Mafia outing NK in death notes?

Post anything related to the game here!

Mafia outing NK in death notes?

Postby AztexCroxodilePope » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:46 am

Why do mafia out immunes in death notes N2-3? A lot of the time I've seen this, outing and lynching the NK just gives town a lot less to deal with, and they're more likely to win.
AztexCroxodilePope
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Mafia outing NK in death notes?

Postby LewisFaisal » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:06 pm

I'm at 1700 ELO and I hate it when Mafioso does this [as evil]. I assume they tend to think town lynching NK will help them in the long run or something.
LewisFaisal
Witch
Witch

Postby EqsyLootz » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:26 am

Overall outting NK day 1 is not ideal. Neutral Killings can do a really big show when it comes to killing of townies especially in low win chance situations. Outting an NK after they kill 2/3 townies is alright though.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby kyuss420 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:05 am

Theyre scared the NK will kill one of them instead of a townie tho, and getting the NK lynched is a day that maf arent getting pushed or lynched, altho yea, outing them early isnt always the best move
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby lalasex » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:01 am

are we in 2017 where literally any mafia outted any immune-death targets or?

well looking at this community im not even surprised
RIP Town of Salem 2017-2018

You will not be remembered

lalasex
Transporter
Transporter

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:54 am

lalasex wrote:are we in 2017 where literally any mafia outted any immune-death targets or?

Dont worry, they still do it all the time. You should check lovers mode where solo evils turn into townies on trial and start snitching on all the other immune solo evils they hit. I guess theyre used to playing town and feel the need to share info (that they really have no business sharing) when town is too dumb to figure it out for themselves.. or theyre just spiteful and if they cant get a solo evil win, then no one should...

The same mentality happens in all any, fair enough if you have a faction alive and it gives them a free day, but outing immunes to town, when youre immune evil yourself is just a dick move.
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby LewisFaisal » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:14 am

kyuss420 wrote:
lalasex wrote:are we in 2017 where literally any mafia outted any immune-death targets or?

Dont worry, they still do it all the time. You should check lovers mode where solo evils turn into townies on trial and start snitching on all the other immune solo evils they hit. I guess theyre used to playing town and feel the need to share info (that they really have no business sharing) when town is too dumb to figure it out for themselves.. or theyre just spiteful and if they cant get a solo evil win, then no one should...

The same mentality happens in all any, fair enough if you have a faction alive and it gives them a free day, but outing immunes to town, when youre immune evil yourself is just a dick move.

I don't think it's a dick move. What IS a dick move is a witch being caught for having a shit will happening to have all the evils that the mafia she got lucky witching told her.

Sure, if Mafia pushed her cos they were working with NK, fair, but you see this happen in scenarios not like that.

In comparison, outing immune as immune seems timid lmao.
LewisFaisal
Witch
Witch

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:06 am

LewisFaisal wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:

I don't think it's a dick move. What IS a dick move is a witch being caught for having a shit will happening to have all the evils that the mafia she got lucky witching told her.

Sure, if Mafia pushed her cos they were working with NK, fair, but you see this happen in scenarios not like that.

not really... town are lynching you and youre out of the game. Why give the people knocking you out of the game info to help them win? Why out a WW or Arso in your ''last words'' or will, if youre SK? Its not gonna help your game any, and town should be figuring that shit out for themselves. In that regard, its no different from a witch outing the mafia in her will... just a dick move.
Personally I think thats the hardest thing about playing NK, getting called out by evils, more so than being detected by town
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby kosmo16 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:58 am

LewisFaisal wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:

Dick move is when Mafia lynch Witch who was helping them, only because they have majority and can do that.
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby AcidicBreeze » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:56 am

outing immune is usually a stupid idea early on in the game, mafia majority of the time needs the kills from the nk, and its also a 50% chance they are just outing the ne who could have been there ally. Then again alot of the playerbase never seemed to think ahead back when i used to play ranked. You get this happening alot even up in mid masters as well
AcidicBreeze Gen 2 Edition
Spoiler: Danganronpa XXVI: Marcella Usoro - Ultimate Medic
AcidicBreeze
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner

Postby kosmo16 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:16 am

AcidicBreeze wrote:outing immune is usually a stupid idea early on in the game, mafia majority of the time needs the kills from the nk, and its also a 50% chance they are just outing the ne who could have been there ally. Then again alot of the playerbase never seemed to think ahead back when i used to play ranked. You get this happening alot even up in mid masters as well

I always put in dn that player X was immune, where X is not a player we attacked.
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Kamaree » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:28 pm

I get outed by mafia as Immune as exe almost instantly when attacked.. Crazy, because usually I will side with mafia or NK if I win.

I then claim Exe and say I will work with Town and tell them my target is an already confirmed Townie that's different than my actual target and hope not to get hanged and can still get my target lynched.. (I do this as NK as well)

If it doesn't work I will sell out any Mafia that I know of if they out me early on. You're against me so early on, I'm against you.
Kamaree
Survivor
Survivor

Postby kosmo16 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:33 am

Kamaree wrote:I get outed by mafia as Immune as exe almost instantly when attacked.. Crazy, because usually I will side with mafia or NK if I win.

I then claim Exe and say I will work with Town and tell them my target is an already confirmed Townie that's different than my actual target and hope not to get hanged and can still get my target lynched.. (I do this as NK as well)

If it doesn't work I will sell out any Mafia that I know of if they out me early on. You're against me so early on, I'm against you.

I have a counter for this. Claim spy and rb'd (if its Jailor meta) and that you and your target was visited by Mafia. Town will assume your target was immune.
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby CrimsonKatana » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:47 am

But a roleblocked spy can't see mafia visits
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kosmo16 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:15 am

CrimsonKatana wrote:But a roleblocked spy can't see mafia visits

It can. Unless sth changed recently.
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby CrimsonKatana » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:26 am

"If you are roleblocked, you will not receive the results of your bug or any visits." - Town Of Salem Wiki

Idk what you mean I'm pretty sure it's always been this way

Yeah if I was Townie and you tried to claim rbed Spy with Mafia visits you would be lynched/exed on the spot as I've done it before and everytime they are evil
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Algus » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:52 am

outing the nk early is the surest sign of a bad player (** OUTING them is fine and is what you as mafia should be doing. If you try to push them to the stand after doing this, THAT's what makes you bad)

if you're pushing nk before any of the mafia are dead i'm going to assume you're mafia

if i'm a vig i'm going to shoot you immediately after i see you do it

it's in mafias best interests for the nk to die early, because losing 1 mafia means so much more than losing 1 town

it's in town's best interests not to lynch the nk early for the exact same reason

know what else? it's in the NK's best interest to thin the mafia out as early as possible, because they *need* you to die as soon as possible, you're the only thing that can kill them that they can't kill. you're the biggest threat to the mafia next to the jailor

1 town 1 mafia 1 nk. find me a townie that isnt going to vote the mafia out instead of the nk.

the situation is this:
mafia want nk dead as soon as possible (UNLESS mafias shortnumbered)
town wants nk alive UNTIL mafia is short numbered

nk wants wants mafia to lose members early because the mafia will no longer want the nk dead if they're short players
nk (late game) wants town to be in a position where hanging the NK is an autoloss
IGN - Max
If I'm not on Max, I'm the Thunder Trainer with cupid/loveshack or wolfpup/wolfden
Algus
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby CrimsonKatana » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:16 am

The only time mafia should try and lynch NK is when evils have a majority or are tied with townies in numbers and town has no way to come back. If you do it before that then you're bad because I just had a game where there were 5 townies left, 2 mafia left, 1 jest, and 1 arso (me) and mafia decides to screw themselves by killing mayor and then pushing me...???? I even told town as soon as mafia tried to say my name to lynch me so the Mafia can learn not to do this in the future and what will happen... They basically handed town win...
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Return to Town of Salem Discussion