The Trial system is so corrupt!

Post anything related to the game here!

The Trial system is so corrupt!

Postby BanditSpaceWolf » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:27 am

I have recently become a juror in the trial system. I judge everything fairly but even if they are clearly guilty according to the report the judges give them back as innocent and let me remind you they do not put exceptions on it. It causes your score to go down because of these corrupt judges and you get a warning because of it.

The other day this dude had an inappropriate IGN, "peeeenis", and well that is clearly inappropriate but the judge deemed it innocent like come on the trial system shouldn't be that bad. I also had a person hating on someone because they were gay and on top of that their name wasn't not hateful to the person attacked, this is what they were reported for, and of course I voted guilty on it and added a report for harassment. Most of the reports i get back the judges either forget to put exceptions or the are just so corrupt they will allow a innocent person to be bullied and let me tell you that from what i know the person that was attacked for being gay wasn't gay.

Come on Blank Media get GOSH DARN JUDGES THAT ARE NOT CORRUPT! They really be out here trusting their judges so much they are giving warnings to jurors who actually voted correctly on a report.

MAKE THE TRIAL SYSTEM GREAT AGAIN!
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Tyrant and Lawful Player
FOR MORE INFO ON HOW TO BURN THE WITCHES (*cough NOT THE JEWS *cough) GO TO
https://prezi.com/wyqimpjaymkc/methods-of-killing-during-the-salem-witch-trials/

ALL JOKES, did I mention that i'm a comedian!
_________________________________________________________________________________________
BanditSpaceWolf

Re: The Trial system is so corrupt!

Postby Flavorable » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:16 am

"Penis" is in no way, shape, or form a guilty name. Roughly 50% of the world's population has a penis. So this will never be guiltied in the Trial System.

As for the second thing you talk about, "hating on someone because they were gay" - Do you have a report number/link so we can check?

Keep in mind that just because you, personally, disagree with a ruling, doesn't mean Judges are corrupt.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BanditSpaceWolf » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:00 pm

Ok fair enough with penis not being inappropriate but if that is the case i have to ask you why is cum a guilty name it makes no sense. Also i mixed up two reports i haven't got back the one i was thinking of sorry about that.

My other problem is I have reported many people leaving mid game - early game and they haven't died yet and so i report them for leaving. Then they seem to all come back as innocent i don't understand that.
BanditSpaceWolf

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:11 pm

Leaving is not against the rules unless you admit you're leaving on purpose.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby BanditSpaceWolf » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:31 pm

Wouldn't it still be game throwing?
BanditSpaceWolf

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:33 pm

I also wish leavers were punished more, but BMG doesn't do it because they know a lot of leaving is actually accidental, since the game usually crashes. So unless they can prove it was 100% intentional, they won't pusnish it.
I can confirm I lost connection some days ago just as I rolled consort. I couldn't even see day 1. I bet people thought I was throwing, but it was actually not my intention to leave.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Flavorable » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:51 pm

Please make sure you read the P2P guide for Trial System as well, by the way, the bottom of the Trial System browser page indicates it should be read:

Reading the P2P guide would have shown you that leaving is no longer guilty, unless there is a show of intent.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BanditSpaceWolf » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:40 pm

Thank you for a clarification on leaving I have looked over the new rules multiple times but have missed the leaving part. But i still think there are some judges that let bias rule over what is true and some people get wrongfully banned because of it.
BanditSpaceWolf

Postby Flavorable » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:20 am

BanditSpaceWolf wrote:Thank you for a clarification on leaving I have looked over the new rules multiple times but have missed the leaving part. But i still think there are some judges that let bias rule over what is true and some people get wrongfully banned because of it.

While there is always room for human error when humans vote, the wrongful vote rate by Judges (going by the game's rules as described by the Devs) is extremely low and often caught and handled quickly.

Jurors, on the other hand, are the filtering system. They are encouraged to vote by "do you think a person should lose access to their account (even if permanently) for the thing they did in this report?". If a majority of jurors (which is a minimum of 5 jurors out of the required 9 jurors) finds something not worthy of a ban or suspension, the report gets closed as innocent.
Also keep in mind that there is a Trial outcome called "innocent with exception", which means guilty, but without punishment, which is often used by Judges who feel that the one report guiltied by jurors is guilty, but not directly worth punishment (usually, but not always, in one-off situations), but will likely result in punishment if the behavior keeps happening. This outcome can be seen in your Voting History as a blue circle with a ~ in it. You neither lose or gain TR via this.

Another thing to keep in mind, and something I often see newer jurors accidently miss: Make sure the reported category matches the crime. If someone was reported for spamming, but posted a link, the report needs to be duplicated to Hatespeech/Harassment and voted innocent on for spam (unless they broke the spamming rule as well, in which case you guilty spam).

A lot of newer jurors find it helpful to join the Trial Server discord, so they can directly ask Judges and Mods if something was voted innocent by a Judge, or by a juror majority, as well as ask questions while you're voting to the more experienced jurors in there if you have any.
Should you be interested in joining there, I suggest following the Discord link at the bottom of PrincessDespair's profile page.

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Meandrina » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:08 am

Before calling something corrupt, did you even reach out and question what was wrong?

Your first step should be to bring up the innocent reports and see why they were deemed that. Just as judges might make errors, maybe you are also making some.
For the reports you pointed out, (as others have mentioned) the in game name of peeenis is not suspendable. You have confused the rule on that. The rule sexually explicit. The word penis can be used in multiple ways that are in no way sexual. Cum is guilty because it in itself is sexualized.

The second report you mentioned about hating on gays, you point out that the report reason was for their name and that the player had an acceptable name. Then you say you voted guilty on that report. That is just flat out wrong. As the introduction to the trial system states, you need to make sure the report category is correct. You also stated you “added a report for harassment” this is the correct thing to do, which by the way, adds a guilty vote to the harassment report.

As for leaving reports, BMG had told the trial system to be very lenient on them. This is no something you can blame on trials nor the judges, most would also like to go back to guiltying this offense. “But i still think there are some judges that let bias rule over what is true and some people get wrongfully banned because of it.” Please point out specific reports instead of saying someone is biased. There may be more going on than you know.

I think you are also unaware that judges do not view every report. If the majority of jurors deem the report innocent, then the report is closed as such. Judges only view the reports where the majority of jurors voted guilty.

I encourage you to take a step back, review the rules (which is sounds like you read the devs version recently so good start there) and ask questions more than writing blanket statements. There are several documents to help jurors and a whole discord server dedicated to it, as well as channels of trial help in other discord server.
~Judge Emeritus~
Do you know all the game rules?? Check out the guide: http://bit.do/Juror-Guide

Have you played 150 games? Consider being a juror for the trial system: http://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start If you would like to join the Trial discord server, https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Meandrina
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby flairric66 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:35 pm

I disagree that this makes the system "corrupt", there may be other valid arguments for why that statement could be true, but I do not think this is one of them. The Trial System obviously bans a number of people, so at least some of those people who are guilty are being voted guilty. I think the real take away here is why are we penalizing jurors who lose a vote?
My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies.
Rip Hunter wrote:"Well, you really have buggered everything up this time."

Gorilla Grodd wrote:"It is time to Make America Grodd Again."

Squidward wrote:"There are some vikings here to see you."

Chocolate was first made in Southern Mexico/Central America
Darryl Strawberry is a right-fielder who was born on March 12, 1962 in Los Angeles, California.
flairric66
Doctor
Doctor

Postby ShylokVakarian » Mon May 04, 2020 10:29 pm

KatiyaKramer wrote:
BanditSpaceWolf wrote:Ok fair enough with penis not being inappropriate but if that is the case i have to ask you why is cum a guilty name it makes no sense. Also i mixed up two reports i haven't got back the one i was thinking of sorry about that.

My other problem is I have reported many people leaving mid game - early game and they haven't died yet and so i report them for leaving. Then they seem to all come back as innocent i don't understand that.

"Cum" is considered to be too sexually explicit by the devs to be used in game.

There needs to be proven intention of someone leaving in order to punish them. Usually with them saying in chat "F this game, I'm out" and leaving. This is due to the fact that mobile has had notable connection issues since it went live, and the browser version of TOS still runs on Flash, which is prone to crashing often.

The devs already have a leaver buster in mind to implement once Unity is fully up.

To red text: I'll assume either "HornyGayWerewoof" is not considered too sexually-explicit (The Horny part, obviously), or no one bothered to report/guilty it. And if it's the latter, I've been using that name for at least a year, so take that as a sign that no one care.
To blue text: I'm fascinated, and wish to learn more about how this system would work.

flairric66 wrote:I disagree that this makes the system "corrupt", there may be other valid arguments for why that statement could be true, but I do not think this is one of them. The Trial System obviously bans a number of people, so at least some of those people who are guilty are being voted guilty. I think the real take away here is why are we penalizing jurors who lose a vote?

I agree, that's a bit far. That should only happen if the case is particularly cut-and-dry, where the verdict is obvious no matter how you interpret the rules, such as an Inappropriate IGN report for someone who used a lowercase-L to sneak in the n-word with a hard R. The judge should be given a checkbox that they can check if it's one of those cases where there most definitely is no question whatsoever, not even an inkling of one that may be caused by a misinterpretation of the rules, as to the verdict, and only then should jurors who voted the other way be punished.
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby flairric66 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:11 am

That sounds like a good system, just so long as it gives the jurors who voted the other way the chance to explain themselves if the prevailing opinion is that the case has no room for leeway. Maybe nobody else sees it, but there actually is some argument there. Not overly likely, but possible.
My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies.
Rip Hunter wrote:"Well, you really have buggered everything up this time."

Gorilla Grodd wrote:"It is time to Make America Grodd Again."

Squidward wrote:"There are some vikings here to see you."

Chocolate was first made in Southern Mexico/Central America
Darryl Strawberry is a right-fielder who was born on March 12, 1962 in Los Angeles, California.
flairric66
Doctor
Doctor

Postby woahah » Wed May 06, 2020 9:12 am

Flavorable wrote:"Penis" is in no way, shape, or form a guilty name. Roughly 50% of the world's population has a penis. So this will never be guiltied in the Trial System.

As for the second thing you talk about, "hating on someone because they were gay" - Do you have a report number/link so we can check?

Keep in mind that just because you, personally, disagree with a ruling, doesn't mean Judges are corrupt.

wait isn't the c-WoRd guilty though
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Blakiepug » Sun May 10, 2020 12:40 pm

The trial system is corrupt. There is too much personal bias among the judges with judges carrying out vendettas for and against certain players. They have defended the name "Cotton Picker" in the past as not being racist since it is a machine. They have defended players saying "(player name) hangs day 2 no matter what their role" word for word in game, and then proceeding to do just that, as "taking advantage of a situation" instead of reg hunting. They have condemned players for saying "prepare to lose (player name)" and then not acting on it as reg hunting. They have personally sought out and harassed players on Discord, players who don't even know who they are. There are so many inconsistencies and malpractices going on with the trials system that have been called out in the past with no repercussions.
Blakiepug
Jester
Jester

Return to Town of Salem Discussion