get cc'ed often" that were mentioned in the balance thread.
I checked a video of each of those youtubers, and there is a lot of toxicity up there.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby vincethejester2 » Mon May 04, 2020 4:24 pm

Vsefotonz is your answer. iRepptar is good as well.
-Juggernaut the Prolific Gamethrower
vincethejester2
Transporter
Transporter

Postby LewisFaisal » Mon May 04, 2020 4:36 pm

Joacgroso wrote:I meant someone whose games shows what those supposed "high elo games" where "evils control town" and "jailors get cc'ed often" that were mentioned in the balance thread.
I checked a video of each of those youtubers, and there is a lot of toxicity up there.

Jailor's get cc'd? Since when, Gold Rank?

The main differences between low elo and high elo are, if you ask me [master rank], is the understanding of the game.

There are people in Silver, Gold, and maybe even Platinum who still don't know things about the game. Spies who don't get how bugs work, Transporters random transing cos they got nothing better to do, Vigilantes thinking people are immune when they were simply healed and more.

With this understanding of the game comes good plays. But I daresay CCing Jailor is a very stupid play unless Jailor has no exes, and even then, it's not THAT good. Such a play is wayyyyy too situational to actually be considered often.

Smart towns will let the REAL jailor deal with any Jailor cc's, and that's why it rarely - if ever, happens. I don't know who's saying Jailors get cc'd often, but they're either 1600 or lower, bsing you or are the person who cc's jailor and really shouldn't be in Master Rank.

As for "Evils running the town". i mean yeah this one is KINDA true. If evils can get 3 townies killed, then usually evils won't vote in that situation since it's a 6V6, Even with Jailors and Vigi's trying to clean shit up, usually evils can hold their ground.

Although, i doubt that's what they meant. They probably meant when an evil is "confirmed" town and is getting mislynches left, right and centre without being suspected. And in my experience with 2 accounts [1 at Silver, 1 at Masters], i find leading the town as evils to be CONSIDERABLY easier in the lower ranks. Mere "bussing" rarely works with a smart town, and being "confirmed" usually requires other mafia to pitch in - which could cause the entire coup to tremble if one of them dies.

Usually, leading the town as evil either requires numbers or sacrificing. That's why you're more likely to see a GF leading the town over a Werewolf [yes there are exceptions].

TL;DR ccing jailor is retarded, don't do it and don't believe the people who claim they do it.

To actually answer your question, I recommend "IRepptar". He's got 3106 elo [last checked literally 6 minutes ago] and uploads quite frequently.
LewisFaisal
Witch
Witch

Postby Joacgroso » Mon May 04, 2020 6:41 pm

LewisFaisal wrote:Jailor's get cc'd? Since when, Gold Rank?

I don't remember who, but someone in the balance thread said that in "high elo" jailors were counterclaimed in most games and lynched often. It sounded weird to me, so I wanted to see it in action.

PS: This has nothing to do with the topic, but since you are giving advice: how do you tell a bad townie from an evil? When I am TK I keep killing townies who don't claim via whispers/don't cc/have awful wills/refuse to claim on stand. Is there any trick to tell a noob from scum? The only thing I can think of is focusing on voting patterns instead of claims, but that doesn't work as there are lots of evils who vote their own teammates up.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby MysticMismagius » Mon May 04, 2020 7:39 pm

Joacgroso wrote:
I don't remember who, but someone in the balance thread said that in "high elo" jailors were counterclaimed in most games and lynched often. It sounded weird to me, so I wanted to see it in action.
I believe that would be this post by SwampRabbit.

Joacgroso wrote:PS: This has nothing to do with the topic, but since you are giving advice: how do you tell a bad townie from an evil? When I am TK I keep killing townies who don't claim via whispers/don't cc/have awful wills/refuse to claim on stand. Is there any trick to tell a noob from scum? The only thing I can think of is focusing on voting patterns instead of claims, but that doesn't work as there are lots of evils who vote their own teammates up.
Honestly I got no fuckin' idea myself. I made a post about this on Reddit a while back:
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby LewisFaisal » Tue May 05, 2020 6:38 am

Joacgroso wrote:

PS: This has nothing to do with the topic, but since you are giving advice: how do you tell a bad townie from an evil? When I am TK I keep killing townies who don't claim via whispers/don't cc/have awful wills/refuse to claim on stand. Is there any trick to tell a noob from scum? The only thing I can think of is focusing on voting patterns instead of claims, but that doesn't work as there are lots of evils who vote their own teammates up.

I mean I play in Master Elo, so the option of being a "noob" usually isn't there. But here's a general basis of what I THINK works [I could just be lucky and deluded]

Common scumreads everyone should know:

Someone being completely silent is USUALLY scum [you MUST ask them for a role before you shoot though, because they may just be a Mayor keeping a low profile]
Someone saying shit like "OK guilty" without having claimed, pushed or voted the person up.
Someone saying shit like "inno or guilty" [this is usually JESTER, so don't hang]
Someone saying shit like "Don't whisper, could be a BMer game" as more often than not they're simply trying to act relevant [if they've claimed, posted will, then don't bother]
Someone saying shit like "So the Veteran was Disguiser" or other obvious statements [EXCLUDING BMed (when someone claims bmed), Mafia Jailed]
Someone posting a late INVESTIGATOR or SPY will is scum 80% of the time. If there are no other leads, hang them on the third trail [provided there's enough cc's to get it tipping into RTs]. Sheriff and LO wills posted late are not necessarily evil. To add to this point, if the Investigator posts their will finding BG/GF/Arsonist, someone who's previously claimed, or "witched into", then you should hang that. It's probably a mafia outing their GF to confirm themselves [day 2 only].
Someone posting a late SHERIFF will finding someone WHO'S BEING PUSHED WITHOUT A CLAIM as "Suspicious". This USUALLY is Neutral Killing/Neutral Evil, as, unlike Mafia, they have at least 3 other roles to find suspicious.
Anyone claiming any scum role [excluding day 1].
Someone claiming Veteran with like no messages/baits sent the entire game. They're probably Godfather.
Someone split-voting a townie with no real justification other than "vfr" [ESPECIALLY THIRD TRIAL]

Less common scumreads that I've only really seen myself pull off:

Someone leading town without claiming, and when whispered to, claims "TK". I wouldn't rush to kill them [unless you're a TK cc], but in a 50/50 I would hang that. See, they could very well be TK, but more often than not, they're simply acting townie to seem legitimate.

[role specific]: Whispering Investigative results to a Jailor and telling them to force a claim out of someone. If someone decided to whisper to your target, and they claim anything other than TI checking the target, chances are they're both evil [Blackmailer and whatever results you found].

Someone refusing to claim in whispers. [TP/Lookout/Transporter are exceptions, but even then it's still scummy and you really should claim].

Someone asking a LO for a will day 2 or 3.

Someone claiming only when they get on the stand.

Someone splitting town from another Mafia member USING A FAIR MEANS OF INFORMATION [i.e a Mafia claims medium and says that a dead sheriff found the last guy in their will as suspicious - particularly done when another mafia member is getting accused. OR "7 is quiet, vote 'em up"]

Someone aggressively leading VFR in a random order, not necessarily targeting quiet people - especially if there are people protesting and trying to vote for role a particularly scummy evil up.

Anyway I hope this helps. This is the sorta shit that lets me get 3/3 as Jailor and Vigi.

As for "Bad townies", you gotta trust your gut on that one.
LewisFaisal
Witch
Witch

Postby woahah » Tue May 05, 2020 8:34 am

town of salem is just in its own little bubble where no one can be separated from scum with complete confidence because people do the weirdest shit
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby PostLemon » Tue May 05, 2020 8:01 pm

Holly the Mayor!
PostLemon

Postby techyleo » Thu May 07, 2020 8:30 am

iRepptar, in his most recent video, he had something like approx. 3000 ELO. I love watching him, his NK plays are really good.
techyleo
Executioner
Executioner

Postby woahah » Thu May 07, 2020 9:13 am

techyleo wrote:iRepptar, in his most recent video, he had something like approx. 3000 ELO. I love watching him, his NK plays are really good.

already been suggested. already off the table.
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Royee » Fri May 08, 2020 5:45 am

LewisFaisal wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:

I mean I play in Master Elo, so the option of being a "noob" usually isn't there. But here's a general basis of what I THINK works [I could just be lucky and deluded]

Common scumreads everyone should know:

Someone being completely silent is USUALLY scum [you MUST ask them for a role before you shoot though, because they may just be a Mayor keeping a low profile]
Someone saying shit like "OK guilty" without having claimed, pushed or voted the person up.
Someone saying shit like "inno or guilty" [this is usually JESTER, so don't hang]
Someone saying shit like "Don't whisper, could be a BMer game" as more often than not they're simply trying to act relevant [if they've claimed, posted will, then don't bother]
Someone saying shit like "So the Veteran was Disguiser" or other obvious statements [EXCLUDING BMed (when someone claims bmed), Mafia Jailed]
Someone posting a late INVESTIGATOR or SPY will is scum 80% of the time. If there are no other leads, hang them on the third trail [provided there's enough cc's to get it tipping into RTs]. Sheriff and LO wills posted late are not necessarily evil. To add to this point, if the Investigator posts their will finding BG/GF/Arsonist, someone who's previously claimed, or "witched into", then you should hang that. It's probably a mafia outing their GF to confirm themselves [day 2 only].
Someone posting a late SHERIFF will finding someone WHO'S BEING PUSHED WITHOUT A CLAIM as "Suspicious". This USUALLY is Neutral Killing/Neutral Evil, as, unlike Mafia, they have at least 3 other roles to find suspicious.
Anyone claiming any scum role [excluding day 1].
Someone claiming Veteran with like no messages/baits sent the entire game. They're probably Godfather.
Someone split-voting a townie with no real justification other than "vfr" [ESPECIALLY THIRD TRIAL]

Less common scumreads that I've only really seen myself pull off:

Someone leading town without claiming, and when whispered to, claims "TK". I wouldn't rush to kill them [unless you're a TK cc], but in a 50/50 I would hang that. See, they could very well be TK, but more often than not, they're simply acting townie to seem legitimate.

[role specific]: Whispering Investigative results to a Jailor and telling them to force a claim out of someone. If someone decided to whisper to your target, and they claim anything other than TI checking the target, chances are they're both evil [Blackmailer and whatever results you found].

Someone refusing to claim in whispers. [TP/Lookout/Transporter are exceptions, but even then it's still scummy and you really should claim].

Someone asking a LO for a will day 2 or 3.

Someone claiming only when they get on the stand.

Someone splitting town from another Mafia member USING A FAIR MEANS OF INFORMATION [i.e a Mafia claims medium and says that a dead sheriff found the last guy in their will as suspicious - particularly done when another mafia member is getting accused. OR "7 is quiet, vote 'em up"]

Someone aggressively leading VFR in a random order, not necessarily targeting quiet people - especially if there are people protesting and trying to vote for role a particularly scummy evil up.

Anyway I hope this helps. This is the sorta shit that lets me get 3/3 as Jailor and Vigi.

As for "Bad townies", you gotta trust your gut on that one.

those are pretty much bad scum tells to use.
Recent Town game - 21A
Recent Mafia game - VFM73
Recent Neutral game - 17B
Royee
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby Conf971 » Sat May 09, 2020 10:57 pm

I hear Hojack Borseman is the greatest ToS YouTuber of all time. Check him out.

P.S. I may or may not be Hojack Borseman.
Conf971

Postby Mittani » Wed May 13, 2020 7:01 pm

I suggest “Holly the Mayor”

She’s high masters and usually has great plays and great games.
Mittani
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby vincethejester2 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:29 pm

nah she’s trash
-Juggernaut the Prolific Gamethrower
vincethejester2
Transporter
Transporter

Postby LewisFaisal » Thu May 14, 2020 10:36 am

Royee wrote:
LewisFaisal wrote: (edited out all the shit i said about scumreading cos it was long af)

those are pretty much bad scum tells to use.

I mean that's obviously not all I use, but they're what got me from 1200 to 2000 (if i was to name anything).
Reads are dependant on the game, naturally, so there's no real guideline I can usually give. That's just what I find turns out to be scum consistently.
LewisFaisal
Witch
Witch

Postby KagamineRinV4X » Thu May 14, 2020 10:48 am

I choose TwoPercentSkimm
Im currently using March Hare as IGN.

NEW IGN: Kinen (Gacha Life)
KagamineRinV4X
Medium
Medium

Postby Kuter » Mon May 18, 2020 12:03 pm

EgyptFalcon wrote:iRepptar

Dude is way too loud, my TV is default at 10, and i have to lower to 4 or 5 whenever i watch one of his vids. He gotta fix that, idk if anyone ever told him he's loud a fuh

I personally watch shadowbeatz, but he doesn't upload much these times
Kuter
Witch
Witch

Postby datguyawesome03 » Sat May 30, 2020 3:17 pm

skim is amazing
datguyawesome03
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby kosmo16 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:48 am

Joacgroso wrote:

I saw this few times. As TP or Lookout you always visit initial claim. Why? Because smart Jailor doesn't cc and either jail the guy or execute them N2. If Jailor isn't smart then you just have a game where Jailor dies N1 :)
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Transcender » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:50 am

does no one get that the answer is no tos youtuber is a good tos youtuber
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Next

Return to Town of Salem Discussion