Dear BMG

Post anything related to the game here!

Re: Dear BMG

Postby GeniusWind » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:07 pm

Hagg1s wrote:
InsidiousRex wrote:
Naru2008 wrote:I just want to point out, not to discredit Rex at all because this does suck and this shouldn't have ever happened, but there's no note of a password change on the account for June (or at any point since the breach) as claimed.

From a bystander's point of view, with what I'm given and can see, it just looks like the password was never changed.

I've inquired about this and asked for a Developer to at least make a comment on this thread, but again, this is just from what I can see. Dunno when they'll comment, if they do, but hopefully they can shed some sort of light on this, in additon to the email you sent in Rex.

Cheers.

To be clear, are you saying you don't have confirmation of my password change, or I never requested one?

(deleted link)

I have a pretty good idea of what I changed my password from and what I changed it to. Insinuating I did not change my password, as Katiya did in trials chat at least six times today, is not funny. Blend even confirmed he told me to change my password in June.

Edit: I also changed my password today, prior to your post. I assume you've omitted that as irrelevant. Regardless, feel free to message me about this on discord.

He didn't insinuate anything. He said they don't have any record of you changing it. Further, the screenshot you have posted only shows proof that you requested to change your password and is not indicative of you actually changing your password.

That either means:
A) You didn't follow through on the link in your screenshot;
B) There was a technical issue that either prevented your password from actually changing; or,
C) There was a technical issue that prevented the password change from being registered in their back-end.

Stop trolling the good man Rex. I've seen you kept trolling him in trial server. The mods of their server let you troll him for hours. You kept making fun of him for losing his ELO. Typical attitude of looking down on HIGH ELO players there, implying implicit support of bullying poor Rex. :feelsbadman: Click on the link Rex posted of him showing he changed his password back in June 2019. Pathetic troll
Last edited by GeniusWind on Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dislike: Passive 50 IQ low elo trash punks, eZ

Stats: Spoiler: Legacy Season: Silver ELO (hiatus after a week from season beginning; played months during prelegacy)
Season 3: ~2700 ELO [~ 52.8%]
Season 4: 3115 ELO [28.6% to 58%(max) ~ 54.5%]

----------------Subscribe to https://youtube.com/user/Vsefotonz on Youtube---Copy and paste this rignt now!!!
GeniusWind

Postby InsidiousRex » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:09 pm

Naru2008 wrote:I've inquired about this and asked for a Developer to at least make a comment on this thread, but again, this is just from what I can see. Dunno when they'll comment, if they do, but hopefully they can shed some sort of light on this, in additon to the email you sent in Rex.

Cheers.

I assume you had something to do with today's announcement. Thank you for that.

Not only have accounts been made more secure, but ranked lobbies will no longer feature countless bots auto-leaving, and Town of Salem is better off for it.
InsidiousRex
Survivor
Survivor

Postby InsidiousRex » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:56 pm

Hagg1s wrote:
InsidiousRex wrote:I added the bold emphasis. Now I'm going to quote my response out of order to spell it out for you, Hagg1s, since you enjoy interjecting where you don't belong.

TIL I don't belong on a public forum or in a public discord.

Private messages exist my man. Don't want attention? Use them.

If you want attention, find a girlfriend. Otherwise, stop trying to sound important on a post where I'm trying to raise awareness of these hacks to the developers. This isn't something you have the ability to disagree with, since the only input you have on my post is questioning whether or not I have changed my password, which you have no way of knowing.

Naru can find out. And that's why I'm talking to Naru. Let the adults speak.
InsidiousRex
Survivor
Survivor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:03 pm

My intent wasn't to downplay or make anyone look like a liar, or make them out to be one, nor was I intending on insinuating anything. I was making a statement based off the facts that I can see. I can see your Board Warning from Turdpile on December 23rd. There's no other logs (including password changes) on your account. Now yes Mod Logs were cleared in January by the few accounts who gained Admin privileges, but if you changed it in June, it would have been logged, as we weren't having log issues around that time (that I recall). I also don't see the one for today, to put that out there. Did you just use the first part to generate the random one, or did you also change it to your own personal one? I know that BMG had to fix an issue with the random passwords generated causing issues for login, etc. They fixed it shortly after.

If you say you changed your password, I believe you. However what I can see says you haven't, and I simply wanted to convey that.

None of this condones the handling of this issue of a year now, however, and this should have been settled when it first occurred.

Also may I suggest deleting the screenshot link now that you've provided it? It includes your email and would rather you not get some random emails.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby InsidiousRex » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:45 pm

Naru2008 wrote:My intent wasn't to downplay or make anyone look like a liar, or make them out to be one, nor was I intending on insinuating anything. I was making a statement based off the facts that I can see. I can see your Board Warning from Turdpile on December 23rd. There's no other logs (including password changes) on your account. Now yes Mod Logs were cleared in January by the few accounts who gained Admin privileges, but if you changed it in June, it would have been logged, as we weren't having log issues around that time (that I recall). I also don't see the one for today, to put that out there. Did you just use the first part to generate the random one, or did you also change it to your own personal one? I know that BMG had to fix an issue with the random passwords generated causing issues for login, etc. They fixed it shortly after.

If you say you changed your password, I believe you. However what I can see says you haven't, and I simply wanted to convey that.

None of this condones the handling of this issue of a year now, however, and this should have been settled when it first occurred.

I know that wasn't your intent, but it was the intent of several members of the trials discord when I broached this subject there. I know you're being truthful when you say you don't have notes of these password changes, but my most recent password change also confirms that your notes are inaccurate.

In June, I believe I used the "recover account" system at blankmediagames.com sign-in page and changed my password following the confirmation email. It was a password of my choosing.

My most recent password change used a link provided to me in the trials discord, which I can confirm resulted in the same confirmation email, and was changed successfully.

Naru2008 wrote:Also may I suggest deleting the screenshot link now that you've provided it? It includes your email and would rather you not get some random emails.

Done. Though I don't have access to delete the link quoted by others. You or another mod will have to do that.
InsidiousRex
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Daemon213 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:20 pm

Hagg1s wrote:
InsidiousRex wrote:
Done. Though I don't have access to delete the link quoted by others. You or another mod will have to do that.

You didn't change it, it's right here.

In Rex's defense, numerous people's password change wasn't being recorded (similar appeals).

Latest one : december 2019 - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=105148

Phpbb isn't actually the most secure forum my dudes
"Long is the way, and hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light."
-- John Milton; 'Paradise Lost', Book II
Daemon213
Executioner
Executioner

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:22 pm

Daemon213 wrote:
Hagg1s wrote:
InsidiousRex wrote:

In Rex's defense, numerous people's password change wasn't being recorded (similar appeals).

Latest one : december 2019 - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=105148

Phpbb isn't actually the most accurate software my dudes

That doesn't even relate to the quote you quoted. :roll:

He was referring to removing the link to the screenshot that shows his emails. We already discussed the password change.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daemon213 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:23 pm

What?

The quote was about password log not being shown.

The appeal was turdpile confirming some logs aren't shown.

Not sure why you are to rolling your eyes at it.
Last edited by Daemon213 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daemon213
Executioner
Executioner

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:24 pm

Daemon213 wrote:What?

Read my edit. It was related to the link that shows a screenshot that reveals his email, not the password issue. We already discussed that.

EDIT: Because that isn't what the quote was related to at all, my dude.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daemon213 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:27 pm

Oh I misunderstood. My bad.

Just saw some logs not being recorded wasn't mentioned so wanted to bring that up.
Daemon213
Executioner
Executioner

Postby InsidiousRex » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:22 pm

Hagg1s wrote:
InsidiousRex wrote:

You're right. What I deleted was itself from a quote. I went through that a little too quickly.
InsidiousRex
Survivor
Survivor

Postby InsidiousRex » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:36 am

If somebody doesn’t stop this guy from trolling, this forum is going to get a whole lot less pleasant.

There’s absolutely no need for you to keep insinuating I forgot to change my password. I spent yesterday with my girlfriend. I did this in passing. Just shut the fuck up already and mind your own business.
InsidiousRex
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Transcender » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:26 am

InsidiousRex wrote:If somebody doesn’t stop this guy from trolling, this forum is going to get a whole lot less pleasant.

There’s absolutely no need for you to keep insinuating I forgot to change my password. I spent yesterday with my girlfriend. I did this in passing. Just shut the fuck up already and mind your own business.

Is that a threat and what does that have to do with anything what
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Superalex11 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:10 pm

BoringLorik wrote:Hagg1s was just trying to help the old man, but he’s a grumpy old man it seems
Dont step on his lawn or he might throw a tantrum

Actually it's exactly this type of language I think Rex is referring to when he says the forums will get less pleasant. And while it seems Hagg1s' reminder was indeed helpful, the passive-aggressiveness in his posts is off-putting at best.
Soon™
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby InsidiousRex » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:36 pm

Hagg1s wrote:
InsidiousRex wrote:If somebody doesn’t stop this guy from trolling, this forum is going to get a whole lot less pleasant.

I did you a favour out of respect for your privacy due to your own oversight. I even PMed you on discord in case you weren't checking forums so you could address it promptly. A thank you would have been nice instead of more baseless allegations.

It wasn’t my oversight that led me to post a screen grab of a link containing my email address. It was the insistence of you and other members of the trials server that I never changed my password. Pushing me to provide evidence of my password change, then pretending you did me a favor by allowing me to take that link down is absurdly self gratifying.
InsidiousRex
Survivor
Survivor

Postby InsidiousRex » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:15 pm

You keep reasserting your personal take on what I may or may not have forgotten or may or may not have known. And it’s honestly quite nauseating reading and responding to your predictably glib responses; so I’m going to reiterate this point:

I have no fucking desire to listen to your nonsense. This isn’t a debate. It was the only way I could talk to the mods about this particularly topic, since I was scolded for pinging TurdPile asking to speak to him.

The entire lot of you are a bunch of fucking drama queens.

Just stop.
InsidiousRex
Survivor
Survivor

Postby InsidiousRex » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:19 pm

Naru, I’m requesting that this topic be locked. Any topic Hagg1s replies to turns into a dick measuring contest. I’m done.
InsidiousRex
Survivor
Survivor

Postby InsidiousRex » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:34 pm

KatiyaKramer wrote:It's not nonsense. You claimed that you changed your password twice, and your only proof was a screenshot of that confirmed a password request, not a confirmation that you actually went through and changed your password successfully. Adding to this is the fact that Naru, who has the ability to look it all up, could NOT find any traces of you changing your password either time you have claimed to do so. Could the system had glitched at one of those changes? Sure, but both times the system somehow fails to log your password change? Doubtful. Either the first or second time (or both), it is surely reasonable that you, as a human being, were capable of making a human error, as we all are capable of doing, and missed a step or failed to follow through with something. That is what we are trying to have you realize because so far, there is no concrete proof that you changed your password either time you claimed to do so. Now, if maybe Naru or TurdPile could dig further and find evidence, sure, there you go, but right now, you are making claims without proof and trying to stir up a panic as a result.

You don’t get a confirmation email of your password change. You get the email with a link to change it. You’re implying I don’t have proof of something I couldn’t possibly have proof of because it doesn’t happen. It literally doesn’t fucking happen.

I’ve changed my password twice now and Naru can’t even confirm either one. What more do you want from me? Why the fuck are you taking the topic of my account being hacked so personally? Just stop.

It’s no wonder the three of you responded to this post. You’re the most toxic people on the trials server and the only people I ever have any issue with.
InsidiousRex
Survivor
Survivor

Postby InsidiousRex » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:38 pm

Hagg1s wrote:
InsidiousRex wrote:You’re...the only people I ever have any issue with.

Your discord history determines that that is a lie.

Okay bud. Enlighten me?
InsidiousRex
Survivor
Survivor

Postby shelboo » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:39 pm

Moderator Message: Let's all ease up. Ultimately, it's up to an Admin and the original poster to see what maybe had occurred here and how things may be resolved. As the original poster has requested the thread to be locked, I will do so. If the original poster wishes for the thread to be unlocked, feel free to message a Global Moderator and things can be arranged.

Thank you.
Click here to send TrialBot a message where you will receive all reports ever filed against your account.
Just click on that link and then select "Submit" towards the bottom of the message.

shelboo
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Previous

Return to Town of Salem Discussion