Something has to be done to all leavers....

Post anything related to the game here!

Something has to be done to all leavers....

Postby Granislol » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:42 pm

This is getting so fucking annoying.

I just had a game where atleast 7 people left day1. Day 2 there was 4 mafia, 1 arso who then left, 1 invest, 1 doc, 1 vig

And i am 99% sure none of thoose who still were in the game reported thoose who left
Why isnt leaving a game punished harder?

Reason why people are leaving is because they get a to them "a boring role" now if 2 people leave yeah sure some people might report them, but if 6-7-8 people leave the winning side wont care becasue "lol easy win"

Either put a "you cant queue up for a game timer" even if you left 1 game or punish people by taking away merit points or gold coins...just do SOMETHING.

I cant be the only one who queue up for a game and instantly see 3-4 people leave right away because they got GF or WW or Arso or whatever role.
Granislol
Jester
Jester

Re: Something has to be done to all leavers....

Postby Joacgroso » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:49 pm

I agree something should be done. However, not all people leave because they dislike their role. Some days ago I rolled consort in ranked practice and the game froze inmediately, so I probably left before day 1 started, making people think I did so because I hated my role.
The best solution to this would be implementing the reconnect button and then punishing hard the leavers. I don't think reporting those people does anything at the moment, since it's impossible to prove they left on purpose. Also, you only need 2 reports to send someone to the trial system, so don't worry about the winners not reporting. Also, forcing people to wait for the game to finish in case they leave is a good idea.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby SparkingJay » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:58 pm

Imagine avoiding lynch by leaving the game and returning the next day lmao

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Joacgroso » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:46 pm

SparkingJayYT wrote:Imagine avoiding lynch by leaving the game and returning the next day lmao

Yes, that kind of abuse would be annoying, but I rather have a few players doing that than a lot of leavers in every game.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Superalex11 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:55 pm

KatiyaKramer wrote:it us understandable why the devs want proof of intention because it isn't fair to punish folks who are still running on Flash which is notoriously unstable.

Imagine the devs having a reasonable conception of "fair".
Soon™
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Flavorable » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:55 am

Superalex11 wrote:
KatiyaKramer wrote:it us understandable why the devs want proof of intention because it isn't fair to punish folks who are still running on Flash which is notoriously unstable.

Imagine the devs having a reasonable conception of "fair".

Any conception of "fair" is subjective. As is any conception of "reasonable". So just because it doesn't fit in your conception of being fair or reasonable, doesn't mean it's wrong. In the end it's their game, so as long as they feel it'd be unfair for punishing a lot of players for something beyond their control, it's their choice.

KatiyaKramer wrote:Also, a reconnect button is also on the devs list of things to implement after Unity if I am correct.

You are definitely correct.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby EqsyLootz » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:09 am

SparkingJayYT wrote:Imagine avoiding lynch by leaving the game and returning the next day lmao

Yeah but I support the recconect button. A few times i've crashed and got reported for GT even though my game crashed. A rejoin would be nice. But itll support one more issue. Leaving on stand

Often times an evil will leave on stand and then another evil will be pushed up aka 2 birds for one stone which hurts evils severely! 2 Evils dead during the day instead of 1. That was people will be forced to kill the DCERS. or if they leave on stand it's auto kill.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:25 am

Or just make it so people that purposely leave can't reconnect. Yes, they could still disconnect their Internet instead of using the button, but some of them would be stopped.
The problem with this is that people who leave during the discussion phase can't receive votes during the voting phase, so if a reconnect button was implemented leavers should become lynchable.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Superalex11 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:45 am

KatiyaKramer wrote:Except there is no possible way for the game to tell the difference between an accidental disconnect (internet failure, game crash, etc) and an intentional leave (person hitting the button, refreshing the browser, etc.).

Unless you're only meaning presently (rather than about the potential for implementation), this is simply blatantly untrue and I actually can't fathom why you would think so. At minimum the devs could link the button-click itself to some trigger, which obviously then wouldn't trigger upon crash or refresh. But unless the devs are even more incompetent than I've come to understand them as lately, they should be fairly easily able to design their systems to distinguish between disconnection due to a crash versus any manual method. Of course, there may be ways to get around some of these to make it seem (to the game server) like the user is crashing rather than leaving, but the average player who's leaving because he doesn't like playing mafioso likely isn't going to have the technical know-how to do so.
Soon™
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Flavorable » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:34 am

KatiyaKramer wrote:I've been informed by multiple people both on Discord and on the forums over the last 2 years that it is impossible to tell the difference, and here as one instance of a (now former) judge stating that it is the case.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=90965&p=2971086&hilit=disconnect+reason#p2971086

And even if it were possible, it would not stop folks from finding ways around it (like instead of hitting the button, they unplug their internet modem, if they are running on a laptop that has a internet connection button, they hit that and turn it off for 3 seconds).

Exactly this. Even for browsers users, it's not that hard to close a tab and re-open it. Or for a Steam user to hit alt + F4, or end the process in task manager. And no, that wouldn't be distinguishable from people actually disconnecting, since it does the exact same thing: the player disconnects from the game. Pretty sure the average leaver would know how to do so. It doesn't take any technical know-how to figure out a way around not being able to leave the game without clicking the leave button.

Regardless, this is a pointless conversation, since a leaverbuster is planned, as is a reconnection system.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby EqsyLootz » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:34 am

Flavorable wrote:
KatiyaKramer wrote:I've been informed by multiple people both on Discord and on the forums over the last 2 years that it is impossible to tell the difference, and here as one instance of a (now former) judge stating that it is the case.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=90965&p=2971086&hilit=disconnect+reason#p2971086

And even if it were possible, it would not stop folks from finding ways around it (like instead of hitting the button, they unplug their internet modem, if they are running on a laptop that has a internet connection button, they hit that and turn it off for 3 seconds).

Exactly this. Even for browsers users, it's not that hard to close a tab and re-open it. Or for a Steam user to hit alt + F4, or end the process in task manager. And no, that wouldn't be distinguishable from people actually disconnecting, since it does the exact same thing: the player disconnects from the game. Pretty sure the average leaver would know how to do so. It doesn't take any technical know-how to figure out a way around not being able to leave the game without clicking the leave button.

Regardless, this is a pointless conversation, since a leaverbuster is planned, as is a reconnection system.

I'm SOO Hyped for the recconection system. The ammount of times I did Ctrl Shift W and it closed all my tabs mid-game is annoying enough.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby ShylokVakarian » Tue May 05, 2020 12:18 am

Joacgroso wrote:I agree something should be done. However, not all people leave because they dislike their role. Some days ago I rolled consort in ranked practice and the game froze inmediately, so I probably left before day 1 started, making people think I did so because I hated my role.
The best solution to this would be implementing the reconnect button and then punishing hard the leavers. I don't think reporting those people does anything at the moment, since it's impossible to prove they left on purpose. Also, you only need 2 reports to send someone to the trial system, so don't worry about the winners not reporting. Also, forcing people to wait for the game to finish in case they leave is a good idea.

Wait, TWO reports? So all those reports of me being harassed by people who hate furries (a good portion of which even making the age-old "joke" of "If they want to be animals, we have the right to hunt them" and any other "jokes" about killing us) aren't even going through?

This is utter bullshit.
Last edited by ShylokVakarian on Mon May 18, 2020 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Joacgroso » Tue May 05, 2020 4:31 am

Well, otherwise flooding the system with false reports would be extremely easy for trolls. There has to be a limit.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby woahah » Tue May 05, 2020 4:38 am

ShylokVakarian wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:I agree something should be done. However, not all people leave because they dislike their role. Some days ago I rolled consort in ranked practice and the game froze inmediately, so I probably left before day 1 started, making people think I did so because I hated my role.

Wait, TWO reports? So all those reports of me being harassed by people who hate furries (a good portion of which even making the age-old joke of "If they want to be animals, we have the right to hunt them" and any other jokes about killing us) aren't even going through?

This is utter bullshit.

ok so first of all, thats the only way for us to protect against trolls, as joacgroso already stated
second of all, how do all these harassers know youre a furry
like, what
lastly, you said itself it was a joke
?????
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby ShylokVakarian » Mon May 18, 2020 12:53 am

woahah wrote:
ShylokVakarian wrote:

Wait, TWO reports? So all those reports of me being harassed by people who hate furries (a good portion of which even making the age-old joke of "If they want to be animals, we have the right to hunt them" and any other jokes about killing us) aren't even going through?

This is utter bullshit.

ok so first of all, thats the only way for us to protect against trolls, as joacgroso already stated
like, what
?????

I regularly use the werewolf skin.
And I mean "joke". It's not a joke, quite frankly, it's a threat. You have absolutely no fucking idea what it's like when a large number of people you've never even met want to murder you. There's so much furry hate, it's inspired acts of domestic terrorism.
I see/experience constant furry hate, homophobia, racist, and/or anti-semetic comments, and it's gotten to the point where people don't even CARE anymore. The game has become so toxic, you can jump from a game where some dude is ranting about black people to a game where someone is roleplaying as Hitler. Something has to be done about this, because almost none of these reports are getting through, and it's toxic shit like this that actively makes the game worse for everybody. SOMEBODY should be there to have the capacity to get these reports through without having to hope that a like-minded individual is also in the game, because those people are too few and far in between.
Last edited by ShylokVakarian on Mon May 18, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Transcender » Mon May 18, 2020 4:36 am

ShylokVakarian wrote:
woahah wrote:
ShylokVakarian wrote:

This is utter bullshit.

like, what
?????

And I mean "joke". It's not a joke, quite frankly, it's a threat. You have absolutely no fucking idea what it's like when a large number of people you've never even met want to murder you. There's so much furry hate, it's inspired acts of domestic terrorism.
I see/experience constant furryphobia, homophobia, racist, and/or anti-semetic comments, and it's gotten to the point where people don't even CARE anymore. The game has become so toxic, you can jump from a game where some dude is ranting about black people to a game where someone is roleplaying as Hitler. Something has to be done about this, because almost none of these reports are getting through, and it's toxic shit like this that actively makes the game worse for everybody. SOMEBODY should be there to have the capacity to get these reports through without having to hope that a like-minded individual is also in the game, because those people are too few and far in between.

first of all, its a werewolf skin? not really an indication of anything
secondly - you phrased it like it was a joke, and jokes aren't serious. Not just that I have experienced shit like this, I know how bad it can be.
Lastly, by making it only 1 report, bots and trolls will make too many reports and by trying to get more people breaking rules reported, you get more people walking away free because there are fake reports.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby MysticMismagius » Mon May 18, 2020 12:22 pm

Google wrote:
ShylokVakarian wrote:I see/experience constant furryphobia, homophobia, racist, and/or anti-semetic comments, and it's gotten to the point where people don't even CARE anymore. The game has become so toxic, you can jump from a game where some dude is ranting about black people to a game where someone is roleplaying as Hitler. Something has to be done about this, because almost none of these reports are getting through, and it's toxic shit like this that actively makes the game worse for everybody. SOMEBODY should be there to have the capacity to get these reports through without having to hope that a like-minded individual is also in the game, because those people are too few and far in between.
Lastly, by making it only 1 report, bots and trolls will make too many reports and by trying to get more people breaking rules reported, you get more people walking away free because there are fake reports.
You can fix this by allowing certain trusted users (perhaps those with a high enough TR) to single-handedly report people in game. That way you can't just come in with a new account and just report everybody to clog up the Trial System, but people who know their report will actually be valid can file a report without having to hope someone else reported as well.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby ShylokVakarian » Mon May 18, 2020 3:15 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:
Google wrote:
ShylokVakarian wrote:I see/experience constant furryphobia, homophobia, racist, and/or anti-semetic comments, and it's gotten to the point where people don't even CARE anymore. The game has become so toxic, you can jump from a game where some dude is ranting about black people to a game where someone is roleplaying as Hitler. Something has to be done about this, because almost none of these reports are getting through, and it's toxic shit like this that actively makes the game worse for everybody. SOMEBODY should be there to have the capacity to get these reports through without having to hope that a like-minded individual is also in the game, because those people are too few and far in between.
You can fix this by allowing certain trusted users (perhaps those with a high enough TR) to single-handedly report people in game. That way you can't just come in with a new account and just report everybody to clog up the Trial System, but people who know their report will actually be valid can file a report without having to hope someone else reported as well.

Mystic gets it.
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Transcender » Mon May 18, 2020 4:02 pm

Thats a fix, but its not really foolproof.
Also - stop with the colours god
Shylok youre helping no one stop
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby ShylokVakarian » Mon May 18, 2020 4:16 pm

Google wrote:Thats a fix, but its not really foolproof.
Also - stop with the colours god
Shylok youre helping no one stop

It's better than ignoring all the racism, anti-semetism, homophobia, and furry hate because there's hardly anyone who cares enough to report it. I have to go around and ASK people to report this shit. That should not be something I have to do.
I use it to reply to certain bits without the hassle of splitting them into different quotes.
I'm helping myself to not be unjustly-discriminated against.
Last edited by ShylokVakarian on Mon May 18, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Transcender » Mon May 18, 2020 4:29 pm

1. Breaking the report system breaks the report system
2. It hurts my eyes, you can just like, use the enter key
3. Yeah with statements like "Mystic gets it." You arent helping yourself because you obviously lack any grasp on this topic. You have put forwards nothing to fix it, and it isnt even the main topic of the thread.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Superalex11 » Mon May 18, 2020 5:36 pm

ShylokVakarian wrote:furryphobia

Unironically using this word probably isn't going to get people to take you as seriously as you sound like you want to be taken.
Soon™
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby ShylokVakarian » Mon May 18, 2020 6:37 pm

Superalex11 wrote:
ShylokVakarian wrote:furryphobia

Unironically using this word probably isn't going to get people to take you as seriously as you sound like you want to be taken.

Good call, changed to furry hate.
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby James2 » Tue May 19, 2020 1:58 pm

Granislol wrote:This is getting so fucking annoying.

I just had a game where atleast 7 people left day1. Day 2 there was 4 mafia, 1 arso who then left, 1 invest, 1 doc, 1 vig

And i am 99% sure none of thoose who still were in the game reported thoose who left
Why isnt leaving a game punished harder?

Reason why people are leaving is because they get a to them "a boring role" now if 2 people leave yeah sure some people might report them, but if 6-7-8 people leave the winning side wont care becasue "lol easy win"

Either put a "you cant queue up for a game timer" even if you left 1 game or punish people by taking away merit points or gold coins...just do SOMETHING.

I cant be the only one who queue up for a game and instantly see 3-4 people leave right away because they got GF or WW or Arso or whatever role.

They should just prohibit leavers from joining another game while the old one is still in progress.

KatiyaKramer wrote:A leaver buster will be coming to deal with all leavers automatically after Unity is fully done

The "leaver buster" has supposedly been a priority since 2015. Flash's end-of-life was announced in 2017.

ShylokVakarian wrote:
woahah wrote:
ShylokVakarian wrote:

This is utter bullshit.

like, what
?????

I see/experience constant furry hate, homophobia, racist, and/or anti-semetic comments, and it's gotten to the point where people don't even CARE anymore. The game has become so toxic, you can jump from a game where some dude is ranting about black people to a game where someone is roleplaying as Hitler. Something has to be done about this, because almost none of these reports are getting through, and it's toxic shit like this that actively makes the game worse for everybody. SOMEBODY should be there to have the capacity to get these reports through without having to hope that a like-minded individual is also in the game, because those people are too few and far in between.

If the internet is too mean for you, there's a very simple solution. Log off.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Transcender » Wed May 20, 2020 4:35 am

i think this is a good time to say that james2 isn't really someone right for this discussion
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Next

Return to Town of Salem Discussion