2nd Ranked TOS Tournament--open to ALL RANKED players

Post anything related to the game here!

2nd Ranked TOS Tournament--open to ALL RANKED players

Postby SwampRabbit » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:47 pm

Ranked players are staging our 3rd TOS tournament. The first was open only to master players by invitation. We had over 60 participants. The 2nd one was COVID CLASH with other 120 participants. This time the tournament will be open to all levels of players. This tournament will start at 6 am (CT) (Chicago time zone) on May 23rd.

The tournament will be divided into 2 phases. Phase 1 is open to all players with at least 300 games on record. The top 15 players as determined by weighted win rates for each faction will continue on to phase 2 to compete for the top prizes. To join the tournament, and for more information, join the Ranked Dweebs discord server at https://discord.gg/VWcfQPU. To participate in this tournament, you must join the discord server for full tournament rules and for communication and staging.

Tournament Prizes: (prizes will be paid via electronic steam gift card)

1st place (phase 2): $100 USD
2nd place (phase 2) $75 USD
3rd place (phase 2) $50 USD

Highest town win rate (phase 1): $50 USD
Highest mafia win rate (phase 1): $50 USD
Highest neutral killer win rate (phase 1): $50 USD
Highest neutral evil win rate (phase 1): $50 USD

Most tournament matches played (phase 1): $30 USD
2nd most matches played (phase 1): $25 USD
3rd most matches played (phase 1): $20 USD
Last edited by SwampRabbit on Tue May 19, 2020 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: 2nd Ranked TOS Tournament--open to ALL RANKED players

Postby SwampRabbit » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:46 am

COVID CLASH (Mini ranked tos tournament)

Sey talked me into it. Because we are all mostly on lockdown, we are holding a mini tournament starting tomorrow--March 15, 2020. You must be registered (by joining discord server and sending me your tos username via discord).
COVID CLASH mini tournament information:

Play as many tournament matches during the duration of the tournament as you can. Your final score will be the sum of your 30 highest scoring games. Grab all your ranked tos friends and get them registered because the more players in the tournament, the easier it will be to make tourney matches.

Start Date: Sunday March 15, 2020 at 6 am CDT (11 am GMT)
End Date: Sunday April 5, 2020, at midnight CDT (5am GMT on Apr. 6)

Rules:
1. NO SCROLLS ALLOWED!!!
2. no unregistered (random) users allowed in lobby (because we cannot control them using scrolls)
3. All players MUST remain Anonymous. Use Giles Corey skin and cottage house--no pet. Name yourself in accordance with the theme--”tos player names” as a theme is NOT ALLOWED nor is anything that would result in offensive names.
4. Be sure to post result in COVID results channel so game will count. Include a Screen shot of winning faction showing all names (so I can see if NE won too) and a Screenshot of End Lobby.
5. Legit game-throwing (kicked from tournament)--no warnings. One GT infraction and you are out (and I include a vet claiming jailor on d1 and alerting n1 as legit GT so don't try to be cute).
6. Leaving the game while alive or with ability to be revived, also going afk and causing your faction to lose, will be treated as GT---exception will be if you contact a Ranked Dweebs server admin or server mod by DM asap with an acceptable reason, like disconnect or game frozen, or power outage, etc. (Note: Do not message turdpile or naru etc about this because they are not involved so do not bother them!)

Scoring (subject to adjustment up until mini tournament starts):
Base win for Town: 60
Base win for Mafia: 90
Base win for NE: 90
Base win for NK: 120

Base scores will be adjusted on a per game basis for differences in ratings of evil factions versus town factions.

Town adjusted base winning score will be reduced by 20% if a retri is in the queue.
Mafia and Neutral Killing adjusted base win will be increased by 20% if retri is in queue.
Mafia adjusted base win will be reduced by 20% if mafia has 2 consorts, or 1 consort and a witch in queue.

Prizes (paid via steam gift card):
1st place-$40
2nd place-$30
3rd place- $20

Most game matches played: $10
Last edited by SwampRabbit on Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby TurdPile » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:49 pm

Administrator Message: To players signing up: Please note that this is a community-run event, and as such, BMG nor forum staff are sponsoring this event, and will not provide support in case of issues.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Postby SwampRabbit » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:10 am

COVID CLASH Day 1 update:

day 1: 8 games played

Leading right now are Sey with a score of 339 with only 5 games played (100% win rate) and Kdawg87 with a score of 371 and 8 games played (75% win rate).

Follow the results here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1144615867
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby woahah » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:41 am

sey is being allowed to rig the tourney lol
Dont bother with it
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SwampRabbit » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:48 pm

I can only assume that you are the discord user that I banned from my server earlier today. No one is rigging anything.

Anyone can host games. You could have hosted a game, but you did not want to do that. You wanted to ping me repeatedly while I was out celebrating my birthday to complain that players in the tournament preferred to invite higher level players into the lobby. I interrupted my celebration to repeatedly tell you that there are no rules concerning how hosts invite people into the games because literally ANYONE can host a game.

My server literally has 2 rules posted right on the top.

1. Be respectful to every person in here. That means no personal attacks, no racism, no homophobia, no religious bigotry, no xenophobia, no bigotry of any sort.
2. Heed warnings from admins and moderators for inappropriate chat.

Assuming that you are discord jaiden, you broke both those rules. I warned you several times before the tournament even started about being respectful to people in the server. I warned you repeatedly today to stop. You did not, so I kicked you from my tournament and from my server.

If you are not discord jaiden, then I have no idea who you are seeing as no one with the name of woahah has ever been a registered player in my tournament.
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby woahah » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:58 pm

I told you that sey was rigging
you told me that I had pinged you multiple times (which I hadnt) and I should stop, when me and 2 other people were trying to explain to you this
you continued to not handle or even acknowledge the situation at hand and were rude to me about it, so I shot back while continuing to try to fix the situation. I get that you really, really, like sey, but that is not an excuse. You should know this. The fact that you banned me over me trying to stop the tournament being a joke is a joke in itself.
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Descender » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:02 pm

Not only that, you contradicted yourself multiple times in the rules itself. I don't understand why you think that letting someone stop certain people they aren't friends with from playing games causing the tournament to be, in fact, rigged, is in the right. Seriously, grow up and learn that just because they're your friends doesn't mean they're not doing something wrong.
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby CrimsonKatana » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:45 pm

When exactly did she do this? If you were kicked from a lobby it's probably because she thought you were so bad you were borderline throwing or we had more than 15 people.
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby woahah » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:43 am

I wasnt kicked lol
And the tournement was (for some reason) first come first serve anyways
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby CrimsonKatana » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:15 pm

First 15 in lobby get to play and the tournament will have games for like 2 more weeks
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby CrimsonKatana » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:11 pm

I'm in the lead right now guys, idk just wanted to brag
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Flavorable » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:11 pm

Moderator Message: Public reminder/warning to stick to the forum rules. I removed two posts, one for rule 7 and one for rule 8. Keep in mind that failure to adhere to the forum rules may result in a Board Warning.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CrimsonKatana » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:35 pm

I may in fact be on the side of this tournament being a joke. Basically I've played like 70 games on it, I ended up crashing on like 7 of them 70 games because of a bug on mobile where if you switch out of tab while the game is starting then you'll probably crash. Anyways this happened a few times at first because I never really even tried to switch out of tabs before this tournament so I didn't know about it. I mainly was switching out to tell people on discord to join on the same device. Anyways I crashed like 4 times and I got a warning even though only like 1 of these times had an actual affect on the game. Everytime I switched out before this it was like anywhere from 20 seconds to a minute but then I stopped that because of this warning. Anyways flash forward a couple days and I'm in a lobby with currently 12 people and people are joining very slowly so I decide to risk it and I switch over tabs for like 5 secons to tell people to join up and I try to get back as fast as possible anyways we wait a little while longer and we're at 14 now, it's been a little bit since the last person has joined, I switch over to discord again to tell someone to join up and when I get back the game started loading up cause someone had joined and the host decided to start it immediately even when I've told people to give me warnings before you start while I'm in lobby... I was only switched over for like 5 seconds. Anyways after game the host decided to ban me for this and from competing. I'm not posting this to witch Hunt I'm posting this so other mobile players that might want to join can know what might happen. I'm currently in the process of appealing but the host muted me for a day because apparently "I made her head hurt"...
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby CrimsonKatana » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:35 pm

Alright well they said they'll unban me if I start playing on computer now
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SwampRabbit » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:20 pm

Katana, smh. You forgot to mention that you were given a final warning on Friday that disconnecting from mobile because you tabbed out during the lobby would no longer be a valid excuse for disconnecting since it is 100% within your control. You somehow think it is fair to your faction that they lose because you don't have a long enough attention span to stay in the game and not tab out? Like I told you earlier, I am your biggest advocate in that server, so show me proof that you purchased the game and are no longer using mobile and you can continue to play. tbh, I do not know if you are the only one who is using mobile in the tournament, but I do know that you are the only one who has disconnected from tabbing out, and you have done it 7 times now, each time promising to never do it again. Did you not notice me muting 6 people in the server today for trashing on you? I am doing everything I can to work with you and also keep it fair to the other players. Try working with me.
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby CrimsonKatana » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:47 pm

Unbanned now btw and I'm still at second after missing a bunch of games
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby woahah » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:25 am

SwampRabbit wrote:Katana, smh. You forgot to mention that you were given a final warning on Friday that disconnecting from mobile because you tabbed out during the lobby would no longer be a valid excuse for disconnecting since it is 100% within your control. You somehow think it is fair to your faction that they lose because you don't have a long enough attention span to stay in the game and not tab out? Like I told you earlier, I am your biggest advocate in that server, so show me proof that you purchased the game and are no longer using mobile and you can continue to play. tbh, I do not know if you are the only one who is using mobile in the tournament, but I do know that you are the only one who has disconnected from tabbing out, and you have done it 7 times now, each time promising to never do it again. Did you not notice me muting 6 people in the server today for trashing on you? I am doing everything I can to work with you and also keep it fair to the other players. Try working with me.

>muting 6 people for getting angry at someone who dced 7 times
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SwampRabbit » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:54 am

woahah, you are not on my server, and no one was muted for getting mad at someone who disconnected, and they were muted for comments and things posted more than 5 hours after the disconnect in question occurred. Leave managing my server to me. Thanks.
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby CrimsonKatana » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:44 am

Now I'm suspended for a day for talking in discord about a GF that was already dead during the game like jeez they were already dead and she doesn't seem to care. Sometimes this host just had no dang logic at all and they don't care about the fact they're being ignorant...
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby CrimsonKatana » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:05 pm

Yeah apparently you're not even allowed to even talk about things everyone already knows but I could have sworn I saw others doing it without a warning... I don't even care anymore...
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SparkingJay » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:38 pm

I remember people talking about certain events about the game whilst the game was going on in the last tournament, don't really see the problem here.
But I don't want to get involved with this.
Last edited by SparkingJay on Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby CrimsonKatana » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:30 pm

Sigh this wasn't even worth complaining about cause I just got unsuspended
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Descender » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:29 pm

SwampRabbit wrote:woahah, you are not on my server, and no one was muted for getting mad at someone who disconnected, and they were muted for comments and things posted more than 5 hours after the disconnect in question occurred. Leave managing my server to me. Thanks.

---------------------------
logic.exe - Application Error
The instruction at 0x00007FF8AD3410AE referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program
OK
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby vincethejester2 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:30 pm