What's up with maf leaving n1 60% of the time

Post anything related to the game here!

What's up with maf leaving n1 60% of the time

Postby Jasdebi » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:35 am

In every game I go I name myself Leon and I swear I've been mafia for 70% of games
We get random lynched, role blocked, transported with our targets and even jailed in n1. Usually half the mafia is dead n1 and right now mafia is most of what I get to play. I currently have 18 ranked games won and 42 lost... my winrate is so bad and I dont feel like I've been given a chance to win :/
Jasdebi

Re: What's up with maf leaving n1 60% of the time

Postby CrimsonKatana » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:53 pm

It might take a while to get higher elo but once you do you shouldn't have to deal with that as much
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:02 am

heh, people dont believe it happens dude...

stats guy, (i forget his name) figures that theres 60% town roles, so you should be rolling town 60% of the time. He has the math to ''prove'' it XD

But yea, Im with you dude, I roll maf/NK/NE way more than town. When Im maf, town start playing day 2, or the GF goes rando or chooses dumb targets, then town gets confirmed by day 3 and its all over.
Then when I roll town, Im the only one (or 2) giving info for the first 4 days while everyone else stays quiet, so theres basically 2-3 of us vs maf/NK and the rest are silent, making us 3 the first targets, then town just rando lynch based on maf pushes.. or lynch me because day 2 or 3 ''is too early'' for a townie to claim and give info, so I must be scum or exe.

My fave is rolling NK, perfectly targeting the town roles in the right order, then targeting maf when numbers are even, (so i can side with town and lynch them, while picking off remaining town) then having the remaining town realise theyve lost and give the win to mafia who havent done a thing all game except stay silent and hit the docs target, hit the NE, hit the NK etc... (guess they lose less ELO that way) fun fun fun
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby BasicFourLife » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:03 am

how am i supposed to know the answer for this?

anyway, its probs cuz mafia has been broken for the past 5 years and some dummies at the top still havent bothered to fix it

bybeye
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby EqsyLootz » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:11 am

BasicFourLife wrote:how am i supposed to know the answer for this?

anyway, its probs cuz mafia has been broken for the past 5 years and some dummies at the top still havent bothered to fix it

bybeye

Ummm. Not at all. Mafia is very powerful and can win many games however most players don't know how to play it and leave. I'm ashamed of you for calling mafia broken >:(

The best mafia players are those who.
- Bus their members in a rough state
- Have creative claims and playes (Mafioso claiming transporter or Bmer claiming Invest)
- Uses their night Chats
- Never Abstains.
- Tries to sheep TK/Jailor into killing a player
- Fakes information
- Fakes Jailor (lmao this is true but amazing)

Everyone else who can't play mafia just leave.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:06 am

EqsyLootz wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:how am i supposed to know the answer for this?

bybeye

Ummm. Not at all. Mafia is very powerful and can win many games however most players don't know how to play it and leave. I'm ashamed of you for calling mafia broken >:(

The best mafia players are those who.
- Bus their members in a rough state
- Have creative claims and playes (Mafioso claiming transporter or Bmer claiming Invest)
- Uses their night Chats
- Never Abstains.
- Tries to sheep TK/Jailor into killing a player
- Fakes information
- Fakes Jailor (lmao this is true but amazing)

Everyone else who can't play mafia just leave.

win rates dont show this
meta doesnt show this
nothing shows this'

town of salem is a fundamentally broken game, pls dont debate me on this again for the millionth of times im so tired.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby TheWabbit » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:47 pm

the main problem about ToS is that a minute is most likely insufficient to form legitimate strategies, thus most plays are done on a surface level

for town, these include using an ability according to perceived wealth from cosmetics, the display name, or the player placement

as for probability, i believe it just happens.

TheWabbit
FM Awards: Mafia
FM Awards: Mafia

Return to Town of Salem Discussion