Technical question: Mac OS support versions (Steam)

Post anything related to the game here!

Technical question: Mac OS support versions (Steam)

Postby OreoNyan » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:50 am

Hi, this is my first post here. I tried to find the answer in other topics, but if I missed it please direct me to the right location.

I started playing around November of 2019, and bought the game on Steam. I can of course also play on mobile and web, but I find the Steam version the easiest to play.

However, right after the Unity upgrade, I suddenly became unable to play the game on Steam. When I try to launch it, I receive the following error:
OS error 4294956486

I am using an older (2015) MacBook... was top of the line at the time I bought it but it's getting on in years, and I haven't been able to update the OS in awhile because the hard drive "only" has 18 GB free (that... seems like a decent amount? But I can't run the OS updates because of that.)

Was the Steam version updated AFTER the Unity update to eliminate support for older version of Mac OS? What is the lowest possible version that the game will run on?

Thank you for any help in advance.
OreoNyan
Jester
Jester

Re: Technical question: Mac OS support versions (Steam)

Postby pirapple » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:12 pm

You should try and clear up some room on your MacBook. Which version of OSX are you on? I'm on High Sierra (10.13.6) and can play the unity version just fine.
pirapple

Return to Town of Salem Discussion